The Emperor's Wrath vs Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Before commenting, please read: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/the-emperor-s-wrath-respect-thread/103818/

Lord Stark
Tyranus takes this.
-Better lightning than Baras
-Superior TK
-Superior saber technique.

There's not a single area Dooku cannot defeat the Wrath in.

DarthAnt66
No. The Wrath is superior to Dooku in TK. The guy disintegrated a massive door to dust.

And the Wrath is more impressive in lightsaber combat - slaughtering 1,000 of the Republic's finest.

Nephthys
In raw combat though I'd be inclined to put the Wrath beating Sel Makor above any of Dooku's accomplishments.

Also, I'd say Ekkage one-shotting a Sith Lord with lightning is as good a feat as any Dooku's FL has done. And Baras is stronger than her. Both fell to the Wrath.

DarthAnt66
It's not like Dooku can overpower the Wrath via lightning, if that is what we are discussing.
The Wrath survived a massive explosion and large rocks collapsing on him. And then this:

"Sith who train in the stalwart arts of the Juggernaut boast unrivaled stamina in battle. Through diligence and clarity, the Juggernaut shapes the Force to his will to become nearly invulnerable. Damage that would destroy others is shrugged off, and futility fills the Juggernaut's foes with doubt and despair. Protecting their allies and punishing their adversaries, they charge into the thick of any fray, and take the brunt of the assault and are even able to drain the energy of their enemies to further strengthen their resolve." ―Star Wars: The Old Republic

Lord Stark
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No. The Wrath is superior to Dooku in TK. The guy disintegrated a massive door to dust.

And the Wrath is more impressive in lightsaber combat - slaughtering 1,000 of the Republic's finest.

A. Explosion doesn't happen from TK bro, it was assisted. Nor is that as impressive as Dooku crushing Ventress with a finger.

B. There were 1,000 stationed there. I doubt the entire staff engaged him and even if they did, that's not beyond Dooku if you include EU feats.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
In raw combat though I'd be inclined to put the Wrath beating Sel Makor above any of Dooku's accomplishments.

Also, I'd say Ekkage one-shotting a Sith Lord with lightning is as good a feat as any Dooku's FL has done. And Baras is stronger than her. Both fell to the Wrath.

I'd disagree. Dooku has fried multiple Force sensitives with singular blasts of lightning. And even if we were to put their lightning on par, the Wrath was hard pressed to reflect Baras' lightning. Difference is if he tries that against Dooku he'll just Tutaminis it back. Also Dooku is WAY better with a blade than Baras or Ekkage.

DarthAnt66
It was assisted by a Jedi Knight who was defeated by a handful of commandos... it doesn't change the impressiveness. erm
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4491663-1256432920-ywQAq.gif
Dooku has nothing on that. ^

Nope. He was ordered by Darth Baras to eliminate everyone there - something confirmed by Captian Eligyn.

Lord Stark
It was assisted by a Jedi Knight who was defeated by a handful of commandos... it doesn't change the impressiveness. erm
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4491663-1256432920-ywQAq.gif

That's not even as impressive as the Barsen'thor's feat let alone as impressive as Tyranus. Game animators not wanting to animate them blasting the door back does not equate reducing to dust.

You're missing my point. He did not engage 1,000 people at once.

DarthAnt66
Barsen'thor's feat is quite mediocre when you see it in video. The pictures going around about it is a false representation.
Dooku has no feats like that. erm Telekinetically dominating Ventress doesn't compare to the raw power represented there.

I accept your concession. And yeah, he marched through a command center and slaughtered them all. What's your point?

Nephthys
No it isn't, Ant. I already proved I'd actually undersold its size. And Stark, 'Thor is better than Dooku in TK so I have no clue what you're on about.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
I'd disagree. Dooku has fried multiple Force sensitives with singular blasts of lightning. And even if we were to put their lightning on par, the Wrath was hard pressed to reflect Baras' lightning. Difference is if he tries that against Dooku he'll just Tutaminis it back. Also Dooku is WAY better with a blade than Baras or Ekkage.

Untrained force sensitives are hardly more resistant than normal people. IIRC they weren't even in armor, like the Sith Ekkage fried.

Dooku didn't tutaminis back his lightning when Yoda deflected it, he bounced it to the side.

DarthAnt66
No it isn't, Ant. I already proved I'd actually undersold its size.
I saw the picture - then I saw the video. Based on my eyes, they aren't even close.

Nephthys
I saw the picture - then I saw the video. Based on my eyes, they aren't even close.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2vb8x1j.jpg

It's over 5 times as big as the fat build, which is easily 6 ft tall (as I recall it's actually around Qyzen's size, who's 2 meters). That's around 30 meters or more. Most houses are about 22 ft or something. I'd only ever estimated it as being as big as a house, when it's actually bigger.

It looks less impressive in video because of perspective and because you can't easily compare it to anything in motion.

Also this is pointless since the Barsen'thor tanked an explosion that disintegrated a MUCH bigger blast door while weakened. And she didn't need no help either. excellent

DarthAnt66
Yeah, I seen your argument. The picture I saw originally wasn't even comparable. Then again, our eyes show us different things.
Most houses are about 22 ft or something.
Where the hell do you live - the ghetto? messed

Nephthys
I actually just googled that.

DarthAnt66
Also, that pic is deceiving too. A large part of the door was pushed outwards - but still hanging out. I'll try to whip up a decent calculation.

DarthAnt66
Actually, re-watching it again, she didn't destroy any piece of it. It looks completely intact, just separated and bent from the middle down.

Compare that to the Wrath completely disintegrating that fused door. Oh wait, you can't. wink

Nephthys
I know she didn't destroy any of it, I never claimed she did. It's pretty obvious:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/987fe392f1ff526beec47ae6dbc1d448/tumblr_mnu9ayeG0s1rbwuv5o2_500.png

She smashes through it.

It is much larger and thicker than the Wraths door and she was weakened and much more inexperienced (Taris vs uh, Belsavis?) and does it casually on her own.

I can compare her tanking a bigger blast door getting disintegrating.

DarthAnt66
I was under the impression she did. Separating a massive door and bending it back =/= crushing actual metal to dust.
Sure, it's impressive, but if it was as impressive as the Wrath's, the center pieces should have been disintegrated, not intact.

That's not telekinesis.

Nephthys
I dunno how you misinterpreted that so badly, lol.

Either way, both are better than Dooku. thumb up

Pretty much is. A Force Barrier is just a telekinetic shield.

