Vitiate vs. Revan and HoT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting: Dromund Kaas.

All at their peak.

Neither gets prep time.

ROUND 2: The team is joined by peak Scourge.

Who wins?

Hero of Python
We still don't know the peak of Vitiate or HoT but given what we know now and how it played out in the Revan book...

Round 1: HoT, unlike Exile, can battle Vitiate directly. A full powered Vitiate is too much for her, but with Revan they win with massive amounts of difficulty.

Round 2: Team wins with moderate amounts of difficulty.

AncientPower
What gives you the idea the Exile couldn't kill Vitiate? She could have done so through a simple lightsaber throw if she had chosen to.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's saying that the exile would have been hilariously slaughtered if she tried to battle The Emperor directly.

Nephthys
Originally posted by AncientPower
What gives you the idea the Exile couldn't kill Vitiate?

Lol.

AncientPower
Except for the fact he would be dead if she had chosen differently. Is she on his power level? no one of the era is. Does this make him invulnerable? Hardly.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's saying that if the exile straight up battled vitiate without catching him off guard, she's get slaughtered. Thought that was fairly obvious.

Nephthys
Except for the fact he would be dead if she had chosen differently. Is she on his power level? no one of the era is. Does this make him invulnerable? Hardly.

erm

He wasn't aware of her, was utterly focused on Revan and was completely off guard. What part of that says she can stand against him in a direct confrontation?

AncientPower
Which is irrelevant because she doesn't and didn't have to, neither did T7 as a matter of fact. My statement is correlated to the assertion that fighting Vitiate directly is a great decision maker in this battle, his own combat record says otherwise.

Nephthys
Hero of Python was specifically talking about the HoT being capable of directly challenging Vitiate and that the Exile couldn't. You pointing out an example of her attacking him while he's off-guard has no relevance to Python's point.

AncientPower
You aren't getting the part where I am wondering why that is relevant in a multi-combatant fight against 'Revan' Vitiate.

Col. Valerian
...Because in a versus forum you sorta have to assume the opponents are aware of each other...?
And we're not talking about Revan Vitiate.

Anyways, the Team takes both rounds. It's never been stated or cleared up exactly how weakened was Vitiate when he faces HoT in the JK storyline. I think Revan + HoT would be able to defeat him. Adding peak Scourge just makes the battle a little less difficult for them.

Arhael
Either fighter has a chance to take out Vitiate on neutral ground. Against two there is no chance.

Oh, it is at Dromund Kaas. Well, team win anyway.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Hero of Python

Round 1: HoT, unlike Exile, can battle Vitiate directly.

Says who? confused

Hero of Python
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Says who? confused

Says me.

But really, I don't remember all of Exiles feats in the book, but in the canon Kotor 2 story her best victories are against two beings who she is super effective against (Nihilus and Traya) and a guy who is technically immortal but has so much self doubt and inner suffering that he's convinced to end himself.

Act I HoT has better feats than that. This coming from someone who liked Kotor 2 more than 1. I usually played dark side though, and I will say that dark side Exile has far more impressive feats than her light side counterpart, such as toying with Old Republic council members.

Hero of Python
Originally posted by Nephthys
Hero of Python was specifically talking about the HoT being capable of directly challenging Vitiate and that the Exile couldn't. You pointing out an example of her attacking him while he's off-guard has no relevance to Python's point.

Yup. I love the Exile but I don't know if she survives against Emperor's Wrath, let alone even a weakened Vitiate.

NewGuy01
You misinterpret me. I'm saying neither of them can fight a full powered Vitiate directly.

Col. Valerian
I think they could.

Sinious
No they can't.

btw, Ancient Power went full retard in this thread(no offense man) big grin

Col. Valerian
Nobody knows for certain exactly how weakened Vitiate was when HoT faced him.

DarthAnt66
All that matters is he was immensely weakened.

Nephthys
Well..... it's never actually said that it's immensely.

