Necrons (Warhammer 40,000) Versus Samus Aran (Metroid Franchise)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
With a fresh bounty list in her database, Samus is set to find her quarry when a sudden Warp Storm catches her off guard and transports her into the 41st millenium. She makes an emergency landing on the nearest planet to check of major damage to the ship before she starts exploring. Her initial scans bring up odd readings, and then things start getting crazy as the Tomb World she's landed on begins to awaken...

Samus is at full power for this adventure. We'll assume chronological, so Fusion-era, I suppose. This can be adjusted if need be.

Can she discover the secrets of this deadly planet and escape before she is destroyed? Can she find a way to remove the threat the planet presents to the galaxy?

Bonus Round: An (appropriately scaled) Astartes fleet is in range of the awakening Tomb World and deploys. What do they find on the surface? Do they come to Samus's aid, or target her along with the Necrons themselves?

Or do the ancient warriors conquer all?

The Scenario
Samus should be able to escape, I think. There are few things that I recall the Necrons having that can take her one on one, though she's rarely going to be in single combat against them. As long as she avoids big confrontations, she should be fine. Inside the Tomb World is more iffy, but given that Samus specializes in enclosed spaces she should be able to stay out of the firing line most of the time.

What I'm unsure of is how a gauss weapon will interact with the suit. IIRC, they're based on magnetism and basically suck up matter? I'm thinking it'd be like most other energy weapons (those that don't bounce off, that is) and just damage her suit's shielding before getting to the suit itself. She could probably take quite a few blasts before going down in that case.

As for her weaponry against the Necrons, as of Fusion Samus is pretty heavily armed with cold based weapons. Ice Beam plus Ice Diffusion missiles gives her a way to freeze most things. I don't know any examples of Necrons going up against ice, though, so I can't say exactly how effective it would be. The other problem, of course, is that Necrons can recover from a lot of things. Still, I imagine they won't like being frozen and shattered very much. Can they recover from that? I dunno.

BONUS ROUND: Samus looks human enough for the Imperium, though they're unlikely to approve of her use of Xenos technology. Best case scenario is an uneasy alliance to deal with the Necrons, with some heavy distrust coming from both sides.

StealthRanger
Well hey if Necrons and Humans can ally to defeat Tyranids (**** you Ward) then I'm sure Samus would get on at least somewhat well

ArtificialGlory
Necrons aren't all that. Space Marines can go head-to-head with them and even win sometimes. Samus's weapons should have little problem in dealing with the space Egyptian wannabes.

Revanchiste
Well Samus with good upgrades can basicly destroy a tank with her most basic weapon... So assuming she get no dammage from teh crash..

And what the objectives?
Samus V.S an army of necron? Well she pass through repair her ship with awsome K'Tan technology and blow up the planet XD
+
In fusion era she get more agility and less fire power.. Necron are slow so slow...
Samus can run at super sonic speed. Slow zombie V.S Flash.... Who win????

XanatosForever
What if we say Prime-era Samus, and she gets her obligatory power down on landing. Make a difference?

Revanchiste
If she can eqquiped her self with K'Tan gear... Yess she kick their ass even deeper !!!

NemeBro
You could give Samus all of her equipment from the start and she would still die.

XanatosForever
Go ahead and elaborate. What puts Samus at such a disadvantage? I'll admit I'm not familiar with Necron fluff, is an awakening Tomb World much more dangerous than I assueed?

Revanchiste
Well she is more agile than an eldar so good luck for the necron to hit her...

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Go ahead and elaborate. What puts Samus at such a disadvantage? I'll admit I'm not familiar with Necron fluff, is an awakening Tomb World much more dangerous than I assueed?

Some Necron Lords possess the ability to manipulate space and time in addition to some other impressive shit.

StealthRanger
Yeah, Necron time manipulation grants them triple digit FTL speeds (crossing several stories in a nanosecond)

Yeah, supersonic isn't a big deal at all by 40K standards

NemeBro
They have access to a wrist-mounted railgun that projects a small sliver of metal at FTL speeds with enough force to punch through a mountain, in terms of more mundane weaponry.

I mean, Samus could easily 1v1 most Necron forces, but an entire Tomb World? Has access to far too much to be threatened by Samus.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Some Necron Lords possess the ability to manipulate space and time in addition to some other impressive shit.

Samus encounter other technology that was as advanced and powerfull than K'Tan toys...

"Yeah, supersonic isn't a big deal at all by 40K standards"

For eldar targeting systems?

Or demonic....

Basicly that what Samus does.. : Impossible mission and feats !!! She can blow-up a plante on her own alone against legion of deadly ennmis a way more powerfull than her !!! Facing foe eqquiped with insane technology cappble of warping the reality... Corrupt space and time organic matter etc...

Monster that can put into shame flood and tyranids...

And she manage to get all her power up + new power-up each time...

She can escape to an army of SA-X searching for her.

trexalfa
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Samus encounter other technology that was as advanced and powerfull than K'Tan toys...

"Yeah, supersonic isn't a big deal at all by 40K standards"

For eldar targeting systems?

Or demonic....

Basicly that what Samus does.. : Impossible mission and feats !!! She can blow-up a plante on her own alone against legion of deadly ennmis a way more powerfull than her !!! Facing foe eqquiped with insane technology cappble of warping the reality... Corrupt space and time organic matter etc...

Monster that can put into shame flood and tyranids...

And she manage to get all her power up + new power-up each time...

She can escape to an army of SA-X searching for her.

Name one example of such technology.

Samus blows up planets in her missions due to special circunstances that make it blow up in the end, not because she packs a planet busting weapon in her arsenal. Memetic Samus? Maybe. Normal Samus? Hell no.

The X Parasite? Putting the Flood as of Silentium to shame? roll eyes (sarcastic)

StealthRanger
No, I mean for character speeds, supersonic is not even an achievement by their standards

And Samus isn't a planet buster under her own power and trexalfa said the rest

Revanchiste
Yhea, but she always manage to find a way to make the planet explode.. Don't tell me that K'Tan god aren't able to create such a technology?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.