The Exile vs. Obi Wan ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
PRIME VERSIONS OF BOTH CHARACTERS

BATTLE TAKES PLACE ON RAXUS PRIME

Selenial
The Exile.

Dark-Kenshin
Exile. Mid difficulty at most.

S_W_LeGenD
Good fight.

Following characteristics define the Exile:

1. Great lightsaber combat skills
2. One of the most resolute Jedi
3. Powerful in the ways of the Force

IMO, the Exile might be capable of defeating Obi-Wan in some settings. At minimum, achieve stalemate.

SunRazer
Well, I doubt the Exile is actually more skilled than Obi-Wan as a combatant, but she has greater instinctive skill and she's more versatile/adaptable, not to mention her various Force Forms and just greater Force power. In her absolute prime, she'd win in an extremely good bout.

NewGuy01
Kenobi comfortably.

Hero of Python
Had you asked me in 2005 I'd say Exile, but nowadays I'd lean towards Kenobi having the edge.

Dark-Kenshin
Prime Exile is dark side ending version, right?

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Kenobi comfortably.

You dissapoint me.

McP
Kenobi comfortably.

S_W_LeGenD
Kenobi comfortably.
Based on?

Col. Valerian
Kenobi.

DarthAnt66
Kenobi comfortably.

FreshestSlice
These two are pretty even, tbh.

Lord Stark
Kenobi comfortably.

thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Hero of Python
Had you asked me in 2005 I'd say Exile, but nowadays I'd lean towards Kenobi having the edge.

Wait....So you live in Poughkeepsie New York?

Selenial
Anyone care to provide any reasoning?

Surik's mastered all forms of lightsaber combat. Kenobi has mastered two. While I'm happy to admit his Soresu is far more prominent than hers, it doesn't matter. Frankly he lacks the offensive ability to break her defenses, since even Atris (A master of Juyo) could not. She on the other hand can break his, and she has outrageous stamina if she needs to take him down.

We've seen multiple times in his duels with Maul that physical attacks are one of his weaknesses. Someone who can take out powerful dark jedi with her bare hands isn't a mook when it comes to physical blows. She's also mastered the Echani styles and can use precognition against him.

She also has intricate knowledge on his forms where he has little on hers, and can even learn from him as he fights.

In terms of force power, she simply outclasses him. The guy who's ragdolled by Dooku, vs the woman who faced down Traya in the galaxies greatest dark side nexus and won.

She's his better in every single way, deal with it.

ares834
Kenobi comfortably.

yes

WildBantha88
Obi is more skilled and more powerful in the force

*sits back and waits for the backlash*

ares834
Agreed.

Selenial
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Obi is more skilled and more powerful in the force

*sits back and waits for the backlash*

You've come out with far more ridiculous comments. By your standards this is pretty tame.

Nephthys
Exile

ILS
Originally posted by Selenial
You've come out with far more ridiculous comments. By your standards this is pretty tame. LOL. True.

Missed a period there, Bantha.

AncientPower
The Exile wins, over-all superior in everything but Form III: Soresu.

Jmanghan
Her name is Meetra.

Even if the Exile turned to the Dark Side. By canon, HER name is Meetra Surik.

red8
Exile in a good fight.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Her name is Meetra.
Sure, but that name was long lost in history.

Like Revan said, she is known as the Jedi Exile.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You've come out with far more ridiculous comments. By your standards this is pretty tame.

Based
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Good fight.

Following characteristics define the Exile:

1. Great lightsaber combat skills
2. One of the most resolute Jedi
3. Powerful in the ways of the Force

IMO, the Exile might be capable of defeating Obi-Wan in some settings. At minimum, achieve stalemate.

I was wondering why you were objective in this thread then I forgot that The Exile isn't a BioWare character.

Col. Valerian
Anyone care to provide any reasoning?

Surik's mastered all forms of lightsaber combat. Kenobi has mastered two. While I'm happy to admit his Soresu is far more prominent than hers, it doesn't matter. Frankly he lacks the offensive ability to break her defenses, since even Atris (A master of Juyo) could not. She on the other hand can break his, and she has outrageous stamina if she needs to take him down.