Lord Stark
No it isn't, Ant. I already proved I'd actually undersold its size. And Stark, 'Thor is better than Dooku in TK so I have no clue what you're on about.

How do you figure? Savage can barely lift those pillars and yet easily TKs a large shuttle. And yet Dooku lifts them all with ease. Powerscaling puts Dooku at around or above the Barsen'thor imo.

Lol Nightbrothers aren't untrained. I'll give you the armor point. But I'd still rate Baras' lightning at Dooku's level. But again the Wrath was huffing and puffing reflecting it. Its not like he no-diffed Baras.

Fair enough. He can still just bounce it back.

ares834
The exploding barrel is game mechanics.

DarthAnt66
@Nephthys:

Neither do I, lol. :P

Obviously. thumb up

Hm, not really. Do you have a quote, or is this just an observation from TOTJ and DOE?

DarthAnt66
Sure, but that won't do anything. The Wrath's endurance is incredible.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ares834
The exploding barrel is game mechanics.

The quest-text specifically highlight it and say you have to ignite it with your lightsaber.

ares834
The quest-text specifically highlight it and say you have to ignite it with your lightsaber.

Does it?

Fated Xtasy
Not sure how relevant this is to the debate but Dooku's been able to move a bunch of ships during JQ: FSD. So meh. Anyway rolling with Dooku, good fight though.

Nephthys
Does it?

Yeah, the quest text updates telling you to ignite the barrels to blow open the door. I can find it if you really want.

ares834
Nah, that's fine.

carthage
Dooku in a decent fight

SIDIOUS 66
Can someone post a full video of the door feat?

Also, Krell proved that he is more than capable of defeating 1000 soldiers. That's not an argument I would use against someone like Dooku, who has consistently fodderized force users that solo armies all the time.

Dooku's best TK feats consists of casually dominating other powerful telekinetics, such as Ventress, Vos, and Kenobi. His best lightning feats include rendering Bulq unconscious with a single one-handed short blast, frying force sensitive zabraks, nearly overwhelming the saber defenses of both Kenobi and Kiplee at the same time, using a one-handed attack. Saber feats--stomping opponents who have better saber feats than the wrath.

Nephthys
Which door feat, lol.

Nephthys
How do you figure? Savage can barely lift those pillars and yet easily TKs a large shuttle. And yet Dooku lifts them all with ease. Powerscaling puts Dooku at around or above the Barsen'thor imo.

Lol Nightbrothers aren't untrained. I'll give you the armor point. But I'd still rate Baras' lightning at Dooku's level. But again the Wrath was huffing and puffing reflecting it. Its not like he no-diffed Baras.

Her feats are better than Dooku's and much better than Savage's and most were done at varying degree's of inexperience and debilitation. I put smashing through that blast door, smashing through an impenetrable vault door, tanking the explosion and hucking that massive chunk of metal way above moving a shuttle. And better than lifting those obelisks.

Untrained in using the Force or any kind of sorcery. They have no means to resist the attack. And the Wrath was huffing and puffing after fighting Baras for some time, not just from one blast of lightning.

He can try, perhaps. The Wrath would just bounce it back again most likely.

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
nearly overwhelming the saber defenses of both Kenobi and Kiplee at the same time, using a one-handed attack.

Kenobi alone blocked his lightning though.

Hm, not really. Do you have a quote, or is this just an observation from TOTJ and DOE?

Well what is a barrier if not TK? Its an invisible wall of force, what else could it be?

carthage
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Not sure how relevant this is to the debate but Dooku's been able to move a bunch of ships during JQ: FSD. So meh. Anyway rolling with Dooku, good fight though.

Got a quote for that feat?

SIDIOUS 66
Which door feat, lol.

The one that suddenly elevates The Wrath to Dooku's level.

EDIT: Kenobi did block Dooku's lightning years prior, which would indicate that Dooku wasn't putting as much power in his attack on Geonosis, or Dooku's lightning may have upped in power.

Nephthys
2ILhM8tqUvc

SIDIOUS 66
Aside from lifting about 20 huge obelisks simultaneously, pulling down ship-size balconies, demolishing large portions of caves, defeating groups of force sensitive Zabrak warriors with lightning, etc, the best way to determine how powerful Dooku truly is, is by examining the feats of powerful force users whom were absolutely no match for Dooku. So,

Kenobi:
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/obi-wan-kenobi-respect-thread/96476/

^ Stomped by Dooku.

Vos:
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/quinlan-vos-respect-thread-1566791/

^ Stomped by Dooku.

Bulq:
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/sora-bulq-respect-thread-1653903/

^ Him and Tholme both Stomped simultaneously by Dooku.

Ventress:
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/asaji-ventress-respect-thread-1604363/

Stomped by Dooku.

Tholme:
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/tholme-respect-thread-1657587/

^ Him and Bulq combined, stomped by Dooku.

It should also be worth noting that not only has Dooku dominated these individuals with the force, but has also handed them their asses in saber matches, indicating Dooku's greatness as an all around combatant. He's even dominated some of these individuals at the same time. Even Ventress, with the help of two formidable nightsister warriors, was bested by a heavily drugged and blinded Dooku in a saber battle, and then force dominated by him with a lightning attack that sent her and her companions flying out of Dooku's palace.

Not to mention Dooku easily dominated Savage, who was, at the time, powerful enough to force push a starship a pretty long distance and over a landing platform (if you pay attention, the ship was landed pretty far from the edge of the landing platform).

I'm aware that The Wrath has also defeated powerful opponents, but of Ventress and Kenobi level? I don't think so. Definitely not with the same ease as Dooku has.

Nephthys
I'm aware that The Wrath has also defeated powerful opponents, but of Ventress and Kenobi level? I don't think so.

Lol.

Sel Makor >>>> Ventress and Kenobi.

carthage
Sel Makor has no dueling feats, and beating him obviously wont help him in a Lightsabers duel LOL.

Not sure what's so hard for the TORbots to accept Dooku is the better duelist

SIDIOUS 66
Lol.

Sel Makor >>>> Ventress and Kenobi.

Not at that state. We've been through this before.

That fight doesn't give me anything on The Wraths skills or power as a warrior, as it's an unquantifiable feat. Unless you can tell me how he'd beat Ventress based on that confrontation alone. Lightning? TK? Saber ability? If you're going to make such a conclusion then you might as well say he's more powerful than Vitiate and Makor, which would only hurt the latter two.

The door feat was impressive, though. It was a very thin door evidently. The jedi who helped, what are his TK feats outside of that scenario?

