Black suspect dies after Baltimore cops break his spine in ‘brutal’ police beating:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/black-suspect-dies-after-baltimore-cops-break-his-spine-in-brutal-police-beating/

article from Baltimore Sun http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-freddie-gray-20150419-story.html#page=1

jaden101
This forum needs to be renamed the 'whites are racist...No, blacks are'.

***** are ***** regardless of colour or status.

Henry_Pym
I think we should pull the police out of black neighborhoods, put them in white neighborhoods. That will stop the violence.

Laurie
Originally posted by jaden101

We're all guilty of being prejudice against others, whether the degree is intangible or blatant. It seems to be a human trait to be clannish.

As if we're not taxed enough already. The case above is an extreme example, but police all over the world have their bad eggs. We simply can't have the police policing themselves, because when they're exonerated, by themselves of course, it sends the message to others that they are above the law, which is nonsense.

I live for the best part of each year in the UK... Little story to emphasize the point. My cousin, some time ago was out with her husband in their car. White, well heeled, He's in banking, and she's a Teacher. They also had their two children in the car, both under ten at the time.

They were driving on a city ring road when all of a sudden a car shot out of a side road in front of them almost causing my cousin's husband to swerve. There were two men in the car, and both appeared to be pulling on their clothes. My cousin's husband flashed his lights to let them know that what they'd done was dangerous and illegal.

They were astonished when the guys in the unmarked car in front (the offending car) pulled them over. They were cops. They were totally in the wrong, yet they threatened my cousin and her husband with all sorts of repercussions for flashing their lights in mild irritation.

Those cops could have killed my cousin, her husband and their children, or caused a serious accident to them and others on that ring road, driving like maniacs as they were; yet they felt that they had the right to act superior and sanctimoniously, and threaten them.

Absolutely pissed with power...

Henry_Pym
In 4 years only about 100 people sued the state, "cause the cops were rough with me."

Also your story seems a little odd, was it a marked police cruiser that was the one that pulled them over? If so the police cruiser has the right of way, assuming there isn't a light there or some other reason that your cousin would be in the right.

But either way most places are making the billion dollar (per city) jump to body cameras. I personally like the idea but being indignant on the current cost on tax payers while supporting this is a little short sighted, no?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
I think we should pull the police out of black neighborhoods, put them in white neighborhoods. That will stop the violence.

This is an interesting idea. Maybe it would stop all this.

SayWhat
Not being there it's hard to know what happened. It could have been a running battle with a drug dealer or bad azz in town and some cop just got fed up with it and went PTSD on the perp. Not saying that is right, but cops are people too and they can easily snap. Baltimore one of the worst black on black crime areas in the country per capita. Not being the fly on the wall it's difficult what set the dynamics in place to start the situation and what happened after initial contact.

Lestov16
Maryland Governor just called a state of emergency after riots broke out in Baltimore over Gray's death.

SayWhat
I was perplexed in my school days as to what all the riots in the 60's were about. Now seeing it in the last year, I can honestly see this is a going to be a problem for years to come. I wish I am wrong about this, but get the feeling I am not.

Omega Vision
Bloods and Crips are teaming up to wage war on the police.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Bloods and Crips are teaming up to wage war on the police. Its just another pastime for them, nothing new, probably go back shooting each other again.

Sacred 117

Still a better team than Congress. thumb up

Time Immemorial
Looks like the city got burned down last night.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/28/us/baltimore-riots/index.html

Lestov16
Already made a thread about this

Robtard
Request a merge

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16
Already made a thread about this

Oh my bad, Where?

Surtur
I hate the trash who loot, burn, and riot over this stuff. Honestly, I find more "honor" in burning your city because your favorite team lost. Only because at least you aren't taking advantage of a dead kid in order to burn shit in his name. I'd rather people do it in the name of a crappy sports team. I find rioting for any reason distasteful, but damn..you hear a kid is dead and go "time for some new clothes plus hey fire!" and you are a special piece of trash.

I feel bad for all the businesses of innocent people ruined. Honestly, if I owned one of these places I'd be sitting out front with a damn shotgun. I'd love to see a looter try to loot my stuff or burn my store(if I had one). Some might say that is overkill, but nah, these stores are these peoples livelihoods. If some little wannabe thug wants to come try to loot or burn it..a person should have the right to respond with deadly force.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Oh my bad, Where?

Technically the topic seems to be about a specific person killed during the riot by cops, not specifically an all around "Baltimore Riot" topic that I can see. So I dunno, a merger might not be necessary. Or if they do merge, make sure you keep the title of this topic, so people know it's for all around discussion of the riots.

