Spartacus vs Maximus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
The Leader of a Great Rebellion vs The Undefeated Gladiator

Who takes this?

Jmanghan
bump

juggerman
Spartacus

Silent Master
Captain America wins.

Jmanghan
Bruh....

Jmanghan
Spartacus.

relentless1
Spartacus owns Maximus

Jmanghan
Yes.

Jmanghan
Although, Maximus has better skills.

But Spartacus has dual-wield.

DUAL-WIELD, GUYS!

TheVaultDweller
Tight match. Spartacus and Maximus have a lot of similar feats, but Spartacus, by the end of the show, has a lot more feats facing groups and highly skilled opponents than Maximus does. And a lot more opponents with feats to back their names.

I actually wonder how end of series peak Spartacus would have fared solo against Theokoles. All he really needed was a brief distraction to defeat him the first time. And by the end of the show he is a far more skilled and deadly opponent than he was at that point. Might make a thread.

Robtard
Maximus

Mindset
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Tight match. Spartacus and Maximus have a lot of similar feats, but Spartacus, by the end of the show, has a lot more feats facing groups and highly skilled opponents than Maximus does. And a lot more opponents with feats to back their names.

I actually wonder how end of series peak Spartacus would have fared solo against Theokoles. All he really needed was a brief distraction to defeat him the first time. And by the end of the show he is a far more skilled and deadly opponent than he was at that point. Might make a thread. Crixus never really got better since then from what I remember though, and Crixus and Spartacus were around the same level at the end of the series.

Robtard
Crixus is French, so he doesn't count

juggerman
Originally posted by Mindset
Crixus never really got better since then from what I remember though, and Crixus and Spartacus were around the same level at the end of the series.

Crixus was superior to Spartacus at that time tho. Spartacus didn't catch up until later

Mindset
Originally posted by juggerman
Crixus was superior to Spartacus at that time tho. Spartacus didn't catch up until later Ok?Originally posted by Robtard
Crixus is French, so he doesn't count Stop spreading your dirty lies.

juggerman
Ok?

Just saying that Crixus didn't get better cuz he was already at his peak. Spartacus didn't reach that level until later

Mindset
Just saying that Crixus didn't get better cuz he was already at his peak. Spartacus didn't reach that level until later Yea, I know that.

Not sure how it's relevant though.

If Theokoles > Crixus at his prime, then he's > Spartacus at his prime.

juggerman
Yea, I know that.

Not sure how it's relevant though.

If Theokoles > Crixus at his prime, then he's > Spartacus at his prime.

I think Spatacus got better than Crixus in the end. But he never surpassed Oenomaus imo

Mindset
I think Spatacus got better than Crixus in the end. But he never surpassed Oenomaus imo If he was better, it wasn't by much.

playa1258
Spartacus. He has more feats and ability than Maximus.

Jmanghan
Like???

I'm all up for it, dude, but you need to lay down some of these feats.

Robtard
Maximus killed a tiger. That trumps all of Spartacus' feats.

Jmanghan
Spartacus fought through more then just Gladiator's.

Dude fought through scores of trained soldiers, he used that arc move to kill at least 4 guys at once.

Robtard
Did Spartacus ever kill a tiger? No, he did not.

Jmanghan
4 men armed with swords > any breed of tiger.

Jmanghan
Spartacus wins.

Dreampanther
Saw Gladiator again a few days ago and Maximus would stomp Spartacus. He was a veteran soldier, a war general with more than twelve years of combat experience on the battlefield when he entered the arena. He killed four experienced, armoured soldiers, starting out unarmed, on his knees with his hands tied.

In his debut in the arena, he and Juba kiled three gladiators. He had never fought with Juba before, they had not practised or trained together, and he was manacled to Juba by his right hand (his sword hand).

The next time we see him (not sure how much time has passed or how many times he has fought in the arena by then) he is so famous the crowd chants his name, every gladiator shows caution, deference and respect as he walks past, and Proximo calls him a butcher who simply hacks his enemies apart, begging him to stop killing his opponents so quickly and to put on more of a show, to entertain the crowd.

In response, Maximus enters the arena armed with nothing but a sword and wearing only a shoulder guard, kills the five gladiators facing him who have a variety of armour, shields and weapons in thirty-one seconds, and only takes that long because he pauses to show of his dual-wielding skill before beheading his final opponent. He hurls his sword at an official, spits on the ground and insults the crowd. The crowd loves him so much they go absolutely nuts.

After leading his fellow gladiators to victory against a superior and overwhelming force in the arena, he makes Commodus so angry that they bring back Tigris, "the only undefeated champion in Roman history" to face him - and four freaking tigers. Maximus defeats Tigris, kills one of the tigers and just to spite Commodus and show his contempt for him, refuses to kill Tigris.

In other words, if Spartacus ever came up against Maximus, the only way he would walk away alive is because Maximus simply couldn't be bothered to kill him.

Jmanghan
Spartacus fought armies of men, and killed 4 trained soldiers in a single attack.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Spartacus fought armies of men, and killed 4 trained soldiers in a single attack.

In other words you agree - Maximus's feats are much better than anything Spartacus did.

Jmanghan
Except Maximus hasn't done that.

playa1258
Spartacus beats Maximus in every category.

Robtard
Not in delivering powerful and moving speeches. Maximus takes that category 10/10.

Dreampanther
Except Maximus hasn't done that.

By your own admission he did exactly that. Maximus also beat four soldiers, but he did it unarmed, with his hands tied. He also beat entire armies - in fact, he was a general and did it for more than twelve years. So by your own argument Maximus's feats are better than those of Spartacus.

FrothByte
Spartacus wins. More feats and crazier slow-mo fight sequences.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by FrothByte
Spartacus wins. More feats and crazier slow-mo fight sequences.

