Darth Bane & Darth Zannah vs. Darth Maul & Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Bane as of Dynasty of Evil.
Zannah as of Dynasty of Evil.

Maul as of Son of Dathomir.
Dooku as of Revenge of the Sith.

Battle takes place on Dathomir.

Trocity
All trolling aside, team 2 stomps.

Stigma
Maul and Dooku stomp.

Emperordmb
Team one wins.

Stigma
in their dreams.....

In reality, team 1 gets stomped thumb up

carthage
team 2 stomps

Stigma
Originally posted by carthage
team 2 stomps
thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by Trocity
All trolling aside, team 1 stomps.

Emperordmb
thumb up

Stigma
^ LOL, no.

Dooku can solo tbh.

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
thumb up

You don't even bother to back up your opinions. laughing out loud

ILS
The power of the "thumb up" supersedes a well constructed argument any day of the week.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
The power of the "thumb up" supersedes a well constructed argument any day of the week.
thumb up

Nephthys
Bane can hold these two off while Zannah mind-****s one of them for the easy kill. Then the other is toast.

Emperordmb
Given the location, a tendril**** is also a possibility, but Zannah will hardly need to resort to that.

Stigma
Originally posted by Nephthys
Bane can hold these two off
wut?

Badabing
This thread isn't even 1 page long and I'm getting reports. Stop trolling and flaming.

Nephthys
Well ok, nevermind.

carthage
Amped Maul was powerful enough to Send Grievous smashing through a stone wall. He could quite easily ragdoll Zannah. Bane would get stomped in a duel by either with little difficulty

DarthAnt66
Badabing just rickrolled me.

Clever.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Given the location, a tendril**** is also a possibility, but Zannah will hardly need to resort to that.

Interesting thought, can a non-Witch draw on Dathomir?

Trocity
How is DoE Bane going to hold off Dooku and Maul when he couldn't even beat Zannah 1 on 1?

Nephthys
Well I imagine he'd use his Force abilities and lightsaber skills. I don't understand what you're asking.

ILS
He's asking, on what planet are his Force abilities and lightsaber skill sufficient to hold them both off at the same time. I thought that was kind of obvious.

Nephthys
Ah.

Um, Dathomir is the planet this takes place on. Sorry for not clarifying that.

|King Joker|
LMFAO

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
He's asking, on what planet are his Force abilities and lightsaber skill sufficient to hold them both off at the same time. I thought that was kind of obvious.
There is no such planet.

ILS
Ah.

Um, Dathomir is the planet this takes place on. Sorry for not clarifying that. Yes yes, very good.

Bane gets his shit pushed in by Maul and Dooku at the same time. I'm sorry it had to come to this, Neph.

carthage
The idea that he can fight two high tier duelists at once is lolworthy.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Yes yes, very good.

Bane gets his shit pushed in by Maul and Dooku at the same time. I'm sorry it had to come to this, Neph.

No he doesn't. Ventress showed us that a duelist can fight two opponents who are individually better than her for a while if that's your thinking. Bane really just needs to survive a few attacks considering how fast Zannah can use her mental attacks, if that. The two would engage him, maybe each gets some strikes off and then Dooku/Maul starts screaming and flipping the **** out for the half-second it takes for Bane to take advantage and end him.

And then the other dies.

Or maybe Bane blasts both of them with a lightning storm. They starting blocking it and then one of them gets hit with a mind-lovin'. His lightsaber flips out of his hand and he gets fried.

And then the other dies.

Emperordmb
Or they break off into 2 1v1s, in which case team 1 wins either way.

ILS
I wasn't aware that Ventress' feats translate over to Bane now?

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
I wasn't aware that Ventress' feats translate over to Bane now?

There seems to be a lot you're not aware of, yes. There's no need to point that out to use, we know.

Stigma
Ventress has better sabers feats than Bane, though.

ILS
There seems to be a lot you're not aware of, yes. There's no need to point that out to use, we know. Jesus, you really are deluded, aren't you?

Good for Ventress is she can hold up the Skywalker/Kenobi duo. Give me a ring when Bane manages something along those lines. Until then, I'd continue strumming baldies a**hole in private.

carthage
He beat Kas'im with a nexus, and killed guards with couches while amped. He's obviously not the most competent duelist and either one of team 2 eclipse him in saber skill and force power. This should honestly be locked for a mismatch.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage
He beat Kas'im with a nexus, and killed guards with couches while amped. He's obviously not the most competent duelist and either one of team 2 eclipse him in saber skill and force power. This should honestly be locked for a mismatch. Leave the thread if you think then, baby.

