Silver Surfer Vs DCnu Top Five

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
This one'll take a bit, since no one will agree on the first part.

1. List your top five most powerful heroes, Superman (high herald) level and below, in the DCnu.

2. Decide if Silver Surfer, permanently shunted to the DCnu, breaks into that top five.

3. If yes, decide who gets bumped from the list. Add a why if you want.

Rezactic
I think he can break into the top 5 Heralds, Surfer has always been one of the most versatile herald characters and doesn't always have to overpower opponents to win, then again in terms of raw power he certainly is no slouch either.

zom1967
Surfer can beat supes 6.5 out of 10,w.w and green lantern 8.5 out of 10.he`s the new Superman of the D.C universe,and he is know superman ripoff like Gladiator or hyp!

riv6672
So, SS'd bump Superman off your list.

zom1967
Supes is right behind him,I have all the respect in the world for him.He is the first and best superhero.I just think Norrin is slightly better I.M.O

Supermex
Silver Surfer would jump up to # 1 in DC

Guy has every superpower in the book it seems.

Insane Titan
Surfer still wouldn't replace Superman as DC's number 1

Magic Joe
1 Surfer

2 Superman

Who cares about the rest

carver9
Surfer is more powerful than the Heralds in DCNU but he would not take the spotlight from Superman or Wonder Woman. A great example of this is Captain Atom. All that power and we rarely if ever saw/seen him.

Khazra Reborn
I miss Captain Atom.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zom1967
Surfer can beat supes 6.5 out of 10,w.w and green lantern 8.5 out of 10.he`s the new Superman of the D.C universe,and he is know superman ripoff like Gladiator or hyp!

No

abhilegend
Superman will beat the shit out of him.

Supermex
Sure if the writers in DC want to make Surfer seem weaker they would/could.

But from what SS is right now, SS is the top dog on any real list followed by Superman and Thor..

iceman24567
Pfft Surfer would get dogged in a straight up fight against Superman.

Supermex
Originally posted by iceman24567

lol GTFO!

iceman24567
Originally posted by Supermex
lol GTFO! Nope you started it even though this isnt even a battle thread. Superman is simply more powerful deal with it.

Stoic

It would depend on how he fought. He could leach power from Superman the moment that the fight begins.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Stoic
It would depend on how he fought. He could leach power from Superman the moment that the fight begin. Of course it depends on how he fights but leaching solar energy and other weakness exploitation only counts for a couple wins in my book.

Supermex
Nope you started it even though this isnt even a battle thread. Superman is simply more powerful deal with it.

Start what!??

Ask to rank them.. I did.

Why I ranked him over Supes.

JayDaDon
Surfer would have to fight to accommodate Supes for him to win.

Supermex
Of course it depends on how he fights but leaching solar energy and other weakness exploitation only counts for a couple wins in my book.

SS has many options to defeat Supes..
Can you deal with that?

Dont get mad at me bro.. I didn't create SS and give him all them stupid powers.. ****ing guy is over powered if you ask me. I used to think Superman was overpowered, but marvel broke the bank on SS with all the crazy powers they give the guy..

iceman24567
Start what!??

Ask to rank them.. I did.

Why I ranked him over Supes. You were the one that quoted my post then exclaimed "GTFO". Dont play the fool.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672

1. List your top five most powerful heroes, Superman (high herald) level and below, in the DCnu.

2. Decide if Silver Surfer, permanently shunted to the DCnu, breaks into that top five.

1. In no order: Superman
GL
WW
Flash
Cap Atom

2. Yes.

3. Cap Atom.

iceman24567
Can you deal with that?

Dont get mad at me bro.. I didn't create SS and give him all them stupid powers.. ****ing guy is over powered if you ask me. I used to think Superman was overpowered, but marvel broke the bank on SS with all the crazy powers they give the guy.. He has many options that play to Supermans weaknesses and a clear versatility edge none of that equates to an auto win. Superman is stronger and overall more durable if this were restricted to just blasting you would have a point but i doubt Superman would do anything but brawl and smash Surfers head in.

Branlor Swift
Surfer has been even more retardedly powerful than normal. More durable too.

Around Fraction era he's basically just as durable as he should be with some hiccups here and there. His lowest feat is getting KO'ed by a cheapshot from a universal diety killing Warlock (though it let him). I wouldn't be surprised if he just whipped his dick out and started penetrating Mephisto at this point in time.

srug

iceman24567
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Around Fraction era he's basically just as durable as he should be with some hiccups here and there. His lowest feat is getting KO'ed by a cheapshot from a universal diety killing Warlock (though it let him). I wouldn't be surprised if he just whipped his dick out and started penetrating Mephisto at this point in time.

srug Dont make Abhi pull out his Superman raping imps feat erm

Stoic
Can you deal with that?

Dont get mad at me bro.. I didn't create SS and give him all them stupid powers.. ****ing guy is over powered if you ask me. I used to think Superman was overpowered, but marvel broke the bank on SS with all the crazy powers they give the guy..

Yes they did. Superman wouldn't even be able to hit him if he didn't want to be hit.

iceman24567
Yes they did. Superman wouldn't even be able to hit him if he didn't want to be hit. I would think it would be the other way around if anything

Branlor Swift
Dont make Abhi pull out his Superman raping imps feat erm Well that defeats my point. I guess Surfer isn't being written very high because Superman fought a 5d imp a couple years ago.

iceman24567
Well that defeats my point. I guess Surfer isn't being written very high because Superman fought a 5d imp a couple years ago. I was just stating the obvious sequence of events that will surely unfold be in now or 8 pages from now.

Stoic
I would think it would be the other way around if anything

Surfer can become intangible at will though.

Supermex
You were the one that quoted my post then exclaimed "GTFO". Dont play the fool.

Fool!! You need to check yourself before running ur mouth
Your that one that said superman would dog SS in a fight. Then you say its not a thread battle lol gtfo your all over the fuc;!!king place.

I'm done with you fool

JayDaDon
And even if he doesn't, c'mon, he's obviously durable enough to take prolonged damage from Supes. There's no way he could end it quickly and that just plays into Surfer's hands and lets him explore strategies.

Supermex
You were the one that quoted my post then exclaimed "GTFO". Dont play the fool.

Fool!! You need to check yourself before running ur mouth!!

Your the one that said superman would dog SS in a fight. Then you say its not a thread battle!! lol gtfo your all over the fuc;!!king place with this.

I'm done with you fool!

Supermex
Fool!! You need to check yourself before running ur mouth fool!! lol

iceman24567
Fool!! You need to check yourself before running ur mouth!!

Your the one that said superman would dog SS in a fight. Then you say its not a thread battle!! lol gtfo your all over the fuc;!!king place with this.

I'm done with you fool! You said Surfer would need to be weakened by DC writers for Superman to beat him i said he would beat him without such nonsense. Which you exclaimed "gtfo" you cant even remember the bs you wrote clown?

Supermex
Fool!! lol

iceman24567
Originally posted by JayDaDon
And even if he doesn't, c'mon, he's obviously durable enough to take prolonged damage from Supes. There's no way he could end it quickly and that just plays into Surfer's hands and lets him explore strategies. Surfers go to is brawling the same as Superman and a prolonged brawl would be in Supermans favor.