Hero of Python

Yeah. It was more like Scourge knew the Emperor's tendencies and knew when he'd be inbetween amping rituals. So it's not like he was a chump when HoT defeated him, just at a disadvantage due to Scourge's intel on him.

Jmanghan
Didn't Revan 3.0 stomp the H.O.T. and Satele as well as a few others? Vitiate was immensely weakened.

(I know by canon, the H.O.T. wins, but not before getting ragdolled like a little ***** by Revan in a cutscene.)

DarthAnt66
No, he was a chump.

Canon says Revan is Hero's superior, lol.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Didn't Revan 3.0 stomp the H.O.T. and Satele as well as a few others? Vitiate was immensely weakened.

(I know by canon, the H.O.T. wins, but not before getting ragdolled like a little ***** by Revan in a cutscene.)

Nope, Revan only blasts the team with TK in the Empire cutscene.

DarthAnt66
And then during the fight Revan ragdolls them. thumb up

Hero of Tython vs Asajj Ventress. Discuss!

Nephthys
You seem mad.

DarthAnt66
Sorry babe.

Watching "Beyond Scared Straight."
Dumbasses get me mad sometimes. wink

Jmanghan
Nope, Revan only blasts the team with TK in the Empire cutscene.

Uh, no. Because you can clearly see Satele in the scene where the protag gets ragdolled, nice try though.

Nephthys
Uh, no. Because you can clearly see Satele in the scene where the protag gets ragdolled, nice try though.

Uh, yes?

pECjxNnUhJw

Satele fights in both storylines. So does Marr.

DarthAnt66
What's the discussion here, lol?

Jmanghan
Well... ****...

I should do more research before I go jumpinv the gun like that.

Though I'd like to point out that I have never beaten an SWTOR storyline, grinding is boring and stupid.

DarthAnt66
Yeah, each storyline has unique cutscenes. In the Republic, Revan kills a handful of soldiers instantly.
Though, unless Neph is suggesting Nox's defense is inferior to the Hero, this argument is pointless.

Nephthys
That is what I'm suggesting yes.

Though not really, all I said was that Revan didn't pwn the HoT in a cutscene. Which is true. The above just happens to also be true.

DarthAnt66
I didn't even know that thought was possible.

No, he pwned him in the fight - like I said (but jam disagreed).
He pwned the Wrath or Nox in cutscenes, which is more impressive.

Nephthys
What's Nox gonna hit him with that Vitiate couldn't?

Well I don't have enough info to concretely contradict that but you seem to be wrong from the video's I'm watching. That seems like gameplay mechanics. Regardless, a momentary force choke doesn't mean superiority.

Col. Valerian
Yeah, 'canon' says it took the entire Pub/Imp Squad to take down HK, too... Imo it's a bad way to judge any of the main character's power. Also, it wasn't necessarily HoT.

Sinious
Vitiate was immensely weakened. He proved how vastly superior he normally is to HoT when he stomped him a short time ago in his Space Station. However, HoT still pulled off something impressive since Vitiate was still powerful enough to collapse a huge part of the Dark Temple. That should say something about HoT's TK as well.

Lord Stark
Uh, yes?

pECjxNnUhJw

Satele fights in both storylines. So does Marr.

Wow its incredibly frustrating to watch Scourge there and Revan not even so much as comment about him.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Sinious
Vitiate was immensely weakened. He proved how vastly superior he normally is to HoT when he stomped him a short time ago in his Space Station. However, HoT still pulled off something impressive since Vitiate was still powerful enough to collapse a huge part of the Dark Temple. That should say something about HoT's TK as well.

