Plagueis vs. Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Both at their peak.

Neuitral setting.

No amp/prep time.

Who wins?

NewGuy01
Why?

carthage
Hego

Stigma
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Why?
Because I can. crackers

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
Hego

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Stigma
crackers
I didn't know this existed. Beautiful.
---
1.) Darth Plagueis in sabers.
2.) Revan overall in the Force.
3.) Revan with much difficulty.

Hero of Python
I don't think we've seen Revan's peak yet tbh.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Hero of Python
I don't think we've seen Revan's peak yet tbh.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii296/Valoo834/Revanchrist.jpg

Hero of Python
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

cool

red8
Hego

NTJack0
Revan gets bent over and brutalized.

Revanchiste
I already make this topic let me reup mine !!!
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=610332&from=thread&pagenumber=1#post15149108

Revan victories in the imaginaverse :
Notable VictoriesEdit

Darth Plagueis (Star Wars)

SDKverse (Samurai Deeper Kyo)

Negimaverse (Negima)

Sith Lord Gauntlet (Star Wars) (clears the gauntlet, possibly barring the likes of Exar Kun)

For plagueis :
http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, durability, stamina, endurance, precognition/prescience, Force enhanced reflexes/reactions, telepathy, telekinesis, clairvoyance, illusion creation, telekinetic blasts and shields, aura sensing, enhanced senses and perceptions, mind/memory manipulation, various lightsaber combat skills, skilled swordsman, skilled unarmed combatant, energy manipulation (can reflect, redirect, and absorb energy attacks thrown at him), midi-chlorian manipulation (through which he could heal wounds, revive the dead, and even create new life itself ), immortality (type 1 and 3 ), able to mask his presence in the Force from others, Force Lightning, Force Scream, Sith Alchemy

Weakness: Nothing notable (though his midi-chlorian manipulation isn't perfect, he can still suffocate to death)

Notable Attacks/Techniques

-Force Lightning: An offensive Force technique that uses Force energy to produce electricity with one or two hands that stream outwards from the fingertips, its speed is usually great enough to catch an opponent off-guard even when prepared, and can be used either in bursts, or simply torrent out in an a gush of agony on its victim.

-Force Scream: Plagueis unleashes a force enhanced scream.

-Telekinesis: Plagueis can use this through the Force to put his mind literally over matter, capable of blasting opponents, shielding himself or disarming people, its limits are only those of the creativity that Force User has. His prowess with this power was great enough to atomize his opponents.

-Telepathy: Can easily manipulate others mentally with the Force to trick, deceive, maim or even kill outright. Can also use this power externally or internally when it comes to illusion creation, manifestation and manipulation.

-Tutaminis: Can use this ability to protect himself from direct harm or disperse energy and attacks. Plagueis was skilled enough with this power that he could even absorb the energy of his opponents attacks and channel the energy he absorbed into attacks of his own.

NB Revan is also a tank too :

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, durability, stamina, endurance, precognition/prescience, Force enhanced reflexes/reactions, telepathy, psychometry, telekinesis, clairvoyance, illusion creation, telekinetic blasts and shields, aura sensing, enhanced senses and perceptions, mind/memory manipulation (has ripped from and implanted an entire language into the remnants of the Rakatan species to communicate with them), regeneration (mid-low; in the form of Force Healing), various lightsaber combat skills, skilled swordsman, skilled unarmed combatant, expert marksman, martial arts knowledge, energy manipulation (can reflect, redirect, and absorb energy attacks thrown at him), Force Drain, Force Lightning, matter manipulation on a subatomic scale (as per creating a Holocron, it requires one to make numerous precision alterations to it on a subatomic scale), capable of using both the Dark and Light Sides of the Force, predicating attacks through muscle memory, extremely skilled military leader (conquered most of the galaxy less then two full years after defeating the Neo-Mandalorian Crusaders)
Negimaverse (Negima)

S_W_LeGenD
Both can win or loose depending upon circumstances.

WildBantha88
Unless Revan is possessed by Vitiate while standing on a dark side nexus, Plageuis dismisses him with a gesture

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Unless Revan is possessed by Vitiate while standing on a dark side nexus, Plageuis dismisses him with a gesture
This assertion doesn't sits well with your history of reasoning ability and assessments. You underestimate Revan way too much.

Plagueis, realistically, cannot dismiss Revan with a gesture. This is a tough fight for both.

ares834

Heh. Glad that's still making the rounds.

Lord Stark
Plagueis murks. He's like Vitiate with amazingly overwhelming saber skills.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Plagueis murks. He's like Vitiate with amazingly overwhelming saber skills.
Vitiate >>> Plagueis

Lord Stark
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate >>> Plagueis

http://i.imgur.com/V4xJW6d.png

"Plagueis was the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived."

