Darth Tyranus vs. Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark
Dooku gets his Vjun amp. Vader has no amp.

Who wins?

NewGuy01
Tyranus, I guess.

Nephthys
Yeah.

ILS
Indeed.

Angelalex242
ROTJ Vader can still take this.

|King Joker|
No, he can't.

Stigma
Dooku.

EmperorSidious2
All depends on the version of vader. If it's ROTJ than I say vader since even with dookus amp he still couldn't defeat yoda and I believe darth vader as of ROTJ is a better deulist than yoda.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Angelalex242
I agree.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Angelalex242

There had to be one.

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I agree.

Make that 2.

Col. Valerian
All depends on the version of vader. If it's ROTJ than I say vader since even with dookus amp he still couldn't defeat yoda and I believe darth vader as of ROTJ is a better deulist than yoda.

What? Vader never surpassed Yoda. RotS Sidious = RotS Yoda and Vader never reached that level.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
What? Vader never surpassed Yoda. RotS Sidious = RotS Yoda and Vader never reached that level.

As a deulist vader as of ROTJ definitely had what it took to scrap with sidious and yoda in deuling. He has way more experience than both. As a Jedi he was able to defeat dooku even though he wa send aged as a sith he surpassed his younger self in sabers. So as a deulist he could beat sidious and yoda. Please don't use so and so equal to so and so because that makes no since. It's like saying this.

Windu>sidious>yoda when it should be

Sidious=yoda > windu

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Col. Valerian

What proof have you that vader never reached that level of saber combat.

Col. Valerian
I can't even.

Trocity

What proof do you have that he did?

Vader would honestly have a far better chance in a Force only fight against Yoda than a duel. Yoda is too fast and too skilled a duelist for Vader, he doesn't have sufficient dueling feats in the suit to suggest otherwise.

McP
Without an amp Vader is more or less equal to Vader. With Vjun amp he takes this.

McP

He's a shadow of his former self, and accroding to Lucas during ROTS Anakin is in his prime as a duelist.

SunRazer
The negative logic is real.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Trocity
What proof do you have that he did?

Vader would honestly have a far better chance in a Force only fight against Yoda than a duel. Yoda is too fast and too skilled a duelist for Vader, he doesn't have sufficient dueling feats in the suit to suggest otherwise.

Ok as a deulist vader has challenged and defeated Jedi who are faster than he is. No I'm not saying they rank on yodas lvl of speed but they are faster none the less. 2. Yoda has only the basic because they have never failed him before while vader has had to adjust and refined his one style into 7 styles and not just the basics. And you are right in a pure force battle vader would win as in ter,s of combative capability vader is superior as his attacks are more aggressive yet subtle at the same time. However in a lightsaber deul vader has just as much if not more experience than yoda so his speed will not catch vader off guard. Also sidious and yodas titles of greatness are more due to there powers in the force . They are some of the most skilled deulist yes but rank higher as force weilders.

Feats as of suits.

Faced opponents faster than him and won.
Defeated Luke sky walker.
Sustained an angry Luke skywalker
I beleive he held back in their last deul but whatever
Can employ elements of all styles
Could slice yodas hand off like he did Luke.
Vader gained more experience and knowledge during his 20+ years in his suit
Has unlimited endurance which yoda doesn't have
Strength yoda doesn't have
And subtly that yoda doesn't have. He can wait and fall into sores u or shine while yoda just try's to crash his defenses. Now yoda will be able to dance around vader but I don't think that would win him the battle.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by McP
He's a shadow of his former self, and accroding to Lucas during ROTS Anakin is in his prime as a duelist.

Yes he's a shadow in terms of FORCE POWERS not deuling. Yes Lucas said that Anakin was in his prime as ROTS. Darth vader and anakin skywalker are two different characters as stated by Lucas, with two different skill sets and min sets. So pit Darth Vader in his prime vs Anakin Skywalker in his prime. Vader comes out on top dues to his diversity, experience and familiarity with Djem So already. Darth Bader as in post suit vader is the godfather of Djem So

Trocity
Vader has superior Force feats, Anakin has superior dueling feats. I disagree with your overall point, but I do agree ROTJ Vader would likely beat ROTS Anakin for a majority.

Nargaroth
Yes he's a shadow in terms of FORCE POWERS not deuling. Yes Lucas said that Anakin was in his prime as ROTS. Darth vader and anakin skywalker are two different characters as stated by Lucas, with two different skill sets and min sets. So pit Darth Vader in his prime vs Anakin Skywalker in his prime. Vader comes out on top dues to his diversity, experience and familiarity with Djem So already. Darth Bader as in post suit vader is the godfather of Djem So

Except the source addresses dueling skill, not power. This is because the source is about lightsaber forms. And if you include the new canon, Vader is more powerful than ROTS Anakin.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by McP
Without an amp Vader is more or less equal to Vader. With Vjun amp he takes this.

If you mean Dooku without an amp is equal to vader I must respectively disagree. Anakin already beat him while he was angry showing that anything more than that can take out dooku on a normal day. Vader is better than that Anakin so on a normal day dooku loses. With the amp, he was not able to defeat yoda meaning that he would be hard pressed to fight someone with more experience and strength. Also dooku would not be able to use dun Mach on vader as he has tamed himself.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Except the source addresses dueling skill, not power. This is because the source is about lightsaber forms. And if you include the new canon, Vader is more powerful than ROTS Anakin.

Based on what you said I don't know whose side you are on, but let's see. Why would his skill as a deulist be severed. If anything his suit made him better as it made him branch himself out than just stay at Form V. With his suit he branched out to all other forms. Then used them against several Jedi and defeated them. Showing he has the speed strength and discipline to fight even yoda. So yes vader is more powerful in than his former self as he needed to rebuild his fighting style after his defeat on mustafar.

EmperorSidious2
Im not saying vader as of ROTS isn't powerful. I'm saying that if the two came to a lightsaber deul ROTJ vader would win.

1. Post suit has more experience
2. More styles
3. Focused heavily on all those styles
4. Has experience and practice with Djem So
5. Anakins speed can be matched by vader in short burst.
6. Anakin is a freight train. He just attacks. Vader would sustain him as he did against Luke, also vader is more calculating and more intelligent than Anakin.

As for yoda vs vader. Vader all the way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.