Orbalisk Bane vs. Tenebrous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting: A cave where Anakin and Kenobi were locked in CW.

No amp/prep time.

Who wins?

SunRazer
Tenebrous could feasibly win, at least.

Nephthys
No.

SunRazer
Yes. He's faster (and more agile), far more intelligent, and if Bane isn't cautious, he risks getting hit by Lightning, or worse, having Tenebrous's Barrier repelling the Lightning back at him once again.

Nephthys
He can possibly run faster, not fight faster. Bane has much better combat speed feats. And Tenebrous' lightning isn't powerful enough to damage the orbalisks. Barriers don't typically repel attacks like lightning and if it did theres no way it would be so focused that it would hit Bane.

SunRazer
Tenebrous's Kursid feat implies that his speed exceeds Bane's. Running speed generally translates somewhat to bodily movement speed, ie. Combat speed as well, and his reaction speed, again, based on the Kursid feat, would be just as good.

Tenebrous definitely runs faster.

Worror's Barrier worked, and between Tenebrous's calculational abilities and his own powerful Barrier, it's a possibility, especially if Tenebrous repeatedly uses Barrier and manages it on the second or third time.

|King Joker|
The poison gas in the cave kills them both.

Q99
Originally posted by SunRazer
Tenebrous could feasibly win, at least.

Feasibly, though the reverse holds true as well.

I think I'd lean Orb Bane.

Dark-Kenshin
Every Sith following Bane is stronger. Tenebrous, no question.

SunRazer
@Q99 - True, but I find that Tenebrous's calculational abilities, knowledge on Bane (he seemed obsessed with/very knowledgeable on Bane) and sheer speed/agility leaves him with a lot of room to work with. He should be aware of Bane's knowledge, if anything, since it's inferrable he has Bane's holocron. Also, I know this won't be a popular opinion, but through reasonable inference, Tenebrous could be at least as skilled as Bane. And n general, he's naturally more powerful - he's just behind some Sith Lords who are far and away superior to Bane.

That being said, Orbalisks do enhance Bane's physical traits quite noticeably, and afford him a defense against lightsabers, which is purportedly Tenebrous's favorite weapon.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
Tenebrous's Kursid feat implies that his speed exceeds Bane's. Running speed generally translates somewhat to bodily movement speed, ie. Combat speed as well, and his reaction speed, again, based on the Kursid feat, would be just as good.

Tenebrous definitely runs faster.

Worror's Barrier worked, and between Tenebrous's calculational abilities and his own powerful Barrier, it's a possibility, especially if Tenebrous repeatedly uses Barrier and manages it on the second or third time.

No, not really. In fact not at all. Running really fast doesn't mean anything in a duel. Bane actually has solid dueling feats that put his speed well above Tenebrous'.

Bane's never even tried to do super-speed running as far as I know. Apart from when he almost ran over Farfalla in RoT. Which might actually be better than Tenebrous' running speed tbh, lol.

Bane was stuck inside Worror's barrier, the lightning had nowhere to go but to bounce around inside. Bane unleashes storms with dozens of forks, theres no way Tenebrous could direct all the power onto Bane. And Bane and Zannah are able to just dodge lightning coming at them from a distance or use their lightsabers.

Col. Valerian
OrbaBane.

The_Tempest
Tenebrous is more powerful, but to what degree is unknown. Whether or not he could undermine the advantages afforded to Bane by the orbalisks is anyone's guess. My gut says it will be a good fight.

Trocity
Bane in a great fight. Tenebrous would pick DoE Bane apart though imo.

SunRazer
@Neph -

1. It translates on some level, as I said. Your legs and arms generally move at a pretty similar level. There are exceptions, but I doubt Tenebrous is among them.

2. How is almost knocking over Farfalla on a nexus better than almost knocking over Plagueis? LOL.

3. Does Orbalisk Bane even dodge? lol He's withstood attacks before on the arrogant belief that he's invincible, which caused him to be staggered. The only thing he consciously avoids getting hit is his head, to memory.

Stigma
Bump. Anything changed here or is Tenebrous still the clear winner?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.