Surtur
Okay so Obama came out and said we should treat these people as criminals. *Shakes head*. Christ almighty, why does our president feel the need to tell us to treat criminals like criminals? It's not like rioting, looting, and burning was legal until now.

I can picture if he was president during 9/11: "Treat the people who crashed these planes as terrorists".

Lestov16
Originally posted by Surtur

Technically the topic seems to be about a specific person killed during the riot by cops, not specifically an all around "Baltimore Riot" topic that I can see. So I dunno, a merger might not be necessary. Or if they do merge, make sure you keep the title of this topic, so people know it's for all around discussion of the riots.

What? My thread is about the death of Freddie Gray, the cause of these riots to begin with. Would seem odd to have a thread about the riots and not the brutal death that incited it.

Lestov16

http://m.wbaltv.com/news/gang-members-we-did-not-make-truce-to-harm-cops/32609810

Impediment
Merged.

Surtur
What? My thread is about the death of Freddie Gray, the cause of these riots to begin with. Would seem odd to have a thread about the riots and not the brutal death that incited it.

Perhaps, but I find them separate. This isn't just only over the death of Freddy Gray, that was just the final straw. Also, if we are discussing riots and stuff isn't that going to take away from the issue of the young mans death, which is why I thought separate topics would still be a good idea.

Also the title of the topic suggests a discussion about the man killed by cops, not about the rioting. It's no big deal really.

Surtur
http://m.wbaltv.com/news/gang-members-we-did-not-make-truce-to-harm-cops/32609810

Strange on the radio I heard that gang leaders were reaching out to cops offering to try to help calm the riots.

Which really says a lot if true...if the cops need to rely on friggin gang members to calm this situation down.

Lestov16
Love how he tries to articulate the situation, only for the reporter to ignore him

http://theweek.com/speedreads/552173/watch-baltimore-city-councilman-try-explain-roots-black-anger-fox-news

Robtard
LoL

"But Black people are looting the liquor store. Just look!"

dadudemon
Here is a photo of the Baltimore community cleaning up the CVS Store that was looted and burned by the scumbag thugs/criminals:

http://i.imgur.com/ujfqjM5.jpg

Racists: take a close look at the color of their skin.

My point is, the looters/thugs/criminals represent a small percentage of the population. The rest are just normal everyday folk living just like you and I are living. Personally, I think most people are good. Those pieces of shit looters do not represent most people and they definitely do not represent the black people of Baltimore.

Also, if anyone needs a hug, I have plenty.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL

"But Black people are looting the liquor store. Just look!"

Well hey someone they never even met nor even knew existed died so..who wouldn't need liquor in such an instance?! You'd need it sooo badly you can't even pay for it, you just loot it. That's why when my grandma died I robbed 18 liquor stores.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Here is a photo of the Baltimore community cleaning up the CVS Store that was looted and burned by the scumbag thugs/criminals:

My point is, the looters/thugs/criminals represent a small percentage of the population. The rest are just normal everyday folk living just like you and I are living. Personally, I think most people are good. Those pieces of shit looters do not represent most people and they definitely do not represent the black people of Baltimore.

Also, if anyone needs a hug, I have plenty.

The problem is they are a small percentage true, but a LOUD AS F*CK small percentage. The ordinary people aren't causing trouble, so people won't take notice. They will notice the looting, burning, and rioting. I'm not saying this means it is okay to say "all black people do this" or anything, I'm just saying this is why some people have this mentality.

Lestov16
Seriously? The looters clearly didn't care about Gray's death and were just using the unrest as an opportunity to steal. Please don't tell me this another one of those cases where idiots try to lump the protesters and looters into a single group.

Lestov16
The problem is they are a small percentage true, but a LOUD AS F*CK small percentage. The ordinary people aren't causing trouble, so people won't take notice. They will notice the looting, burning, and rioting. I'm not saying this means it is okay to say "all black people do this" or anything, I'm just saying this is why some people have this mentality.

It's not a matter of being "loud". It has a lot to do with sensationalist news coverage. You barely see coverage of the peaceful protests, such as this:
zfR1DOfGUL0

Chaos is more marketable than peace. Same thing happened in Ferguson where meaningless sensationalist coverage of the looting overshadowed the important message of the peaceful protesters.

Surtur
Well yeah, but news usually tends to be more negative. They will report on a murder, but if no murders took place that day they probably won't be reporting on how no murders took place, they will just find something else.

Lestov16
That's...kind of the point. It's sensationalism and in this case it's spreading ignorance. News media is supposed to above all be devoted to informing the public, not seeing what violent imagery is going to most attract viewership, at the cost of the context of the situation.

