Freedon Nadd vs Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
In the tomb of Freedon Nadd.

AncientPower
Freedon Nadd knows pretty much all Force techniques, his spirit alone mind raped Vodo from a galaxy away after collapsing a cieling on-top of Kun and then rebuilding Kun with Dark Side energy.

carthage
Bane gets stomped again

Nephthys
Bane.

Originally posted by carthage
Bane gets stomped again

Shouldn't you be backing the guy with feats instead of the guy with hardly any?

carthage
Has no way to destroy Nadd in spirit form

SunRazer
This is living Nadd.

And no Orbalisks.

NewGuy01
You mean no Orbalisks on either side, or just Bane's? :woah:

SunRazer
None for both.

The Merchant
Bane. I'm pretty sure he surpassed the guy by ROT

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Living Nadd ftw.

SunRazer
Nothing implies that. He didn't even get much out of Nadd's holocron except information on the Orbalisks - it was Zannah who learnt Sorcery from the holocron.

It implies that Nadd can do tendrils and mind-wracking Sorcery, though, especially since he's confirmed to know almost every power in existence.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
His lightsaber skills aren't too shabby either.

Emperordmb
Bane was the one who copied the information down for her from Nadd's holocron.

Nephthys
Actually on second thought I might go with Nadd IF he pulls a Zannah and unleashes the tentacles, assuming he knows that spell. But then again I dunno if he'll get the chance, he doesn't have Zannah's defense.

Hmmm. mmm

Edit: Oh, beaten.

Originally posted by SunRazer
Nothing implies that. He didn't even get much out of Nadd's holocron except information on the Orbalisks - it was Zannah who learnt Sorcery from the holocron.

It implies that Nadd can do tendrils and mind-wracking Sorcery, though, especially since he's confirmed to know almost every power in existence.

He didn't get much because most of it was already in Revan's holocron.

Emperordmb
Nah, Andeddu's holocron was the one Bane didn't get much from. He spent time getting the secrets of Nadd's holocron.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane was the one who copied the information down for her from Nadd's holocron.

Right, but he couldn't do any of it and he didn't know how to defend any of it. Translating/transcribing languages isn't the same as knowing the techniques themselves.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Actually on second thought I might go with Nadd IF he pulls a Zannah and unleashes the tentacles, assuming he knows that spell. But then again I dunno if he'll get the chance, he doesn't have Zannah's defense.

Hmmm. mmm

Edit: Oh, beaten.

He didn't get much because most of it was already in Revan's holocron.

Revan's knowledge came from a different source than Nadd's (Malachor V vs Naga Sadow).

Emperordmb
The whole sorcery thing was just one databank of information in Nadd's holocron.

SunRazer
Bane clearly didn't have a real defense against it, though.

DarthAnt66
Honesty, Nadd should beat DOE!Bane in a great battle, but ROT!Bane probably beats him.

Trocity
Freedon Nadd.

SunRazer
How? This is no Orbalisks, like I said.

DarthAnt66
Superior combat feats, and immense hype on knowledge and power.

AncientPower
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Basically.

SunRazer
Umm... DoE Bane is only slower and weaker than RoT Bane, he's at least as skilled.

His power and knowledge is beneath Nadd's.

EmperorSidious2
Bane

SunRazer
Nadd held off waves upon waves of Massassi before his presumed prime, so he's a pretty solid combatant as well.

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Oh, was this in response to Nadd beating DoE Bane? I meant how does RoT Bane beat Nadd when DoE Bane loses.

Nephthys
Bane is absolutely more powerful and a stronger combatant that Nadd, it's just Nadd's sorcery on a nexus thats the issue.

SunRazer
I doubt Bane's more powerful than Nadd at all, who was capable of easily collapsing a tomb even whilst sustaining Ommin and Amanoa via donated power.

Nephthys
Bane demolished the Temple of the Ancients before his prime. That temple was absolutely gigantic and had survived turbolaser fire with barely a scratch. He's also disintegrated a dozen technobeasts with a thrust of his hand, smashed through a 30 meter tall metal gate and can turn people to ash with his lightning. Cognus also suggested Bane possessed more power than the dark energies that ravaged Ambria.