Stigma
He's right, though.

ILS
Originally posted by Stigma
He's right, though. That's why him leaving would be convenient. Hence Badabing's presence within 30 seconds of the threads creation laughing out loud

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Jesus, you really are deluded, aren't you?

Good for Ventress is she can hold up the Skywalker/Kenobi duo. Give me a ring when Bane manages something along those lines. Until then, I'd continue strumming baldies a**hole in private.

Deluded like a fox! Bane is a better duelist than Ventress is. Faster, stronger, much more powerful, with superior technical skill. He has extremely good defensive ability, remember? He could easily hold them off for the miniscule amount of time he needs to. Personally, since I'm so deluded I of course think he can solo these two. But I'm generously giving your position the benefit of the doubt for the sake of conversation.

You didn't even try to rebut my point that Bane would need to do precious little tanking for this plan to work considering Zannah can fire off a mind-spell near instantly. All he needs is half a second of them dealing with him for this to work. Since he isn't going to get blitzed by either of theses two it's well within his ability to run interference with his lightsaber of force abilities.

carthage
Badabing doesn't know the EU, so its understandable he can't lock a thread that's an unintentional mismatch. Obviously, anyone aside from any of the Bane fans- team 2 has more powerful force users and more skilled duelists. Bane and Zannah have never beaten anyone aside from losers like Kas'im or Set Harth, they wouldn't last a second in a duel with guys who can fight Mace Windu, Obi Wan, or other high tier duelists.

Nephthys
There's no reason to lock the thread if many posters don't agree it's a mismatch. Go away carthage, you've been warned about shitting on Bane threads.

Stigma
Deluded like a fox! Bane is a better duelist than Ventress is. Faster, stronger, much more powerful, with superior technical skill.
Oops.

I foresee this thread developing into Ventress vs. Bane saber fest.
Ventress wins that, imho.

ILS
Deluded like a fox! Bane is a better duelist than Ventress is. Faster, stronger, much more powerful, with superior technical skill. He could easily hold them off for the miniscule amount of time he needs to. Personally, since I'm so deluded I of course think he can solo these two. But I'm generously giving your position the benefit of the doubt for the sake of conversation. If Bane really was a better duelist than Ventress - someone who can hold off Obi-Wan and Anakin for some time by herself - you likely would have opened with some feats to suggest he could last against team 2 by himself, instead of taking something another character has done and falsely assuming it applies to Bane.

Essentially, if he has the feats to suggest he can hold off Maul and Dooku all by himself, then by all means, present them.
Can you read? I haven't even mentioned Zannah thus far laughing out loud

carthage
There's no reason to lock the thread if many posters don't agree it's a mismatch. Go away carthage, you've been warned about shitting on Bane threads.

Shitting on him? Again show me a single feat that puts Bane above Dooku stomping Sora Bulq, beating Kenobi and Anakin, holding his own against Yoda, and having accolades calling him one of the greatest duelists in the Jedi order or most skilled Sith in history? I'm sorry you can't handle the fact Bane can't compete with high tier Sith. Other than LOL LIGHTNING AND MINDHAXX, you haven't really presented a good argument for team 1.

Its really sad that Bane is always pitted against high tier duelists

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
If Bane really was a better duelist than Ventress - someone who can hold off Obi-Wan and Anakin for some time by herself - you likely would have opened with some feats to suggest he could last against team 2 by himself, instead of taking something another character has done and falsely assuming it applies to Bane.

Essentially, if he has the feats to suggest he can hold off Maul and Dooku all by himself, then by all means, present them.

Can you read? I haven't even mentioned Zannah thus far laughing out loud

You already know his feats. I was trying to appeal to your better judgement by using an example you might actually pay attention to. Clearly a mistake on my part, I seem to have just riled you up.

You know his feats. His strength, speed, power and skill is well within range to hold out for a few seconds.

I don't see why that's a failing on my part as opposed to one on yours.

ILS
You already know his feats. I was trying to appeal to your better judgement by using an example you might actually pay attention to. Clearly a mistake on my part, I seem to have just riled you up.