Mindset

Also, if anyone needs a hug, I have plenty. Why are those white people so tan?

dadudemon
Samuel L. Jackson helps, too:

http://i.imgur.com/5eQORSw.jpg

That's not really Samuel L. Jackson. No, you STFU.

Mindset
Looks like DDM has finally lost it.

Robtard
DDM thinks all Black people look the same

Mindset
DDM is Samuel L Jackson.

Robtard
DDM's too fat to be SLJ.

Time Immemorial
Burn that city down!

Surtur
That's...kind of the point. It's sensationalism and in this case it's spreading ignorance. News media is supposed to above all be devoted to informing the public, not seeing what violent imagery is going to most attract viewership, at the cost of the context of the situation.

I don't know if I agree about the context thing. I don't think they report it out of context. Everyone knows why the looters are looting. Or rather, everyone knows their excuse for looting(the death of Freddy Gray). I also haven't seen a news site actually saying anything like "all black people are like this" or acting like a majority of people are like this. So what is being taken out of context?

Time Immemorial
SO how the hell is there a curfew and national guard deployed but no martial law.

They can deploy troops now without declaring martial law now?

Great news..

Stringer
West Baltimore needs all the help it can get. Pre and post riot

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Stringer
West Baltimore needs all the help it can get. Pre and post riot

Damn man how is it over there, your painting the streets red?

Stringer
Damn man how is it over there, your painting the streets red?

Let's just say the man cave is set for football season!

SayWhat
After looking at BBC News of this event, seems most of the looter are from the local high schools. The worst kind of bigots, the ignorant and immature teens who are the smarty pants know it all type. Ug. You can not reason with non sense people.

SayWhat
Although I do like the vid of a mom kid slapping her son who tried to loot. Need more parents doing that do their kids. Apparently the kids name is Nate.

SayWhat
Forget about sending out the cops and troops, send out the pissed off moms of these kids!

SayWhat
Not to pee on some folks cornflakes, did not see too many whites looting.

Stringer
Say what?!?

SayWhat
Pennsylvania Ave got the worst of the looting. Just 38 miles away or so POTUS on 1600 Penn Ave in DC, rightfully calls out the punks.

SayWhat
Looting not too far from MLK Blvd, I bet MLK family real happy to hear that.

Stringer
Probably

jinXed by JaNx
heres a thought how about not breaking the law

NemeBro
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
heres a thought how about not breaking the law What is this in reference to?

Mindset
Originally posted by NemeBro
What is this in reference to? The cops beating Gray, I think.

NemeBro
We don't even know why he was arrested, lol.

Mindset
Originally posted by NemeBro
We don't even know why he was arrested, lol. Probably for resisting arrest. lulface

Jmanghan
Worst part?

We can't fight back.

If we defend ourselves, we got a worse beating, and we got the charge of resisting arrest, if we survive, that is.

It's really ****ed up and sad that we have to live like this, afraid of the people that are supposed to protect us. What if one of us is put in this situation?

Scribble
Originally posted by Mindset
lulface Oh shit! He lives on!

Time Immemorial
Baltimore heats up again tonight as rioters rebel against curfew and police.

Stringer

You mean gives the stink eye and runs?

I hear that's deserving of of a broken spine these days.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Worst part?

We can't fight back.

If we defend ourselves, we got a worse beating, and we got the charge of resisting arrest, if we survive, that is.

It's really ****ed up and sad that we have to live like this, afraid of the people that are supposed to protect us. What if one of us is put in this situation?

Misguided

Time Immemorial
I hope they burn everyones house down besides Stringers, then he can take over West Baltimore with zero opposition.

AsbestosFlaygon
Then Stringer will be remembered as the hero of West Baltimore.

Like that American Sniper dude.

Or that watermelon vendor who immolated himself somewhere in the Middle East.

Star428
Worst part?

We can't fight back.

Correction: Perhaps you can't fight back. Thankfully, many true Americans who will always have a fighting spirit don't share your defeatist attitude. Good thing that the American Revolution wasn't fought by pansies like you.

Jmanghan
Uh, if you fought back, not only would you get a charge, but you will not be able to take on the ever-increasing police force that is beating the living shit out of you.

I don't care if you're Bruce Lee, police have too many numbers, and if one of them has one mindset, it's obvious tons more will do the same thing.

Of course, if I thought my life was threatened, I'd fight for my life, but I'd lose, and so would you.

Omega Vision
Uh, if you fought back, not only would you get a charge, but you will not be able to take on the ever-increasing police force that is beating the living shit out of you.