Col. Valerian
Where'd that quote come from?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Where'd that quote come from?

The back cover of the Plagueis book.

Col. Valerian
Lol really? Never noticed. What level of canon is that?

Lord Stark
IDK at least C imo.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111027002711/starwars/images/thumb/0/01/Darthplagueis-back.jpg/322px-Darthplagueis-back.jpg

Col. Valerian
I'ma read that shit again.

S_W_LeGenD
http://i.imgur.com/V4xJW6d.png

"Plagueis was the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived."
That is a strictly marketing hype or perception of an author, and therefore utterly subjective. I have reservations about its credibility due to following reasons:

Reason 1

Why you should ignore the superlatives on book jackets.

Reason 2

Here is a statement from 'within' the book Star Wars: Darth Plagueis:

If a Sith of equal power had preceded him, then that one had taken his or her secrets to the grave, or had locked them away in holocrons that had been destroyed or had yet to surface.

Reason 3

Star Wars: Darth Plagueis is an utterly outdated source to consider for the matters of Vitiate. Novels also tend to present 'point of view' of characters regarding galactic events within the lore. We can assume that not much is known about Vitiate in galactic history or the archives are incomplete. The great war between the ancient Republic and the Empire may have resulted in significant loss of archives on both sides and future generations may have been forced to rely on assumptions about many ancient developments.

As neutral observers, we can notice that Vitiate have superior showings then Plagueis. Furthermore, Vitiate's most powerful hype not just covers his standing as a Sith in the grand scheme of things but also as a generic practitioner of the dark side and Force-user.

Reason 4

There is apparently a lack of consensus in matters of most powerful characters of the Star Wars among the authors and contributors to the lore at official capacity. For example, author James Luceno believes that Darth Plagueis will defeat Darth Sidious in a duel.

AncientPower
Can we please not ignore the fact that:

1. Plagueis wonders if Naga Sadow and Exar Kun had truly been more powerful and then trashed both of their feats immediately after.

2.They mention Vitiate directly as the one who had gotten closest to immortality, but make it clear he was not some all powerful Dark Lord greater than themselves.

3.C-canon, G-canon...blah, blah, blah. You either follow Legends in a discussion or Canon in a discussion. There is no cherry picking in objective debates, the back-cover of the Darth Plagueis novel is sound and valid, as is all the others.

The Merchant
Been a while since I've read Plagueis, and I do remember him saying that if Sadow and Kun were stronger or that if the Dark side was more powerful during those days, but what did he do that trashed both of their feats? I know he has feats like changing Naboo's climate with his force energies and I do agree that Plaguies is above them. Plagueis also beats Revan as well, much faster combat speeds and much better TK feats.

Sinious

For example, author James Luceno believes that Darth Plagueis will defeat Darth Sidious in a duel.

Wow really?

AncientPower
TPM Sidious keep in mind.

Nephthys
Lol really? Never noticed. What level of canon is that?

N-canon. Blurbs aren't canon.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Sinious
Wow really?
Yes.

Originally posted by AncientPower
Here:

In truth, Palpatine was well versed in the ways of the Force, having been apprentice to Darth Plagueis the Wise, a Sith Lord who was a master of arcane and unnatural knowledge. In true Sith tradition, Palpatine murdered his Master upon receiving the skill and ability to do so.

Source: The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

&

Sidious served for many decades as the apprentice of Darth Plagueis, learning diligently at the feet of his Master. Once he possessed all of Plagueis' secrets, he retired him.

Source: Insider #88: Heritage of the Sith

&

"My own Master, Darth Plagueis, made the grave error of teaching me too much, at which point he became unnecessary." (Darth Sidious)

&

Darth Sidious: In secret he masters the power of the dark side, while publicly climbing to the highest government office.

Source: Star Wars: Darth Plagueis

---

TPM argument makes no sense to me. Sidious was around 50 years old and master of the dark side during this time.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
N-canon. Blurbs aren't canon.

According to who?

"he majority of Expanded Universe stories, including novels, comics, video games, and other content originating from other authors. C-canon material could be elevated to G-canon if a subject appeared in a Lucas project."

Whether its the author's opinion or not its as canon as Vitiate's very existence.

S_W_LeGenD
According to who?

"he majority of Expanded Universe stories, including novels, comics, video games, and other content originating from other authors. C-canon material could be elevated to G-canon if a subject appeared in a Lucas project."

Whether its the author's opinion or not its as canon as Vitiate's very existence.
Plagueis > Sidious as well because James Luceno said so.