Rezactic
Cap Atom from Future's End would beat Surfer but I hardly consider him herald level, more like Trans tier

iceman24567
Surfer can become intangible at will though. Yes but hes not Martian Manhunter hes not going to use it straight out the gate.

Supermex
You said Surfer would need to be weakened by DC writers for Superman to beat him i said he would beat him without such nonsense. Which you exclaimed "gtfo" you cant even remember the bs you wrote clown?

Puto where talking about fake characters here
. no need to take it to another level

Iv never even seen Superman in real life.

Insane Titan
I see this is the CBR version of Surfer KMC likes to use.

iceman24567
Puto where talking about fake characters here
. no need to take it to another level

Iv never even seen Superman in real life. Shut up clown i am completely fine with the level the current topic is at. I see Superman everyday i look at my penor.

Golgo13
Constantine wins.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Insane Titan
I see this is the CBR version of Surfer KMC likes to use. thumb up Its amusing for all of 3 seconds before it takes away from actual debates.

zom1967
Oh come on,like I said supes is the 1st and greatest hero of all time.But surfers power set is better than his,remember when myxy shrunk metropolis?who made it so it was reset to normal?Norrin did and Superman was damn impressed!with the Surfer`s power set he can do almost anything.

iceman24567
Oh come on,like I said supes is the 1st and greatest hero of all time.But surfers power set is better than his,remember when myxy shrunk metropolis?who made it so it was reset to normal?Norrin did and Superman was damn impressed!with the Surfer`s power set he can do almost anything. The problem is we dont base things strictly off of powerset. Surfer can have a superior powerset and still not be as powerful as Superman.

Supermex
Shut up clown i am completely fine with the level the current topic is at. I see Superman everyday i look at my penor.

lmao!!

Insane Titan
Oh come on,like I said supes is the 1st and greatest hero of all time.But surfers power set is better than his,remember when myxy shrunk metropolis?who made it so it was reset to normal?Norrin did and Superman was damn impressed!with the Surfer`s power set he can do almost anything. it doesn't go just by power set , it goes by feats and how comics ACTUALLY work.

JayDaDon
Surfers go to is brawling the same as Superman and a prolonged brawl would be in Supermans favor.

Thats not all surfer does. Hes used a variety of different attack methods depending on the opponent and if something doesnt work hes likely to try something else that will. And all those other times he does are what gives him the majority imo.

iceman24567
Thats not all surfer does. Hes used a variety of different attack methods depending on the opponent and if something doesnt work hes likely to try something else that will. And all those other times he does are what gives him the majority imo. Fine we can agree to disagree .

Decimus
Superman should win the slight to definitive majority against Surfer because weakness exploitation has been virtually nullified. Over the years Superman's weakness exploitation has mostly been a creation of writers forced into a corner as well as envious battle board users that are entrenched in their character's perspective only. What I mean is kryptonite from different universes doesn't work, red light has been overcome, and magic is always a problem(not in this battle though) but also overcome when self restrain is turned off. The speed difference between superman and surfer at the very least in combat acceleration is the true deciding factor in superman's favor plus the power difference is substantially in superman's favor as well. Intangibility is also within superman's powerset. Surfer definitely is more versatile and has some esoteric abilities but these abilities are not enough to bridge the gap for the majority of wins considering superman's acceleration (possibly more than two orders of magnitude greater) and power from his limbs. Anyway Surfer is still amazing and his new arc by Dan Slott is absolutely amazing and think surfer will have some more amazing cartoony rendered feats coming every issue to boost his showings so there you go... wink cheers

carver9
A battle between Surfer and Superman is debatable but people tend to under rate Surfer strength. He can hang with Supes. As for durability, lol, Superman isn't more durable than Surfer.

Prof. T.C McAbe

1. Superman >= Martian Manhunter >= Captain Atom >= Wonder Woman >= Hal Jordan

2+3. SS would replace CA, CA is a C-Lister, popularity wise, and their powersets are similar enough.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
1. In no order: Superman
GL
WW
Flash
Cap Atom

2. Yes.

3. Cap Atom.
Thanks.
I was hoping to get a lot more like this, see everyone's top 5 and who they'd sacrife if SS ranked high up.

"Id"
Surfer would take the Spot Light of a GL, as the go to person involving deep space adventure's, but not the Stature of the go to person in anything involving DC.

In terms of ability he would be top 5.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by "Id"
Surfer would take the Spot Light of a GL, as the go to person involving deep space adventure's, but not the Stature of the go to person in anything involving DC.

In terms of ability he would be top 5. Surfer is never really the go to guy. The only time he's really that is when it directly relates to him or he gets called in to come out of nowhere, make one appearance and deal with some super strong ass hole and then he's gone.

If Surfer were to transport to DC with all personality intact, all he'd do is wander around space. If he came in contact with Earth he'd make an odd random appearance to beat up some heavy metal dick.

If we're fitting him into DC personality wise as well as power and wondering how his role would fit in to that universe.

Whether he is or isn't more powerful than Superman is irrelevant, because he wouldn't be there to defend Earth. I think he's more powerful personally, but he still wouldn't be the guy. He wouldn't even be a guy 99 percent of the time. The only real comparison to what he does would be a non Earth GL or something along those lines. Except he'd probably abduct some Earth girl.

With that said, it'd be hilarious to see him meet MM and MM go into a rage fit and get blasted to shit.

Supermex
Surfer is never really the go to guy. The only time he's really that is when it directly relates to him or he gets called in to come out of nowhere, make one appearance and deal with some super strong ass hole and then he's gone.

If Surfer were to transport to DC with all personality intact, all he'd do is wander around space. If he came in contact with Earth he'd make an odd random appearance to beat up some heavy metal dick.

If we're fitting him into DC personality wise as well as power and wondering how his role would fit in to that universe.

Whether he is or isn't more powerful than Superman is irrelevant, because he wouldn't be there to defend Earth. I think he's more powerful personally, but he still wouldn't be the guy. He wouldn't even be a guy 99 percent of the time. The only real comparison to what he does would be a non Earth GL or something along those lines. Except he'd probably abduct some Earth girl.

With that said, it'd be hilarious to see him meet MM and MM go into a rage fit and get blasted to shit.

Well said and perfectly put.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Golgo13
Constantine wins.

iceman24567
Dat Constantine finally was awesome

abhilegend

srug
He got overpowered in his own book by a character using a planet's gravity as strength. He has some cool feats in the new book but he isn't more powerful than he was previously. Add to the fact that Superman can beat people even more durable than himself aka Wraith or stun them with a couple of punches aka H'el, I don't see him lasting too much in a fight.

abhilegend
Thats not all surfer does. Hes used a variety of different attack methods depending on the opponent and if something doesnt work hes likely to try something else that will. And all those other times he does are what gives him the majority imo.
Yeah, because when surfer gets overpowered, he automatically resorts to weakness exploitation. Right.

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20319999_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-012.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320000_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-013.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320001_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-014.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320002_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-015.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320004_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-017.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320005_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-018.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
He got overpowered in his own book by a character using a planet's gravity as strength. He has some cool feats in the new book but he isn't more powerful than he was previously. Add to the fact that Superman can beat people even more durable than himself aka Wraith or stun them with a couple of punches aka H'el, I don't see him lasting too much in a fight.