I don't care if you're Bruce Lee, police have too many numbers, and if one of them has one mindset, it's obvious tons more will do the same thing.

Of course, if I thought my life was threatened, I'd fight for my life, but I'd lose, and so would you.
Are you saying Mindset might join the police?

Oh shit, we're ****ed.

Nibedicus
Are you saying Mindset might join the police?

Oh shit, we're ****ed.

I could imagine a dramatic increase in cavity searches.

sad

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nibedicus
I could imagine a dramatic increase in cavity searches.

sad

Can confirm: Mindset checks the health of my teeth, frequently. awesome

Robtard

Looking at Gray's arrest record, he has a fairly long one, mostly drug dealing and possession.

So the man was a criminal, but does being a criminal mean the police can damage your spine and larynx to the point you go into a coma and die while being transported?

Spawningpool
Justice for blacks!!!
Let's go burn a cvs pharmacy!
Maybe this is just an excuse to steal things

Nibedicus
Can confirm: Mindset checks the health of my teeth, frequently. awesome

Just like you to have teeth in your anus....

Surtur

Spawningpool

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Just like you to have teeth in your anus....

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2526.gif

(JK: I lol'd)

Surtur
Originally posted by Spawningpool
Illuminati confirmed

Even worse are the people telling us we are WRONG for interpreting her statement that way. They say "oh she didn't mean that, she meant they gave space to peaceful protesters, but as a result that also gave space to rioters".

Even though she quite clearly flat out says "we also gave space to those who wished to destroy as well". It's like..damn, how DARE we accuse her of saying..what she said.

Spawningpool
Even worse are the people telling us we are WRONG for interpreting her statement that way. They say "oh she didn't mean that, she meant they gave space to peaceful protesters, but as a result that also gave space to rioters".

Even though she quite clearly flat out says "we also gave space to those who wished to destroy as well". It's like..damn, how DARE we accuse her of saying..what she said.
So they are saying its wrong to point out what she said? Wtf?

Surtur
So they are saying its wrong to point out what she said? Wtf?

Yep, and calling people stupid for interpreting the statement the way they did. Even though her statement is quite clear.

These are probably the same people complaining about that mother who was slapping the crap out of her kid for being involved in the riots. Even though that is exactly what parents should be doing to kids who do this kind of thing, some went on whiny little tangents about how horrible it was and how her being a bad parent is the reason the kid turned out that way. Which means they legitimately believe that in the history of the human race..we've never had people who had good parents who still turned out to be criminals.

It's a scary thought the depths people will go to..to try to swing the conversation in a direction away from what matters. They are almost worse then the rioters because they want to pretend like they are ostriches and just stick their damn heads into the ground.

Spawningpool
Yep, and calling people stupid for interpreting the statement the way they did. Even though her statement is quite clear.

These are probably the same people complaining about that mother who was slapping the crap out of her kid for being involved in the riots. Even though that is exactly what parents should be doing to kids who do this kind of thing, some went on whiny little tangents about how horrible it was and how her being a bad parent is the reason the kid turned out that way. Which means they legitimately believe that in the history of the human race..we've never had people who had good parents who still turned out to be criminals.

It's a scary thought the depths people will go to..to try to swing the conversation in a direction away from what matters. They are almost worse then the rioters because they want to pretend like they are ostriches and just stick their damn heads into the ground.
I guess some people do prefer ignorance

Lestov16
There is no maybe here, none of this has to do with Freddy Gray really.

confused Um....source?

Just so I'm clear, you believe Gray deserves no protests for his death and EVERY person protesting out there is some kind of criminal. You do know that in practically every culture and group of society, there are opportunists looking to exploit a tragedy. This case is especially understandable since most of looters seem to be immature high school students. There are others out there who are actually peacefully protesting about a horrific murder in which a guy's spine was snapped like a twig out of cruelty, but you don't seem to care about that.

And again, if you're saying Gray's death shouldn't be protested period, you're saying we should be complacent with police brutality.

It's a scary thought the depths people will go to..to try to swing the conversation in a direction away from what matters.

That's exactly what you're doing. Shifting the conversation from a horrifying murder by police to dumb high school kids looting.