DarthAnt66
Ah, my slave returns. Ignoring the other infidels, I might actually engage in a debate with him.

Carthage, make sure to prepare a towel, I don't want the filth on me for too long.

carthage
I don't have a towel, but you can use the printout of some pages of your Revan thread I used to wipe my ass with

DarthAnt66
EDIT:

http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png

Stored in the mind, not in the web.

carthage
Mine or Banthas?

DarthAnt66
http://img.pandawhale.com/82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

carthage
If you want us both to die that badly then.....

DarthAnt66
I never said that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I couldn't have my "bane dies" jokes then, you know?

SIDIOUS 66
Ant, shut up.

Why haven't you provided an argument in the Ventress vs Revan thread? Or is it that you accept Ventress's superiority as a saber duelist?

Originally posted by carthage
I don't have a towel, but you can use the printout of some pages of your Revan thread I used to wipe my ass with

thumb up lol

Have you checked out his youtube advertisement?

DarthAnt66
I allow you to speak because you have been spoken too. Very good, you are learning.
The thread is LeGenD vs Lady, why would I waste my time interrupting that goodness?

Yeah - I posted it here. It's pretty awesome.

SIDIOUS 66
I allow you to speak because you have been spoken too. Very good, you are learning.
The thread is LeGenD vs Lady, why would I waste my time interrupting that goodness?

Yeah - I posted it here. It's pretty awesome.

Who? Lady Gaga? Revan is awesome.

Post it here, and maybe it'll convince me to read your thread. I mean, that's why you made the video for, right?

DarthAnt66
Lady Kulax or whatever. A member of SWTOR.

The video was made for YouTube people to checkout, not people like you.

S_W_LeGenD
The Emperor's Wrath comfortably.

S_W_LeGenD
Also, Krell proved that he is more than capable of defeating 1000 soldiers. That's not an argument I would use against someone like Dooku, who has consistently fodderized force users that solo armies all the time.
Really?

What happened against the gang of some pirates?

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/clone-wars/dooku-captured

Dooku's best TK feats consists of casually dominating other powerful telekinetics, such as Ventress, Vos, and Kenobi. His best lightning feats include rendering Bulq unconscious with a single one-handed short blast, frying force sensitive zabraks, nearly overwhelming the saber defenses of both Kenobi and Kiplee at the same time, using a one-handed attack. Saber feats--stomping opponents who have better saber feats than the wrath.
Emperor's Wrath have plenty accomplishments of his own. Check: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/the-emperor-s-wrath-respect-thread/103818/

Also, defeating an opponent (i.e. Lord Draahg) who can ragdoll and disintegrate a Dark Council member:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4496152-3501974219-vqo5w.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4496159-7030469460-vn2pY.gif

>>>>> Any showing of Dooku.

Dooku doesn't even have command of Force abilities like that of Lord Draahg and if Emperor's Wrath can resist such powers, he is going to tank anything Dooku can throw at him.

Also, lightsaber combat is Emperor's Wrath forte. I don't see Dooku outdueling someone as powerful and skilled as Emperor's Wrath, not in a thousand years.

S_W_LeGenD
Sel Makor has no dueling feats, and beating him obviously wont help him in a Lightsabers duel LOL.
Sel Makor is an entity and its raw power and mysterious abilities would be sufficient to overcome most foes. Evidently, Sel Makor broke and possessed many individuals and used them as its pwns to further its agenda. If remain unchecked, Sel Makor would have taken over entire Voss and possibly become a galactic threat. This entity even stalemated the supreme Emperor in its core in a clash of wills.

Victory of Sel Makor demonstrates Emperor's Wrath's incredible raw power and resilience.

Not sure what's so hard for the TORbots to accept Dooku is the better duelist
You cannot establish that Dooku is superior to Emperor's Wrath in dueling ability. Emperor's Wrath is also a master of lightsaber combat and have incredible raw power that is sufficient to overcome an opponent such as Dooku.

S_W_LeGenD
Aside from lifting about 20 huge obelisks simultaneously,
They weren't 20 and they weren't huge.

Ever seen a huge obelisk?

Here:

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/105709075.jpg

An obelisk of this size weights around 100 tons.

pulling down ship-size balconies,
A similar showing from Emperor's Wrath:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4498202-0089251546-vpDXg.gif

demolishing large portions of caves,
So did Jedi Master Orgus Din. However, he was not able to defeat Darth Angral and Bengal Morr in confrontations.

Selenial
Actually, the obelisks Dooku lifted would have equaled about 30-40 tonnes. And there was actually 20 of them.

S_W_LeGenD

Selenial
Lol using one picture is absolutely ridiculous. We don't see the whole courtyard, you have to watch the scene. There are 5 large obelisks, and 5 small on each side.

By your own admission Thats about 30 tonnes.

Selenial
http://i.imgur.com/mRjH5oY.jpg

That's the best view we get, I'll happily take your concession.

|King Joker|
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/cf/9c/4b/cf9c4bf9d40bf19aeefa8359f8379caf.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Selenial
Lol using one picture is absolutely ridiculous. We don't see the whole courtyard, you have to watch the scene. There are 5 large obelisks, and 5 small on each side.

I see 4 large and 4 small obelisks on each side in your image and also in the video. Total is 16.

Total weight of these objects would be around 20 tons, considering size and quantity.

Raptor22
"The average weight of a sandstone boulder is approximately 150 pounds per cubic foot. Limestone boulders and granite boulders in most cases weigh more. They average about 175 pounds per cubic foot." -Delaware quarries inc.

Raptor22

Beniboybling

Nope. He was ordered by Darth Baras to eliminate everyone there - something confirmed by Captian Eligyn. A Jedi Master who was able with the Wrath's help to contend with and defeat Darth Ekkage.

You know:Who was capable of killing a Sith Lord with "a mere flick of my wrist".

We don't know the circumstances surrounding this Jedi's defeat at the hands of Sith Commandos (that's an elite soldier), all we know is that their were "quite a lot of them". Fact is though you have to be considerably strong in the Force to, even with an ally, contend and defeat such an extremely deadly individual.

You need to reassess his abilities, I expect his contribution was considerable. On top of that considering the Wrath enlisted its help, the implication is he couldn't achieve this feat single handedly.

P.S. The Barsenthor would have spread the impact over the entire door equally, so of course we can't expect any one part to be disintegrated, however if she concentrated that energy into a door many many times smaller and thinner, it could well be disintegrated.