Superman hasn't been beaten in his own book?

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/imce/2014/11-NOV/SM_36_24_blog_547636a19834d7.40140646.jpg

riv6672
Not any more from what gets put out in these forums. stick out tongue

abhilegend
Who said that superman hasn't been beaten? Ulysses however messes up Superman's powers automatically just by his presence, so not really that important.

riv6672
Actually you made that point to me months ago.
I remember because i told you his must be some really boring comics now.

carver9
Not the only time Supes lost in his books either. When was it said that Ulysses messes up his powers? Are you talking about the time he was draining his heat vision? Not proof. Doesn't matter tbh. Point is, every character will have a challenge in their story, it's the way it is. Overall, that wasn't a low showing for Surfer.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Not the only time Supes lost in his books either. When was it said that Ulysses messes up his powers? Are you talking about the time he was draining his heat vision? Not proof. Doesn't matter tbh. Point is, every character will have a challenge in their story, it's the way it is. Overall, that wasn't a low showing for Surfer.
You are simply pathetic at this point.

Http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-W8CWNCtIDXw/U_3nlm7nw5I/AAAAAAAEn0Y/BpP0VEuV2bE/s1600/-012%2Bcopy.jpg

Why isn't it usable?

carver9
You are simply pathetic at this point.

Http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-W8CWNCtIDXw/U_3nlm7nw5I/AAAAAAAEn0Y/BpP0VEuV2bE/s1600/-012%2Bcopy.jpg

Why isn't it usable?

no expression

I just brought this up...His heat vision and that's the only thing that was said about Ulysses and Superman powers. You know that isn't Superman's only ability, right?

abhilegend
That's the main reason Ulysses beat him because he straight up went to absorb his energies and as he is automatically tuned to his energy, it was easy for him to absorb it.

Without energy absorption he was beaten in one page by Superman.

Branlor Swift
He got overpowered in his own book by a character using a planet's gravity as strength. He has some cool feats in the new book but he isn't more powerful than he was previously. Add to the fact that Superman can beat people even more durable than himself aka Wraith or stun them with a couple of punches aka H'el, I don't see him lasting too much in a fight. You realize that a planet's gravity holds moons in orbit don't you? If all that gravity is focused on the neck, then that's a lot of pressure to say the least.
You realize why they call that a rape choke don't you? Because it's really easy to hold and control someone when you're doing it. Then you put your penis in. If you're a face to face kind of rapist anyway.

Either way, not really a low feat. Especially when Surfer didn't even get hurt in the slightest in the fight. Also funny how his readings say Surfer is radiating near infinite power and has the energy of a star inside him.

So now Surfer can't even last long in a fight with Superman? Should I touch this or chaulk it up to bias? Can't even give Surfer any props without someone trying to tear that down due to threatening Superman.

Yeah, because when surfer gets overpowered, he automatically resorts to weakness exploitation. Right.

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20319999_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-012.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320000_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-013.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320001_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-014.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320002_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-015.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320004_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-017.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320005_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-018.jpg That is literally exactly what he did there...

Naija boy
He'd be number 1

abhilegend
You realize that a planet's gravity holds moons in orbit don't you? If all that gravity is focused on the neck, then that's a lot of pressure to say the least.
You realize why they call that a rape choke don't you? Because it's really easy to hold and control someone when you're doing it. Then you put your penis in. If you're a face to face kind of rapist anyway. OK, and what does it tells you? Superman can throw a ship larger than Earth along with J'onn and can literally bench press the entire earth's weight. Even if we ignore the space cheese, superman has enough combat feats to beat surfer in a fight.

Sure, if we go by statements like that. But I like how a star's energy is near infinite.

It's hard to swallow for you but Surfer isn't suitable for a close quarter fight with someone like Superman. It's always weakness exploitation.

When Dawn spoon feeds him the information. Until then, surfer was literally helpless to do anything. Funny cosmic awareness, right?

abhilegend
Here comes the surfer brigade.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Naija boy
He'd be number 1

He's not beating Constantine.

abhilegend
Also funnily enough, the same Warlock who oneshotted Surfer ran away from Gladiator.

ha-som

Branlor Swift
OK, and what does it tells you? Superman can throw a ship larger than Earth along with J'onn and can literally bench press the entire earth's weight. Even if we ignore the space cheese, superman has enough combat feats to beat surfer in a fight.

Sure, if we go by statements like that. But I like how a star's energy is near infinite.

It's hard to swallow for you but Surfer isn't suitable for a close quarter fight with someone like Superman. It's always weakness exploitation.

When Dawn spoon feeds him the information. Until then, surfer was literally helpless to do anything. Funny cosmic awareness, right? That Superman could hold down Surfer I guess would be your point? If Surfer is purely going h2h I guess yeah.
Though considering Surfer has flown through multiple stars and black holes with his neck exposed...

Surfer ranges from star level to near infinite then.

I know it's hard for you to swallow but not every post about Surfer is a slight against Superman. I just wanted to post what Surfer is about nowadays.
Do you want to argue with me about Surfer vs Superman in other words?

Cosmic awareness should detect that destroying a badge would shame and exile him? But your point wasn't about context of the feat. You just wanted to show your low showing you brought up and you worded it terribly. You brought up however a textbook example of weakness exploitation of something that isn't even a weakness. How do you combat Surfer using weakness exploitation when he gets overpowered? Naturally by showing Surfer using weakness exploitation while getting overpowered.
I don't even figure how you thought that would combat that.

Also Gladiator beats both Thanos and a more powerful Warlock I guess at the same time according to you. What feats does Gladiator have to say he could accomplish this?
If you're going to use it, might as well treat it as serious.

zom1967
Look Supes fans are never going to admit it,but the surfer has more power and more versatile than even Superman.The fact is he is faster stronger and has more energy powers than supes,and I said he would win 6.5 out of 10 from supes and that is being kind.Because I have such respect for Supes for being the first superhero!

abhilegend
That Superman could hold down Surfer I guess would be your point? If Surfer is purely going h2h I guess yeah. Or beat the shit out of him like wraith or Doomsday. So has a lot of characters. But why is it that only surfer is provided the benefit of doubt in such a scenario? In practice, he maxes at moon moving level. So yeah, suck it bran. From what I've read, he is same as always, does some amazing space cheese but sucks in actual fights. Oh and he still can't affect Galactus in slightest when nearly every top tier has do e that from Thor to Quasar to BRB. Heck, Ultimate Thor did better than him. Do you?

Well, if Dawn can deduce it....... Haha, what? I showed that Surfer doesn't goes for weakness exploitation even if he is overpowered unless someone points it out for him. And not by his own choice? He literally said he had no idea how to beat warrior one. But hey, dawn can always pep talk him about not being an idiot. So are you denying Warlock running away from Gladiator on basis of Thanos not wanting to fight Gladiator? Don't worry, I am not saying he beats Thanos. Why would that apply to Warlock who seemed genuinely scared of him?

Supermex
Look Supes fans are never going to admit it,but the surfer has more power and more versatile than even Superman.The fact is he is faster stronger and has more energy powers than supes,and I said he would win 6.5 out of 10 from supes and that is being kind.Because I have such respect for Supes for being the first superhero!