MF DELPH
I personally think that in adult discourse there's enough space to acknowledge and condemn both the police brutality that led to this tragedy AND the resultant looting, while also acknowledging that not all of the protesters are looting. However, there is a large enough contingent of looters and rioters to where common sense would deem that calling that group out specifically (i.e., the looters are assh*les) is not aimed at the peaceful marchers, and there's no need for the peaceful protestors, or their supporters, to be offended at the condemnation of the violent contingent. The issue isn't their peaceful efforts being purposely ignored, it's the other opportunist contingent ****ing up the perception of the group they are allegedly a part of. Just like the bad cops that make all cops look bad and law enforcement, collectively, is viewed through a lens of mistrust. Or the brothas that are 'bout dat life' that cause those of us living a law abiding, responsible lifestyle to also be profiled.

Time Immemorial
Just heard on MSNBC from Lawrence ODonnell that Washington Post leaked some info that Freddy Grey intentional hurt himself.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/prisoner-in-van-said-freddie-gray-was-banging-against-the-walls-during-ride/2015/04/29/56d7da10-eec6-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3061824/Witness-says-Freddie-Gray-trying-hurt-Baltimore-police-van-Wash-Post.html

AsbestosFlaygon
Just heard on MSNBC from Lawrence ODonnell that Washington Post leaked some info that Freddy Grey intentional hurt himself.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/prisoner-in-van-said-freddie-gray-was-banging-against-the-walls-during-ride/2015/04/29/56d7da10-eec6-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3061824/Witness-says-Freddie-Gray-trying-hurt-Baltimore-police-van-Wash-Post.html
I don't think anyone is stupid enough to break their own spine and induce themselves in a self-afflicted coma on purpose.

The cops were at fault there. These sound to me as cover-ups for police effing up once again.

Still, there is no excuse for the looters sacking and pillaging the town.
It seems as if the majority of the US citizens' collective mentality is to riot/protest over any instance of authoritarian abuse.
Some evil people are using the abuse incidents as a reason just to steal/break stuff and/or hurt other people.

Time Immemorial
More stuff spilling out about this story.

Turns out the guy prolly wasn't even what people thought.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/30/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-death-investigation/index.html

AsbestosFlaygon
Stringer, what's the status out there?

AsbestosFlaygon
"I'll go burn down my neighborhood 'cause a cop accidentally killed someone I don't know."

Spawningpool
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
"I'll go burn down my neighborhood 'cause a cop accidentally killed someone I don't know."
And some how that's a cop accidentally killing someone means the same thing as racist

Omega Vision
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I personally think that in adult discourse there's enough space to acknowledge and condemn both the police brutality that led to this tragedy AND the resultant looting, while also acknowledging that not all of the protesters are looting. However, there is a large enough contingent of looters and rioters to where common sense would deem that calling that group out specifically (i.e., the looters are assh*les) is not aimed at the peaceful marchers, and there's no need for the peaceful protestors, or their supporters, to be offended at the condemnation of the violent contingent. The issue isn't their peaceful efforts being purposely ignored, it's the other opportunist contingent ****ing up the perception of the group they are allegedly a part of. Just like the bad cops that make all cops look bad and law enforcement, collectively, is viewed through a lens of mistrust. Or the brothas that are 'bout dat life' that cause those of us living a law abiding, responsible lifestyle to also be profiled.
I've read some rather interesting op eds from black intellectuals which suggest that because the system in Baltimore (and arguably America as a whole) is tipped so far against poor blacks, violent protests might be the only way of bringing enough attention on their plight to actually secure hope of real change (a squeaky wheel gets the grease scenario). The headline of these commentaries is always basically "no one cares about black anger and black anguish until cars get set on fire, so set some cars on fire."

Time Immemorial

It looks like the guy killed himself after all.

Guy wasn't even hurt by cops, he did it to himself.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/30/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-death-investigation/index.html

Time Immemorial
Guy arrested for wielding a illegal knife.

Guy go nutz banging his head against van and palling in the van.

Guy dies for breaking the law and being an idiot.

Community burns city down.

Spawningpool
Guy arrested for wielding a illegal knife.

Guy go nutz banging his head against van and palling in the van.

Guy dies for breaking the law and being an idiot.

Community burns city down.
Still a better love story than twilight

Time Immemorial
Rodney King rioting was exactly 23 years ago due to police brutality.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2015/04/29/two-riots-23-years-apart-from-rodney-king-to-freddie-gray/

Why didn't the white community riot when OJ got off?

Surtur
Also guys, look at this kids friggin rap sheet:

http://heavy.com/news/2015/04/freddie-gray-arrest-record-criminal-history-rap-sheet-why-was-freddie-gray-arrested/

HOW was this person not already in friggin jail? No wonder he ran.

confused Um....source?