Beniboybling
Anyway I agree with the general sentiment, Dooku's skills with the blade were said to be matched only by Yoda and Windu and in fact has beaten Windu in a duel. Both being regarded as among the most skilled lightsaber duelists in Jedi history, and Yoda arguably the greatest Jedi lightsaber duelist the Order had ever seen.

He has only ever been overwhelmed through strength by Yoda (the most powerful Jedi in history at the time and equal to Sidious) and Anakin (the frikken Chosen One who struck with the force of a meteor).

Dooku even managed to contend with Yoda in a lightsaber duel and prior to ROTS has proven himself Anakin's equal several times over. The Wrath has nothing on this individuals.

No way that the Wrath be able to overwhelm Dooku with strength, skill or speed.

In terms of the Force, Dooku was regarded as one of the most powerful Jedi in galactic history, and as a Sith he grew considerably stronger. And he's demonstrated a greater degree of skill and refinement in TK and in general than the Wrath, which is what counts in a duel. Finally he's a master of Dun Moch, and should have little trouble anaylsing the Wrath's brutish style and mental weaknesses so that he can dismantle them.

The duel will be hard pressed, but Dooku will be the victor.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Beniboybling
*snips*
Not at all. Another Lord helped the Wrath defeated Darth Vengean, but he admitted later at the end of the fight the victory would have had not been possible without the Wrath - and it was his victory.
It's like how Theron Shan and the Wookiee can survive in a battle against Revan on Yavin IV. Other opponents are there that are the main bulk, with him being the back up from the corners, you know?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Really?

What happened against the gang of some pirates?

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/clone-wars/dooku-capturedThe guy had no lightsabers, and was outnumbered 20 to 1. Prove the Wrath could beat those odds.Darth Vowrawn, self professed to be weak in the Force, and backed up by the fact that Baras sent a bounty hunter to kill him. Ventress/Savage > Vowrawn.Draahg has nothing on Dooku.LOL, and it isn't Dooku's also? Dooku's skill in lightsaber combat was legendary, and he has contended with legendary duelists, the Wrath has no such accolades.

Beniboybling
Not at all. Another Lord helped the Wrath defeated Darth Vengean, but he admitted later at the end of the fight the victory would have had not been possible without the Wrath - and it was his victory.
It's like how Theron Shan and the Wookiee can survive in a battle against Revan on Yavin IV. Other opponents are there that are the main bulk, with him being the back up from the corners, you know? Not sure what your referring to exactly but:

1. Lord Draagh's comments hardly apply to a completely different situation. Regardless, all that tells us is that Vengean > Draagh, I think we are all aware of that.

2. We are talking about a lightsaber duel, up close and personal, if you can't stand the heat, you die, there are no sidelines.

NTJack0
Tyranus takes this.
-Better lightning than Baras
-Superior TK
-Superior saber technique.

There's not a single area Dooku cannot defeat the Wrath in.

Nephthys
Not sure what your referring to exactly but:

1. Lord Draagh's comments hardly apply to a completely different situation. Regardless, all that tells us is that Vengean > Draagh, I think we are all aware of that.

2. We are talking about a lightsaber duel, up close and personal, if you can't stand the heat, you die, there are no sidelines.

Draagh gets taken out of the fight halfway through as I recall, via the Force.

Also the Wrath had to fight through Vengeans elite, cherry-picked Sith to get to him. While Vengean was prepping for the fight by communing with the darkside.

Lord Stark
I see 4 large and 4 small obelisks on each side in your image and also in the video. Total is 16.

Total weight of these objects would be around 20 tons, considering size and quantity.

Lol you have no idea what the density of the metal used there is. Its clearly not standard metal or Savage (who has easily force pushed Shuttle craft) would have no problem lifting it.

Beniboybling
Draagh gets taken out of the fight halfway through as I recall, via the Force.

Also the Wrath had to fight through Vengeans elite, cherry-picked Sith to get to him. While Vengean was prepping for the fight by communing with the darkside. Yeah but the point is, its irrelevant.

The duel with Vengean has nothing to do with anything.

Nephthys
Not at that state. We've been through this before.

That fight doesn't give me anything on The Wraths skills or power as a warrior, as it's an unquantifiable feat. Unless you can tell me how he'd beat Ventress based on that confrontation alone. Lightning? TK? Saber ability? If you're going to make such a conclusion then you might as well say he's more powerful than Vitiate and Makor, which would only hurt the latter two.

The door feat was impressive, though. It was a very thin door evidently. The jedi who helped, what are his TK feats outside of that scenario?

While in that state he performs a feat that's vastly better than Kenobi and Ventress' capabilities. That the Wrath can defeat a being much more powerful than them indicates that he is capable of withstanding power far greater than them or Dooku and defeating a being more powerful than Dooku, Ventress or Kenobi. At the very least this proves that Dooku will have no luck overpowering him with the Force.

I don't need to say he's better than Vitiate or Makor to prove he's better than Dooku, Ventress or Kenobi. Just that he's better than the being who was able to create monsters seemingly out of thin air. That's enough. Based upon that feat, Sel Makor could certainly overpower Ventress and Kenobi via the Force and likely Dooku as well.

The Wrath has other things that establish his TK, force defenses, physical abilities and lightsaber skill, but that feat certainly establishes the kind of power he's capable of dealing with. Which in turn indicates how powerful he is.

The Jedi has no feats outside of that as far as I know.

There's only 4 small obelisks on each side, so theres 18 I guess.

Originally posted by Raptor22
"The average weight of a sandstone boulder is approximately 150 pounds per cubic foot. Limestone boulders and granite boulders in most cases weigh more. They average about 175 pounds per cubic foot." -Delaware quarries inc.

Metal, particularly space age metal should be denser and heavier than rock. So the Wrath's feat should still be better imo.

ares834
Lol you have no idea what the density of the metal used there is. Its clearly not standard metal or Savage (who has easily force pushed Shuttle craft) would have no problem lifting it.

You're saying characters are inconsistent? Say it ain't so! Plus that shuttle feat was after some training with Dooku, not before. And of course there's a huge difference between pushing something and lifting it.

Just that he's better than the being who was able to create monsters seemingly out of thin air. That's enough. Based upon that feat, Sel Makor could certainly overpower Ventress and Kenobi via the Force and likely Dooku as well.

That's not enough at all TBH.

Metal, particularly space age metal should be denser and heavier than rock. So the Wrath's feat should still be better imo.

Stronger, sure. Denser and heavier? No, not at all. Just look at Titanium.