You know his feats. His strength, speed, power and skill is well within range to hold out for a few seconds. Sure, I'm aware of them. I guess I just overestimated you when I assumed you'd be able to articulate exactly why they elevate Bane above Ventress.

Clearly I have been riled up, and not the DMBEmpire who have called a mod in simply because Bane - a fictional character - is losing another thread laughing out loud

And I agree, Bane would hold out for a few seconds. And then he would lose. thumb up
I'd call debating someone on a point they didn't even bring up a fail any day of the week laughing out loud

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
Clearly I have been riled up, and not the DMBEmpire who have called a mod in simply because Bane - a fictional character - is losing another thread laughing out loud what

ILS
Originally posted by |King Joker|
what Originally posted by Badabing
This thread isn't even 1 page long and I'm getting reports.

|King Joker|
And you assume it's DMBE members, because...?

ILS
And you assume it's DMBE members, because...? You have got to be kidding me.

I mean...
Go away carthage, you've been warned about shitting on Bane threads. I don't know else it would be outside of the official Darth Bane cult itself...

Nephthys
I didn't report carthage in this thread. I simply asked him to stop threadshitting when he started asking about closing it.

Originally posted by ILS
Sure, I'm aware of them. I guess I just overestimated you when I assumed you'd be able to articulate exactly why they elevate Bane above Ventress.

Clearly I have been riled up, and not the DMBEmpire who have called a mod in simply because Bane - a fictional character - is losing another thread laughing out loud

And I agree, Bane would hold out for a few seconds. And then he would lose. thumb up

I'd call debating someone on a point they didn't even bring up a fail any day of the week laughing out loud

I articulated exactly why, he's stronger, faster, more powerful and more technically proficient than her. How much more articulated do you need it to get? Should I draw pictures? stick out tongue

I know. Your childish attempts at ridicule are becoming tiresome. Maybe you should take a break and calm down a bit.

So you concede my point? Thank you. Bane and Zannah win in that case.

Considering my entire point was that Bane only needed to play defense for Zannah, failing to consider Zannah herself is rather silly of you. Bordering on flat out incompetence. No offense.

Stigma
Ok, so can we all agree that Dooku and Maul stomp and move on, please.

This thread is really getting out of hand.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
You have got to be kidding me.

I mean...
I don't know else it would be outside of the official Darth Bane cult itself...
Doesn't mean any DMBE members reported someone. And contrary to popular belief not all DMBE members are apart of an official... "Darth Bane cult." *sigh*

Pretty sure carthage & friends have reported some of these types of threads before for being spite threads. So I wouldn't rule them out, either. But whatever.

Stigma
Pretty sure carthage & friends have reported some of these types of threads before for being spite threads. So I wouldn't rule them out, either. But whatever.
I haven't reported anyone yet, but I'm gonna report you soon for being a pain in the a$$. stick out tongue

ILS
I didn't report carthage in this thread. I simply asked him to stop threadshitting when he started asking about closing it.

I articulated exactly why, he's stronger, faster, more powerful and more technically proficient than her. How much more articulated do you need it to get? Should I draw pictures? stick out tongue

I know. Your childish attempts at ridicule are becoming tiresome. Maybe you should take a break and calm down a bit.

So you concede my point? Thank you. Bane and Zannah win in that case.

Considering my entire point was that Bane only needed to play defense for Zannah, failing to consider Zannah herself is rather silly of you. Bordering on flat out incompetence. No offense. If it wasn't you, it was one of your acolytes Happy Dance

Anyone can post baseless declarations. I was asking you to cite feats and then explain why they're impressive enough to suggest Bane can "hold off" Maul and Dooku at the same time. Or solo them, as you suggested he could do earlier.

I appreciate your concern, but honestly, I'm fine. thumb up Not so sure about you tho, matey.

No, I don't concede that Bane can survive for three seconds against Maul and Dooku. I support that notion. I disagree that he can "hold them off", a phrase commonly utilized to describe someone lasting more than a few seconds, as I'm sure you're aware.

Again, I don't care about Zannah. Your wording just sucked. On the bright side, Bane has finally been reduced from someone who can disintegrate Obi-Wan Kenobi with lightning, to someone who promptly loses to Maul and Dooku combined. Natural order = restored thumb up

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
No, I don't concede that Bane can survive for three seconds against Maul and Dooku. I support that notion. I disagree that he can "hold them off", a phrase commonly utilized to describe someone lasting more than a few seconds, as I'm sure you're aware.
Bingo. thumb up

Seriously, Dooku can solo this.

|King Joker|
I haven't reported anyone yet, but I'm gonna report you soon for being a pain in the a$$. stick out tongue You do that. thumb up

Stigma
LOL I'm kidding, c'mon now.

