Clash of the Lords

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_W_LeGenD
Team 1:

1. Emperor's Wrath (Lord Scourge)
2. Darth Malgus (False Emperor)
3. Darth Thanaton (SWTOR)
4. Darth Marr (SWTOR)

Team 2:

1. Count Dooku (ROTS)
2. Darth Maul (Clone Wars)
3. Darth Vader (ROTJ)
4. Asajj Ventress (Clone Wars; Sith apprentice)

Setting: Dark Temple in Dromund Kaas

Assumptions:

1. Sith spirits inside the Dark Temple do not interfere in the duel.

The Merchant
Team 2. Actual feats>>>Hype.

S_W_LeGenD
I believe that Darth Marr and Emperor's Wrath are not well-known in the context of abilities so following links are recommended to consult:

1. About Darth Marr (http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-marr-respect-thread/103084/)

2. About Emperor's Wrath (http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/lord-scourge-respect-thread/103145/)

carthage
Wrath could probably overpower Ventress with the force, and I'd give the nod to Malgus over Dooku and Ventress but he cant carry Thanaton and Marr

Dooku and Vader would slaughter them and then the team would stomp them both. The amp makes this almost a spite

The Merchant
To make Vader kneel Galen, a powerful force user in his own right, needed to amplify his force Lightning with Kamino's storms and the generators from Kamino's cloning facilities and aim it in a hold made by Juno Eclipse before their fight began and it's implied Vader let him do that. Earlier in the game Galen was able to charge a gun with his force Lightning to the point that it split an Imperial Star Destroyer in half. This was before Vader's prime, 5 years actually. Vader also collapses AT-AT's with the Force and even withstands their turbolaser firepower. Vader is too strong.

Sinious
If we take Marr's hype into consideration, he should be above Ventress.
Imo, Vader kills Wrath, Malgus kills Dooku, Maul kills Thanaton and Marr kills Ventress.

Vader>Malgus and Maul > Marr.

So in a good fight, team 2 wins.

Stigma
Team 2 has this.

Nephthys
Team 2

S_W_LeGenD
Team 1 will comfortably win in this contest, it have decisive advantage.

Ventress is almost a non-factor here. She is utterly outgunned and is likely to loose quickly. This would put considerable strain on Team 2.

Marr and Thanaton are easily among the strongest Sith to have ever existed. As I have noted in this thread, these two are foolishly underestimated. Thanaton, in particular, should be able to handle even Vader.

Malgus is definitely better then any member of Team 2, even Vader. He will defeat any opponent he will face. Not to forget that he can unleash Force Maelstrom and/or powerful bursts of anger in the form of screams at will to further strain Team 2 apart from the loss of Ventress.

Emperor's Wrath holds his own as well due to his immortality and exceptional dueling ability. He have killed over a thousand Sith and powerful Jedi (even multiple at times) and stalemated even HoT. Such resume is more then enough to rank him among the greatest of the Lords in history, he certainly is. He should be able to handle any member of Team 2 as well.

I don't see how Team 1 looses.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage
Wrath could probably overpower Ventress with the force, and I'd give the nod to Malgus over Dooku and Ventress but he cant carry Thanaton and Marr

Dooku and Vader would slaughter them and then the team would stomp them both. The amp makes this almost a spite
Carthage thinks a near featless Scourge can overpower Ventress? With the Force?

Weird.....

Anyway, Team 2.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Carthage thinks a near featless Scourge
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Selenial
Carthage thinks a near featless Scourge can overpower Ventress? With the Force?

Weird.....

Anyway, Team 2.

He's been using their arguments as jokes for a while, I think (Hope).

Anyway, Yeh team 2. Kinda find it funny that LeGenD makes a thread he think will be a stomp in Favor of the TOR team only for his own cronies to laugh and call it a PT win....

Nephthys
He should have used Nox, or the 2nd Wrath or Jadus.

Trocity
Originally posted by Selenial
Kinda find it funny that LeGenD makes a thread he think will be a stomp in Favor of the TOR team only for his own cronies to laugh and call it a PT win....

thumb up Puts a smile on your face, doesn't it?

