who can best tank a full powered blast from silver surfer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
This ia a maximum powered cosmic blast from SS at 60 feet away. The participants are all high herald class. Who takes it and gets up unharmed, damaged, knocked out or destroyed?

Superman
Thor
WBHulk
Sentry
Gladiator
Hyperion ( any version )
Captain Marvel- dc
Majestic.
Captain Atom
Orion
Green Lantern- with shields up
Black Adam
Blue Marvel

Feel free to add anyone that I left off this list, but not above or below high herald level.

Digi
If Thor can use Mjolnir's energy soak - and this is reasonably intelligent forum-Thor, not warrior dumbass Thor - he tanks it easily.

Otherwise, everyone gets harmed at least a little bit. Surfer ain't no joke.

But, in roughly this order:

Mostly unharmed:
DCnU Atom
Sentry

Moderately harmed:
WBHulk
Superman
Thor (sans Mjolnir)
Better versions of Hype

Significantly harmed:
The rest

A lot depends on what feats you want to play up. In the worst feats for all of them, they're all significantly harmed. In the best feats, they're only moderately affected. And several are on the fence, like Orion (imo at least), who could be higher on my list.

I don't think Surfer would OHK anyone though. Depending on your estimation of a few of them, they may end up KO'd though.

lawest9
Bump........

Supermex
Silver Surfer probably has the most powerful blast attack of all heralds..

I dont think anyone here is taking a free shot from SS like a champ in this type of challenge.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Supermex

I dont think anyone here is taking a free shot from SS like a champ in this type of challenge.
Thor, Orion and Hal disagree.

And WB Hulk wouldn't even feel it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Digi
If Thor can use Mjolnir's energy soak - and this is reasonably intelligent forum-Thor, not warrior dumbass Thor - he tanks it easily.

Mostly unharmed:
DCnU Atom
Sentry

Moderately harmed:
WBHulk
Superman
Thor (sans Mjolnir)
Better versions of Hype

Significantly harmed:
The rest

A lot depends on what feats you want to play up. In the worst feats for all of them, they're all significantly harmed. In the best feats, they're only moderately affected. And several are on the fence, like Orion (imo at least), who could be higher on my list.

I don't think Surfer would OHK anyone though. Depending on your estimation of a few of them, they may end up KO'd though.
Both Atom and Sentry have done nothing in their regular forms to say they can tank it better than ****ing Hulk or Superman.

Supermex
Originally posted by abhilegend
Both Atom and Sentry have done nothing in their regular forms to say they can tank it better than ****ing Hulk or Superman. [/quote

Jokes on Abhi I guess

Superman is not in WBHulks class!

WBH might be the only one that can take a bast here.

abhilegend
When did I say he was?

riv6672
This is a tough one. Its already going all over the place, less than 10 posts in.
Damn.

carver9
World Breaker isn't Herald level and everyone on that list withstands the attack. Surfer isn't one shotting anyone on the list, let alone severely damaging them is we look at their best as well.

lawest9
Originally posted by carver9
World Breaker isn't Herald level and everyone on that list withstands the attack. Surfer isn't one shotting anyone on the list, let alone severely damaging them is we look at their best as well. What level do you put world breaker at?

celeyhyga17
Surfer's best? Hmm...

Regular portrayals they can all be hurt or ko'd. Not sure about WBH though.

cdtm
Didn't Airwalker one shot Thor?

He's a lot weaker then Norrin.

carver9
Originally posted by lawest9
What level do you put world breaker at?

Trans tier.

Digi
Both Atom and Sentry have done nothing in their regular forms to say they can tank it better than ****ing Hulk or Superman.

Hulk would take more damage but heal quickly. Thus my estimation. And "regular form" becomes such an ambiguous term for characters like these who often have various incarnations. I'm taking these guys at or near their best. In which case, yes, the feats of Sentry and DCnU Cpt. Atom outstrip the others, if only by a little in some cases.

That said, it's close, and I won't begrudge anyone a difference of opinion here or there.