We've seen multiple times in his duels with Maul that physical attacks are one of his weaknesses. Someone who can take out powerful dark jedi with her bare hands isn't a mook when it comes to physical blows. She's also mastered the Echani styles and can use precognition against him.

She also has intricate knowledge on his forms where he has little on hers, and can even learn from him as he fights.

In terms of force power, she simply outclasses him. The guy who's ragdolled by Dooku, vs the woman who faced down Traya in the galaxies greatest dark side nexus and won.

She's his better in every single way, deal with it.

It doesn't matter how many lightsaber forms Meetra has mastered. Kas'im also had mastered a lot more saber forms than Bane and yet he still kicked his ass. If your opponent is more skilled, the amount of forms mastered doesn't matter.
Kenobi also has outrageous stamina, as seen in his fight versus Vader which lasts a lot compared to most duels, and against an opponent a lot more powerful and skilled than Traya.

Kenobi's regarded as the most prominent Soresu master in the mythos, and he's held his own against the likes of Ventress and Maul, and defeated Vader and Grievous. That's more to his name than anything the Exile has. Traya is practically featless in terms of dueling and her drain, which is her main strength, was useless against the Exile.

Forcewise, he stalemated Vader in RotS.

Kenobi's faced more powerful foes; he should be able to, if not win, give Meetra the toughest fight of her life.

AncientPower
Mustafar was an incredibly one - sided situation however, Obi-Wan knew Vader inside-out and Vader was mentally unstable throughout the entire affair. It's still very impressive but let us not pretend it was sheer skill.

Col. Valerian
Vader also knew Kenobi inside-out. And he was also incredibly unstable (although obviously less than during this fight) when he raided the Jedi Temple, and he was successful.

AncientPower
Not in the way Kenobi did however, he was going so far as to telekinetically manipulate the servos in Vader's arm to make him drop his weapon. Now whilst I agree that Kenobi's Soresu is not to be underestimated, it cannot and will not make up for the other areas in which Surik is his superior

Col. Valerian
I understand that, but as a duelist, I'd put Kenobi above Surik. He has more and better feats, and he's considered one of the best in the mythos whereas she isn't considered the best in any area of combat and is, admitted by the writer himself, not considered a very powerful character. I don't have the evidence, but you can ask Ant to provide.

AncientPower
She isn't Revan powerful, but we knew that in 2004 from the very game she stars in. She isn't even Traya's level in power, but as a warrior however she is very strong, that is irrefutable.

Obi-Wan is indeed among the greatest lightsaber masters of his era but so is the Jedi Exile, whilst he is clearly the more refined swordsman she simply has much greater variety of martial prowess and is shown to be more powerful in the Force. Her single-handed annihilation of the Sith Triumvirate on Malachor V and her handily defeating multiple Imperial Guardsmen in seconds is incredibly impressive.

I also question Obi-Wan's personal combat speed and precognition ability in comparison to her own. She has analysed and killed mercenaries in half a second and her precognition is said to be completely based in instinct, so much so she had no idea she was even performing said ability.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by AncientPower
Mustafar was an incredibly one - sided situation however, Obi-Wan knew Vader inside-out and Vader was mentally unstable throughout the entire affair. It's still very impressive but let us not pretend it was sheer skill. Not to mention Anakin for some reason forgot he had the ability to (A) jump to the low ground in front of Obi-Wan where he may safely continue dueling, (B) jump 100 feet over Obiwan entirely, or (C) use force push in midair to keep Obi Wan at bay while he secures his footing. Really, that was noticeably a plot driven outcome (especially given that Obi Wan prevailed over Maul in the exact same circumstances). Realistically, Anakin would have won.

Col. Valerian
She isn't Revan powerful, but we knew that in 2004 from the very game she stars in. She isn't even Traya's level in power, but as a warrior however she is very strong, that is irrefutable.

