Thor vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
For the sake of the fight, Surfer has his power but is not on the board.

Arena fight, Blood lusted

No weapons.

Scoobless
No board AND no hammer?

Movie surfer needs his board for power (stupid, but that's how it worked)

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Scoobless
No board AND no hammer?

Movie surfer needs his board for power (stupid, but that's how it worked)

ReRead OP...

Horus1
Hello all, first post here and what not. My $.02, movie Surfer was more impressive powerwise. He didn't have many strength feats, but his power was definately greater than Thors in all of his showings. Maybe Avengers 2 will change that, but for now I'd go Surfer.

TheVaultDweller
Surfer rapestomps this. No weapons, so assuming no Mjolnir for Thor, which makes him nothing but a super strong, super tough guy. Making movie Surfer's powers innate removes his only known weakness (being separated from his board and losing his powers). So he should be able to beat Thor's ass quite handily here.

Time Immemorial
My apologies, I meant hand to hand2hand, no powers for surfer other then strength.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
My apologies, I meant hand to hand2hand, no powers for surfer other then strength.

This makes it more difficult. Surfer doesn't have any real strength feats to speak of. Both he and Doom, with his powers, almost exclusively used ranged attacks. Based on feats, he is very durable though. Knocking around missiles, surviving the Galactus explosion, being little more than irritated by Doom zapping him (those blasts were blowing up cars, melting metal and blowing holes clean through regular people), and the fact that he can traverse space at extremely high speeds, for extended periods of time, means that his body would have to be very resilient.

Going to have to go with a stalemate here, as neither has the feats to suggest that they can overcome the other one's physical durability, in pure H2H.

Genesis-Soldier
Originally posted by Horus1
Hello all, first post here and what not. My $.02, movie Surfer was more impressive powerwise. He didn't have many strength feats, but his power was definately greater than Thors in all of his showings. Maybe Avengers 2 will change that, but for now I'd go Surfer.

not bad H.

as an asgaridian thor should be very well versed in hand to hand combat and against stronger foes. the feat of hand to hand combat would be the "Thor" movie where he was taking down S.H.I.E.L.D agents assigned to protect the surrounding camp and Mjolnir

Nibedicus
Surfer has zero h2h "feats". Where exactly should we be basing his potential combat performance from?

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Surfer rapestomps this. No weapons, so assuming no Mjolnir for Thor, which makes him nothing but a super strong, super tough guy. Making movie Surfer's powers innate removes his only known weakness (being separated from his board and losing his powers). So he should be able to beat Thor's ass quite handily here.

There is nothing in the movies to suggest that Thor loses his powers if he doesn't have Mjolnir. The only time Thor didn't have his powers is when Odin removed them.

That said, I'm not sure who wins this. If Surfer keeps his ranged attacks then he probably wins. But if it's pure h2h then I'll have to go with Thor by default since Surfer never really displayed h2h skills.

Nibedicus
Surfer has durability "feats" > than Thor's hammerless h2h damage tho.

EmperorSidious2
Thor

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
There is nothing in the movies to suggest that Thor loses his powers if he doesn't have Mjolnir. The only time Thor didn't have his powers is when Odin removed them.

Never said Thor loses his powers, but I don't recall any showing of him using lightning, or flight while not in possession of Mjolnir. That's what I meant. Which is why I said "super" strong and durable, because he is still at least >>> 99% of Asgardians in those 2 categories. And this is H2H in anyways.

Thor doesn't have the H2H showings to suggest he can drop the Surfer, who tanked Galactus blowing up in his face, was casually slapping missiles around, can survive extreme speeds and extended periods of time in a vacuum, and easily tanked Doom's lightning. But Surfer also has sweet f***-all in terms of H2H feats. Which is why I say stalemate.

Nibedicus
Yeah, stalemate for me, too.

Surfer has zero h2h "feats".

With all his powers, Surfer for the absolute rape, tho.

Horus1
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
not bad H.

Thank you good sir!

Mindship
I'd say Thor wins on points. Even if Norrin can take it and give it back, h2h is not his thing.

janus77
Surfer wins. He's much faster, which will be the deciding factor H2H.

Surfer can also go intangible, phasing through Thor's attacks, should they threaten to make contact with him.

Also, come on, Surfer has enough power within him to annihilate Galactus, surely he could channel that through his fists.

Silent Master
Did you read where the OP clarified that this was a strength only fight?

jaden101
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Never said Thor loses his powers, but I don't recall any showing of him using lightning, or flight while not in possession of Mjolnir..

There's a scene in AoU in which he's using some legendary waterpool to enhance a vision he had when Scarlet Witch screwed with his mind. He doesn't have the hammer but electricity erupts from him. Seems to suggest the hammer is more for focusing it as it goes everywhere without him holding the hammer.

jaden101
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer wins. He's much faster, which will be the deciding factor H2H.

Surfer can also go intangible, phasing through Thor's attacks, should they threaten to make contact with him.

Also, come on, Surfer has enough power within him to annihilate Galactus, surely he could channel that through his fists.

I was gonna mention the intangible thing but I wasn't sure if it was him that went intangible or whether he made other matter intangible.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by jaden101
There's a scene in AoU in which he's using some legendary waterpool to enhance a vision he had when Scarlet Witch screwed with his mind. He doesn't have the hammer but electricity erupts from him. Seems to suggest the hammer is more for focusing it as it goes everywhere without him holding the hammer.

More spoiling the movie, great job.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by jaden101

Even though this counters something I said, it makes me happy. laughing

Movie Thor needs some badassery.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.