Gnost-Dural runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Warm up: Coleman Trebor

1. A'shard Hett
2. Ki-Adi-Mundi
3.Qui Gon Jinn
4. Kit Fisto
5. TPM Darth Maul

Boss: Count Dooku. Gnost-Dural is invisible due to Nightsisters magic. (Pretty much the same circumstances as that one fight Dooku was in)

Emperordmb
So Dooku's also drugged up?

DarthAnt66
3 or 4.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Emperordmb
So Dooku's also drugged up? yea.

Lord Stark
Stops at 4. Certainly dies at Maul.

Emperordmb
3 or 5

Trocity
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
3 or 4.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
3 or 4.

carthage
50/50 at 2.

Could be done at 3 or 4.

AncientPower
Originally posted by carthage
50/50 at 2.

Could be done at 3 or 4.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
3 or 5

ares834

Edit: Actually which version of Hett is this? Could stop at 1 depending on the time frame.

S_W_LeGenD
Stops at 5 or clears.

Gnost-Dural have superior feats and accomplishments then first 4 individuals of this guantlet.

ILS
Not sure where I have Hett, but, ignoring him for the moment, Gnost stops at Kit.

S_W_LeGenD
What has Kit Fisto done to imply that he can defeat Gnost-Dural? Nothing.

ILS
He curbstomped two MagnaGuards before they could even clash blades with him, was noticeably superior to AotC Kenobi years before Kit's prime in RotS, is by reputation and canonically one of the most skilled duelists the Jedi have ever produced, and one of the most skilled duelists in his Order (which is full of skilled duelists), and Mace selected him to fight Palpatine. He's generally just regarded with more skill than Gnost, and featwise I'd say he edges Gnost out.

It's a great fight, but I don't have Gnost quite on Fisto's level. He's solidly ahead of someone like Jinn but only approaching Fisto.

Out of pure curiosity, what has Gnost done to put himself ahead of Kit in your mind, Legend?

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ILS
He curbstomped two MagnaGuards before they could even clash blades with him, was noticeably superior to AotC Kenobi years before Kit's prime in RotS, is by reputation and canonically one of the most skilled duelists the Jedi have ever produced, and one of the most skilled duelists in his Order (which is full of skilled duelists), and Mace selected him to fight Palpatine. He's generally just regarded with more skill than Gnost, and featwise I'd say he edges Gnost out. Gnost-Dural has the accolades too. He received high praise from Satele Shan multiple times, his skills were fabeled even among the Jedi, and he is just generally referred to as one of the best Jedi of the era.

Trocity
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Stops at 5 or clears.

Gnost-Dural have superior feats and accomplishments then first 4 individuals of this guantlet.

Even a drugged Dooku with one arm and no legs would take Gnost to the curb.

ILS
Satele didn't ever compliment his combat skill, aside from saying he shouldn't be "underestimated" (your thread gave no context to that one), and that he's got decades of combat experience. Which is all well and good. Kit's been regarded by his contemporaries, namely Windu, Kenobi and Ti, as one of the strongest duelists of the era and in history. Not saying that a comparison of accolades is the be all and end all, but Kit's are definitely better.

NewGuy01
Poor A'Sharad.

ares834
Post-CW A'Sharad wins though. No need to feel bad for him.

Trocity
thumb up

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ILS
Satele didn't ever compliment his combat skill, aside from saying he shouldn't be "underestimated" (your thread gave no context to that one), and that he's got decades of combat experience. Which is all well and good. Kit's been regarded by his contemporaries, namely Windu, Kenobi and Ti, as one of the strongest duelists of the era and in history. Not saying that a comparison of accolades is the be all and end all, but Kit's are definitely better. praise of any sort from a grandmaster is not to be taken lightly. In any case, his skills are the stuff of stories, he has decades of experience and he is so good that his opponents think that he has to be wielding a super lightsaber. Those are great accolades

ILS
Originally posted by WildBantha88
praise of any sort from a grandmaster is not to be taken lightly. In any case, his skills are the stuff of stories, he has decades of experience and he is so good that his opponents think that he has to be wielding a super lightsaber. Those are great accolades 1. The praise is irrelevant unless it refers to his combat skill. Satele referred to other traits for the most part. You're reaching.

2. His skills being the "stuff of stories" isn't as good as being considered one of the strongest Jedi duelists of the PT Order/history.

3. Plenty of people have decades of experience, so Gnost isn't special there.

4. You're referring to an inexperienced apprentice, not a legitimately noteworthy fighter. I'm sure if Kit raped him and the other apprentice with his Shii-Cho they'd just as quickly check his lightsaber. And it's still not as good as Kit's accolades.

I like Gnost as well, but wanking him so profusely is why people will be more willing to put him below Qui-Gon than as someone who could give Kit a good fight.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ILS
1. The praise is irrelevant unless it refers to his combat skill. Satele referred to other traits for the most part. You're reaching.

2. His skills being the "stuff of stories" isn't as good as being considered one of the strongest Jedi duelists of the PT Order/history.

3. Plenty of people have decades of experience, so Gnost isn't special there.

4. You're referring to an inexperienced apprentice, not a legitimately noteworthy fighter. I'm sure if Kit raped him and the other apprentice with his Shii-Cho they'd just as quickly check his lightsaber. And it's still not as good as Kit's accolades.

I like Gnost as well, but wanking him so profusely is why people will be more willing to put him below Qui-Gon than as someone who could give Kit a good fight. I'm not even wanking. I didn't even say anything on this topic until just now, and all I'm saying is that he has good accolades too.

ILS
Originally posted by WildBantha88
I'm not even wanking. I didn't even say anything on this topic until just now, and all I'm saying is that he has good accolades too. You said Gnost "has the accolades too" - implying his accolades are as good as Fisto's. They aren't.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ILS
You said Gnost "has the accolades too" - implying his accolades are as good as Fisto's. They aren't. A rule of thumb is that you should never imply. Legend is the one saying Gnost>Fisto, not me

Trocity
Yeah, and Legend thinks Satele Shan can beat Darth Plagueis, so we should probably ignore most of what he says.

Nephthys
Satele broke a tree tho

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
Satele broke a tree tho And the tree branch Plagueis broke in the same circumstances was pretty meagre in comparison. Satele is definitely better.

carthage
Satele > Plagueis.

wow.

Nalaniel
Plagueis got rekt by non force sensitives. Huehuehue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.