What you seem to miss is that the said author may not have ample knowledge of Emperor Vitiate at the time of his penning the novel; revelations in the novel certainly affirm this argument. SWTOR content have considerably expanded since the release of Star Wars: Darth Plagueis.

Nephthys
According to who?

The blurbs don't originate from the authors and it's not their opinion. Its just something the people who published the book put on the back to sell it better.

Revanchiste
Pffffffffff....

Sinious
Originally posted by AncientPower

Oh I thought he meant ROTS or saber peak Sidious.

Lord Stark
Plagueis > Sidious as well because James Luceno said so.

What you seem to miss is that the said author may not have ample knowledge of Emperor Vitiate at the time of his penning the novel; revelations in the novel certainly affirm this argument. SWTOR content have considerably expanded since the release of Star Wars: Darth Plagueis.

Yes its generally agreed that Plagueis>TPM Sidious. Also Luceno never outright says Plagueis>Sidious only that it'd be a toss up.

I doubt the author has no say on what's on the back of the book. Luceno's thoughts on Sidious vs. Plagueis confirm this.

Sinious
Tbf if Plagueis being the strongest ever was actually the case as the blurb suggests, it would've been mentioned in the book at least once. IIRC, it isn't mentioned at all.

ares834
The blurbs are hyperbolic and, at times, contradict the book themselves. They are not canon.

ares834
Tbf if Plagueis being the strongest ever was actually the case as the blurb suggests, it would've been mentioned in the book at least once.

Uh no... Not true at all.

S_W_LeGenD
es its generally agreed that Plagueis>TPM Sidious. Also Luceno never outright says Plagueis>Sidious only that it'd be a toss up.
Whether we consider Sidious as of TPM or ROTS, it makes no difference. Sidious is officially implied to have further grown in power during DE era.

Sinious
Originally posted by ares834
Uh no... Not true at all.

Why not?

Col. Valerian
Yeah, I really doubt the author has no say whatsoever on what goes in the back of the book.

ares834
Why not?

Are you serious?

Lord Stark
Yeah, I really doubt the author has no say whatsoever on what goes in the back of the book.

I think that the blurbs should be taken with some weight. Obviously a contradiction of the novel itself would be enough to call it into question, but the writer's own comments kind of change that. Afterall the fact that Plagueis and Sidious could solo the Jedi Council is ridonculous.

Sinious
Are you serious?

I'm afraid I am.

Nephthys
I doubt the author has no say on what's on the back of the book. Luceno's thoughts on Sidious vs. Plagueis confirm this.

Karpyshan said theres no say, and since he is an author who's written 4 SW novels.....

Lord Stark
Karpyshan said theres no say, and since he is an author who's written 4 SW novels.....

When did he say that?

Nephthys
When did he say that?

Where else? In one of Ants stalker e-mails.

ares834
I'm afraid I am.

Then your logic is completely flawed. It's a non-sequitur. The conclusion does not follow the premise.

Just because he wasn't called the most powerful Sith in the novel, does no mean he isn't. That simple really.

DarthAnt66
Where else? In one of Ants stalker e-mails.
They aren't really "stalker" emails, but yeah. thumb up

Sinious
Then your logic is completely flawed. It's a non-sequitur. The conclusion does not follow the premise.

Just because he wasn't called the most powerful Sith in the novel, does no mean he isn't. That simple really.

LOL then I guess you misunderstood what I said. I meant that if the blurb was actually true, it would've been backed by the novel itself. This isnt a logic I'd apply in different occasions.

ares834
And that too is a non-sequitur.

Don't get me wrong though, blurbs are obviously hyperbolic/non-canon and I don't believe Plags is the most powerful Sith ever.

Nephthys
Didn't Bane also get a "most powerful eVAR" blurb?

Col. Valerian
Well, that's that then. Still, Plagueis is extremely skilled with a lightsaber and extremely powerful with the Force. Although it's safe to assume Revan is also amazingly skilled with a lightsaber, he doesn't have saberfeats, only all-out. It could go either way, but I'm not willing to lean towards anyone in a Plagueis versus (unless it's obvious) until I read the novel again.

ares834

Sinious
And that too is a non-sequitur.

Really? A very important detail that sounds super hyperbolic is being mentioned in the blurbs but never in the novel even though Plagueis is compared to the sith before him in many occasions in the book. I don't think I'm being illogical to expect the novel to confirm what is said in the back of it for me to take it seriously.