Originally posted by Supermex

Godblast comes to mind. A few others have similarly haxx attacks. Surfer is probably the most well-rounded on the list, but certainly doesn't have the best single attack.

h1a8

Mostly unharmed:
DCnU Atom
Sentry

Moderately harmed:
WBHulk
Superman
Thor (sans Mjolnir)
Better versions of Hype

Significantly harmed:
The rest

If we are talking about high end Superman then he receives no damage due to feats his high end feats. Average Superman vs. average Surfer then hardly no damage either. Surfer's average blasts are kind of generic and mediocre. His high end blasts are something though.

Surfer at best can blow up a planet with a blast. Surfer on average could probably destroy a very small town with a blast or a significantly damage a well built and strong starship.

WBHulk wouldn't feel a thing. He endured a force (with shockwave and heat energy) of MORE THAN A BILLION TIMES than that of disintegrating thousands of Savage Hulk beings and a destroying a planet.

"Id"
That time discharge that ripped open a black hole was sick.

That's probably Surfers best.

abhilegend
Hulk would take more damage but heal quickly. Thus my estimation. And "regular form" becomes such an ambiguous term for characters like these who often have various incarnations. I'm taking these guys at or near their best. In which case, yes, the feats of Sentry and DCnU Cpt. Atom outstrip the others, if only by a little in some cases.

That said, it's close, and I won't begrudge anyone a difference of opinion here or there.

Godblast comes to mind. A few others have similarly haxx attacks. Surfer is probably the most well-rounded on the list, but certainly doesn't have the best single attack.
Not really. I'd like to see some durability feats from both Sentry and Atom which places them so high in your opinion.

Mindship
WBH
Mjolnir+Thor
Superman

Supermex
The list is full of high heralds

WBHulk is above all of them.. Maybe take him off the list.

Without WBH I say Thor & Superman take it best

ShadowFyre
WBH isnt Herald level, so.I will use WWH if thats ok.

Thor w/Mjolnir -no sells it

Current Sentry has his body obliterated and just makes a new one 1 second later so he basically is unharmed as well.

Thor(no mjolnir) and everyone else on this list could be severely damaged at worst to knocked out at the least. They are all peers and equals in my eyes, just different powersets. And SS is arguably one of the most powerful here.

If someone as strong as powerful got a free shot on your chin your probably getting knocked out, no shame in it. If the roles.were reversed, SS could get one shot knocked out by Hulk, Glads etc.

Im.assuming they are all taking the same.concussive force blast. Otherwise, SS could imbue his blast with.certain attributes that would severely harm people like Gladiator and Superman who.are susceptible.to.certain.types of radiation.

Prof. T.C McAbe
WBH is physically Trans or even low Skyfather, if you are generous and go by hyperbole, all in all he is HH, other incarnations of Hulk are MH or lower but HH in strength. WM Thor, who is physically WBH equal is a trans if he uses all his powers. OWAW Supes who is physically above WBH by feats is all in all above trans.

That said we shouldn't use the very best showing of a char but their general level they act on and there Hulk is MH and Thor or Superman HH.

carver9
Stop lowballing. The ruling are already in place for Hulks tier and everyone already knows it. Your hate doesn't change anything.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Stop lowballing. The ruling are already in place for Hulks tier and everyone already knows it. Your hate doesn't change anything.

It's no hate brah, just the truth and i disagree with the placement hased on feats and logic.

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
It's no hate brah, just the truth and i disagree with the placement hased on feats and logic.

YOUR truth and it really doesn't matter if you agree or not since it is set in stone. You have been preaching this for a long time about Hulk and people are still placing him above Herald levels. I admit, you're consistent but I don't think you'll convince anyone here, especially the peeps that has read the comic. Let's not pretend like you like the character and let's also not pretend like the people on the forum don't know the power level of this Hulk. With that said, you can keep reaching all you want but it appears (for the people that has read the comic and to my knowledge a lot of them on the previous page has) everyone's mind is made up. Good attempt though.

Prof. T.C McAbe
^Set in stone? Lol, yeah beware Marvel. And i know i am right by not pretending that a Shared, wish amped planetary feat iw above the capabilities of a Herald.

carver9
^Set in stone? Lol, yeah beware Marvel. And i know i am right by not pretending that a Shared, wish amped planetary feat iw above the capabilities of a Herald.

