Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Other/hateful-iimage-7-30.0_zps2wafpgc0.jpg~original

Inhuman
Can't wait 4 this

dynamix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK68QwKyfsA

Kazenji
Originally posted by dynamix
zK68QwKyfsA

Looks like a fake, Some of the footage looks out of place, I see Channing Tatum from The Eagle & it must be Tim Roth from that Selma movie

rudester
So hateful.dame you eight...why couldn't it be seven

Impediment
Fake trailer.

That's Sam Jackson from Black Snake Moan.

Tzeentch
This is allegedly his last film, right?

edit- Nope. He apparently wants to retire either at age 60 or when he finishes his 10th film.

dynamix
Originally posted by Kazenji
Looks like a fake, Some of the footage looks out of place, I see Channing Tatum from The Eagle & it must be Tim Roth from that Selma movie

wth! gawdammit lol

Kazenji
Far as i know there hasn't been a trailer released, Only a teaser which i remember seeing

this thing

nK9czBlzL9g

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Other/the-ewpic-01_zps0v8nl7li.jpg~original

Firefly218
My third most anticipated movie of the year

dynamix
thats looks vicious! stoked!

Robtard
Will watch.

Kazenji
Good to see Kurt Russell doing more movies.

Inhuman
Ennio Morricone is Scoring 'The Hateful Eight'

http://www.firstshowing.net/2015/tarantino-announces-ennio-morricone-is-scoring-the-hateful-eight/

Outfuqingstanding

Kazenji
What movies has he scored in the past?

NemeBro
What movies has he scored in the past? Are you serious, lol?

Tzeentch
I have no idea who he is.

H-hans Zimmer or bust!

Kazenji
Originally posted by NemeBro
Are you serious, lol?

Yes, I'm ****ing serious.

marwash22
Originally posted by NemeBro
Are you serious, lol? no one gives a shit about film composers. Even when i notice a really good score in a movie, i don't go and search for who did it.

Inhuman
What movies has he scored in the past?

- The Dollars trilogy: (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly), (For A Few Dollars More), (A Fistful of Dollars)

- Once Upon a Time in the West

- John Carpenters - The Thing

- The Untouchables

Just to name a few.

Originally posted by marwash22
no one gives a shit about film composers. Even when i notice a really good score in a movie, i don't go and search for who did it.

This is usually correct, but this ****er did miracles with the dollars trilogy. Those movies wouldn't be the same without his score.

NemeBro
no one gives a shit about film composers. Even when i notice a really good score in a movie, i don't go and search for who did it. No one gives a shit about you, phaggot.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Inhuman
- The Dollars trilogy: (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly), (For A Few Dollars More), (A Fistful of Dollars)

- The Untouchables

Just to name a few.

John Carpenters The Thing is the only one i know of.

Inhuman

qtired

Kazenji
Same to you.

Firefly218
no one gives a shit about film composers. Even when i notice a really good score in a movie, i don't go and search for who did it.

Speak for yourself, John Williams has significantly elevated every movie he's scored. You may have been right about that 15 years ago, but today it's a different deal. Behind the scenes peeps are getting more and more attention from the general audiences. Even some of my most movie illiterate friends recognize Hans Zimmer and Alan Silvestri.

Firefly218

- The Untouchables

Just to name a few.

This is usually correct, but this ****er did miracles with the dollars trilogy. Those movies wouldn't be the same without his score.
Agreed that score was quite good

ares834

no expression

Not even The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?

The hell?

Kazenji
So?

I'm sure there's a movie you haven't seen and i have.

ares834
Not seeing a major movie is one thing. Not even knowing about it is quite another...

Patient_Leech

Clearly not a music fan, then, huh?

Tarantino, in particular, is pretty notorious for having at the very least interesting music, and making interesting music choices, and, imo, for the most part making great music choices. Although I don't think he'll ever top Pulp Fiction as far as music choices go.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ares834
Not seeing a major movie is one thing. Not even knowing about it is quite another...

Big whoop.

Zack M
My most anticipated movie!

Kazenji
Guaranteed to get a 90% or higher on RT?

i hope your right.

dynamix
did the trailer ever came out for this?

Kazenji
Nothing as of yet.

Quincy
qtired

Kazenji
Wasn't it shown at Comic-con?...would'eve thought someone leaked it by now.

jaden101
gnRbXn4-Yis

dynamix
oh word!!!

marwash22
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Clearly not a music fan, then, huh?

