California Water Crisis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Well shits fcked out here.

Wonder what is going to happen.

\\W//
how can california run out of water? you live by the coast

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by \\W//

Do you like drinking salt water?

Omega Vision
I remember reading an article that blew the lid on a major reason why California is having water shortages: farmers can make huge profits growing alfalfa in California and exporting it to China, alfalfa being a water-greedy crop. Basically it's a combination of America's two greatest foes: Communist China and Capitalist greed.

Robtard
The powers that be will have you believe it's due to taking long showers and having a dry year

snowdragon
We have been terrible stewards of our planet from animals to plants to water we hold nothing sacred as a general rule.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/beautiful-vacation-destinations-overtaken-by-trash-115394371634.html

Just think as our water supplies diminish the amount of pollution we put in them is going to become more and more concentrated.............

Good luck California............maybe now is a good time to start to bottle tap water and sell it to folks there, wait that's already being done essentially.

Robtard
Originally posted by \\W//

thumb up

Time Immemorial
Jerry Brown is just now waking up. Now he wants to fine people $500 a day for taking a shower that's "too long."

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
thumb up

Salt water can fix the problem. Only massive amounts of de sal plants but those would take years to build and the energy required would take more nuke plants and those will never happen.

Omega Vision
The perfect solution would be de-sal plants powered by tidal power plants. Too bad tidal power isn't feasible yet.

Times like this I miss the likes of Sym, ini/Oliver North, and King Kandy. Those dudes (along with DDD) could fill twenty pages just talking about solutions to energy problems and such.

Robtard
Combination of wind and solar power, as California has plenty of both wind and sun, could be used to partially power these plants.

Good news though, here in the Bay Area, temperature is dropping, wind is picking up and dark clouds are rolling in. Should have rain later tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Tzeentch
Yeah, we have the weirdest ****ing weather out here. It's getting progressively warmer everywhere else in the country, and it's getting colder and rainier here.

I thought you were in Texas, Supra?

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Do you like drinking salt water? It's my guilty pleasure.

Sacred 117
Do all of you just happen to live in CA?

Tzeentch
Rob is my Dad.

Sacred 117
Not sure if serious or not... mmm

Time Immemorial
Salt water can fix the problem. Only massive amounts of de sal plants but those would take years to build and the energy required would take more nuke plants and those will never happen.

Edit *cant fix the problem

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102563014

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Yeah, we have the weirdest ****ing weather out here. It's getting progressively warmer everywhere else in the country, and it's getting colder and rainier here.

I thought you were in Texas, Supra?

We're do you live in Cali? How is it raining there?

Robtard
Because it's the Bay Area and it has both the best and whackiest weather.

Time Immemorial

What you think is going to happen with the water crisis?

The state has zero plants built and will take years to even get one built.

Ms Chelle
The Bay area is sounding fun.. I think it's time to relocate. hmm

Robtard
What you think is going to happen with the water crisis?

The state has zero plants built and will take years to even get one built.

Don't know. I recall as a kid having to ration water in the 80's, but the population and farms, vineyards etc was considerably smaller then. Even factoring in today's water conservation, it's simply water vs growing population/agriculture and the gap there.

There's actually three desalination plants already, Monterey, Santa Catalina and San Nicolas. The fourth and largest so far will open in 2016, near San Diego.

California has a two trillion dollar economy, so the US government gives a massive **** about the state, I can see Federal pressure assuring that more plants get built, regardless of the environmental concerns.

Time Immemorial
I thought the one in San Onfre was closed down, didn't know they building another one. Ok now I don't think so bad. Thing is the ocean is pretty contaminated by radiation. So now your going to take irradiated water and drink it.

http://enenews.com/top-headline-fukushima-radiation-reached-north-american-shores-7-bqm3-cesium-detected-dock-pacific-northwest-professor-indicator-other-types-radioactive-substances-arrived-represents-potentia

Robtard
So I'll be turning into the Hulk!? Sweet!

Time Immemorial
Lol

Tzeentch
We're do you live in Cali? How is it raining there? San Frisco bay area.

It was in the 70's last week, now it's real chilly, and it rained yesterday.

Our weather does what it wants. Still better than Canada and the east coast though. thumb up

meep-meep
It's been known for a loong time that this would be an issue in the southwest U.S. for those who cared or paid attention. I used to be be an intern at the Great Lakes Water Institute in college and used to think about this planet's fresh water situation daily. It stressed me out. I hope our children's children have a future.

QE™
Question to people that live in CA:

Have water bottle prices gone up from $1 yet?

Omega Vision
Nah man, live three weeks in Miami and you'll see what "whacky weather" means.

SayWhat
Disappointed in Warren Buffet, seeing that he has a stake in CSX trains, why NOT move all that snow in Eastern Canada and the New England state by train to the empty California resevoirs. A great business opportunity wasted. He must be getting old and senile.

Imagine multiple 20 mile trains cross country to save the day.

Too late now, it's melting down this month and next.

SayWhat

Time Immemorial
California has not built one single resevoir in the past 30 years, yet the population has doubled.

Idiotic

bluewaterrider
Move here to Michigan.

Problem solved.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Move here to Michigan.

Problem solved.

Yea but its so cold there.

Time Immemorial
Lol Liberals dug there own grave.

http://joeforamerica.com/2015/04/california-dumps-trillion-gallons-fresh-water-ocean-declares-water-shortage/

Idiots.

Complete Morons

Time Immemorial
Farmers vs a bait fish

People vs food

Liberals think the bait fish is more important

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/20/its-farmers-vs-fish-for-california-water/?page=all

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.