Yeah

DarthAnt66
Plagueis is extremely skilled with a lightsaber
lol

Nephthys

DarthAnt66
Reading interviews by James Luceno on Plagueis. This is my favorite:

"I was wondering about Yoda's line in ROTJ on not dying--"Strong am I with the force, but not that strong." Was Plagueis' ability to restore life in the novel based on his strength in the force, or his willingness to explore the "unnatural" (or a bit of both)?"

"Sidney, I believe that Plagueis's strength was based on his willingness to go as far as he needed to ..."

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Col. Valerian
lol

1.) Darth Plagueis in sabers.

So, going by your own logic, Revan isn't greatly skilled? I mean, judging by that 'lol' of yours, you think Plagueis isn't that good.

DarthAnt66
My bad, I meant to quote that entire sentence.

Col. Valerian
My bad, I meant to quote that entire sentence.

What where you loling about, then? Lol.

DarthAnt66
Well, that's that then. Still, Plagueis is extremely skilled with a lightsaber and extremely powerful with the Force. Although it's safe to assume Revan is also amazingly skilled with a lightsaber, he doesn't have saberfeats, only all-out.

Revanchiste
+ They are also pretty good ar Jar'kai, but preffer to duel with only one light saber...
Both Prefer the force over light saber skill. Both are skilled in Niman.
Both Are really good at tutaminis force speed force augmentation...
Both are amazing with lightnings. Both are amazing with TK.
Plagueis get the advantage in raw power and stamina but really nothing too fancy. Both Are able to withstand the attack of each other...

Were Revan in the other Get the tactical advantage...... Because Revan is a better tactician than Plagueis. After many Plagueis V.S thread I begin to assume than Plagueis was a good tactician but was lackiing in techniques he was able to apply.

It will be a long long long mother****ing long ass fight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Col. Valerian

When has Revan ever defeated someone with pure lightsaber skill without it actually being an all-out?

DarthAnt66
Checkout this: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revans-lightsaber-abilities-overview/97613/. wink

In terms of pure skill: Countless Mandalorians and Basilisk war droids, Mandalore, countless Echani, Darth Malak, the Terentatek, the Imperial Guard, and others.
Also, considering the hinderment of the Star Forge, using his Force powers often there would be unlikely. Same goes for his slaughter of the Sith Academy on Korriban.

Col. Valerian
Checkout this: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revans-lightsaber-abilities-overview/97613/. wink

In terms of pure skill: Countless Mandalorians and Basilisk war droids, Mandalore, countless Echani, Darth Malak, the Terentatek, the Imperial Guard, and others.

Malak? You mean their fight aboard the Star Forge? When/where was it stated to be a pure duel w/o the usage of Force powers?

Let me rephrase the question: When has Revan ever defeated a competent Force-user without it actually being an all-out?

DarthAnt66
Darth Malak - on his flagship (they fought three times, you know?). wink

Then we got Revan slaying two Terentatek, where merely one is a match for an entire squad of Jedi.
We also got Mandalore - the most powerful of the Mandalorians, and his slaughter on the Star Forge and Korriban.

Col. Valerian
Darth Malak - on his flagship (they fought three times, you know?). wink

Then we got Revan slaying two Terentatek, where merely one is a match for an entire squad of Jedi.
We also got Mandalore - the most powerful of the Mandalorians, and his slaughter on the Star Forge and Korriban.

But how can you possibly know that fight aboard Malak's flagship was purely sabers?

I'll give you the Terentatek feat, because they're Force-resistant, and the Mandalore one, too.
On the Star Forge and Korriban he wasn't using the Force in his fights?

Anyways, those are still not as impressive as Plagueis. I mean, that was my point. I think you agreed to it when you said Plagueis takes it in the sabers department, lol.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Plagueis in a close fight, IMO.

DarthAnt66
Because they specifically say it's a "lightsaber duel." thumb up

To use the light side on Korriban during that era was immensely difficult. Using it would exhaust the energies he would need for augmentation with the blade, tbh. And then the Star Forge is among the most powerful dark side nexus' in history. Given Revan canonically had struggle using his powers on Korriban, the chances he can use it on something like the Star Forge is very unlikely - especially for dozens to hundreds of "highly skilled" Dark Jedi. thumb up

Plagueis' best combat feats with a blade is fighting those primitive armies and Venamis. erm

Col. Valerian
Because they specifically say it's a "lightsaber duel." thumb up

To use the light side on Korriban during that era was immensely difficult. Using it would exhaust the energies he would need for augmentation with the blade, tbh. And then the Star Forge is among the most powerful dark side nexus' in history. Given Revan canonically had struggle using his powers on Korriban, the chances he can use it on something like the Star Forge is very unlikely - especially for dozens to hundreds of "highly skilled" Dark Jedi. thumb up

Plagueis' best combat feats with a blade is fighting those primitive armies and Venamis. erm

Rly? Can't remember. Been a while since I played KOTOR. When do they say this?