Lord Stark
You're saying characters are inconsistent? Say it ain't so! Plus that shuttle feat was after some training with Dooku, not before. And of course there's a huge difference between pushing something and lifting it.

Yes that's true, but the gap can't possibly be that much after what? A few weeks of training?

Nephthys
Stronger, sure. Denser and heavier? No, not at all. Just look at Titanium.

Same difference. It would take more force to obliterate that door than it would to lift those obelisks.

Yeah but the point is, its irrelevant.

The duel with Vengean has nothing to do with anything.

Well it kind of establishes that one dude surviving a duel doesn't mean he meaningfully contributed or necessarily takes much away from the feat.

T3 survived Vitiate, the Wraths companions survive his fights etc. Doesn't mean they're all that great.

Beniboybling
TBH I don't rate Dooku's obelisk feat, regardless of how many obelisks were involved or how heavy they were, the fact is Savage managed it too.

However given that, Dooku can probably lift much more.

Selenial
Originally posted by Raptor22
. Note before reading this that all units were rounded down and smaller than I feel they actually are, this is a base estimate for Dooku's feat, not an exaggeration. Not to mention that Sith training areas arent likely to use light materials that aren't dense, the Star Wars universe has soil that's apparently as dense as concrete, so.... Anyway.

Well, savage is 7 foot 1 inch tall. Using him we can predict the heights and widths of the large and small Orbalisks. They are taller than him by a large stretch, roughly 10 feet tall. They are half as wide as he is tall, so roughly 3.5 feet wide.

They also have a small prism on the bottom to take into account, about 4 feet deep.

The volume of That prism is therefore (3.5^2x10)/3, or 40.833 cubic feet. The small prism on the bottom is (3.5^2x4)/3 or 16.333. Add them together and you get a total volume of 57 cubic feet, which equates to 9975 pounds, or 4.5 tonnes.

The smalls are about 5 feet tall, 1 foot wide. So all put together they're about 1.5 tonnes.

So Yeh, total Dooku's feat is about 46-47 tonnes of pure TK.

Selenial
TBH I don't rate Dooku's obelisk feat, regardless of how many obelisks were involved or how heavy they were, the fact is Savage managed it too.

However given that, Dooku can probably lift much more.

Savage lifted two with massive difficulty.

Dooku lifted 10 with ease. And some small ones for good measure.

Beniboybling
Savage lifted two with massive difficulty.

Dooku lifted 10 with ease. And some small ones for good measure. Ah yeah you're right, I misremembered my bad.

That's actually pretty impressive considering how powerful enraged Savage is.

Nephthys
I'm pretty sure I already got some nerds over in the video game section to give an estimate for Dooku's feat (ironically, in a debate against Legend) and it was impressive yeah. Sel seems on point.

Worse than Thor's feat of chucking that metal slab though iirc.

Beniboybling
You're saying characters are inconsistent? Say it ain't so! I love how this could be used to disregard like, everything. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SIDIOUS 66
While in that state he performs a feat that's vastly better than Kenobi and Ventress' capabilities. That the Wrath can defeat a being much more powerful than them indicates that he is capable of withstanding power far greater than them or Dooku and defeating a being more powerful than Dooku, Ventress or Kenobi. At the very least this proves that Dooku will have no luck overpowering him with the Force.

I don't need to say he's better than Vitiate or Makor to prove he's better than Dooku, Ventress or Kenobi. Just that he's better than the being who was able to create monsters seemingly out of thin air. That's enough. Based upon that feat, Sel Makor could certainly overpower Ventress and Kenobi via the Force and likely Dooku as well.

The Wrath has other things that establish his TK, force defenses, physical abilities and lightsaber skill, but that feat certainly establishes the kind of power he's capable of dealing with. Which in turn indicates how powerful he is.

The Jedi has no feats outside of that as far as I know.

There's only 4 small obelisks on each side, so theres 18 I guess.

A weakened Makor can defeat Dooku because he can create monsters? The fact that he was defeated by a regular force user is complete proof that at that state, he's vulnerable to Dooku level force user, considering The Wrath's feats outside of that situation are inferior to Dooku's. Sorry but you can't use an unquantifiable feat to rank a force user where you want. You might as well say he'd beat Sidious and Yoda too (please don't tell me you think he could?). If, however, you do not believe he's capable of defeating Sidious/Yoda, then explain your reasoning why he would be unable to. You're basing your assertion on something The Wrath has done that Ventress hasn't. The same reasoning behind your argument would apply to Yoda/Sidious as well. Sorry but defeating a weakened Makor, who can create monsters, doesn't establish The Wrath's skills and power as a combatant. Not to mention, IIRC, Sidious had a hand who was capable of creating for like monsters called force wraiths or something. Besides, The Wrath only killed the body that was possessed.

The door feat is vastly impressive, but if you're unable to establish how powerful the jedi is in terms of TK, then we don't know how much help he provided. The door was also very thin. I mean, they were talking to each other as if they were in the same room, and the door also required a force field to keep the jedi in. The feat isn't all that more impressive than Savage busting out of a jail cell which was resistant to blaster bolts and lightsabers, and didn't require force fields to keep prisoners, yet Savage, all on his own, reduced the material into perhaps millions of pieces.

Also, I'm not sure the force required to bust through a blast door would be more than to push a star ship a pretty long distance, let alone Dooku's feat of lifting all those obelisks at once. Direct application requires more concentration than force pushes, and Dooku not only directly gripped those stones, but lifted them against the force a gravity. Depending on how durable those doors are, the force required to push a starship should be enough to break open those doors, as well as the force required to lift those stones.

ares834
I love how this could be used to disregard like, everything. roll eyes (sarcastic)

roll eyes (sarcastic)

What I was saying is obvious. Just because Savage was unable to lift them does not mean they were some super dense metal. Hell, it looks like they are stone rather than metal anyway.

Of course Legends math was wrong. 2 tons is probably the minimum not maximum weight of the large pillars, but my point remains.

Beniboybling
roll eyes (sarcastic)

What I was saying is obvious. Just because Savage was unable to lift them does not mean they were some super dense metal. Hell, it looks like they are stone rather than metal anyway.

Of course Legends math was wrong. 2 tons is probably the minimum not maximum weight of the large pillars, but my point remains. You appear to be saying that we can cherry pick what we want irregardless of whether they are from the same source...

Savage has pretty impressive TK feats, he can generate Force waves that can blow away dozens of enemies, he's pushed a shuttle of a cliff and he's TK'ed powerful Force Users.