HoT grows more powerful after that, though. And it's important to note nobody was prepared for Vitiate or even knew what he was capable of. The second time around, HoT came prepared and knew what he was up against. And as I've said a couple of times, we don't know exactly how weakened Vitiate was. It's always unclear and ambiguous. Besides, even a Vitiate in the state he was against HoT is still one of the most powerful beings in the mythos. His defeat speaks volumes of HoT's power and skill. If not defeat him, SoR Revan and HoT should at the very least be able to give normal-state Vitiate the fight of his life (and that's saying something cause he's more than a thousand ****ing years old).

Hero of Python
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
HoT grows more powerful after that, though. And it's important to note nobody was prepared for Vitiate or even knew what he was capable of. The second time around, HoT came prepared and knew what he was up against. And as I've said a couple of times, we don't know exactly how weakened Vitiate was. It's always unclear and ambiguous. Besides, even a Vitiate in the state he was against HoT is still one of the most powerful beings in the mythos. His defeat speaks volumes of HoT's power and skill. If not defeat him, SoR Revan and HoT should at the very least be able to give normal-state Vitiate the fight of his life (and that's saying something cause he's more than a thousand ****ing years old).

Yeah, they were seriously unprepared in Act II. Mostly thanks to idiot Tol Braga's cliched "this is the best collection of talent ever, we have zero to worry about" monologues.

Act III Vitiate is definitely weaker (thanks to Scourge planning it), but give the Act II Strike Team intel on Revan's encounter with Vitiate and they...hey..wait a minute...didn't they HAVE that intel from the Maelstrom?!

Damn you Tol Braga.

Col. Valerian
Still, they foolishly underestimated Vitiate and paid the price for it.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Hero of Python
Yeah, they were seriously unprepared in Act II. Mostly thanks to idiot Tol Braga's cliched "this is the best collection of talent ever, we have zero to worry about" monologues.

Act III Vitiate is definitely weaker (thanks to Scourge planning it), but give the Act II Strike Team intel on Revan's encounter with Vitiate and they...hey..wait a minute...didn't they HAVE that intel from the Maelstrom?!

Damn you Tol Braga.

Nah they shouldn't. There's dialogue with the HoT at the Malestrom post- their mission right? I'd bet act II's finale takes place before the Malestrom.

Col. Valerian
Rofl I just realised you are Mizukage Yoda. kinda

Lord Stark
Rofl I just realised you are Mizukage Yoda. kinda

It has been many a year since I have gone by that name excellent

AncientPower
Originally posted by Sinious
No they can't.

btw, Ancient Power went full retard in this thread(no offense man) big grin

It looks like everyone has failed to see my point, Vitiate can trash all three of them in a direct fight at full power, so their ability or lack thereof is irrelevant. In essence all that matters is their ability to kill him, not directly fight him which none of them actually can.

Arhael
What AnicentPower says is that Vitiate can't multitask. He is an incompetent combatant that gets away with superior power until someone is good enough to resist his attacks.

NewGuy01

Pretty strongly implied when Vitiate curbs the Hero and a team of similarly capable Jedi, though.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Arhael
What AnicentPower says is that Vitiate can't multitask. He is an incompetent combatant that gets away with superior power until someone is good enough to resist his attacks.
This is a misconception. Vitiate can multitask. Have.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Lord Stark
It has been many a year since I have gone by that name excellent

It can't have been that long, I was already active here before you made the switch.

And Valerian, that smiley is amazing and I'm stealing it.

FreshestSlice
More like Valyrian.

Selenial
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate can multitask. Have.

confused confused

Placed into google translate, came up with nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It can't have been that long, I was already active here before you made the switch.

And Valerian, that smiley is amazing and I'm stealing it.

Eh it was about 2 years ago. kinda

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Selenial
confused confused

Placed into google translate, came up with nothing. Anyone got any ideas?
LeGenD still doesn't know the difference between have and has, I take it?

Sinious
It looks like everyone has failed to see my point, Vitiate can trash all three of them in a direct fight at full power, so their ability or lack thereof is irrelevant. In essence all that matters is their ability to kill him, not directly fight him which none of them actually can.

