MoS Terraformer vs RoS Galactus Cloud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ODG
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/MoS%20Terraformer01.jpg

vs.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/RoS%20Galactus01.jpg

Because there are people who argue this. Which wins in a fight? Which is more impressive? Whose defeat would take more? Discuss.

ODG
This can be closed at threadstarter's request.

Time Immemorial
If we go by what we saw, Galactus needed Silver Surfers help to find and prep the planets. He was boring big holes out of them to prepare for his OP vacuum cleaner.

Galactus feeds off the planet sucking its life out.

When he was BFR'd, Surfer was weakened from just brining Sue back to life. So he needed some help from Torch to get up there.

WE would have destroyed the current world, and built the foundation for a New Krypton. So it would have destroyed the whole planet and made it a new world. So while not technically destroying the planet, it still was a massive destruction.

While neither Galatus never destroyed earth, nor the world engine destroyed earth. Both were destroyed one was or another.

IMO Supermans feat was more impressive because he was in a weakened state just like Surfer and required no help and destroyed it.

While Surfer was in a weakened state he needed some help, but he BFR'd Galactus while weakened.

Both good feats.

Cheers.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
WE would have destroyed the current world, and built the foundation for a New Krypton. "We"?

Time Immemorial
World Engine

psycho gundam
"The" World engine ("The WE"wink would have made more sense....

mmm

Kal-Qaeda needs to be stopped

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
If we go by what we saw, Galactus needed Silver Surfers help to find and prep the planets. He was boring big holes out of them to prepare for his OP vacuum cleaner.

Galactus feeds off the planet sucking its life out.

When he was BFR'd, Surfer was weakened from just brining Sue back to life. So he needed some help from Torch to get up there.

WE would have destroyed the current world, and built the foundation for a New Krypton. So it would have destroyed the whole planet and made it a new world. So while not technically destroying the planet, it still was a massive destruction.

While neither Galatus never destroyed earth, nor the world engine destroyed earth. Both were destroyed one was or another.

IMO Supermans feat was more impressive because he was in a weakened state just like Surfer and required no help and destroyed it.

While Surfer was in a weakened state he needed some help, but he BFR'd Galactus while weakened.

Both good feats.

Cheers.

Lol...no

Galan007
Terraformer stomps 10/10.

Good thread. thumb up

Nibedicus
Except that the real "feat" here wasn't the fact that Torch gave him a little push (which may or may not have been even needed for him to get to the core). The real "feat" here is the fact that the attack needed to BFR Galactus created an explosian comparable to the planet and a shockwave many times the size of Earth.

Nibedicus
And for all the "downward force" Superman was supposedly struggling against with the WE beam, I must add that the WE beam itself really didn't do a great job of penetrating the ground with this so called powerful "downward force".

http://i.imgur.com/Bj6uinal.jpg

This is what the ground looks like after Supes shut off the beam. Not really impressive damage to the ground it was supposedly applying a huge amount of force to.

Ground > World Engine beam?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Nibedicus
And for all the "downward force" Superman was supposedly struggling against with the WE beam, I must add that the WE beam itself really didn't do a great job of penetrating the ground with this so called powerful "downward force".

http://i.imgur.com/Bj6uinal.jpg

This is what the ground looks like after Supes shut off the beam. Not really impressive damage to the ground it was supposedly applying a huge amount of force to.

Ground > World Engine beam? Originally posted by Nibedicus
Except that the real "feat" here wasn't the fact that Torch gave him a little push (which may or may not have been even needed for him to get to the core). The real "feat" here is the fact that the attack needed to BFR Galactus created an explosian comparable to the planet and a shockwave many times the size of Earth.
An explosion the size of a planet didn't do anything to the planet either.

mmm

Nibedicus
Originally posted by abhilegend
An explosion the size of a planet didn't do anything to the planet either.

mmm

It was far away, so not surprising...

Tho, glad that the comparison we're using is planet vs ground.

eek!

Explosion that happened immediately after the Surfer "powered up":

http://i.imgur.com/NPlDM2P.png

abhilegend
It was far away, so not surprising...

Tho, glad that the comparison we're using is planet vs ground.

eek!

Explosion that happened immediately after the Surfer "powered up":

http://i.imgur.com/NPlDM2P.png
And WE wasn't supposed to destroy the planet in one go.

And as always collateral damage isn't the way to prove power levels. Could Galactus destroy the planet on his own? I doubt it.