When was this stated? The Korriban part.

Then why did you believe Plagueis takes the sabers department?

DarthAnt66
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Prima Guide.

To mask my true intentions of utter destruction of Plagueis. evil face

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Plagueis>Revan ant stop trolling

DarthAnt66
Unlikely, my friend. Unlikely. wink

Col. Valerian
Well, aren't you mischievous. miffed

Didn't the author state a TPM Sidious vs. Plagueis fight would be a very close one? TPM Sidious is already among the top dogs, so that alone makes Plagueis a beast in saber combat.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It is pretty unlikely youll stop trolling imma pm the mods

DarthAnt66
Didn't the author state a TPM Sidious vs. Plagueis fight would be a very close one? TPM Sidious is already among the top dogs, so that alone makes Plagueis a beast in saber combat.
He said Plagueis would beat him, actually.
But this forum ignores statements from authors. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Embrace this, my Plagueis fanboys, and you embrace Revan too.

Your move, KMC.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It is pretty unlikely youll stop trolling imma pm the mods
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/501/come-at-me-bro.jpg

Col. Valerian
He said Plagueis would beat him, actually.
But this forum ignores statements from authors. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Naw I dont. And ima start this new trend of not ignoring author's statements.

/threadRevanFanboyismGtfo

DarthAnt66
And ima start this new trend of not ignoring author's statements.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk4AiCnMqpg&t=4m36s and onward.

Col. Valerian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk4AiCnMqpg&t=4m36s and onward.

Well played.

Plagueis FTW

DarthAnt66
You embrace Revan now as a god-like entity envisioned to defeat Force-users that can shape entire galaxies?

Very good.

Col. Valerian
You embrace Revan now as a GaryStu-like entity envisioned to lose hard to Force-users that can shape entire galaxies?

Very good.

Yes. Yes, indeed.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopdD9Cu-So&t=0m27s

Col. Valerian
You're welcome.

Lord Stark

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Vitiate's superiority over Plagueis says nothing of Revan's. Plagueis still defeats him.

carthage
Bane was strong at a time when the Sith were at their weakest due to war/loss of knowledge, its hardly an accolade that's worth anything. Its like being the guy who can count to 2 on the shortbus, Bane is pretty low ranking when it comes to powerful high tier Sith

Col. Valerian
Bane was strong at a time when the Sith were at their weakest due to war/loss of knowledge, its hardly an accolade that's worth anything. Its like being the guy who can count to 2 on the shortbus, Bane is pretty low ranking when it comes to powerful high tier Sith

According to your logic, the reality is that you can't really measure him accurately against the top dogs precisely because he was the most powerful Sith of his era by miles. So, you can't possibly know where he stands in the tiers.

How do you know that guy who can count to 2 on the shortbus can't count to 100? You don't.

Stigma
Bane was strong at a time when the Sith were at their weakest due to war/loss of knowledge, its hardly an accolade that's worth anything. Its like being the guy who can count to 2 on the shortbus, Bane is pretty low ranking when it comes to powerful high tier Sith '
TBH I always imagined Bane to be a somewhat less skilled and less powerful version of Maul, someone like, say, Savage.

Revanchiste

I have create this topic first...

Nephthys
Originally posted by Stigma
'
TBH I always imagined Bane to be a somewhat less skilled and less powerful version of Maul, someone like, say, Savage.

Dude, Savage is a LOT less skilled than Maul.

slayne
bump

victreebelvictr
Nice bump.

Plagueis wins.

Jaggarath
Revan.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Revan. Plagueis smile

gold slorg
both would tremble before Suuv Ban D'Krid vong capital ship and its unstoppable Yaret-kor plasma cannons

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Revan.

slayne
How close would it be?

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by slayne
How close would it be? It is fairly close, not extremely though.

Azronger
Plagueis one-shots Revan. And then Valpoorion.

AncientPower
Ziost utterly defecates on anything Plagueis has done, and Revan scales from it. Speaking of that, I'd advise conceding that CaV in a PM. Because you're getting man-handled.

RealistRacism
Revan embarrasses Plagueis in a duel, then breaks his mind.

gold slorg
Honestly, this is a really great fight if it's SOR Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan

StarWarsFan77
Plagueis

Vitiate
Originally posted by Azronger
Plagueis one-shots Revan. And then Valpoorion.

Ursumeles
Revan, I guess.

StarWarsFan77
Plagueis still stomps.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No.

StarWarsFan77
Yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.