And no one said Vitiate is invulnerable. However, in the scenario that's been discussed he is aware of all his enemies so Meetra wouldn't get the same chance.

AncientPower
He can't handle all of those enemies at once. He has displayed a severe lack of precognition and laughable tunnel vision in his fights. Only when he has been able to prepare sufficiently has he taken down multiple opponents I.E HoT, Tol Braga and Co.

A full power HoT and Revan can certainly defeat him via discrations, just as Meetra Surik have done.

Col. Valerian
Except that distractions are not implied in a versus thread.

AncientPower
This is a battle and he has shown that he tunnel visions on one powerful opponent leaving himself open to the attacks of others. This is perfectly logical reasoning in a versus thread.

Col. Valerian
You mean in Revan?

AncientPower
Indeed, unless he has prep they just divide his efforts and kill him.

Col. Valerian
He was completely unprepared in that fight; he didn't know even what the **** was going. It is assumed that in a versus thread every opponent knows who/what he/she is facing. It's not like Vitiate thinks he's fighting only Revan and isn't aware of HoT's participation in the battle.

And once the actual fight has begun and Vitiate knows who he's fighting, I seriously doubt he'd lower his guard foolishly by focusing on one opponent only while leaving the other completely alone.

AncientPower
He is completely unprepared in this one as well, Revan charges him and meets him in a Force battle then HoT closes the gap and engages him. As soon as sabers are drawn it's over for Vitiate.

In the Revan novel fight which this versus thread is alluding to we see that Vitiate engages Revan and both T3-M4 & Surik nearly kill him because he is tunnel visioning on the most powerful there.

Col. Valerian
No prep does not equal 'not even noticing or acknowledging the other opponents', as he does in the novel.

I do agree that Revan and HoT have a definite chance of winning this tho.

AncientPower
Vitiate knew of all four of them, don't forget his Imperial Guard engaged them beforehand and he can see through them. He was very well prepared for their attack and still managed to tunnel vision on Revan despite the Jedi's incoming allies.

Col. Valerian
Damn, I forgot about the guards. What the ****, Karpyshyn? Why would a Sith as competent and intelligent as Vitiate commit such a ridiculous mistake? erm

Sinious
He can't handle all of those enemies at once. He has displayed a severe lack of precognition and laughable tunnel vision in his fights. Only when he has been able to prepare sufficiently has he taken down multiple opponents I.E HoT, Tol Braga and Co.

A full power HoT and Revan can certainly defeat him via discrations, just as Meetra Surik have done.

1) Vitiate didn't have prep against the jedi strike team.

2) You're taking PIS too seriously against the character to lowball him. What about ROTJ Vader & Sidious vs ROTJ Luke? Luke gets tortured by him and Vader changes side and throws Sidious down the reactor shaft and kills himself in the process. So Luke wins. Is this a logical argument to you?

AncientPower
Yes he did, Scourge fought an entire battle beforehand. No it wouldn't be logical, however ignoring that Vitiate has a bad track record against multiple opponents even when prepared would be just as illogical.

Nephthys
There's no way Vitiate would ever ignore the Hero, his "most hated enemy" who he knows is prophecised to kill him, or Revan the guy who personally pissed him off and challenged him directly and resisted him for 300 years. Or Scourge who personally betrayed him and lied to his face for centuries. He ignored T3 because its a freaking astro-droid and utterly beneath his attention and he wasn't aware Meetra was free to attack him.

Arhael
People keep saying prep prep. Prep is non-existant. Unleasing lightning or mind domintation does not require prep.

Sinious
Yes he did, Scourge fought an entire battle beforehand. No it wouldn't be logical, however ignoring that Vitiate has a bad track record against multiple opponents even when prepared would be just as illogical.

So you literally have no proof and are simply saying that having the time to prep = having prep. Why don't you apply that logic in different cases? Every time one side expects the other, does it mean that they have prep? Absolutely not.

