Who can beat Tulak Hord?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Who is the weakest person to plausibly beat Tulak Hord?

Nephthys
Someone can beat Hord?

SunRazer
How much hype does Hord get here? lol

Trocity
Not very much for the most part - Most people understand he's hard to quantify.

Nephthys
Well dude pulled a capital ship out of the sky and is implied to have solo'd a thousand Jedi. And he was supposedly a legendary duelist. I put him pretty high.

I mostly joking though.

SunRazer
Ah. Ancient Sith are powerful and fascinating in their own way, but the powers of most of them aren't very combat-applicable. Hord was one of the most combat-applicable ones despite never appearing, so I was just curious to see how he was ranked here.

Although some of the hype that he gets from Khem is overrated.

SunRazer
So anybody gonna answer the question, then?

Nephthys
It's hard to say definitively.

SunRazer
Well I did ask for an approximation, hence why I said "plausibly", not exactly.

Nephthys
Unnnnnn, Yoda I guess.

SunRazer
That's pretty high tier for Hord. I honestly don't rank him above Dooku as a swordsman, but I rank him around or slightly above Vader in Force power.

Then again, my ranking's pretty close to yours. Just depends on how much ease/effort you reckon Yoda could beat him with.

Nephthys
High amounts of effort. Hord is ridiculously powerful and skilled and has sorcery too, it would be an epic fight.

Q99
Eh, I'll go with a number of major sith lords- Exar, Revan, Krayt, etc..

Especially since this is 'can beat.' Even if one of them is weaker, it's probably close enough that it's possible for them to win.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys
High amounts of effort. Hord is ridiculously powerful and skilled and has sorcery too, it would be an epic fight.

Something like this.

Nargaroth
EU Grievous would beat him in a duel. The guy has slaughtered several companies of clone troopers (each consisting of 144 soldiers) that were supported by multiple Jedi with his bare claws and before training with a lightsaber.

Stigma
Originally posted by SunRazer
That's pretty high tier for Hord. I honestly don't rank him above Dooku as a swordsman, but I rank him around or slightly above Vader in Force power.
Well, that's pretty high tier ranking for Hord tbh.

If he is approaching Dooku in swordplay and is above Vader in the force he'd be an absolute beast.

psmith81992
I'm pretty sure he was considered the best of the best of the ancient sith in lightsaber combat, and his force feats are ridiculous, so he's top tier.

FreshestSlice
Hord could solo the entire mythos given his hype. There's no way to actually answer this question.

Stigma
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Hord could solo the entire mythos given his hype. There's no way to actually answer this question.
Hord > Vitiate, huh?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Stigma
Hord > Vitiate, huh?
Hord>ALL

The Merchant
Ehh....I would say Galen can beat him. Maybe Jedi Ulic too since he sorta has a similar hype with him being the strongest out of thousands of Jedi Knights.

carthage
Malgus, Krayt, Kun, Yoda, Sidious, Maul?, Caedus, Vader, Luke, i,e the high tiers

I don't buy his hype, we'll see until he gets actual feats rather than hearsay

The Merchant
Also him pulling down the ship assuming it was the size of the Endar Spire actually wasn't as energetic as people like to believe. Although thanks to SOR he's probably a peer to Kun with that whole spirit thing that happened between the two along with Ragnos and Sadow. Oh yeah, if that's the case Kun does beat him since he was the strongest of the Ancient Sith which includes Hord.

NewGuy01
Tulak Hord is probably a peer of Exar Kun and Darth Vader.

The Merchant
Can Ragnos be scaled from Hord? Not just from the spirit thing in SOR, but wasn't Ragnos considered the strongest Sith before Kun?

SunRazer
Vitiate's canonically more powerful than Hord, and Luke would serve him his ass with fries.

That said, probably this:

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Tulak Hord is probably a peer of Exar Kun and Darth Vader.

Arhael
Originally posted by The Merchant
Can Ragnos be scaled from Hord? Not just from the spirit thing in SOR, but wasn't Ragnos considered the strongest Sith before Kun?
Has he actually been stated the strongest anywhere? He was the longest to stay in power and was noted at how he managed to clash other rivals against each other instead of uniting against him.

SunRazer
He has, but they all occur prior to Naga Sadow's prime, prior to Freedon Nadd, and prior to Hord getting his TOR feats. So it only really applies to the likes of Ludo Kressh, lol.

The one source where he received that claim over Kun, prime Sadow, Kressh and Nadd conflicts with later sources portraying Kun as the most powerful, and it has some incorrect information in it anyway, so it's not as valid as some other sources, which depict Sadow as the most powerful among the Sith Lords of Korriban (again, before Hord got his feats in TOR, although BioWare did write both the quote and Hord's feats), and Kun being more powerful than the Ancient Sith.

DarthAnt66
Someone can beat Hord?

SunRazer
Originally posted by The Merchant
Ehh....I would say Galen can beat him. Maybe Jedi Ulic too since he sorta has a similar hype with him being the strongest out of thousands of Jedi Knights.

Galen's a horrific swordsman, so he loses. And Ulic loses, too, let alone Jedi Ulic.