BTW I will reserve the report button for a better use in future butt-hurt-Bane debates.

carthage
Doesn't mean any DMBE members reported someone. And contrary to popular belief not all DMBE members are apart of an official... "Darth Bane cult." *sigh*

I didn't flag this, I left it up to unbiased posters who know the EU to actually do that. But yes this is technically a mismatch in favor of team 2 and should be locked as per the rules.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
If it wasn't you, it was one of your acolytes Happy Dance

Anyone can post baseless declarations. I was asking you to cite feats and then explain why they're impressive enough to suggest Bane can "hold off" Maul and Dooku at the same time. Or solo them, as you suggested he could do earlier.

I appreciate your concern, but honestly, I'm fine. thumb up Not so sure about you tho, matey.

Again, I don't care about Zannah. Your wording just sucked. On the bright side, Bane has finally been reduced from someone who can disintegrate Obi-Wan Kenobi with lightning, to someone who promptly loses to Maul and Dooku combined. Natural order = restored thumb up

You'd have to ask them.

In PoD Bane solo'd a dozen Tuk'ata at once easily. This was at a point after he'd just left the Korriban academy to go tombraiding, at which point he still believed himself no match of Kas'im and laughed at the idea. Clearly he was nowhere even close to his peak. Not even close to his peak for that book.

In 23 BBY (one year before the clone wars), a pack of ten Tuk'ata gave trouble to Anakin, Obi-wan (who was stated in 33 BBY to be one of the best Jedi in the Order), Ferus Olin (whose a serious rival of Anakin's in terms of ability), Siri Tachi (whose a peer of Obi-wan's), Soara Antana (whose a stated "legendary lightsaber virtuoso, who is better than any other Jedi there), one other Jedi Master, and two other Jedi Padawans. Anakin even got injured taking on one of em 1v1.

Yoda even lost one of his Kybuck's to Tuk'ata while wandering around on Korriban, "leaving his heart heavy."

Luke, Jaina, Ben, and Vestara even came across a group of over a dozen Tuk'ata that Ben thinks would've been too much for the four of them, though Luke thinks he, Jaina, and Ben could handle them but not in time to stop Vestara from escaping.

Credit goes to Emperordmb for pointing this out.

This is one feat that was easy for me to repost and contextualise. You already know his other feats such as blowing sabers out of a Jedi Masters hand, ripping doors off their hinges, moving fast enough that a room of Sith couldn't see him, moving fast enough to appear to wield a dozen sabers at once, block a rainstorm for a dozen minutes, producing an impenetrable offense, being skilled enough to counter everything Kas'im could throw at him and blah blah you already know all of this. In strength and speed he matches and perhaps exceeds what Maul and Dooku have done. In skill he is able to match a person who perfected every lightsaber form, to the point where he was able to dominate the guy in a strict lightsaber duel and instantly counter whatever he could do and seize the advantage. His defense is clearly extremely potent and well able to weather what Dooku and Maul can throw at him. And his feats of power such as utter disintegrating opponents, tearing through 30-meter tall blast doors, obliterating the temple of ancients and others put him easily in and above the league of Maul and Dooku. That he could hold his own against them for a scant few seconds is readily apparent.

I'm fine, just a little bored is all.

So you support the very notion I was trying to establish? You simply assumed I meant for some time, despite the fact that I explicitly stated otherwise on multiple occassion. I'm seriously reconsidering just how much you're truly bordering incompetence now.

My wording did not suck. I very clearly said "Bane really just needs to survive a few attacks" and I repeatedly mentioned Zannah and explained her significance in my posts. That you are too lazy to actually read the words I write does no-one any disservice but yourself. And if you actually could recall something someone said more than a few minutes ago you'd remember that I pointed out that I was merely humoring your position and I in no way suggest that Bane would lose to Maul and Dooku, promptly or otherwise.

WildBantha88
You'd have to ask them.

In PoD Bane solo'd a dozen Tuk'ata at once easily. This was at a point after he'd just left the Korriban academy to go tombraiding, at which point he still believed himself no match of Kas'im and laughed at the idea. Clearly he was nowhere even close to his peak. Not even close to his peak for that book.

