Human head transplants?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
http://www.sciencealert.com/human-head-transplants-could-be-a-reality-in-just-two-years

This is crazy stuff!!

vansonbee
oxk2ib4qm1E

AsbestosFlaygon
I doubt it will be successful. The surgeon isn't even 100% sure if any of his methods will work.

We still do not have the knowledge nor the technology to make such a grand experiment.

Technology, even to this day, is moving at a snail's pace, due to conflicting interests and human greed.
Teleportation and flying cars would've been a reality by now.

Digi
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I doubt it will be successful. The surgeon isn't even 100% sure if any of his methods will work.

We still do not have the knowledge nor the technology to make such a grand experiment.

Technology, even to this day, is moving at a snail's pace, due to conflicting interests and human greed.
Teleportation and flying cars would've been a reality by now.

Greed, in one form or another, drives most innovations. Or at the very least, funds it and makes it accessible.

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
Greed, in one form or another, drives most innovations. Or at the very least, funds it and makes it accessible. That and war, which I guess is a byproduct of greed a lot if times.

Anyway, how can they transplant a head onto another body, but can't fix paralysis? Digi, go to med school and explain this to me.

Tattoos N Scars
From other news articles on line, a Russian man is expected to have this procedure performed later this year.

wakkawakkawakka
So for this to work wouldn't there have to be a functional human body for the head to go on?

Are two people going to switch bodies or is an otherwise healthy person going to have to volunteer to die in order for someone else to get their body.

Tattoos N Scars
The donor is a brain dead man with a healthy body

Stringer
Love the black market

Q99
This is high risk of failure, high risk of huge side effects even if it doesn't fail outright (I gather him effectively being paralyzed is pretty likely)... but considering the situation still understandable.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So for this to work wouldn't there have to be a functional human body for the head to go on?

Are two people going to switch bodies or is an otherwise healthy person going to have to volunteer to die in order for someone else to get their body.

They're going to wait for someone to die of a stroke, or shot to the head, or similar.

*And* happens to be compatible.

There's a high possibility they may not be able to find a suitable body.

Mindset
Hopefully, they just find a living suitable candidate and kill them.

Can't make an omelette without murdering innocents, as I always say.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Stringer
Love the black market
Yea it's where I bought my james franco body pillow

Mindship
They've been getting ready for this for a while...

http://www.vainjayne.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Vladimir-Petrovich-Demikhov2.jpg

Tzeentch
... what the hell is that.

Mindset
God.

Shabazz916
they have a upcoming movie about brain transplants

Bentley
Originally posted by Digi
Greed, in one form or another, drives most innovations. Or at the very least, funds it and makes it accessible.

More of the latter than the former I'd say. Greed is a poor innovator but a great salesman.

Stringer
Originally posted by Mindset
God.

She has nothing to do with that.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Stringer
She has nothing to do with that.
She?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.