ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Obi Wan (Lightsabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
1. EU versions

2. Canon versions

Battle takes place atop the Empire state building

carthage
up?

|King Joker|
R1: I guess Luke...?
R2: Kenobi stomps.

Lord Stark
Kenobi both rounds.

Trocity
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Kenobi both rounds.

Axle
Indeed. Kenobi.

Angelalex242
Kenobi. This Luke has not yet become awesome. Later though. Later.

ares834
1. Kenobi
2. Luke

NewGuy01
Interesting take, Ares.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ares834
1. Kenobi
2. Luke

You think Canon ROTJ Luke is > EU ROTJ Luke?

Lucas Canon has Luke as only half trained. Not sure where Disney lies on the point yet.

Either way, Eu or Canon, even if we were to say ROTJ Luke is a fully trained Jedi and put him on par with TCW Anakin, he still should not be beating Kenobi, given even ROTS Vader could not beat him.

ILS
But the decider in Kenobi vs Anakin was emotional control, and Luke clearly had that down by RotJ. And him giving Vader such a great fight suggests his training time is irrelevant. Skywalker potential supersedes conventional training, always has.

ares834
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
You think Canon ROTJ Luke is > EU ROTJ Luke?

No.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ILS
But the decider in Kenobi vs Anakin was emotional control, and Luke clearly had that down by RotJ. And him giving Vader such a great fight suggests his training time is irrelevant. Skywalker potential supersedes conventional training, always has.

True but this was Anakin with 13+ years of training. And having been a Knight for 3+years.

Whilst in "Lucas" Canon we have a Luke with slightly less potential than his dad, and with only half his Jedi training complete.

But that's in the Previous Lucas "Canon".

However even in the EU I do think Kenobi's defences should hold personally (for a majority at least. Kenobi can always lose some given his history).

Zenwolf
Where is it said Luke only had half training?...I always keep seeing this and there's never any viable evidence other than.

"Oh well he didn't train as long as so and so."

That isn't really viable considering even by just movies, you have quotes and showings from those very powerful saying that he is strong, he has learned much, his skills are complete, etc and so on, so forth.

ares834
Lucas called him a "half trained boy" or something along those lines.

Zenwolf
Ok but Lucas ain't in charge anymore. Plus that seems to be going against what literally the movies say multiple times, or at least ROTJ.

ares834
Oh I agree. Heck, Lucas himself contradicts the quote later on as he makes some of the best duelists cyborgs and old men despite dismissing the sword fighting in the prequels because of that.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ok but Lucas ain't in charge anymore. Plus that seems to be going against what literally the movies say multiple times, or at least ROTJ.

That's why I said that was the case in the Old Lucas's Canon, but I'm not sure where the new Disney Canon places Luke as of ROTJ.

Originally posted by ares834
Oh I agree. Heck, Lucas himself contradicts the quote later on as he makes some of the best duelists cyborgs and old men despite dismissing the sword fighting in the prequels because of that.

Those are different quotes that he contradicted.

The fact that he said Luke wasn't yet fully equipped to deal with Vader is proof Vader wasn't just some chump that someone can defeat with 4 years of self-training.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.