String of Murders in Ukraine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32337621

Just a day after the murder of a politician aligned with deposed president Yanukovych, a pro-Russian journalist has been murdered. Even as a supporter of the Kiev government, I'm shocked at how many members of the Pro-Russian community in government controlled Ukraine are being killed.

Who's doing it? Will the government offer protection to the other opposition members? Is it the Ukrainian government? Is it a Russian scheme to demonize the Ukrainian government?

My guess: it's the work of Far Right nationalists acting without the knowledge of the government but with possible complicity from local authorities in the areas where the killing take place.

Squirtle
Originally posted by Omega Vision
My guess: it's the work of Far Right nationalists acting without the knowledge of the government but with possible complicity from local authorities in the areas where the killing take place.

This seems the most likely scenario, any idea how this mess could end?

Omega Vision
Most likely the murders (most of them anyway) will never be solved because there's little interest in Ukraine to solve them. It will be an excuse for Russia to double down on supporting Kiev's enemies.

Genesis-Soldier
putin is back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.