Stigma
SunRazer makes a compelling argument.

Bane gets stomped.

SunRazer
He did that on Lehon, a nexus so great that Korriban paled in comparison (specifically he was at the Temple, which made his head woozy), and Bane gathered energies whilst Kas'im spoke.

In the other one, he was on Tython, a "bastion of dark side power", and he was next to Belia Darzu's holocron which radiated dark side energies that attracted the technobeasts.

Not really above Nadd easily collapsing a tomb whilst being the source of Ommin and Amanoa's power.

Where does she imply that? Not that it matters, anyway. Nadd's death corrupted an entire planet (Onderon) and turned it into a nexus, and his Tomb's nexus spread to all of Dxun, which, when combined with the horrors of the Mandalorian Wars, turned it into the highest tier of Dark Side nexus (in terms of potency) as per JATM.

Nephthys
And Nadd performed his feats on nexuses as well.

Bane was still well before his prime on Lehon and the amps don't matter because its a feat thats ridiculously above any of Nadd's.

And Bane performed the feat with ease and went on to repeatedly disintegrate his opponents. Without a nexus, all he'd need to do is put in more effort or perform the feat on a slightly lesser scale and still be capable of doing it.

Uh, yeah it is.

In DoE. The Huntress had sensed the devestation of Ambria and yet when she sensed Bane "it was like nothing she'd ever felt" and she marvels at how anyone can wield the level of power Zannah does. So thats better than Nadd turning Onderon into a nexus.

SunRazer
Nadd's spirit needs a nexus to manifest in the first place, so he wouldn't be amped.

Considering the immensity of the nexuses in question, it's not that easily compensated for. Bane growing in power over the years probably only compensates for the Temple's nexus and the fact that he had to gather his strength over a period of time - it wouldn't compensate for Lehon's nexus, to be honest.

As for the disintegration, not only was it a double-nexus, but he had Orbalisks on, which enhance his power greatly. He never demonstrated similar power again, such as in DoE where he only pummels the internal bones/organs of people on a nexus, rather than disintegrating them (Technobeast's metal > human flesh as well).

No, it's not. Nadd did it easily, if not effortlessly, and I recommend reading the Ommin and Amanoa threads on the Internet by I_Like_Swords to show how much power Nadd donated to them whilst he performed the feat.

I doubt the Huntress would compare a person to a place, lol. Plus Ambria's power is beneath the surface and can only be unlocked by a Sorcerer/Sorceress like Zannah, hence why Bane admits he couldn't tap into it and that's also why the Huntress probably doesn't know the full extent of the power beneath Ambria.

Ambria's nexus doesn't compete with Dxun's, anyway. Or even Nadd's tomb, to be honest.

SunRazer
What also needs to be taken into account is the sheer volume of Force knowledge Nadd possesses, which was supposedly almost every single power in existence. Having that many powers is definitely a plus in terms of versatility and available options in a fight.

Nephthys
Doesn't that make his feats unquantifiable then? If we cannot tell how much is his own energies or how he's performing them.

Theres no such thing as a double nexus amp, thats silly. If he was amped at all, which isn't mentioned in the slightest, it's from a singular source. He's only drawing the Force from one source, afterall, not multiple locations. Regardless, you forgot to account for the feat being absolutely bonkers to compensate for other aspects of the feat.

Bane was drugged and weakened for the DoE feat you mentioned. If he wasn't he could have casually disintegrated them when lightning instead of needing to do a song and dance with less effective force powers. And again, Bane disintegrated them easily and multiple times. He was not so amped that he was twice as powerful or something, you're vastly overestimating his amps which apart from the orbalisks were never so much as hinted at.

I've read them. Where does it say Nadd was empowering Ommin?

She specifically sensed the sorceress who performed the ritual as she was performing it and subsequently being consumed by it. She can see the past, remember. And Ambria's power is beneath the surface because it was sealed away. After the point the Huntress sensed.

