Super Skrull vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Who wins

Sin I AM
Hmmmm tough. Going with the skrull.

StiltmanFTW
Brain crushing tactic allowed?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Brain crushing tactic allowed? ?

leonidas
via invisible force field. similar to the bubble in the brain. if tony can defend something like that he would have a chance. skrull likely is more powerful. this is close to a split imo. i've come to develop some respect for the skrull....

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Insane Titan
?

SS has once crushed a lesser super-skrull's brain with a forcefield. Happened in Secret Invasion. It's an instakill, not sure if Tony could prevent it.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by leonidas
via invisible force field. similar to the bubble in the brain. if tony can defend something like that he would have a chance. skrull likely is more powerful. this is close to a split imo. i've come to develop some respect for the skrull....

Tony has a defense against anything happening inside his armor (iirc, it was in contest of champions that he said it).

That said, 5.5/10 Skull. Tony is powerful and versatile enough to win (as he's shown he can tussle with the FF all at once and Mandarin has like 10 powers at a time as well) but IW's powers (to be clear her offensive/defense capabilities, not the ability to go invisible) + the fact that Skull's "flames" are actually anti-matter should net SS the very slight majority I think.

carver9
Good fight. Both are low Heralds and I would go as far to say that they are equals. Giving this to Ironman.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Tony has a defense against anything happening inside his armor (iirc, it was in contest of champions that he said it).

That said, 5.5/10 Skull. Tony is powerful and versatile enough to win (as he's shown he can tussle with the FF all at once and Mandarin has like 10 powers at a time as well) but IW's powers (to be clear her offensive/defense capabilities, not the ability to go invisible) + the fact that Skull's "flames" are actually anti-matter should net SS the very slight majority I think.

Antimatter flames?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Antimatter flames?

In his first appearance, SS has shown he could generate an anti-matter blast. It was more of a single showing type of ability than anything, though.

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Antimatter flames?

laughing out loud

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/24026/1389986-ss2.jpg

At Stilt...it was done so long ago that it doesn't seem like something that we can hold on too but whatever, he did do it.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
SS has once crushed a lesser super-skrull's brain with a forcefield. Happened in Secret Invasion. It's an instakill, not sure if Tony could prevent it. ah right I see what you mean.

Yeah SS can do that, but it's not a sure thing to work on tony is it ?

leonidas
yeah, pretty sure the anti-matter is.....long gone....

Blair Wind
I mean, have they ever stated that his flames are just flames? They look exactly the same.

If they are just flames then using them is just going to give Tony an energy boost.

leonidas
well it's been at least heavily implied since he has been shown to absorb heat and even fire once...i doubt the fire control would play much of a part, though tony doesn't often absorb fire directly for a boost. intense heat has caused him troubles in the past as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.