bad theater experience...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Olderguy
I just had the most horrible experience of my life in a theater. I went to the Westpark Regal theater to see Danny Collins. there was a loud, obnoxious guy in front of me and as the movie started, he started to describe what was happening to the lady next to him. I told the guy to shut up as I paid to watch the movie not listen to him talk. He turned around and says to me go fawk myself. I went out to the lobby to tell the customer service guy to kick the guy out and he said to me "why did you tell him to shut up"....I was astounded....that's the way you treat your customers?...I demanded a refund and my weekend was ruined. May online streaming destroy your business and job for good. That guy needs to be fired and the staff needs to be retrained.

Mindship
Next time, do this.

watch?v=TZPTHcbPuCs

Time Immemorial
Going to the movies is aweful these days.

For starters, movie theaters make their money off their concessions and not on the ticket prices, so they make sure to lure people in to buy those sodas, popcorn and noisy candy wrapped goods. Nothing worse then having a theater full of mouth breathing cow's eating junk food which is very loud.

If you cant get in the very back row on the end, its not worth going. Interestingly enough the people that get on the back row are always the most annoyingly loud and rude people too, so there is really no escape.

Where I am from they have taken it one step further and made draft houses where they actually serve food during the movie, so now instead of just dealing with people that get up to go to the restroom, you have to deal with waiters coming in and out of the rows serving food and drinks.

People are just as bad too, they don't use the restroom before the movie so they always have to get up just when something cool is happening, they talk during the whole thing, talk on phone and text and really don't care about anyone else. Of coarse the person that is with them does not care obviously and most people won't say anything, they would rather not have an incident then be distracted the whole movie by rude people.

Digi
I used to work at a movie theater back in HS. It was a pretty chill place. Obviously it's too expensive for it to be worth it to go terribly often. But when it was free as an employee (+2 guests), especially for a broke HS kid, it was a conveniently cheap social life.

SayWhat
I would not have said anything to your fellow patron. I would have gone up to the theater manager and stated this guy is talking in the theater and said he would kick anyone's butt who told him to be quiet and that you fear for your safety and the other patron's safety. Have the cops called and have him hauled off. You gotta be a bit more clever than shushing someone and that could get your butt kicked out in the parking lot later on. Just call the cops and have him/her jacked up.

Stringer
I was in a movie theater in Colorado watching the dark night rises. It was a chilling experience.

Henry_Pym
I go to the movies early on a Saturday (11am-1pm) and I've never had any issues.

I hate going to day 1 showings or busy hours, and to add on to the OP, if you take your babies to a midnight premiere I honestly hope you die in a fire... And your kids are raised by smarter people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.