Could Android 16's bomb really destroy Cell?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Android 16 seemed assured his bomb could've killed Cell. Would the explosion have been enough to really kill Cell, and prevent him from regenerating? Also if the bomb was that strong, could it have killed Frieza?

Q99
Pretty good chance of it, yea. As much power as 16 has, all in one blast would be very destructive. Or however strong it was- I mean, after all, it's usage is for if a target is too tough for 16's power.

Bentley
Yeah, Cell was phucked.

bbrem123
He would have been destroyed yes, but he most likely would reform similar to when he self destructed himself

juggerman
Why on Earth would it have not killed Frieza? Hell a single punch from 16 could have beaten Frieza before his 4 months of training

bbrem123
hahaha ^

I didn't even see that last part wtf

Galan007
I really don't think it would have done anything to Cell. If it DID somehow cause him damage, he'd certainly be able to reform.

juggerman
Cell was terrified. It probably would have killed him

Galan007
Meh, despite thinking he'd be perma-killed after kamikaze'ing in his Semi-Perfect form(which was FAR more powerful than #16 btw), Cell still fully regenerated.

A kamikaze from #16 wouldn't cause any lasting harm.

carver9
IIRC, it was stated the Android carried unlimited energy. Yes, it would have killed him.

Galan007
That just means they have unlimited power reserves/stamina. That doesn't mean they can unleash a blast that actually contains infinite energy, lol. If that were the case then #16's detonation would erase everyone/thing in the DBZ multiverse.

carver9
He was basically saying that he never runs out of energy which means infinite imo. Don't think the blast would wipe out everything though going by comics and manga standards. The blast would be contained. To each his own I guess but it makes sense looking at the huge power up Cell received by absorbing the Androids (beings that are far weaker than his first form).

Galan007
^ It was stated that Androids 16-18 have "infinite/eternal energy reactors." But again: that terminology only applies to their stamina. It certainly doesn't mean they can unleash a blast that contains infinite energy.

By that line of logic Vegito, Beerus, Golden Freeza, SSJG Goku, Whis, etc. etc. would all be erased by #16's detonation, 'cuz infinite'. Lol.

carver9
I get what you are saying, and good points.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Galan007
Meh, despite thinking he'd be perma-killed after kamikaze'ing in his Semi-Perfect form(which was FAR more powerful than #16 btw), Cell still fully regenerated.

A kamikaze from #16 wouldn't cause any lasting harm. exactly how I see it. thumb up

juggerman

A kamikaze from #16 wouldn't cause any lasting harm.

#16's explosion didn't come from his own energy like Cell's did tho. It was a bomb designed specifically by Dr. Gero which all of the Androids were fully aware of. They would know what it was capable of more so then us, especially Cell, who was created years later with a full briefing of the other Androids. Stands to reason he knew it would kill him.

Sj_Sharp
I really don't think it would have done anything to Cell. If it DID somehow cause him damage, he'd certainly be able to reform.

Agreed.^

Galan007
Originally posted by juggerman
#16's explosion didn't come from his own energy like Cell's did tho. It was a bomb designed specifically by Dr. Gero which all of the Androids were fully aware of. They would know what it was capable of more so then us, especially Cell, who was created years later with a full briefing of the other Androids. Stands to reason he knew it would kill him. Cell was from a future in which there was no #16... So he wouldn't have any clue what #16's bomb was capable of. Proof that he had NO knowledge of #16's design can be seen here:
http://i.imgur.com/FMniKeT.gif
Again: Cell had no idea that #16 was a fully mechanical-type Android, because he was from a future in which #16 didn't exist--thus he obviously wasn't privy to #16's blueprints and whatnot.

Aside from that, Cell stated that he thought his own kamikaze attack was going to perma-kill him--he didn't plan on surviving it. Despite this assertion, he still reformed nonetheless. But even IF Cell would have said something like: "#16's explosion is going to kill me!!"(he said no such thing, mind you), it still doesn't mean anything whatsoever. At that point Cell obviously had no clue how extensive his regen abilities were.

I can agree that the detonation *might* have damaged Cell to some degree. However, the opinion that it would atomize him to the point that he could no longer reform is just silly, imo.

Anywho, there's also this:
http://i.imgur.com/woEEOiW.gif
Cell's actual statement from the canon VIZ manga: "Heh... Too bad, metal man. Of course, no little bomb blast would kill me."

So yeah, Cell outright stated that he could have endured #16's detonation anyway. /shrug

juggerman
Yeah I forgot about #16 not existing in Cell's future.

No one likes you Galan!!!!! mad

Galan007
laughing out loud

SSJGGogeta
I'm with Galan on this one. I think that the explosion definitely would have hurt Cell, and maybe even to the point that, say, his own self-destruct, but it still wouldn't have put him past the point of regenerating. He was just too strong, honestly. I don't even get how 16 managed to hold him for a second though. Cell was thousands of times stronger than him when he was semi-perfect. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.