Lifting a pair of medium sized rocks should not be beyond him. I think that implies they are made of an extra dense stone, which would make sense for a Sith training arena designed to be challenging.

Still I don't know about any of these calculations TBH, the Muunturr stones are supposed to way 1 to 5 tonnes each, Yoda can only lift five.

That's like, 25 tonnes max...

Stigma
So Yeh, total Dooku's feat is about 46-47 tonnes of pure TK.
Damn... thumb up

Dooku wins, btw.

Nephthys
He performed those feats after he turned on Dooku, at which point he's clearly much more powerful than he was in that training session. He could also be struggling from the strain of moving so many heavy objects simultaneously, instead of just lashing out like he usually does.

Originally posted by Stigma
Damn... thumb up

Dooku wins, btw.

You know, that's not actually that heavy.

DarthAnt66
I love how Dooku fans are in awe over that, but not Revan telekinetically moving even larger and more denser asteroids. erm

SIDIOUS 66
After his training with Maul, I'm pretty sure he would be capable of lifting them. The databank did state he has grown more powerful since then, and even Dooku implied that his power increases at a very quick rate (nightsister magic I'm sure). But even while working for Dooku, he was powerful enough to kill a padawan with a force push (though it could have been a physical attack, as it only showed the padawan fly), blast through the metal door to King Katuunko's palace, and force push a star ship a pretty far distance. Yet he was still Dooku's inferior by quite a lot, until he went rage mode. The databank states that's when he "found" his power, implying that that's the moment he learned to harness and focus his power much better. Still, though, he was rage amped and straining to keep Dooku and Ventress in his grip, so it's not something he's capable of at any time, and Dooku still has better feats than him, even after his growth in power.

NewGuy01
"More denser"? erm

Also, prove they were more dense. Not seeing it, personally, considering someone who could push a shuttle couldn't lift them.

Stigma
more denser
LOL so much fail.

ares834
You appear to be saying that we can cherry pick what we want irregardless of whether they are from the same source...

Nope. Plus I gave other reasons for why he was unable to perform the feat. Funny that you ignore those.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
"More denser"? erm

Also, prove they were more dense. Not seeing it, personally, considering someone who could push a shuttle couldn't lift them.

thumb up

DarthAnt66
roll eyes (sarcastic) God forbid a typo!

A minivan sized meteor weighs 75 tons according to NASA - 68 metric tons.
(Of course it varies depending on the type of rock though, but a good estimate).
So, Revan pulling down one of the 30 he pulled down is already better than Dooku.

Failure of logic. Savage drastically improved since then. Even, as S66 said above, the databanks say this.

ares834
Not necessarily. Dooku lifted the obelisks against gravity. By contrast, the asteroids were floating in what appeared to be some massless field.

DarthAnt66
Sure, but you need to also remember Dooku lifted them only a couple feat - while Revan brought them all the way done.
Plus, if you look at the cutscenes, no asteroids are that small. Revan might have also had to of broke them into pieces up too.

Selenial
Ant, the Asteroids were falling already. And accelerating a descent is completely different to lifting them.

Jesus, do your school teach you nothing?

@Beni : As for the Muuntur stones, the issue always seemed to be the number, the imbalance, more than the weight. Dooku's feat shows mastery more than raw power as well. Yoda has TK feats that blow that out the water, but never with so many individual things. *shrug* TCW could of course just have retconned them.

SIDIOUS 66
Yoda's stopped an avalanche of free falling huge boulders in midair, then threw them to the side in the first episode of TCW. And in Yoda: DR, he prevented several vehicles and small transports from being sucked into the vacuum of space, or something like that. I'd have to check the passage again. I might be wrong.

Selenial
Yoda's stopped an avalanche of free falling huge boulders in midair, then threw them to the side. And in Yoda: DR, he prevented several vehicles and small transports from being sucked into the vacuum of space, or something like that. I'd have to check the passage again.

Plus there's the whole army of droidekas thing. I guess the stones have just been retconned.

Nephthys
It was probably just that he did it while meditating, so he wasn't really concentrating.

DarthAnt66
Ant, the Asteroids were falling already. And accelerating a descent is completely different to lifting them.
Some were floating upwards, others were floating downwards - lol.

ChaosTheory123

Jesus, do your school teach you nothing?

Its like kinetic energy is a foreign concept to most of you ****ers :hmm

You don't need to pick apart shit like the OBD does to determine the speed Revan sent those rocks flying was magnitudes faster than they were moving in the Foundry naturally.

The visual is pretty ****ing easy to determine that with :lmao

Him sending them down on the Strike Team's head was laughably superior in raw energy from the fact he reduced them to dust on impact, let alone the speed they were moving as he tossed them.

Like, I don't pretend to be an expert on Physics. I'm self taught. I largely know only up to Freshman year of college level shit.

Makes it all the more baffling I'm the one that ends up noting and explaining shit

Not necessarily. Dooku lifted the obelisks against gravity. By contrast, the asteroids were floating in what appeared to be some massless field.

So

Kinetic Energy

No one, really?

SIDIOUS 66
Plus there's the whole army of droidekas thing. I guess the stones have just been retconned.

Yeah, there's that. Not sure how heavy droidekas are though, but Yoda has feats and statements that contradict his inability to lift all those stones. If that is the basic way to measure a jedis' potency and mastery of the force, Yoda being unable to lift them while some other jedi managed to would contradict sources which say Yoda is the most masterful and powerful jedi of his era. Then again, mastery could refer to number of force techniques and such.

Also, I got the DR feat wrong. Yoda only held himself stationery while the vacuum of space was pulling out small crafts and droids. But TCW feat is a good indication of Yoda being able to grip many heavy objects at once.

ares834
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123

So

Kinetic Energy

No one, really?

So

Force of Gravity

Once Revan rips the asteroids out of whatever fields they were in gravity takes effect. Now I'm not going to bother with pixel scaling or any of that shit to see if Revan was accelerating the asteroids or not for a variety of reasons. Suffice to say, I never claimed that Dooku's feat was superior.

Beniboybling
Can someone remind me what Revan has to do with the topic?

McP
Dooku, quite comfortably

ChaosTheory123
So

Force of Gravity

Is a weak force :maybe

Lifting something as slow as Dooku was, with that small of a mass?

Not as impressive as increasing the speed of those asteroids 10-20 times what they were originally moving nigh instantly on top of nigh pulzerizing their mass on impact.

The difference would be a hand grenade compared to an FOAB.

Let me help you out by saying... gravity as a helper is negligible.