Feats like? So far, every feat of Spartacus mentioned has been easily topped by Maximus. Slow-mo fighting sequences look pretty, but mean nothing.

FrothByte
Able to completely destroy Roman battalions (some on horseback) even when grossly outnumbered?

I'll have to revisit the scene, my memory's not as good as it used to be. But it was the first episode of the 2nd or 3rd season IIRC.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by FrothByte
Able to completely destroy Roman battalions (some on horseback) even when grossly outnumbered?

I'll have to revisit the scene, my memory's not as good as it used to be. But it was the first episode of the 2nd or 3rd season IIRC.

Are you saying Spartacus "completely" destroyed Roman battalions (some on horseback) on his own? Or while in a small group? It was probably the third season, because I got bored at the end of the second season and stopped watching, so you will have to be specific, please.

Either way, Maximus has feats that will top that. For instance, when they are faced against opponents who are faster and have ranged weapons (armed with bows and arrows, chariots with blades on the wheels) Maximus turns defeat into victory for his outmatched group. Not to mention the fact that he was the general of Rome's legions leading a twelve-year victorious campaign.

And again, in single combat he defeated 5 gladiators in thirty seconds armed with nothing but a sword - without getting a scratch.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Dreampanther
By your own admission he did exactly that. Maximus also beat four soldiers, but he did it unarmed, with his hands tied. He also beat entire armies - in fact, he was a general and did it for more than twelve years. So by your own argument Maximus's feats are better than those of Spartacus. Spartafus KILLED 4 of them in a single ****ing attack.

Dreampanther
Spartafus KILLED 4 of them in a single ****ing attack.

Wow really? And did he face them unarmed and with his hands tied? Because that seems to be a lot more impressive.

Genesis-Soldier
i am with panther on this one
spartacus is a little over rated for me (thats my opinion and i am not trying to tell anyone that they are right or wrong)

maximus is more impressive with his military experience and arena fighting

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
i am with panther on this one
spartacus is a little over rated for me (thats my opinion and i am not trying to tell anyone that they are right or wrong)

maximus is more impressive with his military experience and arena fighting You're like a flower in the middle of an Earthquake here, gens.

It doesn't matter whether or not Spartacus is overrated.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Wow really? And did he face them unarmed and with his hands tied? Because that seems to be a lot more impressive. So, it takes Maximus 30 seconds to kill some no-name gladiators, while Spartacus kills 4 trained soldiers with a single attack in under 5 seconds, and he's somehow better then Spartacus?

Think you've got things backwards, friend.

Dreampanther
So, it takes Maximus 30 seconds to kill some no-name gladiators, while Spartacus kills 4 trained soldiers with a single attack in under 5 seconds, and he's somehow better then Spartacus?

Think you've got things backwards, friend.

So, Spartacus has never faced five trained gladiators and survived, never mind killed them in thirty seconds armed with only a sword, and he has never killed four elite soldiers unarmed with his hands tied and he is somehow better than Maximus?

Think you've got things backward, friend.

What do you think Spartacus's best feat was in the arena? Since Gladiator mostly showed Maximus in the arena and didn't dwell on the twelve years he spent on the battlefield defeating army after army, gaining more than a decade of combat experience, I think it would be more fair to compare their feats in the arena.

Robtard
Spartacus did pull a John Preston:

amrmWyKz48k

@ 00:16

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Robtard
Spartacus did pull a John Preston:

amrmWyKz48k

@ 00:16

Lol. I like this one @ 01:12

YbBiXPVKuTA

Jmanghan
Any opinions changed? Bump.

Robtard
Jokes aside, Spartacus has a lot more feats that show he's the superior warrior. We're talking an almost 3 hour movie vs 30ish hours of TV time, which was heavy on the stylized action.

relentless1
Spartacus stomps; hes stronger (chops body parts off like butter) and better trained (his training with doctore alone is better than anything that Maximus endures)

Jmanghan
Yeah, after watching the whole series, I would say Spartacus destroys him.

Theokoles killed 100 men in the arena and even without help, was able to last against him for a considerable amount of time.

On type of that, he made The Egyptian look like a child holding a sword, keep in mind, this is the same Egyptian that killed Oenomaus, and was beating Crixus.

Spartacus surpassed most of the others in skill LONG ago, with only Gannicus to be able to rival him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Spartacus with slight difficulty

Jmanghan
I do think Maximus will give a good fight, though.

Jmanghan
I think Spatacus got better than Crixus in the end. But he never surpassed Oenomaus imo This is old but he absolutely surpassed Oenomaus, who had his shit pushed in by The Egyptian. Spartacus whooped the Egyptian's ass in like 10 seconds:
LifETHH3U4s

Robtard
Gladiator is one of my favorite movies and Maximus is a solid fighter, but Spartacus (I assume from the TV show?) has lots and lots and lots more feats. He'd take this 10 out of 10.

Robtard
This is old but he absolutely surpassed Oenomaus, who had his shit pushed in by The Egyptian. Spartacus whooped the Egyptian's ass in like 10 seconds:
LifETHH3U4s

Spartacus and Gannicus where the two top fighters in the show, virtually equals.

h1a8
I haven't seen Spartacus so I don't know who wins. But I'll offer some advice. Look carefully at a character's reflexes, ability to defend and counter, stamina, speed, strength (only if there is a big difference), size and weight, and agility.

Both have fought armies of men from what I know. Both have fought trained fighters. I would have to analyze the fights to determine a winner. Need to see how well Spartacus can defend and counter, his reflexes, speed, and stamina. I know a good deal about fighting and base my decision on those attributes (abc logic is even flawed in real life mma fights).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.