Hero of Python
Gotta go with Team 2. 3 of the guys on Team 1 are below Revan 3.0, while 3 of the guys on Team 2 could probably give him a good fight and/or win.

The_Tempest
Team 1 stomps.

psmith81992
Why would this thread even be made except to shit on the PT era?

carthage
I thought he meant 2nd wrath, oops

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Team 1 will comfortably win in this contest, it have decisive advantage.

Ventress is almost a non-factor here. She is utterly outgunned and is likely to loose quickly. This would put considerable strain on Team 2_

So..... you don't find Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luminara Unduli, Ahsoka Tano, General Grevious, Savage, Maul, Fisto and Dooku impressive then? Nevermind them, you even find Mace Windu impressive?

Non-factor.Yeah right.

carthage
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Team 1 stomps.

You're honestly no less of a fanboy than the TOR people here. But whatever makes you feel better hypocrite thumb up

Col. Valerian
You're honestly no less of a fanboy than the TOR people here. But whatever makes you feel better hypocrite thumb up

I think he was joking.
But still, now saying a TOR character is more powerful than a PT one makes someone a hypocrite? PT fanboyism, pretty much? The point is to be objective, not to make it PT fans vs. TOR fans in every ****ing thread.

As for the thread, Team 2 probably takes this.

FreshestSlice
Carthage was also joking. He's been on Tempest like white on rice for awhile.

Col. Valerian
They don't like each other. I doubt he was joking.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Carthage was also joking. He's been on Tempest like white on rice for awhile.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
They don't like each other. I doubt he was joking.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why do you think they don't like each other?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anyways, I'm assuming the matchups are something like:

Thanaton vs. Ventress: Thanaton should win. While Ventress is certainly the more accomplished duelist of the two, Thanaton's force powers are too overwhelming, evidenced by his telepathic slaughtering of Act 1 Nox, (who at the time was being amped by two ancient sith spirits,) along with his lightning feats.

Marr vs. Maul: Marr is implied to be an extremely powerful sith lord, but Maul's concrete feats give him the edge here. Realistically not a stomp, though.

Scourge vs. Dooku: Dooku. While Scourge has a wide breadth of combat experience, amps, and implied ability, he's never come across an opponent that's concretely as powerful or skilled as Dooku, and won, nor has he defeated opponents on the level of those Dooku has defeated. Again, it probably isn't a stomp.

Vader vs. Malgus: Vader's sheer strength in TK is superior to Malgus's, though not by as much as most think. Vader has rarely, if ever, telekinetically manipulated or ragdolled a notably powerful force user. On the other hand, Malgus has thrown around the likes of Aryn Leneer, who ragdolled a six car tram, and survived a fall from coruscant's atmosphere via the force, (something even Orbalisk Bane struggled to do.) And then of course there's his infamous feat in which he annihilated a jedi master capable of collapsing large buildings via TK. Furthermore, all of this occurred far before Malgus peaked in power. That said, Vader's TK feats such as destroying an AT-AT, crushing TIE Fighters into balls, ragdolling enormous trees, collapsing a cathedral etc. are more impressive than Malgus's feats in the same regard. While Vader's raw TK feats are more impressive, I doubt he'll be ragdolling FE Malgus. In sabers, Vader's got the better accolades, but I may argue Malgus has the better feats. Defeating the battlemaster of the jedi order as a sith apprentice, (also being considered one of the top warriors in the empire during this time,) utterly outdueling Satele Shan, defeating Ven Zallow, (who was blitzing the most elite sith warriors in the empire,) etc. is better than defeating above average jedi, stalemating Galen Marek, stalemating Old Ben, being solidly outdueled by Maul's clone, stalemating ROTJ Luke, etc. Furthermore, Malgus's huge increase in power would point to improvements as a duelist as well due to sheer strength/speed boost. Add all this to the fact that Malgus has extremely powerful force lightning/force maelstrom, and I may very well side with Malgus, albeit in an extremely close fight.

Overall: Eh.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why do you think they don't like each other?

I've seen them engaging from time to time. Temp always criticizes Carthage in every way and considers him a troll.