Mindset

And as always collateral damage isn't the way to prove power levels. Could Galactus destroy the planet on his own? I doubt it. Yes, he could destroy it. thumb up

Nibedicus

And as always collateral damage isn't the way to prove power levels. Could Galactus destroy the planet on his own? I doubt it.

Didn't say it was supposed to.

Never said that it was. It's not the only way, sure. But it is telling when the ground where the beam was DIRECTLY applying its force for a decent amount of time was not significantly dug into. The same exact force that Superman flew against. S'all I'm saying.

We wouldn't know if Big G could destroy planets on his own or if the Surfer was just prepping the planets to make sucking them up easier. What we do know is that, once prepperd, Big G would suck up all the insides of the planet to feed on them. Take of that what you wish.

abhilegend
Didn't say it was supposed to.

Never said that it was. It's not the only way, sure. But it is telling when the ground where the beam was DIRECTLY applying its force for a decent amount of time was not significantly dug into. The same exact force that Superman flew against. S'all I'm saying.

We wouldn't know if Big G could destroy planets on his own or if the Surfer was just prepping the planets to make sucking them up easier. What we do know is that, once prepperd, Big G would suck up all the insides of the planet to feed on them. Take of that what you wish.
That doesn't mean much. The gravity beam was folding cars like paper and pulling down skyscrapers. Just because it didn't destroy the ground which it wasn't supposed to do (it was transmitting inside earth's core to increase the gravity of the planet) doesn't means much. It passed through ground.

Sucking the life out of a planet vs turning it into a giant, super heavy gravity planet. Now take the fact that Superman was massively weakened.

Nibedicus
That doesn't mean much. The gravity beam was folding cars like paper and pulling down skyscrapers. Just because it didn't destroy the ground which it wasn't supposed to do (it was transmitting inside earth's core to increase the gravity of the planet) doesn't means much. It passed through ground.

Sucking the life out of a planet vs turning it into a giant, super heavy gravity planet. Now take the fact that Superman was massively weakened.

Paper folding cars is pretty cool and all, but that really isn't all that impressive in the grand scheme of things. Collapsing buildings is cool, too. But that's mostly due to the tremors it was causing. Which is awesome, I agree.

And maybe some part of its energy was passing thru the ground, we'd never know, really as it I don't remember that being alluded to in the movie. But the downward force it was inflicting was certainly NOT passing thru the ground as it WAS dealing damage to the ground. Just not that much.

http://i.imgur.com/qPJnLSs.png

One slowly terraforms a planet via an energy/gravitational reaction with its core and atmosphere and one forcibly sucking out the insides of a planet.

I would put the "more power needed" argument on the latter than former IMO.

Time Immemorial
Some people are not understanding the world engine..

It was not designed to destroy the earth, punch a hole through it, or break it in half.

If you go back and watch the video, the WE destroyed the buildings from the blast, not the tremors. Also there really is no evidence that this was causing tremors, it was not an earthquake machine.

Anyways, go back and re watch it disintegrate the buildings..

abhilegend
Paper folding cars is pretty cool and all, but that really isn't all that impressive in the grand scheme of things. Collapsing buildings is cool, too. But that's mostly due to the tremors it was causing. Which is awesome, I agree.

And maybe some part of its energy was passing thru the ground, we'd never know, really as it I don't remember that being alluded to in the movie. But the downward force it was inflicting was certainly NOT passing thru the ground as it WAS dealing damage to the ground. Just not that much.

http://i.imgur.com/qPJnLSs.png

One slowly terraforms a planet via an energy/gravitational reaction with its core and atmosphere and one forcibly sucking out the insides of a planet.

I would put the "more power needed" argument on the latter than former IMO.
I suggest you rewatch the movie.

Silent Master
RoS Galactus Cloud wins.

Nibedicus
I suggest you rewatch the movie.

http://youtu.be/wukyrxavkJo

What else would you call the ground-based impact wave caused by the initial pounding motion of the WE other than tremors? Tho, I will admit the shockwave was also pretty damned powerful.

I will also admit that the massive sudden gravitational changes combined with the shockwave and the tremors all contributed.

Still, compared to sucking out the insides of a planet or what was required to BFR him, is this really comparable?

Also, will appreciate it if you folks would post vids to demonstrate your points rather than just going "rewatch X", as I have had the courtesy to post vids and screenshots. Would save time for us all.

Nibedicus
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.