Agree

abhilegend
Did someone just say surfer is stronger than Superman? Bwahaha.

carver9
Silver Surfer vs Superman is debatable. That's not what the thread is about though. Surfer would be hellava powerful, the most powerful Herald in DC imo but he will not take Superman place, or Diana. Surfer is a hard character to use imo. Too many powers with no vulnerabilities.

abhilegend
He will not be more powerful than Superman. He is more versatile but that doesn't means he is more powerful.

Golgo13
Did someone just say surfer is stronger than Superman? Bwahaha.

He's NOT.

zom1967
I love Supes,but if norrrin doesn`t hold back .Supes is a gonner!

Golgo13
Supes doesn't hold back.

riv6672
Silver Surfer vs Superman is debatable. That's not what the thread is about though. Surfer would be hellava powerful, the most powerful Herald in DC imo but he will not take Superman place, or Diana. Surfer is a hard character to use imo. Too many powers with no vulnerabilities.
Ha, yeeeah...so many posts, so few lists.

One-Punch

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20319999_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-012.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320000_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-013.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320001_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-014.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320002_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-015.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320004_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-017.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/20320005_Silver_Surfer_2014-_006-018.jpg

You're not seriously suggesting that Surfer never uses weakness exploitation in a fight do you?

What do you call draining Hulk's gamma energy three times?
Draining and sealing off Super Skaar's Old Power?
Disrupting Vision's internal electrical energies?
Disrupting Wonder Man's internal ionic energies?
Draining Firelord of his cosmic energy
Threatening to down Gladiator with a specific radiation?
Destroying part of Mruungo Muu's power source?
Transmuting away the gills of ancient Atlanteans under water?
Transmuting Amon (who was in semi gaseous form) into liquid?
Surfing the Crunch energies to take down Tenebrous and Aegis?

Those were just off the top of my head. There are more examples.

In that scan, Warrior one outright admits Surfer is more powerful than him but lacks the skill to use that power against him, because you know...Warrior One is the greatest warrior in the known universe according to Surfer's cosmic senses. There's also the scan where Surfer is afraid that the fight between them would cause untold damage to the planet and it's citizens.

That's the dilemma with really powerful heroes. Don't expect them to go full out when there's civilians around.

riv6672
That was a really good post, thank you.

abhilegend
Originally posted by One-Punch
You're not seriously suggesting that Surfer never uses weakness exploitation in a fight do you? Using draining isn't weakness exploitation.

Draining energy? Good luck with that though. Doomsday was leeching power from him and Superman ripped him in half. Same happened with Dr Light. Uh, nothing? If I start using what a character said instead of what they actually did, we'd be here all day. Uh, blasting external power source? You are not seriously talking about Surfer being able to transmute Superman, do you? Suicide. Gee golly, such a large list of absolutely nothing!!!!!

So superman can't punch Surfer now because that's what Warrior one dud to throughly overpower him? Such a great show of skill!!!!!!!

That's fine and dandy. Except surfer outright admitting he doesn't know how to beat Warrior One y'know.

Star428
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Surfer still wouldn't replace Superman as DC's number 1

Agreed. DC would never allow it.

riv6672
Dont think DC has a choice at KMC!

One-Punch
Using draining isn't weakness exploitation.

Taking advantage of an enemy's vulnerability to energy draining/disruption isn't weakness exploitation? Maybe in your Bizarro world. Regardless, Superman isn't immune to it. If Ulysses can disrupt Superman's energies just by being near him, what do you think Surfer could do if he were to actually try?

So you're saying Doomsday and Dr. Light are better energy manipulators than Surfer? Prove it.

Also, good job ignoring the examples of Surfer disrupting Wonder Man and Vision's internal energies. Let me guess, that doesn't count as weakness exploitation, and we should discount it, right?

Says the person who never shuts up about statements of Superman being the most powerful being on Earth. I think by now the entire forum knows that you're the king of double-standards, at least when it comes to Superman.

Doesn't matter though, it just another example of Surfer willing to use weakness exploitation, which is what this whole conversation is about, since you strongly implied Surfer rarely uses his powers to exploit weaknesses.

It weakened Mruungo by cutting off a portion of his power didn't it? It was Mruungo's sole vulnerability and Surfer exploited it to win the fight. There's more than one way to exploit weaknesses.

No, just giving you yet another example of weakness exploitation.

I've given you almost a dozen examples yet you're still in denial, and think Surfer rarely uses weakness exploitation.

While taking down two Galactus level beings with him by...wait for it...exploiting their weakness to the Crunch energies.

Are you starting to see a pattern?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

At this point is anyone on this forum still shocked that abhi--who clearly has very deep insecurity issues with Superman--would dismiss all of Surfer's feats? It's almost a running theme now, and not just with Surfer, but with anyone powerful enough to contend with Superman.

Your post doesn't even make sense. Then again, they rarely do.

All I did was post the context of your scans. I've lost count of how many times I've had to correct your Surfer scans. I've also lost count of how many times others have had to correct your Thor and Hulk scans, and for that matter scans of any other hero (even DC heroes!) that could contend with Superman.

More symptoms of your insecurity with Superman.

While minimizing the potential untold damage to the civilians on the planet, including Dawn, the women he loves...

Tell me something, do you think Superman would go all out in a crowded area full of civilians, and with Lois being a dozen meters away?

celeyhyga17
Taking advantage of an enemy's vulnerability to energy draining/disruption isn't weakness exploitation? Maybe in your Bizarro world. Regardless, Superman isn't immune to it. If Ulysses can disrupt Superman's energies just by being near him, what do you think Surfer could do if he were to actually try?

So you're saying Doomsday and Dr. Light are better energy manipulators than Surfer? Prove it.

Also, good job ignoring the examples of Surfer disrupting Wonder Man and Vision's internal energies. Let me guess, that doesn't count as weakness exploitation, and we should discount it, right?

Says the person who never shuts up about statements of Superman being the most powerful being on Earth. I think by now the entire forum knows that you're the king of double-standards, at least when it comes to Superman.

Doesn't matter though, it just another example of Surfer willing to use weakness exploitation, which is what this whole conversation is about, since you strongly implied Surfer rarely uses his powers to exploit weaknesses.

It weakened Mruungo by cutting off a portion of his power didn't it? It was Mruungo's sole vulnerability and Surfer exploited it to win the fight. There's more than one way to exploit weaknesses.

I've given you almost a dozen examples yet you're still in denial, and think Surfer rarely uses weakness exploitation.

While taking down two Galactus level beings with him by...wait for it...exploiting their weakness to the Crunch energies.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

At this point is anyone on this forum still shocked that abhi--who clearly has very deep insecurity issues with Superman--would dismiss all of Surfer's feats? It's almost a running theme now, and not just with Surfer, but with anyone powerful enough to contend with Superman.

All I did was post the context of your scans. I've lost count of how many times I've had to correct your Surfer scans. I've also lost count of how many times others have had to correct your Thor and Hulk scans, and for that matter scans of any other hero (even DC heroes!) that could contend with Superman.

While minimizing the potential untold damage to the civilians on the planet, including Dawn, the women he loves...

Tell me something, do you think Superman would go all out in a crowded area full of civilians, and with Lois being a dozen meters away?
thumb up
He's gonna move goalposts, bring up red herrings, straw mans, all that good stuff.