LMAO on the contrary, Vitiate is perfect against multiple opponents. The most powerful attack he has displayed so far is an areal attack. Try again.

That bad track record you are talking about is pure PIS and I've given you examples of similar cases but again you don't apply the same logic to them for some reason.

Col. Valerian
Still, not being aware of Meetra is imo a mistake on Karpy's part (like so many he's committed). There's no way a Sith of his caliber wouldn't be aware of everything during a battle.
Anyway, yes. There's also no way he ignores or becomes unaware of Revan or HoT, mostly because he has a history with both of them.

Stigma
Vitiate walks into HoT"s saber that was teleported by Revan.

Sinious
Nvm

Jmanghan
Revan can definitely hold off Vitiate long enough for HOT to do some serious damage.

FreshestSlice
There's no way Vitiate would ever ignore the Hero, his "most hated enemy" who he knows is prophecised to kill him.
Having a vision doesn't make you a prophet, and he's clearly ignored all those examples you've given in the past.

Col. Valerian
When has he ignored Revan, HoT or Scourge?

DarthAnt66
He ignored the Hero and Scourge countless times in the expansions.

IIRC, he only acknowledged the Hero individually once.

Col. Valerian
Hero's 'the Emperor's greatest enemy'. Why would he ignore his greatest enemy in a straight up duel?

DarthAnt66
Because the Emperor doesn't consider Revan a true threat - you think he gives two flying ****s about the Hero?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Because the Emperor doesn't consider Revan a true threat - you think he gives two flying ****s about the Hero? Thats really stupid of him to not consider him a true threat, considering he's nearly on his level.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Having a vision doesn't make you a prophet, and he's clearly ignored all those examples you've given in the past.

Vitiate himself see's futures in the Hero that he says he can't allow to happen.

Because the Emperor doesn't consider Revan a true threat - you think he gives two flying ****s about the Hero?

He hates the Hero more than anyone, bro. erm

Plus I'm sure he sees the guy who killed him as more of a threat than the pussy he's repeatedly owned and brought him back to life.

Col. Valerian
Yeah... The fact that he hates the Hero should tell you everything.

DarthAnt66
Oh, you mean the guy who stalemated him for three hundred years and mentally influenced him to stop a war he took a thousand years preping for?
Or the guy who came so close to killing him that he had to establish the Emperor's Voice to prevent something like that ever happening again?

The quote saying he hates the Hero is ridiculously outdated, and now actually completely contradicted. Educate yourself on lore by reading this:
"I have decided that life is more interesting with you in it. If you wish to keep railing against me, then so be it. Your interference changes nothing."

Vitiate hates the Hero so much he finds him interesting and amusing. laughing out loud

FreshestSlice
Vitiate himself see's futures in the Hero that he says he can't allow to happen.

That, again, is not what prophesied means. It's just a vision like any other.

Nephthys
Oh, you mean the guy who stalemated him for three hundred years and mentally influenced him to stop a war he took a thousand years preping for?
Or the guy who came so close to killing him that he had to establish the Emperor's Voice to prevent something like that ever happening again?

The quote saying he hates the Hero is ridiculously outdated, and now actually completely contradicted. Educate yourself on lore by reading this:
"I have decided that life is more interesting with you in it. If you wish to keep railing against me, then so be it. Your interference changes nothing."

Vitiate hates the Hero so much he finds him interesting and amusing. laughing out loud

Bro, that was a pitiful attempt to save face over him getting his ass kicked again and it's pretty transparent.

The Hero was Vitiate's most hated enemy by Act ****ing 2 dude, when all she'd done was beat him while he possessed Kira. He was crazed with rage after she'd killed him.

Why would Vitiate see Revan as more of a threat when he knows he can kick his ass, compared to the guy who's beaten him multiple times, killed him and who he can foresee killing him?

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
That, again, is not what prophesied means. It's just a vision like any other.

I don't see that as a relevant difference and neither does Vitiate. It's still a massive deal to him.

