Cin Drallig vs. Luminara Unduli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

SunRazer
Not sure. Cin has better repute as a swordsman - Dooku thought highly of him, the RotS game claims he's "an incredible swordsman", and he's canonically more skilled than Shaak (whom we should all be familiar with) and Serra Keto, the latter of whom is also an "incredible swordsman."

Luminara's only hype is supposedly being the Count's match, which is obviously untrue. If we base it on reputation, Cin's better, but he also got manhandled by a hindered Anakin with one arm (he was Choking Beni as well).

Luminara did compete with Ventress, but you could argue it's only because of Soresu which allows her to last.

carthage
ninja edit

SunRazer
What?

Kosmos Supreme
Cin Drallig takes this without a single doubt.

Read below

Drallig was stated to be stronger than General Grievous writen at his strongest (Labyrinth of Evil) by Dooku who should be pretty knowledgeable on both of them.

Grievous toyed with 4 jedi masters (roth-del masona, roron corobb, foul moudama, and b'ink utrila).
defeated Pablo Jill a Jedi on a higher level then those guys with moderate difficulty

His defeat is more of a testement to RoTS Anakin's power than his weakness despite how much everyone likes to downplay him for it.
Grievous was at least as strong as Ventress during season 1 who beat Luminara fairly solidly

EmperorSidious2
Cin Drallig

Luminaras biggest feat is going up against ventress and cin would beat ventress

SunRazer
Cin was never stated as better than Grievous tbh, Dooku just referred to him as one of the more skilled Jedi in the Order and above the likes of Daakman Barrek (which is really not much of an accolade), and Dooku was just venting his anger at Grievous.

|King Joker|
Luminara wins. I don't think Anakin can stomp her with one hand whilst choking out another Jedi with the other. Drallig's hype isn't supported, in my opinion.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Luminara wins.

Trocity
Actually, I'd argue Operation Knightfall Anakin could stomp her that easily.

Not sure who wins here, though. Luminara clearly has better feats, Cin better hype.

|King Joker|
What loser would take Drallig over Luminara? They're at the very least comparably skilled, but Luminara has superior Force abilities and physical attributes. She takes him to the old people's home where he belongs.

Trocity
There's no need for name calling, Cin Drallig is just underrated.

|King Joker|
I'm not calling you names, baby. Don't get sad.

Drallig being "underrated" seems to get overcompensated for by overrating him.

inb4 lord stark

Kosmos Supreme
Anakin is just that powerfull
Drallig > Grievous <=> Ventress (at that point) > Luminara

Fated Xtasy
Game feats would put Drallig and Keto combined on Mace level according to the concept art.

So..... game feats Cin would win. Normal Cin would lose to Luminara.

Technical skill is one thing, but that alone doesn't topple actual feats. I'll give Luminara the win based on feats and the fact that Drallig is a unknown in that department.

ILS
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Game feats would put Drallig and Keto combined on Mace level according to the concept art.

So..... game feats Cin would win. Normal Cin would lose to Luminara.

Technical skill is one thing, but that alone doesn't topple actual feats. I'll give Luminara the win based on feats and the fact that Drallig is a unknown in that department. Thoughts on RotS Shaak Ti vs Luminara?

Lord Stark
I'm not calling you names, baby. Don't get sad.

Drallig being "underrated" seems to get overcompensated for by overrating him.

inb4 lord stark

I overrate Drallig? Lul, no I just find it ridiculous so many posters underestimate the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order in its golden age.

SunRazer
Being a Battlemaster equates to high knowledge and understanding of combat (almost all the time), but not necessarily titanic fighting ability. Anakin is monstrously powerful, though - he could demolish Luminara as well.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Lord Stark
I overrate Drallig? Lul, no I just find it ridiculous so many posters underestimate the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order in its golden age.

A Battlemaster who is by all accounts featless. erm

Even if we did acknowledge that "okay he lost to the chosen one good feat regardless." We still don't know how the entire fight went. The accolades are good but he's lacking feats that would otherwise make him a top tier guy.

ILS
He's better than Ti though. eek!

carthage
Most likely better than Jaden Korr too tbh

ILS
He'd take a majority over Gnost-Dural imho

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage
Most likely better than Jaden Korr too tbh
Yeh, but who isn't?

carthage
Definitely not Kas'im.

ILS
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Yeh, but who isn't? that feeb marka ragnos

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage
Definitely not Kas'im.
True. Kas'im lost to Bane, so he's definitely not going to beat someone even of Korr's low caliber.