Perfect example is you bringing up transmuting the gills of Atlanteans. Funny guy.

laughing out loud

riv6672
Wow at the gills. huh

One-Punch
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
thumb up
He's gonna move goalposts, bring up red herrings, straw mans, all that good stuff.

Perfect example is you bringing up transmuting the gills of Atlanteans. Funny guy.

laughing out loud
Some things never change.

At this point I'm not even attempting to change his mind. It's more like cleaning up the mess that he's caused thanks to his ongoing smear campaign of Surfer (and every other hero that can challenge Superman).

Golgo13
Dr. Light is a top tier in terms of energy manipulation. He can control anything photon based, even mystical artifacts as was seen with Diana's lasso. He's definitely up there.

celeyhyga17

At this point I'm not even attempting to change his mind. It's more like cleaning up the mess that he's caused thanks to his ongoing smear campaign of Surfer (and every other hero that can challenge Superman).
What gets me is when he replies and takes the time to break down different points of a post, but actually answers each point with fallacies.. He answers with so much misdirection it feels like talking to a petulant child.

They're also almost always riddled with lowballing and hypocrisy..

laughing

janus77
Surfer turns Superman's costume into asbestos and Superman dies from a super-rash.

carver9

thumb up

Branlor Swift

At this point I'm not even attempting to change his mind. It's more like cleaning up the mess that he's caused thanks to his ongoing smear campaign of Surfer (and every other hero that can challenge Superman). Pretty much. I was going to reply but what's the point?

You pretty much said everything I was going to anyway. It's gotten to a point where you can't even discuss another "threat" on it's own without some trolling lowball attempt by him. And then it does actually relate back to Superman because he made it do so.

Naija boy

roll eyes (sarcastic)

thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer turns Superman's costume into asbestos and Superman dies from a super-rash.

You're a glinting bastard that needs to be humbled!

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman is far stronger, is far far faster (combatspeedwise) and more durable, he would beat Surfer 9/10 and I am generous. Surfer's only prayer of a chance is weakness exploration and even then he would most often get down before it's effect depower clark enough to give Surfer a chance.

Anyway, this thread is about postioning and Surfer is so incredibly unpopular and unimportant that DC would give him CA place at best and be done with it. Even Marvel has a hard time to increase SS popularity. No face, no dick, no personality.

JBL
Surfer would be number 1. Surfer has all three of supermans powers, and about 20 others that superman can only dream about.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman is far stronger, is far far faster (combatspeedwise) and more durable, he would beat Surfer 9/10 and I am generous. Surfer's only prayer of a chance is weakness exploration and even then he would most often get down before it's effect depower clark enough to give Surfer a chance.

Anyway, this thread is about postioning and Surfer is so incredibly unpopular and unimportant that DC would give him CA place at best and be done with it. Even Marvel has a hard time to increase SS popularity. No face, no dick, no personality.

laughing out loud

Nibedicus

I don't even see how this became a Surfer vs Superman thread....

This is a top 5 thread with Superman being top dog of the top 5 (as he was specific that they need to be Superman-level and below, no one higher). The OP asked who gets bumped off the top 5 and Superman, being the top of the 5, will not be bumped off regardless of where you put Surfer. It's about the other 4 characters in the top 5 and who among them is weakest. Meaning, Superman isn't gonna be bumped off the list at all.

I mean read the question, he doesn't even ask where Surfer is placed on the list, he's asking if Surfer just breaks into it (w/c is pretty damned ressonable to assume he would). So (IMO) ppl should just cool their vaginas and dsicuss the thread as the OP requested it, not as another one of the 10000 Surfer vs Superman theads found in this forum....

Blair Wind
Green Lantern (Kyle and Hal), Alan Scott, Superman, Martian Manhunter. Silver Surfer breaks in and takes Manhunter's place.

abhilegend
Taking advantage of an enemy's vulnerability to energy draining/disruption isn't weakness exploitation? Maybe in your Bizarro world. It's called draining. In what world is that supposed to be weakness exploitation? The same thing which happened to Doomsday.

Energy manipulator, no. Doomsday was a better drainer though. Just by being near, he was killing millions and killed dozens of kryptonians.

It's counted in energy manipulation. And both Vision and Simon's powers work differently than superman. But nice job using red herrings.

Being called the most powerful being and saying I can do something are little different. Think about it.
So, if it doesn't matter, why bring it up? Please go ahead and say surfer can transmute superman though.

So, are you suggesting Surfer is going to destroy sun to weaken Superman? Because that's only thing applicable with that reasoning here.

Where?

That's what makes surfer fans so enjoyable to tear apart. You actually thought those were weakness exploitation?

Like I said, it was a suicide. And a hail Mary. But go ahead and pretend it was something else.

I'm seeing a lot of red herrings. But that's it.

And where did I dismiss all of surfer's feats? Man, you are good at Red herrings.

Sure, sure.

All I did was post the context of your scans. I've lost count of how many times I've had to correct your Surfer scans. I've also lost count of how many times others have had to correct your Thor and Hulk scans, and for that matter scans of any other hero (even DC heroes!) that could contend with Superman. All you did was getting defensive, just like you always do. What does being told he was the greatest warrior has to being punched into submission anyway?

Repeating yourself now?

That's not what he said. I suggest reading comic again. He beat Doomsday to death in just such a scenario and then again ripped doomsday to half. You don't need to destroy planet to go all out.

abhilegend
Pretty much. I was going to reply but what's the point?

You pretty much said everything I was going to anyway. It's gotten to a point where you can't even discuss another "threat" on it's own without some trolling lowball attempt by him. And then it does actually relate back to Superman because he made it do so.
Parroting celey now? Lulzworthy bran.

Branlor Swift
Only celey can have this viewpoint. He adopted full ownership.

What I said was not due from years of your posts but from seeing celey say it. Should learn to think for myself.

thumb up

quanchi112
It's called draining. In what world is that supposed to be weakness exploitation? Exploiting a weakness is called a weakness exploitation. You have no basic understanding of the meaning of rather simplistic terms so this perfectly explains the ineptitude of your debating style. If someone has a weakness to red solar energy and someone can replicate that same attack then it is called weakness exploitation.

smile

Branlor Swift
Also here's quan's post as payment for such a weak attempt:

Originally posted by quanchi112
Exploiting a weakness is called a weakness exploitation. You have no basic understanding of the meaning of rather simplistic terms so this perfectly explains the ineptitude of your debating style. If someone has a weakness to red solar energy and someone can replicate that same attack then it is called weakness exploitation.

smile

abhilegend
So, posting Quan now? Maybe next time you're arguing with me, I'll just quote h1a8 and call it a day.

mmm

Branlor Swift
Meh, everyone quotes h1. I can't win with that.

Quan flies under the radar now for some reason.

abhilegend
Meh, everyone quotes h1. I can't win with that.

Quan flies under the radar now for some reason.
Not everyone. Or how about quoting board Walker?

Branlor Swift
BW isn't even on ignore because I like reporting it in the hopes it gets banned.

abhilegend
It?

Branlor Swift
It used to say it was a girl, now it just doesn't say. I'm pretty sure he or she or heshe forgot what gender it was pretending to be and just doesn't want to "bind" if you will.