In 23 BBY (one year before the clone wars), a pack of ten Tuk'ata gave trouble to Anakin, Obi-wan (who was stated in 33 BBY to be one of the best Jedi in the Order), Ferus Olin (whose a serious rival of Anakin's in terms of ability), Siri Tachi (whose a peer of Obi-wan's), Soara Antana (whose a stated "legendary lightsaber virtuoso, who is better than any other Jedi there), one other Jedi Master, and two other Jedi Padawans. Anakin even got injured taking on one of em 1v1.

Yoda even lost one of his Kybuck's to Tuk'ata while wandering around on Korriban, "leaving his heart heavy."

Luke, Jaina, Ben, and Vestara even came across a group of over a dozen Tuk'ata that Ben thinks would've been too much for the four of them, though Luke thinks he, Jaina, and Ben could handle them but not in time to stop Vestara from escaping.

Credit goes to Emperordmb for pointing this out.

This is one feat that was easy for me to repost and contextualise. You already know his other feats such as blowing sabers out of a Jedi Masters hand, ripping doors off their hinges, moving fast enough that a room of Sith couldn't see him, moving fast enough to appear to wield a dozen sabers at once, block a rainstorm for a dozen minutes, producing an impenetrable offense, being skilled enough to counter everything Kas'im could throw at him and blah blah you already know all of this. In strength and speed he matches and perhaps exceeds what Maul and Dooku have done. In skill he is able to match a person who perfected every lightsaber form, to the point where he was able to dominate the guy in a strict lightsaber duel and instantly counter whatever he could do and seize the advantage. His defense is clearly extremely potent and well able to weather what Dooku and Maul can throw at him. And his feats of power such as utter disintegrating opponents, tearing through 30-meter tall blast doors, obliterating the temple of ancients and others put him easily in and above the league of Maul and Dooku. That he could hold his own against them for a scant few seconds is readily apparent.

I'm fine, just a little bored is all.

So you support the very notion I was trying to establish? You simply assumed I meant for some time, despite the fact that I explicitly stated otherwise on multiple occassion. I'm seriously reconsidering just how much you're truly bordering incompetence now.

My wording did not suck. I very clearly said "Bane really just needs to survive a few attacks" and I repeatedly mentioned Zannah and explained her significance in my posts. That you are too lazy to actually read the words I write does no-one any disservice but yourself. And if you actually could recall something someone said more than a few minutes ago you'd remember that I pointed out that I was merely humoring your position and I in no way suggest that Bane would lose to Maul and Dooku, promptly or otherwise. This thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
This thread is interesting.

red8
Bane could power through Dooku just like Anakin did.
Zannah could mind-rape him just like Talzin did.

Not sure if Dathomir is a Dark Side nexus or not. If it is, then Bane's death field and Zannah's tendrils are much more impressive than Dooku owning Ventress.

Beniboybling
While I don't wish to add to the already evident Bane wankery that goes on on these forums. I have to disagree that Ventress is a better duelist than Bane.

Ventress is an evidently an accomplished warrior, but I think she falls short of high level mastery. Luminari Unduli described her style as "unrefined, amateurish, sloppy." An obvious use of Dun Moch, but proven true when Dooku absolutely schools her in lightsaber combat.

Darth Bane has received no such slights, and no such embarrassing defeats, and I would find it laughably if anybody claimed Dooku could defeat Bane in such a manner. Instead Bane was trained by one considered among the greatest Sith duelists in the galaxy, and even the greatest lightsaber duelist who ever lived. He was a master of multiple lightsaber forms and his style was not only powerful, but highly refined, fast and transitioned seamlessly from form to form.

In regards to his accomplishments? Before his prime Bane defeated Kas'im, a legendary lightsaber duelist and master of all seven forms. He held off three battle meditation amped Jedi on Tython, one of whom a Jedi weapons master and considered the most skilled lightsaber duelist in the Order, to whom he even managed to outmaneuver. And finally he dismantled the defenses of Darth Zannah, a master of the Soresu form to which she had dedicated herself absolutely to, and even bolstered her defensive ability with a saberstaff.

It is quite obvious that Bane is not only a highly accomplished, master saber duelist, but is also capable of contending with multiple opponents at a time. So Neph is making a more than reasonable comparison with Ventress, an evidently inferior duelist and inferior Force User.