The power on Ambria was enough to devastate the planet, its far more than that on Onderon.

Originally posted by SunRazer
What also needs to be taken into account is the sheer volume of Force knowledge Nadd possesses, which was supposedly almost every single power in existence. Having that many powers is definitely a plus in terms of versatility and available options in a fight.

Which Bane possesses and more. But I said Nadd has a good chance with sorcery.

SunRazer
1. Who, Bane or Nadd?

2. It's actually not a "double-nexus", I just use that term for an "overlapping" nexus if you will, basically the strongest point of the nexus.

3. I'm aware, although it's a plot hole that the last dregs of those drugs remained in his system when in PoD he claims he can flush them out via Detoxify Poison. It was on a nexus, too, so all the more easy for him to eradicate the last remnants of those drugs.

4. Ommin and Amanoa lose their powers when Nadd stops empowering them/takes away his power.

5. Meh. It's not better than Dxun or his tomb, tbh.

6. Bane doesn't possess it all, lol.

Nephthys
Nadd.

Ok, the point stands.

Bane does flush them out of his system after his escape. But his abilities were clearly being effected by the drugs blunting his ability to use the force so thats probably why he had trouble doing it. The "nexus" is never stated to have any effect on him at all. And he only completely eradicates the drugs after he's away from the Prison.

I highly doubt all their power was from Nadd. Ommin's power at least was his own, as shown in that quote where he connects with it and gets crippled. I don't see anything about Nadd taking away his power either.

Yes it is.

He has his holocron and others as well. I doubt Nadd has any significant knowledge advantage over him.

Trocity
I can't remember exactly, but doesn't it say in one of the Bane novels that he couldn't unlock the secrets of Nadd's holocron or some such?

Or that he couldn't understand the majority of it? Something to that effect.

SunRazer
1. He's not being amped, so it's all under his own power.

2. The point stands that Bane was tremendously amped.

3. It's strong with the dark side, hence any Dark Sider drawing upon the Force there would get more powerful.

I meant that he should flush the remains out. Why are there still some bits of the drugs left over in his system?

4. That's because Nadd took Ommin's essence or something as well. I'll check it again.

5. No, it's not. Dxun is an "extreme dark side site", which is the highest of the three tiers of DS nexus, as per JATM.

6. Show me a source which states that all of Nadd's knowledge was in his holocron. Otherwise, Bane would possess powers like Wall of Light, Storm (Wormhole), and the ability to become a Force Ghost upon death, which he doesn't. He also didn't learn Essence Transfer via that Holocron (he had to get Andeddu's), which is proof that Nadd didn't have all of his techniques in that Holocron, or if he did, Bane didn't learn everything from it.

Also, Bane's own admitted lack of aptitude for Sorcery means he doesn't have Nadd's Sorcery-related powers, nor his Alchemy

Bane's other holocrons are Belia Darzu's (which is teaching you how to make a Holocron, which I'm sure Nadd already knows) and Andeddu's (Essence Transfer, which Nadd also knows).

Nephthys
Originally posted by Trocity
I can't remember exactly, but doesn't it say in one of the Bane novels that he couldn't unlock the secrets of Nadd's holocron or some such?

Or that he couldn't understand the majority of it? Something to that effect.

No, just that it would take time to unlock them.

SunRazer
He doesn't unlock it all, anyway - he transcribes it into parchment for Zannah to study from or something. The Sorcery-related elements, at least.

Nephthys
Wouldn't he need to unlock it to be able to transcribe it, lol?

SunRazer
Well, it's "unlocked" in the sense that it's open for anybody to study, but Bane can't interpret/understand it as per his acknowledgement that he doesn't know anything of Sorcery.

ILS

Trocity
@SunRazer

That's probably what I was remembering, that sorcery wasn't his area of expertise and that he didn't completely understand it and so gave it to Zannah.

SunRazer
tbh Bane's displayed powers and the ones he writes about in BoS pale in number in comparison to "every single Force power" which Nadd is said to possess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.