Lord Stark
A Battlemaster who is by all accounts featless. erm

Even if we did acknowledge that "okay he lost to the chosen one good feat regardless." We still don't know how the entire fight went. The accolades are good but he's lacking feats that would otherwise make him a top tier guy.

He was in the temple for the entirety of the war, he didn't really have the chance to show off. And when he did it was against the version of Anakin who was compared to Sidious, Mace, and Yoda as a swordsman.
When have I ever argued he's top tier? The most that I've argued is that he's likely better than Grievous because you know its blatantly stated in LOE.

ILS
better than Grievous. I bet you have really small hands.

Fated Xtasy
He was in the temple for the entirety of the war, he didn't really have the chance to show off. And when he did it was against the version of Anakin who was compared to Sidious, Mace, and Yoda as a swordsman.
When have I ever argued he's top tier? The most that I've argued is that he's likely better than Grievous because you know its blatantly stated in LOE.

A fair point.

But you misunderstand Stark, I was saying that if he had feats he would be top tier, I wasn't saying that you stated or implied that.

McP
Cin.

|King Joker|
Dies.

Lord Stark
A fair point.

But you misunderstand Stark, I was saying that if he had feats he would be top tier, I wasn't saying that you stated or implied that.

Ahhh I see, well glad we are on the same page.

Dies.

Not if Cin is above Grievous http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/erm.gif

|King Joker|
Except he's not. erm

Lord Stark
Except he's not. erm

Because you are a better source than the man who trained Grievous? erm

|King Joker|
Dooku likely hasn't seen Drallig fight in over 10+ years, he's out of his prime. And I highly doubt Anakin could stomp Grievous with one hand while choking another Jedi to death.

I haven't read all of LoE, but SunRazer says he was just venting his anger at Grievous. *shrug*

And like I said before, Luminara has wayyy better physical attributes and for what it's worth, is actually fairly powerful in the Force.

Zenwolf
Dooku wasn't really angry...at least from what I'm reading, he wasn't just liking how Grevious was doing in training against his droids.

|King Joker|
Wow, people really interpret that as Dooku saying Drallig > Grievous? no expression

Zenwolf
Wow, people really interpret that as Dooku saying Drallig > Grievous? no expression

Well considering that Mace dueled Grevious fairly well, Obi-Wan defeated Grevious(abit not through sheer saber skill, but he did knock off 2 hands). Seems to me those who Dooku states considering them a threat to Grevious, now obvious we need no proof for Yoda.

But this at the least would be Cin at least to present challenge to Grevious.

|King Joker|

ILS
So, assuming Drallig is the type of guy who can defeat Grievous in a contest that is undoubtedly in his favour... how would he do if his feet were clamped to the ground and was asked to fight Mace Windu?

Lord Stark
Dooku likely hasn't seen Drallig fight in over 10+ years, he's out of his prime. And I highly doubt Anakin could stomp Grievous with one hand while choking another Jedi to death.

Prove Drallig got weaker in that 10 year span. Also Dooku hadn't fought Mace in just as long by that point. Its clear that at that point in LOE Grievous hadn't fought and killed a Council Master. You don't think Anakin could stomp Grievous with one hand on a force nexus. Please Ventress defeated him on
a nexus rather quickly and decisively.

And he just happened to mention Cin in the same breath as the top 3 duelists on the Jedi Council?

Luminara would lose to Grievous though.

|King Joker|
Prove Drallig got weaker in that 10 year span. He's old as shit and no longer in his physical prime. You think Drallig 10 years younger wouldn't be a better combatant? Come on now.
Also Dooku hadn't fought Mace in just as long by that point. Its clear that at that point in LOE Grievous hadn't fought and killed a Council Master. Well, before it was retconned Dooku fought Mace on Boz Pity. And, Grievous may not have killed any Council masters, but he defeated quite a few before LoE. Obi-Wan got stomped by Grievous in the Utapau arc, and he defeated Gallia and Eeth Koth. Originally posted by Lord Stark
You don't think Anakin could stomp Grievous with one hand on a force nexus. Please Ventress defeated him on
a nexus rather quickly and decisively. Uh, seeing Grievous overloaded Kenobi's defenses, no, I don't think he can stomp General Grievous with one hand. And lol, no she didn't.
And he just happened to mention Cin in the same breath as the top 3 duelists on the Jedi Council? All Dooku was saying was 'these guys could give you trouble if you don't change your shit up.'

Luminara would lose to Grievous though. Wait, really?! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.