Pretty sure everyone here has seen your thought on the ft. I have debated on this consistently along with Naija, and plenty of others with you. There's no need for me to continue this debate, everyone knows WBH tier along with standard Hulk tier. You can keep denying it if you want but you're not changing anyone's opinion. Now I'm done discussing this.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Pretty sure everyone here has seen your thought on the ft. I have debated on this consistently along with Naija, and plenty of others with you. There's no need for me to continue this debate, everyone knows WBH tier along with standard Hulk tier. You can keep denying it if you want but you're not changing anyone's opinion. Now I'm done discussing this.

There are enough people who see through your bs tbh. As for the fanboys you named, if a million people says something stupid it's still something stupid. Good day though bro.

carver9
There are enough people who see through your bs tbh. As for the fanboys you named, if a million people says something stupid it's still something stupid. Good day though bro.

Keep preaching. Nobodies paying attention.

Supermex
WBHulk is to powerful for this nonsense

Proceed

DarkSaint85
Supersex has spoken!

Sin I AM
He knocks out anyone not in the trans tier. ....thread.

Supermex
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Supersex has spoken!

lol thank you, thank you

Sex anyone ??

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by lawest9
This ia a maximum powered cosmic blast from SS at 60 feet away. The participants are all high herald class. Who takes it and gets up unharmed, damaged, knocked out or destroyed?

Superman Hurt but survives it
Thor Hurt but survives it

WBHulk Tanks it or heals real quick
Sentry Not sure
Gladiator Barely hurt. Yes he takes it better than Supes
Hyperion ( any version ) Hurt but survives it

Captain Marvel- dc Tanks it
Majestic. not sure
Captain Atom Tanks it
Orion Hurt but survives it

Green Lantern- with shields up Hurt but survives it

Black Adam Tanks it
Blue Marvel Hurt but survives it

Feel free to add anyone that I left off this list, but not above or below high herald level.

Juggernaut Tanks it also

Supermex
This is Silver Surfers most powerful blast they are taking right on the chest/Manhood area ?

zom1967
Now wait a second,W.B.Hulk got ko`ed by some earth satellites.I have heard the Surfers most powerful blast can destroy a planet.Thor with his hammer live but he takes a brutal pounding,even his hammer might get Damaged.(you know whats funny 15 years ago there was a big debate as to weather Thor was even bullet proof!As for Hulk Surfer has the power to turn him back to Banner whenever he wants.Supes lives but looks like he was in a war.Sentry and hyp should live also but be in worse shape.

Stoic

In this case, that is not entirely correct. The stronger he became, the more durable he did as well. The Surfer wouldn't hurt WB Hulk at the height of his power even a little.

Tony Stark

confused

lawest9
I didn't specify any particular version of supes, but depending on which.........he takes it with little to no effect.

zom1967
Originally posted by Stoic
In this case, that is not entirely correct. The stronger he became, the more durable he did as well. The Surfer wouldn't hurt WB Hulk at the height of his power even a little. Are a few earth satellites more powerful than the Surfer.In Hulk 250 he Tanks his best blow and turnes him back to Banner.The hulk can never beat the Surfer,and the Hulk was my fave from 5 years old!

lawest9
Originally posted by zom1967
Are a few earth satellites more powerful than the Surfer.In Hulk 250 he Tanks his best blow and turnes him back to Banner.The hulk can never beat the Surfer,and the Hulk was my fave from 5 years old! That was the classic savage Hulk, I doubt SS can do that to WBHulk.

abhilegend
He can't. Both Armageddon and Red Hulk who defeated Surfer by energy absorption failed to do that to a weaker hulk than WBH.

zom1967
That sounds good .But the earth satellites still turned WB Hulk back to Banner!

carver9
Now wait a second,W.B.Hulk got ko`ed by some earth satellites.I have heard the Surfers most powerful blast can destroy a planet.Thor with his hammer live but he takes a brutal pounding,even his hammer might get Damaged.(you know whats funny 15 years ago there was a big debate as to weather Thor was even bullet proof!As for Hulk Surfer has the power to turn him back to Banner whenever he wants.Supes lives but looks like he was in a war.Sentry and hyp should live also but be in worse shape.

You might want to read what the satellites did to WBH.

DarkSaint85
That sounds good .But the earth satellites still turned WB Hulk back to Banner!

Lol

zom1967
Why is it lol,it did happen!

lawest9
Bump.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.