At the speed they ended up moving, the kind of energy Revan was contributing to the feat was well over 99% compared to the Foundry's artificial gravity.

Doesn't take pixel scaling to **** around with KE = 0.5mv^2 and equations of a falling body with some rough estimates a la eye ball to tell you I'm right :maybe

Weren't you responding to Ant's line of?

If not, fair enough :maybe

Can someone remind me what Revan has to do with the topic?

Nothing

I just like semantically helping people out understanding feats because I'm bored

You know, like I did talking through Selenial/Fangyman on TOR :maybe

Beniboybling
Well I suppose your contribution is appreciated :maybe

ChaosTheory123
Well I suppose your contribution is appreciated :maybe

Any time :maybe

And now back to lurking

ares834
Doesn't take pixel scaling to **** around with KE = 0.5mv^2 and equations of a falling body with some rough estimates a la eye ball to tell you I'm right :maybe

I've go no clue how fast they are moving. Nor how long they accelerated.

Weren't you responding to Ant's line of?

If not, fair enough :maybe

Sure I was. And I never said it was worse feat did I. thumb up

ChaosTheory123
I've go no clue how fast they are moving. Nor how long they accelerated.

You don't strike me as stupid, so I'm not sure why you're playing ignorant as to just being able to eye ball the feat if you're so against the meticulous measurements I'm more accustomed to :hmm

Asteroids around you are moving about as fast as your characters are walking

Revan punches them to a speed where they cover their length in about 0.1-0.2 seconds

Unless you've never bothered to watch the feat, in which case this is perfectly fair

The point is though? Gravity plays no large part in the feat. Even having them move 2 times as fast as they were previously means Revan's contributing 3/4ths the KE anyway.

Suppose this is fair :maybe

S_W_LeGenD

Nephthys
Legend is correct that "a Darth is an embodiment of death." I'm unsure how that applies to Vowrawn though, I have to assume he was at least somewhat potent to get to his position and survive for as long as he has.

Legend is also correct that Draagh's technique is undoubtably very advanced and powerful and speaks highly of his abilities. As does his endurance.

FreshestSlice
That tidal wave though.

DarthAnt66
Its like kinetic energy is a foreign concept to most of you ****ers :hmm

You don't need to pick apart shit like the OBD does to determine the speed Revan sent those rocks flying was magnitudes faster than they were moving in the Foundry naturally.

The visual is pretty ****ing easy to determine that with :lmao

Him sending them down on the Strike Team's head was laughably superior in raw energy from the fact he reduced them to dust on impact, let alone the speed they were moving as he tossed them.

Like, I don't pretend to be an expert on Physics. I'm self taught. I largely know only up to Freshman year of college level shit.

Makes it all the more baffling I'm the one that ends up noting and explaining shit

No one, really?
Is a weak force :maybe

Lifting something as slow as Dooku was, with that small of a mass?

Not as impressive as increasing the speed of those asteroids 10-20 times what they were originally moving nigh instantly on top of nigh pulzerizing their mass on impact.

The difference would be a hand grenade compared to an FOAB.

Let me help you out by saying... gravity as a helper is negligible.

At the speed they ended up moving, the kind of energy Revan was contributing to the feat was well over 99% compared to the Foundry's artificial gravity.

Bookmarked. thumb up Awesome stuff!

DarthAnt66
sad

NewGuy01
Uh, that Death Field power was stated to have been linked to Draagh's cybernetics; it's not a Force power.

DarthAnt66
EDIT: I think Traya was referring to her death field, not Vowrawn's.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Uh, that Death Field power was stated to have been linked to Draagh's cybernetics; it's not a Force power.

That must be some powerful cybernetics then.

DarthAnt66
Just rewatched the video. I think Traya meant that like, the cybernetics are amplifying his Force powers greatly.

Nephthys
She says the death field is powered by his cybernetics.

Like, maybe he used the technique himself and the cybernetics sustained it but its unarguable they're tied directly to the field itself.

DarthAnt66
Well yeah, like, his cybernetics were able to sustain the Death Field (a Force power) he put up.

That doesn't change the impressiveness of the Wrath's feat at all though. Not sure why the discussion.

Selenial
If Ant calls her Traya one more ****ing time.

DarthAnt66
Name me another "centuries-dead Sith" who was gifted in "precognition and "farseeing" that "all but eradicated the Jedi Order." erm

Nephthys
Darth Bandon.

DarthAnt66
Conceded.

DarthAnt66
"She is as old as the Force. She is the dark side itself."

In all seriousness though, why do people hate on the Entity so much when she get's hype on that caliber? ^

NewGuy01
The Entity was female, concession denied.

Selenial
Name me another "centuries-dead Sith" who was gifted in "precognition and "farseeing" that "all but eradicated the Jedi Order." erm

Revan.

Entity Revan confirmed.

Selenial
"She is as old as the Force. She is the dark side itself."

In all seriousness though, why do people hate on the Entity so much when she get's hype on that caliber? ^

Because it ruined her character.

That quote pretty much proves it ain't Traya though, centuries dead could mean millennia tbh.

Nephthys
Maybe when the Exile died she split into light and dark side ghosts and then one of them- no wait thats idiotic. Nevermind.

DarthAnt66
@Selenial: Except we know her Jedi purge was the first, and as Sasukedc said, it was a "she."
@Nephthys: LOL. Wait a minute...

NewGuy01
Girl, we all know old Traya's wrinkly ass face was there during the Force's inception, and we all know she died centuries before SWTOR. It fits.

Selenial
@Selenial: Except we know her Jedi purge was the first, and as Sasukedc said, it was a "she."
@Nephthys: LOL. Wait a minute...

How do we know Traya's was the first Jedi Purge? That's pretty cool.

Either way, sorry I still won't believe it until it's confirmed. They ruined Traya almost as badly as they ruined revan, and unlike you Im not willing to accept the death of my favorite character just so I can wank her power more.

ares834
Well it was called the first Jedi purge.

Beniboybling
My point is that Dooku cannot handle an army on his own as OP intended to assert.

As for Emperor's Wrath; he cut a swath through large number of opponents several times, though he was armed in these confrontations.Your point is invalidated by the fact that a comparison cannot be made between taking on 20 odd pirates without a lightsaber a gun point and taking on scores of soldiers armed with a lightsaber and never 20 all at once.

