Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma vs Darth Bane & Darth Zannah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
All combatants in their prime (non-spirit and non-Orbalisk).

Round 1: Kun and Ulic with no artifacts.

Round 2: Kun and Ulic with the artifacts.

Takes place in the Valley of the Dark Lords, a 20m clearing with a shuttle in the middle and some rocky outcrops. Stray Tuk'ata and other beasts can attack anybody at leisure, but can also be tamed.

carthage
Team 1 should take this quite solidly.

Exar is a superior duelist and force user to Bane barring telekinetic showings, he exceeds Bane in skill, physical strength, and knowledge of the force. Ulic likewise exceeds Bane in skill and has superior showings of barrier, Ulic repelled the darkside energies cast by Nadd/Ommin so he should be able to repel her tendrils. Both of them have showings of telepathic resistance, Kun was resisting Nadd and Ulic resisted being tortured by the Naddists. Flipping around the dueling scenario, Ulic can outduel and beat Bane with some degree of difficulty whereas, Kun would quite easily smash through Zannah with his physical strength. Force wise, Kun's blasts are more combat applicable than Bane's telekinesis, his lightning won't be a huge issue as either of them have barrier feats to suggest they can repel them. Ulic has deflected bolts from Mando warships or Basilisk war droids?, and Kun has repelled force sever/blasts that turn people to charred husks. Zannah has no barrier feats to suggest she can tank Kun's blasts, but the main issue is the level of dueling ability which blatantly favors the Ancient Sith.

Going with Kun and Ulic

SunRazer
Well, I know what your thoughts are, and I'd personally side with team 1 too, but I'm curious about what others here would say given how highly Bane is ranked and how Kun fluctuates from extremely high to rather unimpressive according to different users' rankings.

Exar's canonically more powerful than pre-SOR Sadow/Ragnos, who were still in turn more powerful than Ludo Kressh (canonically), whom has shattered giant stone statues just by clenching his fist. I doubt Bane could claim telekinetic superiority over Kun.

carthage
Kun has never been rated 'extremely low' here. Bane has just been overrated to the point of insanity.

On CV, yeah that may be the case for Kun, but that isn't the same here.

SunRazer
I just said "rather unimpressive", not extremely.

There's enough logic to accept that Bane isn't winning through sheer power, hopefully.

Stigma
Kun and Ulic have this.

Nephthys
Bane wins through sheer power.

Col. Valerian
Exar and Ulic.

SunRazer
@Neph - You really just how to, didn't you?

But yeah, it seems unanimous that Kun and Qel-Droma win. Next thread.

Nephthys
Bane can last against Kun until Zannah mindzaps Ulic. The guy has demons enough, all she'd need was an illusion of his dead brother tbh.

SunRazer
It would work, but Zannah requires time to charge it up under the relentless of her opponents' assaults. If Kun's the one attacking her, then her team loses. Otherwise, yes, her team can win.

Nephthys
No she doesn't, she can perform it nearly instantly. She can make it more powerful by charging it up and requires to in order to beat minds of Bane-like strength, but I doubt she'd need that for Ulic.

SunRazer
If she's under attack, then yes, she does require time to charge it up.

Nephthys
She can perform it with a thought and gesture, just like any other force power.

SunRazer
Right, except while under the strain of defending against an opponent's lightsaber attacks, she requires time and effort.

Moreover, if she could sense Ulic's strength in the Force, she probably would charge up her Sorcery, since she doesn't even know Ulic's mind is scarred from paste events.

Nephthys
She requires the chance to pull it off, like any Force users does in using the Force in combat and she probably doesn't want to be engaged in melee when using it in case of frenzied flailings, but no she can pop it off with needing to charge it. She manages to get away from Bane and then swiftly use it on him. And you probably think that that was because she was charging it up previously but recall that she also said that if she was forced to seriously strain to defend herself she'd lose her built up energy. Which happened. Her plan was in all likelihood to charge it up, quickly disengage then whack Bane with the mind spell.

Since her spell is about willpower and not necessarily strength in the Force, I'm not convinced. But if she does try that though she can easily defend against Ulic for long enough and then attack him with a fully charged spell.

But going off of her display against Bane I'm sure Zannah can put ground between her and Ulic long enough to use her attack on him without the "strain of defending against an opponent's lightsaber attacks". He's not going to be able to immediately assault her without her able to escape. She was able to go from on the ground with Bane completely unleashing on her to having enough distance to attack his mind. She can replicate that against Ulic. If she doesn't immediately hit him with it as the fight starts.

Col. Valerian
When has she popped up an illusion without charging?

Nephthys
Set Harth. Sarro. And against that chick in RoT. She also directly states that all it takes her is a thought and a gesture.

DarthAnt66
For the weak mind.

DarthAnt66
I find it the stupid the OP has a match without amulets. It's like having Darth Vader without his armor. erm

That being said, while Bane and Exar Kun should be around the same level, Zannah is inferior to Qel-Droma.

Nephthys
I don't even understand why you hate her so much. You said that theres literally no reason as I recall.

DarthAnt66
How does me saying she is inferior to Ulic Qel-Droma - one of the greatest Sith and Jedi in history - equate to hating her?

Nephthys
Because you ****ing do?

DarthAnt66
Just because I place her at an appropriate level and not above Yoda doesn't mean I hate her.
It's not my fault her only few combat achievements were disgustingly circumstantial. thumb up

Nephthys
You've admitted to hating her several times. You've stated that she's the female character you hate the most to me personally.

DarthAnt66
I'm not denying hating her. I'm saying that, based on what I said specifically in this thread, nothing indicates I hate her.

Nephthys
I never said that anything you said here indicates that. I just said that I don't know why you hate her, with nothing linking my statement to yours.

DarthAnt66
Then why derail the thread?

Nephthys
Just making conversation. I can't chat with you any more?

DarthAnt66
Of course you can, but what a silly conversation topic, don'tcha think?

Trocity
Team 1 are both superior swordsmen to team 2 and Kun is more powerful than either, team 1 wins.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Trocity
Team 1 are both superior swordsmen to team 2 and Kun is more powerful than either, team 1 wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.