DarthAnt66
I accept your concession.

Why do you continue to preach that the Vitiate in 3.0 is the same one as seen in ****ing Act 2? The gradual change of Vitiate's character is undeniable and canonical.
The Vitiate shown in 3.0 doesn't even care for destroying the galaxy anymore. no expression They are hardly even the same characters.

Considering Revan is far more powerful and Vitiate's defeats against the Hero are completely and utterly circumstantial, many plausible arguments can be formed..

FreshestSlice

I don't see that as a relevant difference and neither does Vitiate. It's still a massive deal to him.
It's relevant because you're acting like the HoT is some type of end all hero, which from literally everything since Act III onwards is not supported. What I fail to see is how this is relevant to the point of how Vitiate will combat them.

Nephthys
I accept your concession.

Why do you continue to preach that the Vitiate in 3.0 is the same one as seen in ****ing Act 2? The gradual change of Vitiate's character is undeniable and canonical.
The Vitiate shown in 3.0 doesn't even care for destroying the galaxy anymore. no expression They are hardly even the same characters.

Considering Revan is far more powerful and Vitiate's defeats against the Hero are completely and utterly circumstantial, many plausible arguments can be formed..

How is that a concession? It's obvious he's faking amusement to cover for him losing to her yet again.

Why would Vitiate hate the Hero less post-death than he does well before it? 911, logic police? The Hero turns his Wrath, stops his big important ritual, kicks his ass and murders him in the heart of his capital. He spends months throwing a tantrum in spirit form over her.

Revan lost to him badly twice in a row, was his b*tch for 300 years, died like a loser and then stayed living just long enough to be Vitiate's pawn again like a chump. Vitiate laughs in his face in SoR.

Who cares if they are circumstantial? He still hates the Hero way more than he does Revan and she's done way more harm to him then he ever did and poses the greater threat to him.

DarthAnt66
It's obvious he's faking amusement to cover for him losing to her yet again.

Okay yeah, I'm done here - no point is discussing with someone who repeats their exaggerated arguments every post with even more bullshit. thumb up

Nephthys
Canonically, the Hero can appear on a TV, throw out some weakass burns and still piss Vitiate off enough to get him to flip his shit.

Compare that to Vitiate laughing at Revan failing one last time.

DarthAnt66
"flip his shit"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8xDOXVVj58&t=2m47s
---
This is an excellent blog idea though. :mmm: I should do it.

The_Tempest
Can't help but notice the love has died here.

Nephthys
Looks angry to me. And it worked. Something Revan wouldn't know about.

DarthAnt66
Considering in alternative storylines, a Republic solider can do the same thing and get the same expression from Vitiate, it actually disproves your point.

The_Tempest
Ant, what's your problem with Neph? Cliffs-notes version, if you please.

Nephthys
No, it just proves that a Vitiate hates any of the protags more than he does Revan. Which makes sense, they've all been more effective than him.

DarthAnt66
@The_Tempest: He silly.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Ant, what's your problem with Neph? Cliffs-notes version, if you please.

I don't suck Revans dick.

DarthAnt66
No, it just proves that a Vitiate hates any of the protags more than he does Revan. Which makes sense, they've all been more effective than him.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18rs1xteibau4gif/k-bigpic.gif

The_Tempest
I don't suck Revans dick.

Ok. And what's your problem with him?

The_Tempest
BTW, Star Wars Celebration confirmed that SWTOR and its expansions aren't canon. thumb up

DarthAnt66
No one said they were canon in the first place. erm Can I have a link though?

DarthAnt66

Nephthys
Ok. And what's your problem with him?

He's kind of a dick and he gets really touchy over some stuff. But I don't have a serious problem against him tbh.

The_Tempest
You said they were canon or quasi-canon or somesuch. I just wanted to shoot that down. A bit of schadenfreude tbh. excellent

carthage
BTW, Star Wars Celebration confirmed that SWTOR and its expansions aren't canon. thumb up

That was kind of common knowledge you know when they retconned the EU?

