80% of police force resigns after Missouri town elects first African-American mayor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/80-percent-of-police-force-resigns-after-missouri-town-elects-first-african-american-mayor/#.VTQpU1axfbA.facebook

Mindset
At least racism no longer exists.

Stringer
Better not get out of line in any malls in Missouri.

ares834
Well the title was a little misleading considering the town only had 6 officers to begin with. Still, it's absolutely disgusting.

Digi
Lol, 5 out of 6. I mean, ok, I get why this is a story. But "80%" makes it seem like a bigger deal than perhaps it is. With that few cops, we're talking about a backwater town in the Midwest, not somewhere or in such numbers where this would be a surprise. The headline might as well read "Hillbillies are racist sometimes, and we know you already knew this, but here's a link for you to post in faux-outrage on internet boards."

Stringer
Didn't click the link just read what he posted.

That's false racism.

Henry_Pym
A town with 6 cops has its own mayor? I'm calling bs.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
A town with 6 cops has its own mayor? I'm calling bs.
There is a town called monowi in Nebraska and has a population of one. And the one person that lives there is the mayor

Bentley
Originally posted by Spawningpool
There is a town called monowi in Nebraska and has a population of one. And the one person that lives there is the mayor

I'm getting the impression that you're that mayor.

Nephthys
Seems more likely to be corruption given the apparently wiped computers, though bigotry could easily be a motive as well.

Also the previous mayor was in office for 37 years in two terms? Is that legal in america?

Quincy
I'd watch this movie

Omega Vision
Didn't think it warranted its own thread, so I'll just post it here:

uBi3g-T306k

That is the current sheriff of Escambia County, Florida (where Pensacola is located). He's basically starting off his speech by saying America can't have racial problems because we elected a black president.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Bentley
I'm getting the impression that you're that mayor.
No actually the mayor is a sweet old lady

dadudemon
Seems misleading...

Maybe they quit for another reason other than the fact that the mayor is black? Maybe the mayor said something that alienated the police force and the police don't want to serve under that new mayor?

Why are we automatically assuming it is racism? Do we have any official statements from any of the resignees that state why the resigned?

If not, this is all speculation and the mayor having a shitty anti-police policy is just as likely as racism.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by dadudemon
Seems misleading...

Maybe they quit for another reason other than the fact that the mayor is black? Maybe the mayor said something that alienated the police force and the police don't want to serve under that new mayor?

Why are we automatically assuming it is racism? Do we have any official statements from any of the resignees that state why the resigned?

If not, this is all speculation and the mayor having a shitty anti-police policy is just as likely as racism.
They cited "safety concerns."

Make of that what you will. Sounds to me like a flimsy cover for "I don't want to serve a black mayor."

dadudemon
Originally posted by Omega Vision
They cited "safety concerns."

Make of that what you will. Sounds to me like a flimsy cover for "I don't want to serve a black mayor."

I dunno. If they were willing to quit their jobs, you'd think they'd be more upfront about their reason being racism.

Did they mayor campaign to reduce the police force budget? And now the police force cannot afford some things? That's a good safety reason.

For me, the obvious "bait" reason does not seem right. I want someone to openly admit it was for racism and not political differences. It seems odd that they are not brave enough to state that reason. That's what is not adding up in this story.

Quincy
I want someone to openly admit it was for racism and not political differences. It seems odd that they are not brave enough to state that reason. That's what is not adding up in this story.

That's not odd at all, really. Racists say "I'm not racist" pretty constantly.

Newjak
I dunno. If they were willing to quit their jobs, you'd think they'd be more upfront about their reason being racism.

Did they mayor campaign to reduce the police force budget? And now the police force cannot afford some things? That's a good safety reason.

For me, the obvious "bait" reason does not seem right. I want someone to openly admit it was for racism and not political differences. It seems odd that they are not brave enough to state that reason. That's what is not adding up in this story. I've been trying to find some information on this.

Trying to avoid speculation as best I can but this is the best I've found.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/parma-police-mayor-tyrus-byrd

According to him the officer was afraid the new mayor would have endangered his life more. Seems kind of weird for a town with such a low rate of violent crimes such as rape and murder.

Also the new Mayor apparently can not find the resignation letters and some computers have been wiped. Those seem like red flags to me especially if it concerns potential public records that should have been open and kept for the new mayor.

All in all though the situation does seem off.

