Darth Maul vs HoT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Who wins who dies?

Nephthys
HoT wins.

Hero of Python
HoT is Mace Windu tier at the least so I go with her.

carthage
Maul 10/10

Stigma
Done multiple times already. In all Maul wins.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Hero of Python
HoT is Mace Windu tier at the least so I go with her.

Well for one, not really. For two, so is Maul.

carthage
Lol @ Hero being on the same tier as Windu

McP
Maul every single time

Sinious
Originally posted by Nephthys
HoT wins.

AncientPower
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well for one, not really. For two, so is Maul.

Yeah Maul wins.

My problem with player characters in SWTOR is that we know for a fact Vitiate >>>>>>> Revan >>>>>> Everyone else. Which makes scaling 'everyone else' very hard to do objectively, It is made even harder by the fact we don't have all that much information.

Hero of Python
Originally posted by AncientPower
Yeah Maul wins.

My problem with player characters in SWTOR is that we know for a fact Vitiate >>>>>>> Revan >>>>>> Everyone else. Which makes scaling 'everyone else' very hard to do objectively, It is made even harder by the fact we don't have all that much information.

True, it is difficult. Kinda sucks for Revan though, I hope he gets a boost in the future and plays a large role in taking down full power Vitiate.

And I'll edit what I said earlier: I have HoT somewhere between Dooku and Mace, so yeah it would be a close fight with Maul.

IMO, and I'm a bit of a Revan fan after like 100 kotor playthroughs, Revan should be much closer to Viti than he is. After 300 years studying the emperors power and being the heart of the force and all that, he should be a clear tier above HoT/Dooku/Mace/Maul. Not quite Yoda levels but he should be able to stalemate Vitiate (hence why he'd need our assistance to do away with him for good).

NewGuy01
Uh, the role of Vitiate's character from the start was to be the evil abomination that even Revan isn't a match for. That's what he was intended to be from his inception. Saying that Revan 'should' be able to stalemate him has no basis, nor does it make any sense.

Sinious
Uh, the role of Vitiate's character from the start was to be the evil abomination that even Revan isn't a match for. That's what he was intended to be from his inception. Saying that Revan 'should' be able to stalemate him has no basis, nor does it make any sense.

thumb up

Stigma
Maul > HoT > Vitiate > Revan thumb up

Nephthys
Newguy, it doesn't make any sense. The power levels are all over the place.

carthage
How do you think he wins Jack?

Nephthys
Vitiate was in pretty shit condition at that point, bro. At full power at the end of Act II, he pretty much demolished the Hero and his team.

Not to mention that Vitiate>>Revan>>Hero's all but been confirmed in Shadow of Revan.

The Hero got much more powerful after that point. And then got better after he beat Vitiate as well.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
The Hero got much more powerful after that point. And then got better after he beat Vitiate as well.

Not enough to make up for the rest of the team that got demolished alongside him.

Hero of Python

Uh, I don't think you read what I said. I didn't mind Revan being used as a plot device to show off the new Big Bad. I just think that by NOW he should have the experience, force knowledge, and power to at least be within Vitiate's stratosphere.

Not saying he has to be more powerful or even AS powerful as un-weakened Vitiate. Just strong enough to where he isn't totally wrecked by a single blast of Viti's lightning. He should, at the very least, be able to fight Vitiate like Dooku fought Yoda.

But like people have said, the power levels are scatterbrained at best, especially when it comes to video game characters.

Sinious
Originally posted by Hero of Python
Not saying he has to be more powerful or even AS powerful as un-weakened Vitiate. Just strong enough to where he isn't totally wrecked by a single blast of Viti's lightning. He should, at the very least, be able to fight Vitiate like Dooku fought Yoda.

But like people have said, the power levels are scatterbrained at best, especially when it comes to video game characters.

That's mainly due to Vitiate's fighting style. He doesn't really engage enemies in melee combat. That's why we only see him overpower enemies with the force and that takes less time than dueling on screen. And when you think about it, Vitiate tried to do to Revan what Sidious did to Savage/Maul and actually failed. The gap between them wasn't as wide as he thought, at least not wide enough for Vitiate to casually toy with Revan. He eventually had to unleash his (possibly)most potent attack. So in a way, Revan did stand up to the Emperor even though he was stomped at the end. Anything more wouldn't make sense considering how OP Vitiate's backstory is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.