Plus "it" fits with what it does

Golgo13
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Green Lantern (Kyle and Hal), Alan Scott, Superman, Martian Manhunter. Silver Surfer breaks in and takes Manhunter's place.

Dr. Fate?

quanchi112
So, posting Quan now? Maybe next time you're arguing with me, I'll just quote h1a8 and call it a day.

mmm Quit running from me. Cowardice is your weakness exploitation. I show up you flee for cover.

riv6672
So, Quan. How about a list? That'd learn him. stick out tongue

"Id"
Yeah Quan your suppose to come up with a top 5 list first, than point out who the Surfer knocks out of that list you Jabroni

Magic Joe
I thought my list was the most accurate.

riv6672
Twernt bad.

One-Punch
It's called draining. In what world is that supposed to be weakness exploitation?
Draining someone who's vulnerable to draining isn't weakness exploitation? You're not making any sense.

Doomsday is not in the same league as Surfer when it comes to energy draining and manipulation.

The closest Surfer analogue in DC (besides Captain Atom) was Ulysses, and not only did he disrupt Superman's energy easily, he outright defeated Superman. The best Superman could manage was a stalemate with his solar flare, which knocked both of them out, and left Superman powerless for 24 hours.

Even you admit Superman's defeat due to energy absorption:
That's the main reason Ulysses beat him because he straight up went to absorb his energies and as he is automatically tuned to his energy, it was easy for him to absorb it.

^ If Ulysses could easily disrupt and absorb Superman's energy to beat him, why can't Surfer? Especially when Surfer is far above Ulysses in every category.

Doomsday a superior energy drainer than Surfer? Based on what?

All Doomsday did was drain the life force of Earth animals and civilians, and drained a few jets. How does that put him above Surfer? On the contrary, it doesn't
put him anywhere near Surfer in terms of energy draining. And if you're talking about the flashback with Lara/Zod back on Krypton, Doomsday NEVER used
energy draining on any Kyrptonians. If he did, cite it so I can fact-check.

laughing out loud

Redherring? Abhi, you shouldn't use words you don't understand. It makes you look like an idiot.

Energy manipulation is how Surfer exploits weaknesses... but according to you energy manipulation and energy draining don't count as weakness exploitation.

The fact that Surfer was able to disable Vision and Wonder Man by disrupting their unique internal energies, shows how adept he is at manipulating different types of energies and exploiting energy based weaknesses.

On panel Surfer has manipulated energies like...Gamma energy, ionic energy, electric energy, cosmic energy, crunch energies, psychic energies,
temporal energies, astral energies, magical energies. In fact he's even manipulated...*GASP! solar energy.

And if Ulysses was able to easily mess Superman up with his energy manipulation powers, what do you think Surfer can do? Especially since Surfer is above Ulysses in every category.

They're both statements, and according to you statements are worthless....except if it praises Superman. Like I said, king double-standards.

And again, that statement shows it's in-character for Surfer to use weakness exploitation. Surfer outright states he's going to exploit Gladiator's weakness. But according to you that still doesn't count.

You implied it's not in character for Surfer to use weakness exploitation. I gave you (almost a dozen) examples of him doing so, therefore yes it does matter.

no expression

See my above post. I think you're getting lost in your own insecure thoughts of Superman.

The only thing you've "torn" down is your own credibility, or whatever is left of it. laughing out loud

And based on your own asinine definition of exploiting weaknesses, nothing Surfer does is considered weakness exploitation. Even Surfer stating he would exploit Gladiator's weakness doesn't count toward weakness exploitation.

Doesn't matter, it was still a perfect example of Surfer exploiting Tenebrous and Aegis's weakness to the Crunch. Despite all these examples, you still deny that it's in-character for Surfer to exploit weaknesses.

You remind me of a two-year old who's just learnt a new word. Loves to repeat the word it all the time, but doesn't know what the hell it means. laughing out loud

It's cute when a toddler does it, but pathetic when an adult does it.

Your entire post? Scratch that, more like your entire posting history related to Surfer (and every other hero that can challenge Superman).

Your posts don't make sense, and I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Posting context is defensive? And even if I were, I'd have every right to be given your long history of context twisting scans.

It's the truth. Your insecurity with Superman is so enormous it's affecting your thinking. I recommend some therapy and a long break from Superman comics.

Surfer stated he was afraid that the fight between them would cause untold damage to Planet Prime and it's civilians. Warrior One on the other hand didn't give a crap about the collateral damage. That's a big advantage for Warrior One. Plus, Surfer didn't want to kill Warrior One either, since he was Planet Prime's equivalent of a cop. You can't compare Doomsday--a mindless killing machine which had to be stopped at all costs--to an overzealous cosmic cop. laughing out loud

And given all the civilians nearby, including Dawn, even a street destroying blast would be risky, let alone a city or world destroying one. But, that's the type of power that's needed affect Warrior One. That's why Surfer wasn't sure what to do.

abhilegend
Draining someone who's vulnerable to draining isn't weakness exploitation? You're not making any sense. Being vulnerable to draining is like being vulnerable to punches. By that token, Surfer is even more vulnerable to draining than Superman because it has happened far more to him than Superman. Its total nonsense to think draining is a vulnerability for Superman, he is vulnerable to magic not energy draining.

So you think Surfer can do this to a whole dimension full of kryptonians?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jJI2glbUUUg/U3yvTTTefXI/AAAAAAADZhU/i_xqhchykA0/s1600/-009.jpg

Please say yes.

Not really. Surfer don't goes around amped on the energy of an entire planet or starts disrupting energy of top tiers automatically. And Ulysses was amping from the power of the power lines. The first time he tried it, Superman koed him in one punch. After Ulysses was already amped on the energy of a planet and Superman's own HV and Superman had just survived a planet exploding.

But yeah, solar flare will KO Surfer alright if he would try to absorb Superman's power like Ulysses.

But not now, Solar Flare will take care of Surfer if he goes that route. So at best he can do is draw.

Solar Flare. And no, Surfer isn't far above Ulysses in combat. Surfer doesn't goes around beating high heralds like Superman like that.

Killing a whole dimension full of kryptonians.

Because he evolved in Phantom Zone and killed every last kryptonian there. In case you are wondering how powerful they were, a few of them beat the shit out of Phantom Stranger and crucified him.

Yeah, typos. Looks like you have never done one.

Punching is how Superman exploit weaknesses to characters' vulnerability to punches. That sounds right to you?

Yeah, he is a good energy manipulator. Nobody denies that. Its not a game changer against people like Superman though, who have control over their energies.

Good for him. If he goes that route, he gets a good dose of solar flare right in his face and its good night for him.

Get koed by solar flare? That's like asking like if Thor can oneshot him or Warlock can oneshot him, imagine Superman punching him?

Not exactly. One is describing and comparing characters' power level. One is simply a character saying something.

Surfer said he knows the radiation weakness of Gladiator and can down him. The way even skrulls know it, its not hard for him to know about it. That's not what he can do here though.

You gave, what you think is weakness exploitation. Unfortunately for you, comics don't take those as weakness exploitation.

Are you sure you aren't stuck in a time loop where all you can do is repeat yourself?

facepalm

If he had actually done it? Yes, it would've been counted. Saying=/=doing.