Dark-Kenshin
There are some who claim Asajji Ventress can beat him IIRC. Might have been a pure saber-duel discussion though. Don't remember.

DarthAnt66
And you believe them?

FreshestSlice
Ventress can't beat Kenobi in sabers, but she can defeat Hord?

ares834
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Ventress can't beat Kenobi in sabers, but she can defeat Hord?

Well, by feats, Kenobi > Hord so....

DarthAnt66
Beating Kallig, Khem Val, and a thousand of Jedi?

lolno.

ares834
Beating Kallig and Val doesn't impress me much.

And the thousand Jedi is hearsay.

DarthAnt66
You disgust me.

SWTORE is hearsay?

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

SWTORE is hearsay?

Yes, actually.

ares834
Where does it straight up say he killed a thousand Jedi in there?

Plus it's written in-universe by a historian over a thousand years in the future. So yeah, hearsay.

Lord Stark
Tulak Hord with hype? Vitiate or Talzin are likely the weakest individuals who can defeat him.

S_W_LeGenD
Tulak might be unparalleled in lightsaber combat. He is also incredibly powerful in the ways of the Force. With such resume, the list of possible superiors drastically shortens.

Per my estimation, Vitiate can defeat Tulak in an all-out confrontation. This is due to the fact that Vitiate's superiority in power is affirmed in the same sources that have significantly hyped and expanded upon Tulak as well.

Other then the aforementioned, Sidious and Luke may have the potential to defeat Tulak in an all-out confrontation. However, I am not ruling out the possibility of their failure either.

psmith81992
Originally posted by carthage
Malgus, Krayt, Kun, Yoda, Sidious, Maul?, Caedus, Vader, Luke, i,e the high tiers

I don't buy his hype, we'll see until he gets actual feats rather than hearsay

You don't buy the hype and would rather see actual feats first, but you already named 9 people who can beat him? Makes a lot of sense.

SunRazer
Khem's renowned for his physical strength/Force resistance/devouring or whatever, not blade prowess. Kallig's supposed to be quite decent, but again, his only feat is beating Hord's right hand man - he probably isn't overwhelming as a combatant, to be honest.

Hord developing a unique lightsaber form that most Jedi, if not all, weren't really aware of implies that it'd be quite easy to cut down a Jedi for him - if anything, the descriptions of his skill would suggest that he could cut them down almost like fodder, if not exactly that. In that case, taking down an army of Jedi, if we can really trust that, is a physical feat (endurance, speed, etc.), not so much skill.

The reason Hord's so high up in skill is because he's canonically (as per Chris Avellone, at least) above Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Ludo Kressh etc. as a swordsman, all of whom are legendary swordsmen.

DarthAnt66
Reading that post was traumatizing.

SunRazer
Nothing's as traumatizing as hearing you mock others without being able to generate an adequate response yourself. You buy way too much into hype, lol.

I'm not saying Khem and Kallig aren't masterful swordsmen - Kreia implies that there were many "truly masterful duelists" in Hord's day, and these could easily be two of them - but in comparison to many of the bigger names mentioned in this thread, they're hardly overwhelming.

SunRazer
And for the record, I find it very possible that Tulak's on par with tier 9 swordsmen just below Yoda (ie. Dooku and Mace), but that depends on the level of hype you buy. He's anywhere from just above Obi-Wan/Maul to that level I mentioned.

SIDIOUS 66
I'm with mijo Cart on this.

His hype and hearsay feats only suggests he's well above average, but I'd need more context on his feats to even place him on Maul's level, with Maul being canonically stated by several sources to be among the most skilled sith in history, and having well above average force feats. IDK, I've always had a hard time giving too much credit on a bunch of implications, unless such implications give us more confirmation, which Horde's doesn't when compared to other top tiers thousands of years after him.

Really, it's hard to say.

Nephthys
If Hord isn't among the most skilled sith in history I'll eat my hat. The guy was legendary for his skill centuries after his death.

Zenwolf
If Hord isn't among the most skilled sith in history I'll eat my hat. The guy was legendary for his skill centuries after his death.

A century isn't that long when looking at the SW timeline and then seeing other Jedi/Sith and so on with actual notable feats and so forth.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
Nothing's as traumatizing as hearing you mock others without being able to generate an adequate response yourself. You buy way too much into hype, lol.

I'm not saying Khem and Kallig aren't masterful swordsmen - Kreia implies that there were many "truly masterful duelists" in Hord's day, and these could easily be two of them - but in comparison to many of the bigger names mentioned in this thread, they're hardly overwhelming.
I'll respond tomorrow night. thumb up I'll bookmark this debate for now.

Col. Valerian
Maybe Nox, too, considering he's his heir (in terms of power and skill, not bloodline) and by the end of the Inquisitor storyline Khem acknowledges Nox's power compared to Hord's, whereas at the beginning he says you're basically trash compared to him.

WildBantha88
Cronal could beat him

SunRazer
Just because you make a respect thread for somebody doesn't mean you have to wank as hard as you can. Hord shoves Cronal's shit in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.