Just so I'm clear, you believe Gray deserves no protests for his death and EVERY person protesting out there is some kind of criminal. You do know that in practically every culture and group of society, there are opportunists looking to exploit a tragedy. This case is especially understandable since most of looters seem to be immature high school students. There are others out there who are actually peacefully protesting about a horrific murder in which a guy's spine was snapped like a twig out of cruelty, but you don't seem to care about that.

I never said he deserves no protests. He just doesn't deserve riots, looting, and burning. It's not understandable just because they are all high school students, where the hell are their god damn parents? Also, I've seen images and videos, not every looter is in high school, some look like grown ass adults.

You are right I don't care about the peaceful protests, and why? Because they are doing it the CORRECT way. There is no reason to be concerned about it, they are going about this the proper way. As opposed to the trash looting and burning. See the people who hear about this death and use it as an excuse to loot and burn are the ones we truly need to be worried about, we need these people weeded out of society and put in prison.

So those are the people I meant when I said they are not doing this over this guys death. They are just animals using any excuse to act out their violent tendencies. Actually scratch that, calling them animals is an insult to animals. If they cared about Freddy they would be peacefully protesting. Especially after the guys parents friggin tell people violence is not the answer and yet..the riots did not stop after the parents said that. Which truly goes to show the people didn't give a f*ck about this kids death.

Mindset

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2015/04/29/two-riots-23-years-apart-from-rodney-king-to-freddie-gray/

Why didn't the white community riot when OJ got off? Why did white people riot over pumpkins, who knows?

Mindset
It looks like the guy killed himself after all.

Guy wasn't even hurt by cops, he did it to himself.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/30/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-death-investigation/index.html Did you even read the article?

Surtur
Why did white people riot over pumpkins, who knows?

White people LOVE pumpkin spiced coffee.

dadudemon
White people LOVE pumpkin spiced coffee.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE pumpkin cheesecake.

Its a 9.5 out of 10, for me, when done right.

Edit - oops, off topic. Don't ban me, bro! I want pumpkin cheesecake and less racism!

Omega Vision

Why didn't the white community riot when OJ got off?
Three reasons that I can think of:

1) The OJ verdict was a one off case. The whole reason it was so noteworthy is that it was one of the few times in American history when a clearly guilty black person was let off the hook, whereas it's happened often with clearly guilty white people. If this were a habitual event, you can be sure white resentment would have been much worse.

2) White people aren't economically disadvantaged or victimized by the criminal justice system, so again, less motive to riot

3) The OJ case wasn't a civil rights case and didn't stem from preexisting racial tensions. That the victim was white was circumstantial and had nothing to do with why OJ killed her (he was just a scumbag who wanted to kill his wife)

Mindset
White people LOVE pumpkin spiced coffee. They really do, I don't get the hype.

Spawningpool
They really do, I don't get the hype.
You know black people and watermelon it's like that

Mindset
You know black people and watermelon it's like that But everyone likes watermelon.

Also, I don't like watermelon.

Surtur
They also sell some awesome "pumpkin pie" poptarts near Thanksgiving. I stock up on them by going to Aldi's to get a lot.

Mindset
Sweet potato pie >>>>>>>>> pumpkin pie.

Spawningpool
But everyone likes watermelon.

I don't like it I'm mildly allergic to it

dadudemon
Sweet potato pie >>>>>>>>> pumpkin pie.

thumb down

no expression

Sweet potato pie is the disappointing version of pumpkin pie.

It's like your kid expecting a Superman and Spider-man action figure but he opens up these on Christmas:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/sites/default/files/public/article/images/featured/2013/03/1665120.jpg

Mindset
thumb down

no expression

Sweet potato pie is the disappointing version of pumpkin pie.

It's like your kid expecting a Superman and Spider-man action figure but he opens up these on Christmas:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/sites/default/files/public/article/images/featured/2013/03/1665120.jpg You may be the worst person alive.

Tzeentch
You may be the worst person alive.

Mindset
It has a weird texture.

Just like your face!

#gottem

Time Immemorial
So who is surprised by the recent developments?

Mindset
About that other prisoner in the van that couldn't see him?

Robtard
What has developed since yesterday 3ish PST?

Mindset
What has developed since yesterday 3ish PST? A fellow prisoner in the van that couldn't see Gray said that he thought Gray was intentionally trying to injure himself.

He must be Daredevil.

Robtard
He's a criminal and criminals are known liars.

Mindset
He's a criminal and criminals are known liars. Nope, not this one.

Bardock42
Originally posted by jaden101

Originally posted by Laurie
We're all guilty of being prejudice against others, whether the degree is intangible or blatant. It seems to be a human trait to be clannish.

Yeah! Nazis hate jews...jews hate nazis! Can't we all just move on???

