Zonakin vs. his son Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Angelalex242
Even though I call that normal ROTS Anakin, Zonakin is the name he goes by around here.

Anyways...

Warmup: ESB Luke
1:ROTJ Luke
2:Courtship of Leia Luke
3: DE Luke
4:JA Luke
5:Hand of Thrawn Luke
6:NJO Luke (as of Ben's birth)
7:GM Luke
Boss:FOTJ Luke

Trocity
Stops at 3

Raptor22
Originally posted by Trocity
Stops at 3

Col. Valerian
Not sure.

DARTH POWER
Loses at 3.

Board Walker
Zone Anakin stomps the entire gauntlet effortslessly

carthage
Three

ILS
Originally posted by Board Walker

NewGuy01
Then stop calling him Zonakin, OP.

DarthAnt66
OP doesn't understand Zonakin...

or that he doesn't exist. thumb up

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Read the OP before posting.

DarthAnt66
You should, actually. He thinks Zonakin is a synonym for normal ROTS Anakin.

Angelalex242
I consider Zonakin, that is, the guy who killed Count Dooku on Invisible Hand...to be not all that different then normal ROTS Anakin.

Now, Anakin on Mortis is something else again. I might call that Mortkin. But if Zonakin's just the guy on the Invisible Hand...

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Then stop calling him Zonakin, OP.
thumb up. Zonakin is the belief that the Anakin that fought Dooku temporarily unlocked his full potential or whatever.

Emperordmb
The one and only time "zonakin" is actually an applicable title would be mortis.

that being said, loses at 3

Angelalex242
...The Anakin that fought Dooku doesn't look anything like Anakin on Mortis.

Emperordmb
Yeah, I'm saying "Zonakin" in the way it is normally used is a misnomer.

Angelalex242
Indeed, I agree. One of the reasons this thread was made is to clarify that 'Zonakin' is just Anakin's normal badassery, and only on Mortis was he truly over the top.

The fact he's so much superior there to his showing as ROTS Vader vs Obi Wan is probably due to the fact he was still, sort of, in the Light then.

NTJack0
Originally posted by Board Walker

ares834
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah, I'm saying "Zonakin" in the way it is normally used is a misnomer.

Want the hell are you talking about? When he defeats Dooku, Anakin is in a certain state of mind something which we call "the zone" hence the name "Zonakin". And no, it doesn't refer to his moment on Mortis.

Lord Stark
If Zonakin is meant to be anywhere close to Mortiskin than yeah Anakin stomps this gauntlet. He can literally TK any form of Luke into submission.

AncientPower
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Indeed, Zonakin is fanon dreamed up by people who fail to comprehend basic power progression.

ares834
Originally posted by AncientPower
Indeed, Zonakin is fanon dreamed up by people who fail to comprehend basic power progression.

No. It's term created by people who realize emotions play a large role in SW duels. Something which is made abundantly clear in that duel in fact.

AncientPower
Anakin touching the Dark Side is hardly different to what he's done on a regular basis he has simply learned how to channel it better.

ROTS Anakin is > Dooku and Windu, only difference between him and ROTS Vader is he'd completely embraced it.

Col. Valerian
I honestly don't believe in Zonakin. Anakin was just a much better duelist than Dooku by RotS.

If this was Mortakin running the gauntlet, and we consider Mortakin = Full-potential Anakin, however, he would stomp this gauntlet.

Angelalex242
MortisKin, if he's full potential, is twice the power of Sidious.

So you'd need, say, FOTJ Luke backed up by Yoda to kill him. (FOTJ Luke+Yoda>2xSidious)

Hero of Python
Anybody strong enough to turn Dooku into a joke is going to be a tough opponent. I say he makes it to the boss level. Don't know enough of Anakin's force abilities in the "zone" state of mind to know if he could grapple with FotJ Luke.

ares834
Originally posted by AncientPower
Anakin touching the Dark Side is hardly different to what he's done on a regular basis he has simply learned how to channel it better.

ROTS Anakin is > Dooku and Windu, only difference between him and ROTS Vader is he'd completely embraced it.

It wasn't just DS Anakin though. After Dooku defeats Kenobi, Anakin uses the dark side yet still Dooku is the superior. It's only when he really focuses it that he curb stomps Dooku and in doing so shows a degree of power that he has never shown before.

Angelalex242
Right. But Anakin, before that fight starts, says 'my powers have doubled.' And yet the Clone Wars cartoon shows several skirmishes with Dooku that Dooku's often retreating from.

If Anakin can be taken at his word, then ROTS Anakin is actually 2x TCW Anakin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.