Selenial
I picture it more like:

Dooku vs Thanaton - Dooku solidly
Maul vs Marr - Maul solidly
Ventress vs Scourge - Pretty much a stalemate
Vader vs Malgus - Vader in a beautiful fight.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I've seen them engaging from time to time. Temp always criticizes Carthage in every way and considers him a troll.

1. temp doesn't actually think team 1 stomps.

2. I've never seen Temp attack Carthage tbh.

3. It's easy to tell when Cart's trying to make dude's mad, this is not one of those times.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Selenial
I picture it more like:

Dooku vs Thanaton - Dooku solidly
Maul vs Marr - Maul solidly
Ventress vs Scourge - Pretty much a stalemate
Vader vs Malgus - Vader in a beautiful fight.

I like mine better, since it actually gives team one a chance. cool

Col. Valerian
1. temp doesn't actually think team 1 stomps.

2. I've never seen Temp attack Carthage tbh.

3. It's easy to tell when Cart's trying to make dude's mad, this is not one of those times.

1. I know, I said Temp was probably joking about that.

2. Look up some threads, you'll find something.

3. If Carthage believed Tempest's post to be serious and not a joke, it makes sense for him to accuse Temp of being a hypocrite, mainly because he's seen Temp argue and debate in favour of the PT characters.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. I know, I said Temp was probably joking about that.

2. Look up some threads, you'll find something.

3. If Carthage believed Tempest's post to be serious and not a joke, it makes sense for him to accuse Temp of being a hypocrite, mainly because he's seen Temp argue and debate in favour of the PT characters.

1. Gewd.

2. Temp loves Carthage and his ability to stomp others via trolling/pure facts.

3. yeah, but he's joking. He wouldn't hate the ultimate benefactor of the PT on this forum.

Col. Valerian
Meh, Cart gave me the impression that he wasn't joking. Whatevz, this is a stupid discussion, lol.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Cart gives everyone the impression that he's meticulously out to ruin someone's life.

Stupid discussions=life line of this forum.

carthage
Tempest is a sock of a loser and complete tactless TOR fanboy Gideon, he should be reported to the mode and banned for socking thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up thumb up thumb up

Col. Valerian

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
And with that, now I know for sure you were joking.

What gave it away tbh?

Col. Valerian
What gave it away tbh?

stfu

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Me
thumb up thumb up thumb up

iwin

carthage
He really is a sock. I'm not sure why that's hard to understand

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
your fanboyism of the TOR era is hard to understand

Col. Valerian
He really is a sock. I'm not sure why that's hard to understand

It's not.

carthage
Gaydeon if you're reading this a mod has been alerted to you're intrusive presence on this forum, I hope you've enjoyed your stay a KMC thumb up

FreshestSlice
Isn't he your grandfather? That traitor.

Sinious
Gaydeon if you're reading this a mod has been alerted to you're intrusive presence on this forum, I hope you've enjoyed your stay a KMC thumb up

Damn sad

Tondemonai
For me it goes like this, Scourge vs Ventress. I have to say it's not a stomp, but a comfortable win for Scourge, 1. for the fact that Scourge draws on his enemies emotions to strengthen himself, and Ventress has a history of getting blindingly emotional in fights, and that would give Scourge plenty to feed on, 2. because he has much more experience, and 3. because he's just so much more physically stronger than her, he can definitely tank harder than she can.

Next it would be Thanaton vs Dooku because they are the more Force centered people in this. In terms of sabers Dooku would clean house but Thanaton is a hard person to get close to with his knowledge of Sith Sorcery. In terms of lightning and other basic Force powers, Thanaton has a clean win, and over all I'm not sure. If Thanaton can stay at a safe distance I feel he can win pretty smoothly, but if Dooku can get in close he's toast. Overall, I'd say it could easily go either way.

I'd say Marr vs Maul is next. It's pretty easy for me to say Marr on this. Nothing Maul has done compares to the feats provided in the link.In terms of force I don't think Maul can handle Marr's FL, and in Sabers I think Marr has the edge here too, once again judging from the feats provided in the link. I have to give Marr this win.