Tarantino, in particular, is pretty notorious for having at the very least interesting music, and making interesting music choices, and, imo, for the most part making great music choices. Although I don't think he'll ever top Pulp Fiction as far as music choices go. I'm a huge music fan, and like i said, i notice when a movie is well scored... but i just don't give a single fck about the composers. Call it disrespectful, you can say that i underappreciate them, whatever;. i just don't care enough to learn the names of composers.

Robtard
Call it disrespectful, you can say that i underappreciate them, whatever;. i just don't care enough to learn the name

That's basically what the last seven guys who used your ass said about you, Mouth

marwash22
I've seen 'em all (except for Deathproof) and i own 5 of them, but i never realized Tarantino has only made 8 movies.

this one looks like a good time.

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
That's basically what the last seven guys who used your ass said about you, Mouth but you know my name, rob. erm

Robtard
I was lucky #8

Zack M
I'm looking forward to this a lot, but the trailer didn't do much for me. Nice to see Bruce Stern though.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Zack M
I'm looking forward to this a lot, but the trailer didn't do much for me.

jaden101
Walton Goggins and Tarantino is a great team up. He looks like the best character in it.

quanchi112
Will be entertaining as Tarantino flicks are but Kill Bill remains my favorite work of his.

Quincy
Originally posted by jaden101
Walton Goggins and Tarantino is a great team up. He looks like the best character in it.

I was bummed he wasn't more utilized in Django. Glad he's getting a more meatier part this time around.

Just need some Timothy Olyphant and we're set

Kazenji
Two different versions of the movie

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/tarantino-will-have-two-different-versions-of-the-hateful-eight-727

queeq
Saw this one in 70mm.

Quite a good film. Not Tarantino's best, but definitely entertaining and a good view in 70mm.

One thing I didn't like too much: the two opening chapters in the coach. I missed a sublime opening dialogue or monologue. And in chapter two there was an awful lot of exposition. But... Tarantino can wrote and I can't believe how fast the first 100 minutes (up until the official break) went by.

So very good stuff. But it's no Pulp Fiction.

Patient_Leech
I'm waiting for cheap theater on this. Look forward to seeing it.

queeq
laughing out loud

It has lots of talking. In fact, it has MOSTLY talking. And a bit of gore.

jinXed by JaNx
other than lacking suspense and a dull third act it was a good movie. The acting is classic. The cinematography is beautiful and quentins dialogue is as engaging as ever but even with all of these right ingredients the movie still falls short with me. As a mystery/suspense movie it fails, although, i don't know if this was ever a goal of, Tarantinos'. There is rarely anything traditional about, Tarantinos movies and this one is no exception.

It's certainly a very good movie and if you're a Tarantino fan you'll be satisfied because the things this movie succeeds at it does so better than most. Although, i doubt the story will keep anyone interested. At least, for me, it was the characters and dialogue that kept me invested. The story completely falls apart once the third act starts. Definitely worth watching though and i have a feeling this one will get better with a second or third viewing.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by queeq
laughing out loud

It has lots of talking. In fact, it has MOSTLY talking. And a bit of gore.

What is so funny? His movies always have a lot of talking.

queeq
Yes, but they also usually have plot and character development.

I am just not sure how to consider this movie. It's very entertaining and extremely well acted. But...this movie also suffers from a huge amount of self-indulgence and exposition (Chapter 2 and the Flashback scene).

quanchi112
I couldn't wait for this film to end. Shitty.

queeq
laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
It can't be as bad as guys are making it out to be. I didn't like the last 25 minutes of Django, but the rest of the movie was near perfect.

quanchi112
It can't be as bad as guys are making it out to be. I didn't like the last 25 minutes of Django, but the rest of the movie was near perfect. Some people liked it I and my girl couldn't wait for this thing to end. Not impressed. At all.

queeq
I'm having a bit of a Star Trek Into Darkness feel about this movie. When I watched it, it was quite entertaining. But afterwards I feel a little screwed...

So I have to watch it again to know how I really feel about it.

Robtard
It can't be as bad as guys are making it out to be. I didn't like the last 25 minutes of Django, but the rest of the movie was near perfect.

All in all, it's not a terrible film, it's just not very good. Tarantino's flicks are dialogue driven and a good portion of the dialogue in this was not engaging.

quanchi112
I'm having a bit of a Star Trek Into Darkness feel about this movie. When I watched it, it was quite entertaining. But afterwards I feel a little screwed...

So I have to watch it again to know how I really feel about it.
Star Trek Into Darkness is a superb film and don't you dare compare it to this awful piece of cinema.

Kazenji
All in all, it's not a terrible film, it's just not very good. Tarantino's flicks are dialogue driven and a good portion of the dialogue in this was not engaging.

To each to their own....

i found it engaging.

queeq
Originally posted by quanchi112
Star Trek Into Darkness is a superb film and don't you dare compare it to this awful piece of cinema.