Derp.

DarthAnt66
I said they were between Canon and Legends - which they are now confirmed they are. Thanks!

The_Tempest
I said they were between Canon and Legends - which they are now confirmed they are. Thanks!

It's confirmed they're not canon, that's all. thumb up

DarthAnt66
"Their own universe."

The_Tempest
"Their own universe."

Yeah, their own storylines, characters, settings... doesn't mean it's under its own umbrella.

DarthAnt66
Being their independent universe means it's under its own umbrella.
Though, it doesn't really matter. We both interpret a vague line differently.

DarthAnt66
"Revan returns and travels to a very iconic Yavin IV to go to battle and release the actual Emperor, one we thought who was defeated not long ago. The player is pulled into this struggle of two of the most powerful Force users, like ever, in the history of the Old Republic, if not beyond - Revan and the Emperor."
--Head Writer of BioWare, 4/18/2015

Concession accepted, Nephbae. Note that by Old Republic, he means the era itself. Like, he says Naga Sadow as a character from the Old Republic and the like.

The Merchant
Holy crap that's awesome.

AncientPower
"Revan returns and travels to a very iconic Yavin IV to go to battle and release the actual Emperor, one we thought who was defeated not long ago. The player is pulled into this struggle of two of the most powerful Force users, like ever, in the history of the Old Republic, if not beyond - Revan and the Emperor."

Concession accepted, Nephbae. Note that by Old Republic, he means the era itself. Like, he says Naga Sadow as a character from the Old Republic and the like.

Very interesting, though I think we already knew that just by feats.

carthage
The Hero really has gone down, tbh.

Hero of Python

Anyone who MMOs could have predicted this. Revan is the big hero we piddling raiders assist in order to beat the big bad. Which I'm absolutely fine with, despite the fact that it makes the HoT an order of magnitude weaker than I once suspected.

I doubt they have this big Revan/Vitiate operation any time soon though. It'll come out when Bioware begins fearing that EA might pull the plug.

Col. Valerian
I don't think the HoT has gone down tbh. Just that Revan has gone up. Vitiate still says the Hero is 'immensely powerful'. That is a huge accolade coming from one of the most powerful Sith in the mythos. And he did defeat him. Even though he was weakened, defeating someone as massively powerful as Vitiate is better than most Jedi have to their name.

Jmanghan
I don't think the HoT has gone down tbh. Just that Revan has gone up. Vitiate still says the Hero is 'immensely powerful'. That is a huge accolade coming from one of the most powerful Sith in the mythos. And he did defeat him. Even though he was weakened, defeating someone as massively powerful as Vitiate is better than most Jedi have to their name.

By that logic, Revan is basically on Vitiate's level, and we all know that's not true.

Col. Valerian
Not really, unless you considered Revan to be significantly more powerful than HoT even before 3.0 was released. I didn't.

Jmanghan
If Revan went up, and H.O.T. stayed the same, then since apparently H.O.T. wasn't that far behind Vitiate himself, considering he defeated him (albeit while he was weakened, but regardless, he was still beaten). That woukd mean Revan would be on Vitiate level.

Jmanghan
Because, as of 3.0, Revan is on a whole tier above H.O.T.

Nephthys

Concession about what? What am I supposed to be seeing here?

If Revan went up, and H.O.T. stayed the same, then since apparently H.O.T. wasn't that far behind Vitiate himself, considering he defeated him (albeit while he was weakened, but regardless, he was still beaten). That woukd mean Revan would be on Vitiate level.

The HoT did get better in SoR, by dealing with their past trauma and recovering the memories of her servitude to Vitiate and his training. Before then she was still infected by his darkness, afterwards she was whole.

SunRazer
We already knew Vitiate and Revan were two of the most powerful characters of their era.