So you think Surfer going all suicid-y to take down T&A after he got his ass handed to him is a good example to bring here? So Superman leaves him broken on a moon and surfer figures out something after getting his ass raped? Good for me bro.

Yeah, its getting pathetic from you. But don't worry, I'll not judge you.

And here we go again. But let me guess, according to you Surfer will just defeat Superman without any problems and he is just above Superman in every way, right?

I don't really care about what stupid people think about me.

Yeah, right. We will call it context. Whatever makes you happy bro.

Thanks Dr. Phil.

Yup, ignoring what comic said outright. Good going bro.

Yeah, make some more excuses while you are at it. But that's what surfer fans always do and always will. Its kinda amusing actually.

One-Punch
Being vulnerable to draining is like being vulnerable to punches. By that token, Surfer is even more vulnerable to draining than Superman because it has happened far more to him than Superman. Its total nonsense to think draining is a vulnerability for Superman, he is vulnerable to magic not energy draining.
Except characters can be resistant to physical damage, but weak to energy draining. This is especially true for beings whose powers are derived from energy, Surfer is no exception.

Hulk for example: punching Hulk doesn't work, blasting Hulk doesn't work, cutting Hulk doesn't work, but draining Hulk? Worked almost instantly when Surfer did it. That's what I call a vulnerability and it applies to Superman.

If Ulysses can disrupt Superman's powers just by standing near him, it's clearly a vulnerability. You even stated the only reason Ulysses beat Superman was because of energy disruption and energy absorption.

Surfer is better than Ulysses in both those categories.

I asked you for draining feats from Doomsday that put him above Surfer, and you give me this random scan of the Phantom Zone, that has nothing to do with energy draining?

I'll ask again: do you have draining feats from Doomsday that put him above Surfer?

Oh, thanks for providing a real example of a red herring: you posting an irrelevant scan to try to distract from answering my question.

Surfer can and has disrupted and absorbed energy from multiple top tiers. I've already provided a list, but you've dismissed all of them, like you always do.

Here are the facts: Surfer is a better energy manipulator and absorber than Ulysses based off of feats. He can and has accomplished things far greater than Ulysses.

You really enjoy exaggerating feats in favor of Superman don't you?

Ulysses wasn't amping off his planet when he first beat Superman, he did that at the very end when his home planet was destroyed. Amping off powerlines doesn't put Ulysses above Surfer. Superman never KO'd Ulysses in one punch. And no, Ulysses did not tank his planet exploding. Superman flew them off the planet before the explosion caught them.

I highly doubt that solar flare would KO surfer.

Not only is Surfer a better energy manipulator than Ulysses, he's more durable and is extremely resistant to solar heat and heat based attacks:

He's surfed super novas, been at the center of stars unfazed, and he no sold Korvac's blast which would've incinerated a planet.

Superman's solar flare incinerated a section of a forest...

Puts things into perspective.

See above.

laughing out loud

Okay so let me get this straight...

Ulysses has only like 7 appearances. According to you, that one feat of beating Superman puts Ulysses above Surfer, despite Surfer's 40+ years of combat feats?

I knew you loved low-balling Surfer, but this is an all-time low for you.

Where does it say he drained these Kryptonians? In fact, where does it say he killed an entire dimension full of Kryptonians? Cite the book and issue number so I can fact-check.

I asked for energy draining feats from Doomsday. You still haven't provided a single draining feat that would put Doomsday near Surfer, let alone above Surfer like you initially claimed.

You claimed Superman resisted Doomsday's energy draining, then claimed Doomsday is a better energy drainer than Surfer. PROVE IT.

In fact I read Superman: Doomed. Doomsday never even attempted to directly drain Superman. It was his toxin was the real issue.

You're passing off your misuse of a fallacy as a typo? laughing out loud

Not buying it. Don't throw around fallacies or terms that you don't understand.

Energy manipulation has a very broad range of effects, and Surfer uses it for weakness exploitation when simple punching or blasting doesn't work.

in Silver Surfer: In They Name, Surfer encountered a monster that he couldn't damage physically. So he attacked its weak point astrally, and one-shot killed it. That monster was invulnerable to physical attacks, but extremely weak to astral blasts.

This is just another example of weakness exploitation.

Energy manipulation gave Ulysses an advantage against Superman, in fact he dominated Superman in their first fight thanks to it. I don't see why it wouldn't give Surfer an advantage either, who's more powerful than Ulysses.

So Superman's only counter to Surfer's energy manipulation is to kamikaze solar flare, depowering and knocking himself out in the process?

It's not guaranteed at all to KO Surfer, given Surfer's durability feats to heat based attacks.

They're both statements, and you said statements are pointless, yet...

You're more than happy to accept statements of Superman's power, but dismiss statements of Martian Man-hunter's power all the time.

It's yet another example of your double-standards. Statements praising Superman count, all other statements don't. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I only brought up Surfer's statement of exploiting Gladiator's weakness to show that it's in-character for him to do so.

Yes, according to you, abhlegend: the most balanced and non-biased poster in comicdom.

Like I said, Surfer used the crunch energies to kill T&A because he knew they were weak to it. Again, I'm just showing that it's in-character for Surfer to exploit weaknesses.

Me pathetic? You're the one who tried to cover up your ignorance of what a "red herring" is by pretending it was a typo. This is what happens when you use words you don't understand. laughing

No, I'm just saying energy manipulation would give Surfer an edge against Superman, just like how it gave Ulysses the edge when he defeated Superman.

So you don't care what you think of yourself?

Unlike you I don't twist and misinterpret the context.

I practically quoted the comic.

Not my fault the actual context doesn't support you.

Naija boy

Me pathetic? You're the one who tried to cover up your ignorance of what a "red herring" is by pretending it was a typo. This is what happens when you use words you don't understand. laughing

lol, that was truly a cringeworthy display of ignorance/backpedalling
thumb up

Sin I AM
Maybe abhi meant ringer

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Maybe abhi meant ringer

Please, let the lowlight pass in silence!

At this point you're pouring cayenne coated salt into an open wound!

abhilegend
Except characters can be resistant to physical damage, but weak to energy draining. This is especially true for beings whose powers are derived from energy, Surfer is no exception. The same can be said to energy draining too. Characters don't have automatic weakness to draining.

Except it only worked once in silver age when hulk was drastically weaker than he is today. In fact Surfer koed him then with a simple board attack. In IH 250, Surfer was massively amped by gamma bomb and in SS 125, hulk was dying and weakened. So, no it doesn't always instantly work on hulk. In fact he looked better than Surfer against both Rulk and Armaggeddon in draining resistance. It doesn't. But I doubt it will change your mind. Agree to disagree.

Or ulysses is just a better energy manipulator than every other energy manipulators Superman has tangled with like Captain Atom or Green Lantern. You think ANY energy manipulator will disrupt Superman's energy if he just stands there. Yeah, I did. Your point is?

Then show me Surfer disrupting a top tier being's energy by just standing around. Should be easy for you, right?

He drained and killed everyone in the phantom zone off panel if you didn't know. Only Mongul and Zod/Non/Faora remained off thousands of kryptonians.

I just gave you.

Just because you think its a red herring doesn't makes it one.

Only Hulk is a top tier in those lists and he has only done it once in normal circumstances. In both IH 250 and SS 125, context was involved.