Understand that being armed makes a considerable difference as it vastly increases your ability to deflect incoming fire. In the hands of any notably skilled user it makes you practically invulnerable to 10+ shooters.Darth Vowrawn is 80 years old, and that codex entry demonstrates that he retained his position on the Dark Council purely through cunning, not physical strength. I'm not about to make assumptions about how he attained the position in the first place, but it is quite obvious that Vowrawn possesses little strength in the Force, and more likely than not that his powers have waned with age.

This is not uncommon for members of the Council. Recall Darth Xedrixmessedo you cannot pretend that any accolades pertaining to a DC members power are at all absolute.

For the record, compelling proof that Vowrawn is an inferior Force User to Ventress & Savage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNEAvZFQ6Xw&t=5m13sNot only does Vowrawn accept their is no possibility he could defeat the Wrath, but appears to believe the assassin fully capable of killing him as well. These are not the capabilities of an "embodiment of death" I'm afraid. And I can assure you both Ventress and Savage would have decimated that assassin in a heart beat, and would have at least tried to challenge the Wrath.

His status as a DC member does not change this, as explained, and is an invalid form of proof. I accept your concession.First it says nothing about in history, I refuse to accept your baseless assumptions as valid.

Moving on, Dooku was privy to a thousand years of accumulated dark side knowledge and studied at the feet of Darth Sidious himself, the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history with vast knowledge of the Force. Dooku was also regarded as the most learned student in the Jedi Order, and acquired a personal collection of Sith holocrons and artifacts, including the holocron of Darth Anneddu. It is highly unlikely Draagh's knowledge of the Force is equal or superior to Dooku's.

What is important however is the power in the Force they possess, and indeed Dooku has been regarded as:And as a Sith Lord he grew even stronger:You need to educate yourself on these ground realities and realise that Draagh, who has none such accolades, is certainly not more powerful than Count Dooku.So your saying that Draahg is more powerful than Bane? Noted.

Regardless, your mistaken. Draahg isn't using the power applied by Bane here, which was a particulary potent form of Force drain. Draahg is using a form Force destruction, a power that uses field of dark side energy that can potentially disintegrate anything it comes into contact with.

While taxing, it is not the same ability, nor is Draahg's application nearly as potent. And as others have noted, was sustained by Draahg's cybernetic augmentations:Likely some kind of alchemical device. The point is it is evidently beyond his base powers.

So this is not proof Draagh beats Dooku, which leaves you with no ground to stand on. I think the term is baseless fanboyism.

Beniboybling
As did Sion, and yet despite that he was defeated by one who could not (the Jedi Exile) and grossly inferior in "raw power" to another who also lacked this power (Darth Traya), and inferior to many other Sith Lords who likewise lacked this ability. Draahg likewise was surpasses by the likes of Baras and Vengean, and the Wrath, all of whom did not possess this power.

It is quite obvious that invincibilty and raw power to not directly correlate, do not pretend otherwise.On the contrary, you need to accept that not every other "powerful" Force User in the Sith Empire is superior to everyone outside the OR era. Malgus, Baras, Thanaton, Nox, the Wrath and Marr are the heavyweights of the TOR era, not Draagh. Fact is Dooku is one of the most powerful Force Users in galactic history, Draagh is not.

Learn 2 deal.The statement is self contradicting, as if taken literally it would mean every Sith Warrior in the Sith Empire had unrivaled skill. Simply put its hyperbole, and not proof that the Wrath is superior to an individual who ultimately did not exist at the time.

Again, educate yourself on the ground realities of Dooku's lightsaber skills, and come back to me when you have comparable feats and accolades.

Beniboybling
How do we know Traya's was the first Jedi Purge? That's pretty cool.

Either way, sorry I still won't believe it until it's confirmed. They ruined Traya almost as badly as they ruined revan, and unlike you Im not willing to accept the death of my favorite character just so I can wank her power more. thumb up

The Entity isn't worthy of the title Darth Traya. Period.

The worst part is, it probably was BioWare's intentions, and demonstrates how grossly they misunderstood her character.

Selenial
God, talk about a public execution. Well said Beni thumb up

Beniboybling
Just doing my job. smokin'

DarthAnt66
God, talk about a public execution. Well said Beni thumb up
Any rebuttal against ChaosTheory123? smokin'

ares834
Artificial gravity. thumb up The TOR protagonists aren't bouncing around are they? Once Revan pulls them out of the tractor beams or whatever fields are causing the asteroids to float around and get into the gravity field the protags are in. Boom.

DarthAnt66
He covered that in his response.

ares834
Except he didn't. Whatever field the asteroids are "floating" around in is clearly not the same as the one the protags are in which seems to be your typical 1 G. Once the asteroids are out of the tractor beams and into the artificial gravity field they will accelerate downwards.

DarthAnt66
Sure, but meteoroids generally travel from 11 km/sec to 72 km/sec down towards Earth. And then, assuming it makes its way down to the ground, would be travelling around 2.4km/s. Yet this impact is capable of doing some crazy shit. According to Chaos' calc, the one's Revan was throwing were traveling from 25km/sec to 7,800km/sec (with a 5,000km/sec medium) - enough to utterly turn them into dust. If it is the typical 1 G like you claim, the amount of force Revan is putting on these things is insane. Like, the fastest meteor ever recorded was travelling at 28km/s. Revan utterly surpassed that shit so hard it's kind of embarrassing.

ares834
First, I've never bought calcs like that. Secondly, it relies on the speed of the blaster bolt rather than real time. no

Edit: I was wrong. In the one you were using he was relying on the speed of turbolasers in a space battle going on in the sky...

DarthAnt66
Even ignoring the calc, how hard to meteors need to hit the ground to turn to dust? erm

DarthAnt66
EDIT: Even the fastest meteor on record has recovered fragments. wink

ares834
A Padawan Thor is turning metal engines and boulders and other junk like that "to dust" as well. The game has bad graphics and a fairly weak engine, it's not capable of animating such things and keeping them around. In other words, it's game mechanics just like disappearing dead enemies.

DarthAnt66
Well, it's all we have to base off of. We can't simply ignore. And link me to examples of Barsen'thor turning things to dust even half the size of one of the meteors, lol.

The fastest one on record was traveling at 28.6 km/s and was around 8-13 feet in size. The asteroid entered the atmosphere with a kinetic energy of about 4 kilotons (compare to the Hiroshima bomb's 12.5 kilotons). This lone meteor should be around the same size as one of the thirty Revan brought down, yet a shit ton of small fragments were recovered all around Alaska.

Let's be generous and say there were still some rocks around the place, and we got Revan outclassing atomic bombs in kinetic energy. wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>