However what ILS and others have failed to prove, is that Dooku and Maul are capable of dismantling Bane-tier duelists in less than a few seconds? You say Neph is talking out of her ass, and yet when has Maul or Dooku ever defeated a duelist of Bane's calibre so swiftly? This seems rather unsubstantiated.

Beniboybling
Regardless I don't believe Bane and Zannah are likely to win. For one both Maul and Dooku are intelligent and observant duelists, neither is going to allow Bane to distract them while Zannah starts casting spells, and indeed Bane would have to be far more skilled with a saber and more powerful in the Force to detain both Maul and Dooku, one of them will get past and engage Zannah, and Bane won't be able to stop them.

But in the instance that they do both end up engaging Bane, let's not forget that Maul has an incredibly resilient mind, from which I believed a telepath died merely by looking in to it, and Dooku is a powerful Force user with an extensive knowledge of the Force that easily rivals that off Bane's. Both of them will be of course caught of guard and left vulnerable, but both have the strength to withstand the attack.

Now of course you might argue, "but Bane had specials knowledge!" Well he didn't really, he learnt that there is basically no special knowledge to defend against Sith magic, only good old fashioned willpower.

And even then, Zannah's magic only works on one target, and it leaves her immobile while the spell takes effect, all it would take is for either Maul or Dooku to interrupt her.

So yeah, Zannah's magic will fail and Dooku and Maul will dismantle them.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
This thread is interesting. ikr?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Regardless I don't believe Bane and Zannah are likely to win. For one both Maul and Dooku are intelligent and observant duelists, neither is going to allow Bane to distract them while Zannah starts casting spells, and indeed Bane would have to be far more skilled with a saber and more powerful in the Force to detain both Maul and Dooku, one of them will get past and engage Zannah, and Bane won't be able to stop them.

But in the instance that they do both end up engaging Bane, let's not forget that Maul has an incredibly resilient mind, from which I believed a telepath died merely by looking in to it, and Dooku is a powerful Force user with an extensive knowledge of the Force that easily rivals that off Bane's. Both of them will be of course caught of guard and left vulnerable, but both have the strength to withstand the attack.

Now of course you might argue, "but Bane had specials knowledge!" Well he didn't really, he learnt that there is basically no special knowledge to defend against Sith magic, only good old fashioned willpower.

And even then, Zannah's magic only works on one target, and it leaves her immobile while the spell takes effect, all it would take is for either Maul or Dooku to interrupt her.

So yeah, Zannah's magic will fail and Dooku and Maul will dismantle them.

Well Dooku is, Maul is kind of an idiot. He's been caught over and over again by his arrogance. I have little doubt that he'll want to fight Bane given his constant need to prove he's the best fighter around. And Bane has the Force powers to hold up both his opponents and lock them down imo. Massive Force Waves, Lightning Storms, Ionic fields, barriers and other tricks could allow him to force both of them to focus on him briefly and have to ignore Zannah for a second or two. Not to mention his sabers abilities. And all it would take is a split-second for one of them to freeze up under Zannah's attack for Bane to lash out with the Force or his lightsaber to take them out of the fight or severely hurt them.

Okay well definitely disagree here. Neither Maul or Dooku have what it takes for resist Zannah's spell, which was more than able to bring Bane to his knee's despite his insane resilience and mental fortitude. Recall that Kaan was able to mentally influence dozens, maybe hundreds of Sith Lords at once and yet PoD Bane laughed off his attempts to affect him. Also both Dooku and Maul have personal shit thats mad jacking them up, Dooku's personal issues with Yoda and other stuff (did you see how nuts he was in DR?) and Maul from being abandoned by Sidious and Savage and Talzin's deaths and some other stuff as well. And Dooku's knowledge doesn't rival Bane's, come on. He has everything from Nadd, Revan and Darzu. Revan and Nadd are two of the most knowledgeable Sith ever. But yeah, it only needs to make them vulnerable.

And Bane's willpower eclipses Dooku and Mauls. He's resisted so much that it's a little absurd. Look at how Dooku was writhing around from Talzin's spell. Remember, Zannah's attack is super fricking painful and these two aren't as good with pain as Bane is.

Zannah will be out of range though, compared to her more melee inclined opponents. She has a better chance of protecting herself than the person she's using her spell on at least.