Oh now we're arguing about feats against a character who has only appeared in 5 issues till now?

Facts are facts bro.

Ah, it came again. So a superman level being amping doesn't puts Ulysses at Surfer level. Superman is what level then? Really?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oEfaBXieu1o/U_3nmW0WF-I/AAAAAAAEn04/1E3Woq8VTII/s1600/-014.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TIN56ov7YUI/U_3nmlBnnJI/AAAAAAAEn0w/NALRGTzVqHw/s1600/-015%2Bcopy.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KFTdvujzh7A/U_3nnJ5nECI/AAAAAAAEn00/5ChMHfCEFH0/s1600/-016%2Bcopy.jpg

Must be sleeping there. Heck, it wasn't even a punch, Superman just shoved him hard.

Looked like they couldn't run from it.

http://viewcomic.com/superman-v3-37-2014/%22http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ae9qL-ZDAy0/VJqtAuWkAzI/AAAAAAAG-bY/z7KrGqrtgc8/s1600/p11_19.jpg
http://viewcomic.com/superman-v3-37-2014/%22http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NwrxJlolGqU/VJqtAMkPTLI/AAAAAAAG-bU/4yDCxgeu55M/s1600/p11_20%2Bcopy.jpg

Great durability showing for both as Geoff Johns doesn't shows top tiers taking planet busting attacks.

Of course you do. Just take it this way, a planet exploding didn't KO a weaker Ulysses. Even omega beams couldn't destroy Superman's costume. Solar Flare did better than both.

Now, we are back to random feats and red herrings. Is Superman on Surfer's level? Yes or No.

Superman has better feats of durability. A younger Superman survived attacks from Vyndtkvx which destroyed 250 planets instantly.

As if collateral damage is indication of power. Odin killed Surtur and himself in a blast that didn't even singed the street below. I bet Surfer can kill both, right?

For what? Jokes?

No, it puts him right at Surfer's level. Unless you think Superman is not at Surfer's level either.

For what? Comparing combat feats?

Batman Superman 11. Go read it.

I ask again, are you in a time loop?

Do you think Surfer can kill thousands of kryptonians?

Are you ****ing kidding me? Lex outright said that it was only trying to drain Superman since he was the greatest source of power in the galaxy and Superman was unable to even stand up after he killed Doomsday.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EXN94lGgN1A/U3OJJ-XDgPI/AAAAAAADVto/mzQsGP6wjLM/s1600/-023.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Q37NjYLJyX8/U3OJROleCYI/AAAAAAADVuw/_i0B6DV754U/s1600/-034.jpg

Do you think he passed out for lulz?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

See if I give a damn about what you think.

Like when?

The creature wasn't vulnerable to psychic attacks. Surfer was more powerful on astral plane.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22887515_InThyName2003.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22887516_InThyName2004.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22887517_InThyName2005.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22887518_InThyName2006.jpg

facepalm

In his first fight, Superman oneshotted Ulysses. But hey, can I bring up Thor oneshotting surfer here?

abhilegend
Its not a heat based attack. And Firelord has koed Surfer with heat attacks alright. Three times actually.

Not really. But like I said, you seem to be stuck in a time loop.

Are we seriously comparing Superman and J'onn now? And pray tell me, what statements of J'onn have I ignored?

Oh, right. Its just another "You are so biased" rant.

It is not. He actually fought Krosakis with Gladiator's power and didn't use any weakness exploitation.

Abhlegend? Is that a new guy around here?

No, he just remembered what Galactus said to him and made a hail mary after getting nearly killed. If it was in character for him, it wouldn't have come to him after getting nearly killed.

Oh right. Great vince doesn't knows what typos are. Tell me again who abhlegend is?

And got his ass koed by a weakened Superman in return? But I like how you're using Ulysses as a parameter for Surfer to win but wouldn't count his loss as Surfer is automatically above him. Great logic right there.

No, just surfer fans in particular.

Right. Tell me again how Doomsday wasn't draining Superman.

By interjecting your own words in between? Nope.

Actually, it does. But you always live in denial.Originally posted by Naija boy
lol, that was truly a cringeworthy display of ignorance/backpedalling
thumb up
Look who is here!!!!

riv6672
Holy CRAP that was a lot of back and forth...eek! !!!

saurabh kanhere
Silver Surfer would jump up to # 1 in DC

Guy has every superpower in the book it seems.

For no. 1 , you also require some looks which he doesn't possess, same reason goes for hulk. Thor is good, wolverine with his claws mad too......but surfer can't be #1 for that only. cool

Reflassshh
Originally posted by quanchi112
Quit running from me. Cowardice is your weakness exploitation. I show up you flee for cover. Irony.

riv6672
Originally posted by saurabh kanhere
For no. 1 , you also require some looks which he doesn't possess, same reason goes for hulk. Thor is good, wolverine with his claws mad too......but surfer can't be #1 for that only. cool
Well thats in the top 5.
Of worst reasoning by a poster ever.
laughing out loud

saurabh kanhere
Well thats in the top 5.
Of worst reasoning by a poster ever.
laughing out loud

I was talking about no.1, not top 5.
How about shutting mouth and reading it carefully instead of loling...smile

riv6672
Lol!

saurabh kanhere
beer

DarkSaint85
http://33.media.tumblr.com/279fb8cdc0106c81aa043d62323008a6/tumblr_nakn244B731tv0602o1_500.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
http://33.media.tumblr.com/279fb8cdc0106c81aa043d62323008a6/tumblr_nakn244B731tv0602o1_500.jpg
I'm all about that bass, not the treble.

sta8541
Silver Surfer is a tough out, as is Superman. This is an interesting thread, thanks for posting it.

Blue Area Vet
Surfer is more powerful than the Heralds in DCNU but he would not take the spotlight from Superman or Wonder Woman. A great example of this is Captain Atom. All that power and we rarely if ever saw/seen him.

He couldn't, but that's not what is being asked.

Blue Area Vet
Blue Marvel > Superman as well.

"Id"
DCnU Fab Five

WL Kyle
Captain Atom
Tangent Superman
Flash Wally
Superman

Surfer would replace Captain Atom.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Blue Marvel > Superman as well. Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Blue Marvel > Superman as well.
Yeah, right. For you anybody from marvel would be above Superman.

I'm curious though, what makes Shit Marvel above Superman?

sta8541

1. Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom

2. Yes.

3. Captain Atom (similar powersets).

sta8541
I'm curious though, what makes Shit Marvel above Superman?

This just looks so funny, lol.

Stoic
Superman
Orion
Wonder Woman
Flash
Captain Atom

2. Yes.

3. Captain Atom

I think that the Surfer is just as powerful as Superman if not more so. If they fight the Surfer has the ability to alter the Kryptonian's very DNA down to the molecular level. In theory, he could make it so that Superman reaped zero benefits from sunlight, or even make him allergic to it altogether. The Surfer once brought a deer back to full health, while it was on the verge of death. This took all of about 3 seconds.

The Surfer would not be able to replace Superman on the other hand, because Superman fights certain foes that would probably beat the life out of the Surfer. So, in that light Superman is actually more versatile than the Surfer, but that only applies to combat scenarios. I guess that I'd place the Surfer neck and neck with Superman.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>