DE Luke and Yoda vs. Caedus and Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Battle takes place on Endor.

Who wins?

carthage
Could go either way.

Caedus can beat his Uncle at this point, but Plagueis would lose to Yoda. Depends on who you think dies first.

Trocity
thumb up

carthage
-

ares834
The Jedi. Luke can probably defeat Caedus and Yoda can beat Plagueis.

carthage
I doubt he can beat Caedus, but he could hold him off. LOTF Luke is more powerful/skilled than his DE incarnation and Caedus is the only one who could fight him without an amp and do well.

He has no real skill feats that put him over his nephew (at this point), but Caedus would lose to Yoda in a good fight and Plagueis is less skilled than either of them.

Col. Valerian
Yeah, I think Caedus would have a much harder time against Luke than Yoda against Plagueis. Not that Yoda would have it easy, though.

Arhael
Luke solidly loses to Caedus, even if he is on top of his game, he is still not ready for dirty tactics of Caedus. Also, battle-meld from Caedus.

Yoda would beat Plagueis, not that it matters.

ares834
Originally posted by carthage
He has no real skill feats that put him over his nephew (at this point), but Caedus would lose to Yoda in a good fight and Plagueis is less skilled than either of them.

Curious why you think Yoda would defeat Caedus and not Luke. By this time, Luke has beaten DE Palpatine who is more powerful than RotS Palps.

carthage
Wasn't he being amped by Leia? Either way Sidious beat him in a few panels while in a weakened clone body, Caedus has superior skill feats overall than his uncle a that time period (outfighting amped Jaina, fighting a superior iteration of Luke, stomping Kyle Katarn/3 Jedi, killing high tier Vong, and killing Mara Jade). The only guy who is outmatched in terms or skill is Plagueis

AncientPower
Caedus battle-melds for the win.

carthage
Point

Angelalex242
Yoda has BM too, and he's no slouch.

I think, in this match, Yoda probably wants to take Caedus on, and let DE Luke fight Plageuis.

I did a solo battle of Caedus vs. Yoda before, and it's fairly dead drawn. And since Luke can beat Plageuis, Team 1's got it.

AncientPower
Yoda has battle-meld? Either I'm senile or that never happened.

Angelalex242
He has Battle Meditation. On a grand scale, no less. Coordinated the majority of the Clone Wars.

And Luke learns Battle Meld from Jorus C'baoth. So he may or may not have it already.

AncientPower
That isn't battle meditation...

DE Luke doesn't have BM yet.

Angelalex242
Good News for DE Luke:

Joruus C'baoth happend ABY 9.

Dark Empire is ABY 10.

So he knows Battle Meld already.

Also, what Luke and Leia did to fight Palp's Force Storm might also be thought of as a battle meld.

AncientPower
I thought his encounter with Jorus was concurrent with Dark Empire in 9/10ABY.

Furthermore Caedus has better BM feats.

carthage
When did he learn it? And it was. Leia amping him with battle meld during his gift with Sidious, without it The Emperor beat him in a few panels

Caedus was coordinating entire fleets in the Battle of Fondor/Hapes

AncientPower
I thought it was well accepted that was WoL in the Sids engagement.

Stigma
Either way Sidious beat him in a few panels while in a weakened clone body,
To be honest that was on Byss, a DS nexus, but meh... Sids's clone body was indeed weakend so I guess either way it makes it fair fight / shrug.

Anyways, I'm thinking team 1 wins this.

Arhael
Leia doesn't know BM and found out about it only DE II and still didn't learn it herself.
Sidious beat emotionally broken Luke who try to use darkside against Sidious. Luke beat Sidious because Leia helped him clear his head and fully brace Jedi ways. She did not aid him during fight though.

Originally posted by Angelalex242
Good News for DE Luke:

Joruus C'baoth happend ABY 9.

Dark Empire is ABY 10.

So he knows Battle Meld already.

Also, what Luke and Leia did to fight Palp's Force Storm might also be thought of as a battle meld.
He doesn't. The technique was introduced by Barabels. He didn't learn anything from C'baoth.

DARTH POWER
without it The Emperor beat him in a few panels

Pretty sure that was on Byss, a dark side nexus.

Also the few panels mentions something about that fight going on for a while Iirc.

Originally posted by Stigma
Sids's clone body was indeed weakend

How so? It was a new clone body he got into wasn't it?

Raptor22
Originally posted by AncientPower
I thought his encounter with Jorus was concurrent with Dark Empire in 9/10ABY.

Furthermore Caedus has better BM feats. im pretty sure Arahel is right about the time line. Iirc in Heir to the Empire leia was still pregnant with the twins, and in DE she already had them and was pregnant with Anakin.

carthage
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Pretty sure that was on Byss, a dark side nexus.

Also the few panels mentions something about that fight going on for a while Iirc.

How so? It was a new clone body he got into wasn't it?

Sidious is the entire reason Byss was a nexus, and iirc the DE sourcebook confirms Sidious is a nexus unto himself. Even if he was amped the fact he was in a degrading clone body would cancel the amp out possibly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.