Robtard
Didn't think it warranted its own thread, so I'll just post it here:

-

That is the current sheriff of Escambia County, Florida (where Pensacola is located). He's basically starting off his speech by saying America can't have racial problems because we elected a black president.

Back in 2008 after the election I heard quite a few closet-racist make the same or similar claims, my favorite was: "black people can't complain about slavery anymore, we just made up for it."

Robtard

For me, the obvious "bait" reason does not seem right. I want someone to openly admit it was for racism and not political differences. It seems odd that they are not brave enough to state that reason. That's what is not adding up in this story.

Unless you're some openly racist figure like the Grand Master Wizard Dragon Whatever of the KKK, racist often don't admit that they're racist, even when acting blantanly racist.

IMO, it's a combination of the Mayor being Black and a woman, call it a gut feeling as I have no real way to prove it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Newjak
I've been trying to find some information on this.

Trying to avoid speculation as best I can but this is the best I've found.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/parma-police-mayor-tyrus-byrd

According to him the officer was afraid the new mayor would have endangered his life more. Seems kind of weird for a town with such a low rate of violent crimes such as rape and murder.

Also the new Mayor apparently can not find the resignation letters and some computers have been wiped. Those seem like red flags to me especially if it concerns potential public records that should have been open and kept for the new mayor.

All in all though the situation does seem off.

See, this story seems more about corruption (money) than it does racism. It seems far more likely that there is a money scandal than a race issue.

But people (SJWs) are far more likely to call this a racism thing. It's sexier to consider it racism than something more obvious like an illegal money laundering operation.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
IMO, it's a combination of the Mayor being Black and a woman, call it a gut feeling as I have no real way to prove it.

This is fair. You state in 2 different ways that this is your unsubstantiated opinion.

This is just the same as my unsubstantiated opinion that this seems like a money issue and not a racism issue.

Also, I half expect TI to post something in a day or two, after this thread has died down, where he shows that this was not a race issue and his agenda was just to show us how quick we are to jump on the "that's racist" bandwagon. No, I am not joking about this. But no one has found anything to steal TI's thunder so I have no idea what TI's agenda is with this thread. lol

Robtard
TI didn't make the thread. Lestov did.

dadudemon
TI didn't make the thread. Lestov did.

Well, motherf*cker.

Omega Vision
A related development. It seems in another small Missouri town, a newly elected black mayor has been blocked from entering city hall by the town's police force:

http://fox2now.com/2015/04/23/new-kinloch-mayor-blocked-by-police-from-entering-city-hall/

Surtur
Back in 2008 after the election I heard quite a few closet-racist make the same or similar claims, my favorite was: "black people can't complain about slavery anymore, we just made up for it."

I do hate comments like this. Mostly because the people alive today have nothing to "make up for" anyways. It's the wrong mentality on both sides.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Digi
Lol, 5 out of 6. I mean, ok, I get why this is a story. But "80%" makes it seem like a bigger deal than perhaps it is. With that few cops, we're talking about a backwater town in the Midwest, not somewhere or in such numbers where this would be a surprise. The headline might as well read "Hillbillies are racist sometimes, and we know you already knew this, but here's a link for you to post in faux-outrage on internet boards."

This was a little leading I agree.

Henry_Pym
A related development. It seems in another small Missouri town, a newly elected black mayor has been blocked from entering city hall by the town's police force:

http://fox2now.com/2015/04/23/new-kinloch-mayor-blocked-by-police-from-entering-city-hall/ kinda a misleading post... She wasn't stopped because she was black, she was stopped because she has been suspended because of possible voter fraud.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
kinda a misleading post... She wasn't stopped because she was black, she was stopped because she has been suspended because of possible voter fraud.
Apparently the town is a modern day rotten borough. Looking at it now, it's very unclear what the deal is, but apparently the city is alleging people were illegally registered to vote.

SayWhat
After further review, the resignations appear to be partisanship in nature. The worst kind, niggardly towards the new mayor, as their friend, the long time mayor was not re elected, they were not going to welcome the mayor-elect, and were going to make it hard to use the usual computer systems. Doubtful, any corruption, just making it difficult for the next administration.

Much like the Clinton White House when they left and pulled many phone jacks out of the wall, causing them to be repaired because Gore did not win.

Niggardly -cheap -spiteful, mean. miserly, parsimonious, close-fisted, penny-pinching, cheeseparing, grasping, ungenerous, illiberal.

jinXed by JaNx
Seems misleading...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.