That new quote's nothing, lol. I think we can stop overblowing it.

Nephthys
Exactly. I don't understand what people are excited for. Its just more of Ant jumping the gun.

SunRazer
What was the debate about, anyway? lol

Nephthys
I think he was just trying to prove Revan is better than the Hero of Tython. Not as part of any specific debate. Earlier in the thread though we were arguing over who Vitiate hates more and sees as a bigger threat, Revan or the HoT.

SunRazer
Did you think the Knight > Revan or something?

Nephthys
Yes.

SunRazer
Not in Force, but probably a match for Revan in blades.

DarthAnt66
Hey Nova.
---
The quote implies Revan is on the same playing field as Vitiate, and that the player character is getting pulled into events bigger than them. thumb up

Nephthys
That... sure is an interpretation!

DarthAnt66
It's not if you watch the stream and see how it is presented verbally.
Even people like Selenial admit they present Revan on Vitiate's playing field.

The_Tempest
You're both right and wrong. The quote implies but does not require parity between the two parties.

DarthAnt66
Debatable considering how they presented the content said afterwards.

I'll get you a link and see what you think, Temp. thumb up

Nephthys
It's not if you watch the stream and see how it is presented verbally.
Even people like Selenial admit they present Revan on Vitiate's playing field.

But.... the whole expansion is about how Revan isn't in Vitiate's league and he's insane to think that he is. erm

The_Tempest
Feel free.

But unlike either of you, I've no dog in this fight and my skills with respect to interpretation are generally beyond reproach. The excerpt you provided does indeed imply parity between Vitiate and Revan but does not require it. If there exists no evidence to the contrary, I see no reason why we can't assume that they are comparable. But since we apparently do have evidence to the contrary, I'm not sure how we can.

DarthAnt66
In the views of the player character, than Revan gives his speech on how he is so powerful and pretty much destroys the team for majority of the fight.

I'm not saying they are equals or anything of that matter - they obviously aren't - I mean that Revan could have maybe challenged him in battle.

DarthAnt66
Feel free.
http://www.twitch.tv/esl/b/651445287 : 29:19 (around there)

Nephthys
Revan himself is on your side dude. erm

If there was a chance they could kill him, his lightside would be helping him to do that and getting the player to fight Vitiate with Revan. Instead Darth Revan is obviously nuts and needs to be stopped.

The_Tempest
This better be quick, Ant. You know SWTOR bores the living hell out of me.

DarthAnt66
Revan says he would fail, not that he is "uber no match." erm

Sinious

If there was a chance they could kill him, his lightside would be helping him to do that and getting the player to fight Vitiate with Revan. Instead Darth Revan is obviously nuts and needs to be stopped.

thumb up

Nephthys
Revan says he would fail, not that he is "uber no match." erm

If he wasn't uber no match then the team that fights Revan would have joined up with him and whooped Vitiate together, son.

The_Tempest
If he wasn't uber no match then the team that fights Revan would have joined up with him and whooped Vitiate together, son.

You mean like how if Revan, Meetra, and Scourge were uber no match for Vitiate, he'd have pwned them all together instead of hesitating and waiting for Scourge to literally stab one of them in the back?

And my work here is done. Finish them, Ant. excellent

DarthAnt66
@Neph before Temp: Nothing indicates the team had a chance to join Revan in any way, shape, or form, mainly thanks to PIS. Like, no one proposed that option.

Nephthys
@Neph before Temp: Nothing indicates the team had a chance to join Revan in any way, shape, or form, mainly thanks to PIS. Like, no one proposed that option.

Gee, maybe theres a reason why no one proposes that option and its because bringing Vitiate back to life to fight him is insane and wouldn't work. If it was plausible, it would be an option.

DarthAnt66
If it was an option, there would be no 3.1 and beyond. thumb up

Nephthys
If it was an option, there would be no 3.1 and beyond. thumb up

That isn't a canon reason. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.