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah! Nazis hate jews...jews hate nazis! Can't we all just move on???

I did Nazi this post coming...

Bardock42
I did Nazi see this post coming...

I think you messed that up a bit.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think you messed that up a bit.

May that joke RIP in peace.

Time Immemorial
He's a criminal and criminals are known liars.

Michael Brown's partner in crime said he had his hands up and was shot in the back and everyone believed him. But he had a reason to lie. Anyways the truth always comes out like it did then, it will again soon.

Mindset
Michael Brown's partner in crime said he had his hands up and was shot in the back and everyone believed him. But he had a reason to lie. But you didn't. thumb up

Spawningpool
Michael Brown's partner in crime said he had his hands up and was shot in the back and everyone believed him. But he had a reason to lie.
It's so stupid that people twist the truth

Time Immemorial
But you didn't. thumb up

Correct

Mindset
Correct Well, it's good to know you don't trust this criminal either.

Robtard
Michael Brown's partner in crime said he had his hands up and was shot in the back and everyone believed him. But he had a reason to lie. Anyways the truth always comes out like it did then, it will again soon.

Why do you believe this criminal then?

Time Immemorial
Why do you believe this criminal then?

Michael Brown's accomplice had a reason to lie.

This other guy, we don't know his motive.

What we do know is the guy was fine before he got in the van, and the huge question initially everyone was asking was "what happened in the van."

Now we are hearing that that the van had an undisclosed stop.

Not sure what I think yet, this has just presented itself today.

Too soon to tell, but I am not picking sides yet until more evidence comes out.

Did they stop the van and beat him? Wouldn't the other criminal have mentioned this stop and beating?

Another thing is circling that he might have had a pre existing spinal injury.

So many questions...

Robtard
I think being in police custody is a good motive in giving evidence that supports the police when they're being questioned about a possible wrongdoing.

Coroner's report claims that a damaged larynx was also part of the reason in Gray's death. Maybe he crushed it himself.

Time Immemorial
I think being in police custody is a good motive in giving evidence that supports the police when they're being questioned about a possible wrongdoing.

We don't know what the wrong doing is though by the police, we have video of him being held down because the guy was armed and dangerous, we have zero video or eyewitness of him being beat..by anyone.

dadudemon

Coroner's report claims that a crushed larynx was also part of the reason in Gray's death. Maybe he crushed it himself.

So you think that being in police custody is a good case for helping exonerate the police?

Why would the opposite not be true?

Mindset

What we do know is the guy was fine before he got in the van We do?

Time Immemorial

Coroner's report claims that a damaged larynx was also part of the reason in Gray's death. Maybe he crushed it himself.

I'm not defending the police, I'm trying to find the truth.

Robtard
So you think that being in police custody is a good case for helping exonerate the police?

Why would the opposite not be true?

If I was a criminal that feared for my life or was told that I could get a deal, sure.

SayWhat
Add cameras to the holding cell, even if it is on wheels; in addition to body cams and dashboard cams.

Time Immemorial
If I was a criminal that feared for my life or was told that I could get a deal, sure.

What do you think happened?

Robtard
What do you think happened?

Gray suffered injuries to his spine and throat which caused him to go into coma (while in police custody) and eventual death. Those appear to be facts no one is disputing.

IMO, police rough-handled another black criminal and he died from his injuries. Even if Gray had a preexisting condition, it's still the police's fault. If we go with "Gray had spinal surgery recently" as fact, his spine was still damaged between him being arrested and going into a coma in the truck, that also doesn't explain away the throat injuries at all.

dadudemon

Interesting.

I see the opposite. I think a better case can be made for wanting to harm the person because they know they won't get into trouble. 6 police versus 1 very crimey criminal. Who is the DA going to believe?

Also, would not the police have forensic evidence on their person/uniforms if they beat the person? Even if they washed their clothes and knuckles/hands, they'd still have stuff on them: skin, blood, hair, fibers, etc.

And their bodies would be damaged from harming him. Bruising on their knuckles, scratches from him resisting.

It's not like on TV: humans get their gross flesh and fluids on everything. In a fight, there's tons of evidence.

Gray suffered injuries to his spine and throat which caused him to go into coma (while in police custody) and eventual death. Those appear to be facts no one is disputing.

IMO, police rough-handled another black criminal and he died from his injuries. Even if Gray had a preexisting condition, it's still the police's fault. Even if we go with "Gray had spinal surgery recently" as fact, his spine was still damaged between him being arrested and going into a coma in the truck, that also doesn't explain away the throat injuries at all.

I don't know what you're trying to say, now. I thought you were supporting an innocence case for the police.