Obi-Wan is indeed among the greatest lightsaber masters of his era but so is the Jedi Exile, whilst he is clearly the more refined swordsman she simply has much greater variety of martial prowess and is shown to be more powerful in the Force. Her single-handed annihilation of the Sith Triumvirate on Malachor V and her handily defeating multiple Imperial Guardsmen in seconds is incredibly impressive.

I also question Obi-Wan's personal combat speed and precognition ability in comparison to her own. She has analysed and killed mercenaries in half a second and her precognition is said to be completely based in instinct, so much so she had no idea she was even performing said ability.

Her defeat of the Sith Triumvirate isn't really that impressive if you think about it. Nihilus attempted to use his drain on her, and cause she's a Wound, he failed miserably. She then proceeded to beat a Sith, that although powerwise and TK wise is amongst the top dogs in the mythos, doesn't have a single saber feat.
Sion we all know doesn't have a single feat, either. Not a Force feat, not a saber feat. He's just immortal.
And Traya. She's a powerful Force-user no doubt, and she can drain the shit out of a lot of people effortlessly, but she also doesn't have a single saber feat and she knew she couldn't use the drain on Surik.

Kenobi could've defeated anyone of them in a straight up duel.
Being one of the greatest saber masters of the PT era trumps anything the Exile has ever done in terms of dueling skill. Plus, even as unstable as Vader was, his defeat on Kenobi's hands is still very impressive. Someone who's very close in skill to the likes of Ventress and Maul, considered amongst the best duelists, is simply above the Exile. I'm not saying she's weak; I acknowledge she's a remarkable duelist and has considerable martial prowess, but I don't see her beating someone on Kenobi's level.

She also doesn't have a great Force feat. Or does she? I can't remember if anything like that is shown in KOTOR II. If you do, please remind me or post it if you can.
In any case, Kenobi was able to stalemate RotS Vader with the Force, who in turn has shown to be superior to Surik in terms of Force mastery.

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Not to mention Anakin for some reason forgot he had the ability to (A) jump to the low ground in front of Obi-Wan where he may safely continue dueling, (B) jump 100 feet over Obiwan entirely, or (C) use force push in midair to keep Obi Wan at bay while he secures his footing. Really, that was noticeably a plot driven outcome (especially given that Obi Wan prevailed over Maul in the exact same circumstances). Realistically, Anakin would have won.

Yeah, realistically, a lot of things should've happened in SW that never did.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Her defeat of the Sith Triumvirate isn't really that impressive if you think about it. Nihilus attempted to use his drain on her, and cause she's a Wound, he failed miserably. She then proceeded to beat a Sith, that although powerwise and TK wise is amongst the top dogs in the mythos, doesn't have a single saber feat.
Sion we all know doesn't have a single feat, either. Not a Force feat, not a saber feat. He's just immortal.
And Traya. She's a powerful Force-user no doubt, and she can drain the shit out of a lot of people effortlessly, but she also doesn't have a single saber feat and she knew she couldn't use the drain on Surik.

Kenobi could've defeated anyone of them in a straight up duel.
Being one of the greatest saber masters of the PT era trumps anything the Exile has ever done in terms of dueling skill. Plus, even as unstable as Vader was, his defeat on Kenobi's hands is still very impressive. Someone who's very close in skill to the likes of Ventress and Maul, considered amongst the best duelists, is simply above the Exile. I'm not saying she's weak; I acknowledge she's a remarkable duelist and has considerable martial prowess, but I don't see her beating someone on Kenobi's level.

She also doesn't have a great Force feat. Or does she? I can't remember if anything like that is shown in KOTOR II. If you do, please remind me or post it if you can.
In any case, Kenobi was able to stalemate RotS Vader with the Force, who in turns has shown to be superior to Surik in terms of Force mastery.

You misunderstand, Meetra Surik single-handedly crosses the toxic surface of Malachor V and kills Storms Beasts and then enters the Trayus Academy where she kills a horde of Sith until reaching Darth Sion whom she defeats four times in succession. Then she defeated Darth Traya in the Trayus Core despite Traya being more powerful in the Force. Each and every one of those Sith were amplified greatly by Malachor V, the greatest nexus of Dark Side energy in the mythos.