Also someone brought up the point about the tentacles. Zannah could summon them at which point it's basically game over. Dooku and Maul can't dodge the tentacles and deal with Bane's force attacks at the same time.

S_W_LeGenD
Team 1, IMO.

Nephthys
http://static.tumblr.com/451e9501cbbc3a99cbf0a655e6d6f9a5/jtg8rbl/GZAnk2785/tumblr_static_2tql1sw9j7qco4s4wcos80g8s.gif

Stigma
And Bane's willpower eclipses Dooku and Mauls. He's resisted so much that it's a little absurd.
Huh? Maul "resisted" being cut in half.

Also someone brought up the point about the tentacles. Zannah could summon them at which point it's basically game over.
Proof she can do it on Dathomir?

Nephthys
Huh? Maul "resisted" being cut in half.

Proof she can do it on Dathomir?

By Maul's own admission that was because of techniques that Sidious had taught him, not his willpower.

Is there not a darkside presence there.

Stigma
By Maul's own admission that was because of techniques that Sidious had taught him, not his willpower.
Huh? Don't remember that. Did he say it outright in TCW?
Is there not a darkside presence there.
There is. But then again, we can assume Dooku and Maul get an amp too.

Nephthys

There is. But then again, we can assume Dooku and Maul get an amp too.

Yeah. I think he also says it in a comic.

If you want. But they can't pull off anything like the tentacles.

WildBantha88

There is. But then again, we can assume Dooku and Maul get an amp too. it doesn't really matter if they get the same amp because Bane and Zannah get special attacks from the amp. Bane gets death fields and Zannah gets tendrils. And I would like to point out that just being touched lightly by tendrils is some of the most painful shit someone can feel. Bane, who has had acid run through his veins for a decade, been electrocuted, and been subject to Zannahs mind spells, noted that tendrils hurt worse than anything he had ever felt before and the pain nearly made Darth Bane pass out.

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

Good reasoning.

Darths Bane and Zannah do seem to take better advantage of nexus setting then members of Team 2.

carthage
Originally posted by Beniboybling
While I don't wish to add to the already evident Bane wankery that goes on on these forums. I have to disagree that Ventress is a better duelist than Bane.

Ventress is an evidently an accomplished warrior, but I think she falls short of high level mastery. Luminari Unduli described her style as "unrefined, amateurish, sloppy." An obvious use of Dun Moch, but proven true when Dooku absolutely schools her in lightsaber combat.

Darth Bane has received no such slights, and no such embarrassing defeats, and I would find it laughably if anybody claimed Dooku could defeat Bane in such a manner. Instead Bane was trained by one considered among the greatest Sith duelists in the galaxy, and even the greatest lightsaber duelist who ever lived. He was a master of multiple lightsaber forms and his style was not only powerful, but highly refined, fast and transitioned seamlessly from form to form.

In regards to his accomplishments? Before his prime Bane defeated Kas'im, a legendary lightsaber duelist and master of all seven forms. He held off three battle meditation amped Jedi on Tython, one of whom a Jedi weapons master and considered the most skilled lightsaber duelist in the Order, to whom he even managed to outmaneuver. And finally he dismantled the defenses of Darth Zannah, a master of the Soresu form to which she had dedicated herself absolutely to, and even bolstered her defensive ability with a saberstaff.

It is quite obvious that Bane is not only a highly accomplished, master saber duelist, but is also capable of contending with multiple opponents at a time. So Neph is making a more than reasonable comparison with Ventress, an evidently inferior duelist and inferior Force User.

However what ILS and others have failed to prove, is that Dooku and Maul are capable of dismantling Bane-tier duelists in less than a few seconds? You say Neph is talking out of her ass, and yet when has Maul or Dooku ever defeated a duelist of Bane's calibre so swiftly? This seems rather unsubstantiated.

Bane is one of the most mediocre duelists in Sith history. Dooku and Maul have fought vastly superior opponents (Mace Windu, Obi Wan Kenobi, Sora Bulq, Qui Gon Jinn, Asajj Ventress, General Grievous). All of these are individuals who would utterly stomp Bane in a lightsaber duel, Bane hasn't even won a duel without being amped by a nexus and most of his opponents are either featless or incompetent.

AncientPower
I feel like Bane & Zannah's amped feats make them very deadly against conventional Force users.

carthage
Zannahs tendrils yeah.

The Merchant
Maul and Dooku slaughter really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.