So you are in support of Gray?

Mindset
Interesting.

I see the opposite. I think a better case can be made for wanting to harm the person because they know they won't get into trouble. 6 police versus 1 very crimey criminal. Who is the DA going to believe?

Also, would not the police have forensic evidence on their person/uniforms if they beat the person? Even if they washed their clothes and knuckles/hands, they'd still have stuff on them: skin, blood, hair, fibers, etc.

And their bodies would be damaged from harming him. Bruising on their knuckles, scratches from him resisting.

It's not like on TV: humans get their gross flesh and fluids on everything. In a fight, there's tons of evidence. They should be able to tell if the damage was self-inflicted.

Robtard
I don't really support Gray, he has a long arrest record of being a scummy guy. Doesn't mean the police have a right to cause his death though.

Bashar Teg
is that the official explanation now? suicide? at what point will the department of justice step in and end this ****ing clown show?

dadudemon
They should be able to tell if the damage was self-inflicted.

Yes, that too. Especially that.

AsbestosFlaygon
That was the first question that popped on my mind when they said it was a suicide.

I mean, the coroner and the forensics should be able to tell if those were self-afflicted injuries.

On the other hand, what's bothering me is the delaying of the police report. Baltimore police dept. are up to somthing fishy.
Waiting it out will probably lead to more burning/looting by mob thugs in the streets.

Omega Vision
I don't really support Gray, he has a long arrest record of being a scummy guy. Doesn't mean the police have a right to cause his death though.
This is the fundamental disconnect between people demanding more police accountability and those who unconditionally defend the police. Criminals have human rights, and there rules about what the police can and can't do, and it isn't supporting a criminal when you point out that the police overstep their bounds in handling said criminal, it's holding the police to the standard society should set for them.

If we turn a blind eye to police abuse of criminals, it makes it easier for the police to start abusing other noncriminal citizens.

Mindset
This is the fundamental disconnect between people demanding more police accountability and those who unconditionally defend the police. Criminals have human rights, and there rules about what the police can and can't do, and it isn't supporting a criminal when you point out that the police overstep their bounds in handling said criminal, it's holding the police to the standard society should set for them.

If we turn a blind eye to police abuse of criminals, it makes it easier for the police to start abusing other noncriminal citizens. These pro cop no matter what people don't seem to realize that if cops are beating criminals, then they're, y'know, also criminals.

Mindset
Apparently, the police van made an additional, previously, unknown stop.

Omega Vision
These pro cop no matter what people don't seem to realize that if cops are beating criminals, then they're, y'know, also criminals.
"Some people respect the badge, everyone respects the gun...but you know, if you also have a badge you can get away with it sometimes."

dadudemon
I googled "Logical riots"

Nothing of relevance came up.

And here's the issue: I agree that you probably wouldn't join in riots (well, I don't know you, but I don't get any violent vibes from you) but you probably weren't born into a poor, uneducated black family in an impoverished area rife with crime and with few realistic prospects. It's all well and good to look down from your pedestal on the rioters when you've probably lived a much more privileged life.

I'm not going to condone the riots, I think there are better ways of gaining the world's attention and spotlighting Baltimore's many problems, but I'm also not going to join in on the circle jerk of sanctimonious contempt for the people of Baltimore that seems to be clogging up the internet. It's completely useless and will only further entrench the Us vs Them mentality that's causing the riots in the first place.

You're sounding an awful lot like Jesus Christ in this post. You know...wise, charitable, benevolent, understanding, etc.

Now if only more Christians could have this view.

I find it weird that so many people who are clearly racist in this situation are "white Christians."

Stringer
Stringer, what's the status out there?

A lot whiter

Time Immemorial
I fear that this is not the last time this is going to happen where a city rages.

Omega Vision
You're sounding an awful lot like Jesus Christ in this post. You know...wise, charitable, benevolent, understanding, etc.

Now if only more Christians could have this view.

I find it weird that so many people who are clearly racist in this situation are "white Christians."
A few days ago I unfriended someone for the first time on FB because she outed herself as a bigot regarding the Baltimore riots.

It's funny--my friends from here in Miami are all posting links to the Daily Kos and The Guardian and Salon decrying the racism infecting America while my old friends from Niceville are putting up status updates where they hope the cops start shooting the rioters. There are two Floridas, and I'm like the bridge between them.

vansonbee
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDycDGSUIAAkxWY.jpg
http://img1.owned.com/media/images/3/0/8/7/30875/obama_agree_s_540.jpg

@Omegavision, what did your friend stated exactly? Details?

SayWhat

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>