ST:ID is the ultimate rip-off movie. If you think TFA is a copy of ANH, ST:IT copied just about EVERY scene from previous ST movies or television episodes.

So here's my deepest fear for the SW franchise. JJ set op ST and rebooted it with a new timeline. The future of Kirk, Bones and Spoke was completely open. And what did JJ do in the sequel: rehash all the old stuff (Khan of all people!!!) and ruined his own reboot.

ST:ID is a very entertaining movie. I give you that. But that's about it. They need a bit more imagination in Hollywood.

jinXed by JaNx

I know the dialogue only works if you like the characters or actors. I found the problem to be the story.The character development didn't rely on the story.

Dr Will Hatch
^ That's kind of an interesting criticism, actually. I might have to think about that.

To me, the most interesting part of the flick is the Lincoln Letter subplot. It says so much about the time period of Reconstruction, and everyone's reactions to it and their reactions to finding out it was a lie are very telling.

quanchi112
ST:ID is the ultimate rip-off movie. If you think TFA is a copy of ANH, ST:IT copied just about EVERY scene from previous ST movies or television episodes.

So here's my deepest fear for the SW franchise. JJ set op ST and rebooted it with a new timeline. The future of Kirk, Bones and Spoke was completely open. And what did JJ do in the sequel: rehash all the old stuff (Khan of all people!!!) and ruined his own reboot.

ST:ID is a very entertaining movie. I give you that. But that's about it. They need a bit more imagination in Hollywood. The end was cleverly done. Spock also never confronted Khan in a hand to hand matchup. Khan at no point in the previous timeline was discovered by Marcus. The only thing that mirrored the previous film was near the end when Kirk died instead of Spock. Khan wasn't hell bent on killing Kirk either as his motivation was entirely focused on him in a very unhealthy way. It worked both as an entertaining film and as a callback to the previous timeline with the added changes the newer fans wouldn't be aware of anyways.

I loved it. Something either works or it doesn't and this movie clearly worked. I don't pay any attention to the haters on this film as this movie was simply gold.

queeq
Well, it wasn't. It was fake gold. It shimmered the same, but every element from this movie was taken from one of the ST series or movies. From the attack on the Federation meeting, to the people in the missiles... etc etc...

It was a cowardly effort, they should have gone with ST where no man has gone before. That was what the first reboot movie was all about. And then they chickened out.

quanchi112
Well, it wasn't. It was fake gold. It shimmered the same, but every element from this movie was taken from one of the ST series or movies. From the attack on the Federation meeting, to the people in the missiles... etc etc...

It was a cowardly effort, they should have gone with ST where no man has gone before. That was what the first reboot movie was all about. And then they chickened out. Iyo not mine. I know lots of people who loved it. Casual fans seemed to love it but the hardcore nerds were the ones crying the loudest about this. Let them cry, it was magic.

This film was a lot better than the Force Awakens.

queeq
I dunno... I'm just a casual ST viewer. But bringing back KAHN of all people... that is pretty LAME!

quanchi112
I dunno... I'm just a casual ST viewer. But bringing back KAHN of all people... that is pretty LAME! Why is that lame ? Khan was the biggest villain in the Star Trek universe and it's a new playground. The performance Benedict gave was awesome. He stole every scene he was in.

queeq
Because... ST1 rebooted the series with a new timeline. From this moment on the filmmakers could go anywhere they wanted with Spock and Kirk, release them from any burdens of 50 years of ST. And what did they do: they brought back the one iconic character from the series and even CONTRADICTED the original ST timeline. Because everything before ST1 is still the same. So Kahn would be somewhere sleeping on a distant spaceship.

So reusing the most iconic character AND contradicting the original ST lore while they've just opened a door to something new, they choose for old stuff. Lack of originality... the same complaint some have about TFA... but way way worse.

It would have been like bringing Vader back, or Palpy, as a reincarnated villain in TFA.

Patient_Leech
Just watched this. Thought it was really good. Felt a little like all the best parts from Django, Inglorious, Reservoir, and a hint of Pulp all rolled into one. The performances were all great. Even though I knew most of the actors from other Tarantino films it didn't distract much.

The Nuul
I should report queeq for derailing this thread with his Khan, Star Trek, or Wars stuff

sneer

Patient_Leech
Would be tempted to buy the Blu-ray for this, but Tarantino seems to have a thing for not putting squat worth of special features and I dig that stuff.

jinXed by JaNx
Watched this again and I still have the same feelings. the story is flawed and sabotaged from the start but the dialogue and acting carry the movie and kept me engaged

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.