What are your HOPES for post Convergence DC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
what would be your best case scenario for dc after convergence is all said and done?

i hope the multiverse continues to exist in a fashion, with greater interaction between the various worlds and eras. i'd love to see a couple universes merged perhaps, with heroes from multiple universes in one. that could lead to some fantastic story possibilities.

i'd also love to see some classic heroes given a little more focus and play a prominent role in the outcome. JSA-type guys who never QUITE seem to get the respect they deserve.

above all, i'd love for billy (cap marvel) to finally be revamped somehow, updated and given a real push. he needs an updated rogue's and some creative restructuring of his powers imo. he may be the most potential filled hero in dc who remains utterly untapped.

what do YOU hope comes out of the ashes....?

Blockythe1guy
I Would hope for Hypertime to return to make this event with some sense.

Galan007
^ Hypertime never went away. It was most recently mentioned in the Multiversity Guidebook.

Anyway, I really hope Morrison's cosmological structure endures, and things go back to how they were post-Flashpoint. IF any pre-Flashpoint earths/universes stick around after this event, hopefully they just take the place of the "7 Unknown Worlds" on Morrison's Map.

A well thought-out cosmology like Morrison has provided us is extremely hard to come by in the world of comics. Hopefully DC doesn't waste such a cohesive structure.

BruceSkywalker
violent comic books so the internet can explode and implode

ares834
I'd love a world devoted to All Star Superman (and Morrison's JLA run) and make the future DC One Million.

I'd also like a comic about a Multiversal Justice League team. Sorta like Multiversity 1 and 2 I guess.

And like Galan, I'd like Morrison's Multiverse to remain.

So yeah, pretty much all Morrison stuff looking at my list. lol

leonidas
you could ask for a lot worse. thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
I'd love a world devoted to All Star Superman and make the future DC One Million. This would actually fit perfectly, given how nicely All-Star Superman and DC One Million already tie-together. thumb up

Q99
Really, my complaints with DC have more to do with how things are run than the specific universe.

So, a Cass/Steph book or a Wonder Woman book that's pro female and doesn't feel the need to trash either her or her supporting female cast would be basically great, but too likely to be screwed with or include major missteps for me to work up much enthusiasm.

Golgo13
A Multiverse book. Looks like we might be getting one according to King.

-Pr-
For less politics to be involved in how comics are created. Just make good comics, that's all I ask.

Digi
As long as pre-Flashpoint DCU can exist again, I'm holding out hope for classic Wildstorm. Ostensibly it got merged into the DCnU, but supposedly so did pre-FP DCU. So...

ares834
Originally posted by Golgo13
A Multiverse book. Looks like we might be getting one according to King.

Really?

What did he say?

Golgo13

Q99
Originally posted by -Pr-
For less politics to be involved in how comics are created. Just make good comics, that's all I ask.

What do you mean by politics? Editor infighting?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
What do you mean by politics? Editor infighting?

Editor infighting, editors being too hands on with writers, writers and artists being moved around so much. Mandates from on-high about changes to characters that go way too far from what the characters are best known for and good at.

and yes, i'm also talking about the things you and I so vehemently disagreed about in the other thread, but that's only a small portion of what i'm referring to.

Golgo13
I don't think the editor problem will be much of an issue anymore. DC's line will be much more diverse now, with creators basically doing all different types of things without all the huge events they've been doing beforehand.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Golgo13
I don't think the editor problem will be much of an issue anymore. DC's line will be much more diverse now, with creators basically doing all different types of things without all the huge events they've been doing beforehand.

I want to be optimistic, but I guess we'll see.

leonidas
huh, that sounds both a little interesting and a little promising.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.