Darth Sion was one of the strongest Sith Marauders in Darth Revan's Sith Empire, only after being one of Exar Kun's acolytes and killing Jedi for four decades constantly. Using common sense his butchering of Lonna Vash puts him above Council Member tier.

Darth Traya is one of the most powerful Sith Lords in the mythos, she was an extraordinary Jedi warrior before turning Jedi historian and finally learning the secrets of the Trayus Academy. She displays excellent knowledge of all lightsaber forms and proves it by weilding three lightsabers telekinetically. Despite all of that she states that Meetra has as much skill in combat as her far before Surik's prime.

Keep in mind the KOTOR era is stated to be the height of Jedi combat prowess, at the least putting it on par with the PT era and Malak's Sith Empire is stated to have many Sith that were masters of the Dark Side.

How about defeating multiple Imperial Guardsmen immune to even Revan's Force powers in less than a minute? or reacting to, analysing and killing a Mercenary in half of a second with telekinesis?

Hero of Python
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Prime Exile is dark side ending version, right?

Dark Side Exile was a power hungry aberration, probably on the same level as Darth Revan and Exar Kun when all was said and done (and growing stronger with each absorption). Not canon though...

Meetra Surik on the other hand never abused her unique ability for the sake of power and was "merely" a Jedi General with exceptional force abilities and a mastery of several lighsaber forms. Giving it further thought, I don't think she's quite on Kenobi's level, as RotS Kenobi is a pure badass. But I'd put her right in that tiny tier above Kit Fisto and below Kenobi...

Col. Valerian
God, I'm a lazy quoter, but fine. I'll do it.

You misunderstand, Meetra Surik single-handedly crosses the toxic surface of Malachor V and kills Storms Beasts and then enters the Trayus Academy where she kills a horde of Sith until reaching Darth Sion whom she defeats four times in succession. Then she defeated Darth Traya in the Trayus Core despite Traya being more powerful in the Force. Each and every one of those Sith were amplified greatly by Malachor V, the greatest nexus of Dark Side energy in the mythos.

Her willpower is to be commended for being able to cross Malachor's surface basically unaffected, I'll give you that.
And yes, it is indeed quite impressive that she managed to kill a hord of Sith assassins, etc. I don't deny that. Still not on Kenobi's level of skill.

I assume that's an accolade taken from somewhere in KOTOR. It would be more impressive if he wasn't defeated and struck down in battle numerous times by no-name Jedi. He survived throughout the years due to his immortality only, not to his abilities as a duelist.
And Lonna Vash fell into a Sith trap and was tortured to death. He didn't defeat her in battle. This is seen and made clear when Surik enters the Sith Academy in Korriban and sees her dead inside a cage.

Traya doesn't have a single saber feat. She has one hand. She wields the sabers telekinetically out of need, not desire. Nothing suggests she wielded them effectively or even in accordance to traditional styles, as it's unlikely that three sabers floating in mid-air have any sort of dueling structure or style whatsoever. It's impressive that she managed to do that with the Force, but it doesn't necessarily make her a skilled duelist.

And the fact that she stated that about Meetra should serve as an indicator of her (Traya's) not-so-prominent skills as a duelist, mainly because Meetra isn't anywhere near amongst the top dogs of dueling in the mythos.

This statement is made by an in-universe source. Kreia herself says "the Jedi of the present are like children playing with toys compared to the True Sith" or something along those lines. We can see this proves to be accurate when Nyriss single-handedly out-duels Surik and a before-his-prime Scourge (who btw was on Surik's level roughly at that time). This renders the whole 'KOTOR is the height of Jedi combat' statement invalid, unless you think the most powerful or skilled PT Jedi are also like 'children playing with toys' compared to the likes of Nyriss and other True Sith?

Yes, she defeated multiple ImpGuards in a short amount of time, but there's never an indication that she did so with the Force.
And her mercenary kill isn't nearly as impressive as stalemating RotS Vader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.