Finallly Vader vs Malgus. This is close, I have to agree with skillz. Tk Vader is above Malgus but not by a whole lot, in terms of sabers I can't give either a big edge, but in terms of other Force powers I give Malgus the edge.

IIn conclusion I give team 1 the win, even though they have most of the wins, I'd say with some difficulty, but still a safe win.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Tondemonai
I'd say Marr vs Maul is next. It's pretty easy for me to say Marr on this. Nothing Maul has done compares to the feats provided in the link.In terms of force I don't think Maul can handle Marr's FL, and in Sabers I think Marr has the edge here too, once again judging from the feats provided in the link. I have to give Marr this win.
http://x3.cdn03.imgwykop.pl/c3201142/comment_hhIdqseQCsUZ0Kg5mduvKBeNMacyJbfu,w400.jpg

red8
Darth Thanaton solos.

The_Tempest
No, I don't dislike Carthage. He's pretty entertaining.

carthage
Originally posted by The_Tempest
No, I don't dislike Carthage. He's pretty entertaining.

But just admit you're here after being banned before thumb up.

The Merchant
Maul could be scaled from Padawan Anakin, who was able to move some giant ship and move it towards hypersonic missiles. That's better than anything the DC has done. Except for Jadus, I guess you can scale the DC members raw power from him I think.

FreshestSlice
Jadus doesn't have any showings of raw power to make such statements. He has hype, and it's not even in context.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Tondemonai
For me it goes like this, Scourge vs Ventress. I have to say it's not a stomp, but a comfortable win for Scourge, 1. for the fact that Scourge draws on his enemies emotions to strengthen himself, and Ventress has a history of getting blindingly emotional in fights, and that would give Scourge plenty to feed on, 2. because he has much more experience, and 3. because he's just so much more physically stronger than her, he can definitely tank harder than she can.

Next it would be Thanaton vs Dooku because they are the more Force centered people in this. In terms of sabers Dooku would clean house but Thanaton is a hard person to get close to with his knowledge of Sith Sorcery. In terms of lightning and other basic Force powers, Thanaton has a clean win, and over all I'm not sure. If Thanaton can stay at a safe distance I feel he can win pretty smoothly, but if Dooku can get in close he's toast. Overall, I'd say it could easily go either way.

Finallly Vader vs Malgus. This is close, I have to agree with skillz. Tk Vader is above Malgus but not by a whole lot, in terms of sabers I can't give either a big edge, but in terms of other Force powers I give Malgus the edge.

IIn conclusion I give team 1 the win, even though they have most of the wins, I'd say with some difficulty, but still a safe win.
Finally, a voice of reason. Me likes.

Jadus doesn't have any showings of raw power to make such statements. He has hype, and it's not even in context.
Read: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/darth-jadus-respect-thread-1658552/

FreshestSlice
Definitely didn't change what I said at all.

The Merchant
He does have one feat and that's surviving the destruction of his ship. I dunno how the other members can be scaled but if Jadus really is 2nd strongest in the Empire the other 3 should be lower than him. Maul like I said can be scaled from Padawan Anakin who has feats of moving giant ships with his TK, Dooku I dunno much about but Vader>>>>>>anyone else's feats on team 1.

Nephthys
Lol. Malgus is easily on Vader's level.

Tondemonai
Finally, a voice of reason. Me likes.

Read: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/darth-jadus-respect-thread-1658552/

Thank you, I often think the same of your post's as well. :P

red8
I believe that Darth Marr and Emperor's Wrath are not well-known in the context of abilities so following links are recommended to consult:

1. About Darth Marr (http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-marr-respect-thread/103084/)

2. About Emperor's Wrath (http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/lord-scourge-respect-thread/103145/)

This quote doesn't seem to make sense.

I assumed Malgus was above Marr (at least the FE version of him). What puts Marr above Malgus? Also, I'd imagine that Vitiate is a more powerful combatant than Marr, so the "second to none" part seems to be figurative at best and outright false at worst.

laughing

Anyways, I think this battle is difficult to call because of the different assumptions of what tier everyone is at. Perhaps we should have a topic that maps characters from one era to another tier-wise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.