Bane and Zannah vs ROTS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Selenial
Saw a Bane and Zannah vs Tenebrous debate the other day, a lot of people agreed on a Team Bane victory, curious how this one pans out.

Sabers, Force, All out.

Bonus round is the losing team gets a Ventress.

Nephthys
Bane and Zannah is way too much. And against Tenebrous thats just a stomp.

Which versions of B and Z tho?

Emperordmb
Bane and Zannah both rounds. Sidious is the most powerful Sith, but both Bane and Zannah together is too much for any Sith/Jedi imo.

The_Tempest
Sidious pretty comfortably.

McP
Sidious effortlessly

Trocity
Does Bane have his Orbalisks?

Ahh, who am I kidding, Sids stomps.

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane and Zannah both rounds. Sidious is the most powerful Sith, but both Bane and Zannah together is too much for any Sith/Jedi imo.

Lol

Nephthys

thumb up

Dealing with Bane in sabers while Zannah's attacking your mind is too much.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
thumb up

Dealing with Bane in sabers while Zannah's attacking your mind is too much.

Bane would get shat on in Sabers, even if Zannah's trying to attack a Telepath who's far superior to her.

If you're going to make arguments for them at least make good ones :/

Nephthys
Why even make the thread if you're not going to accept me arguing that their strongest attributes combined can challenge him?

Unless Zannah gets tentacles, in which case thats her strongest thing. Also sorcery isn't telepathy n00b.

Trocity
It's crazy to me how people can look at Bane's feats and then look at Sidious' and think they are somehow comparable.

|King Joker|
Not sure on who wins, personally.

carthage
Bane cult ftw

Also loling @ the idea of Bane even lasting 1 second against Sidious in a duel.

Nephthys
Bane would last exactly 1 second against Sidious in a duel. Because that's how long it would take for him to decapitate Sidious as he's dealing with a million hot knives burrowing into his mind. excellent

carthage
Is this before or after he kills Zannah before she can perceive his movements or ragdolls Bane?

Selenial
Why even make the thread if you're not going to accept me arguing that their strongest attributes combined can challenge him?

Unless Zannah gets tentacles, in which case thats her strongest thing. Also sorcery isn't telepathy n00b.

Because that's not going to beat him, come up with something else. I thoroughly believe Sidious would win, doesn't mean I can't make the thread.

Art thou serious? Read the book of Sith mate, Sorcery is exactly the same as regular powers except it allows for greater ability in whatever sphere it's in. Sidious is a far greater telepath, so her sorcery won't be enough to close that gap.

NewGuy01
They could probably put up a reasonable fight in pure sabers, assuming that they can coordinate their attacks sophisticatedly... But they still can't win. Sidious is just in another class; stronger, faster, more skilled, more efficient, more unorthodox, more cunning, greater precognitive abilities, etc. etc. It's still 2v1, though, so maybe they could avoid complete humiliation.

That said, I'm not sure exactly what'd happen if Sidious were to (uncharacteristically) just attack with the Force. Not sure that the team could at all defend themselves against his powers even as of RotS tbh. Not that it matters, it's pretty clear that with vast superiority in contests of both skill and power, Sidious will win every time and enjoy himself while he does it.

carthage
thumb up

Selenial
Well, if everyone agrees that Sidious wins round 1, Ventress wouldn't even make a difference in round 2.

What if instead, Dooku was added to the mix for the bonus round?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Selenial
Because that's not going to beat him, come up with something else. I thoroughly believe Sidious would win, doesn't mean I can't make the thread.

Art thou serious? Read the book of Sith mate, Sorcery is exactly the same as regular powers except it allows for greater ability in whatever sphere it's in. Sidious is a far greater telepath, so her sorcery won't be enough to close that gap.

I don't see how you'd accept any other argument from me. You seem to think both would get instantly crushed in melee and are far less powerful. If I suggested that they both attack him with TK, lightning and sorcery at once for instance, your response would be?

Except you're ignoring that Zannah's sorcery is not telepathy and therefor does not work the same way. Telepathy is based on Force power and skill and personal ability (some people/races are naturally good telepaths). But as DoE makes clear, the only way to resist Zannah's sorcerous mental attack is through willpower. Sidious may be capable of doing that but he's not going to be able to just brush it off through sheer power. It's also incredibly painful and debilitating. Bane has demonstrated remarkable mental resilience and pain tolerance and was still brought to his knee's and rendered immobile for quite some time. Can you therefore truly say that Sidious will be capable of outdueling someone like Bane while dealing with a mental attack of this type? Even if he was able to remain standing, I highly doubt he could shrug off the effects that well.

Furthermore, aren't you the one who suggested that mentally dominating force users was exponentially more impressive than doing so to non-force sensitives? Well Kaan was able to dominate hundreds of Sith Lords with his mental abilities yet Bane literally laughed off his power. He did not laugh at Zannah's attack, despite being much improved himself, indicating that Zannah's mental ability is vastly superior to Kaan's, which was very powerful on it's own. Going by your own arguments, can you truly dismiss Zannah that easily?

WildBantha88
Bane would get shat on in Sabers, even if Zannah's trying to attack a Telepath who's far superior to her.

If you're going to make arguments for them at least make good ones :/

SIDIOUS 66
Sorcery TP is almost the same as basic TP. Sorcery just allows for more ways in which to attack one's mind, where they likely normally could not. The same resistance, willpower/mental barrier, is used to fight off both naturally strong telepaths and/or sorcerers who rely on magic for strong telepathic attacks.

The Merchant
Palpy.

Selenial
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Sorcery TP is almost the same as basic TP. Sorcery just allows for more ways in which to attack one's mind, where they likely normally could not. The same resistance, willpower/mental barrier, is used to fight off both naturally strong telepaths and/or sorcerers who rely on magic for strong telepathic attacks.

Agreed, and Sidious has shown immense willpower in the past. As Neph so helpfully points out, willpower does not increase proportionately to power. DE Sidious' willpower was so strong that it took all past Jedi to restrain him from returning to the physical world, his willpower was so strong be transcended the void with ease.

He won't be dominated like this by Zannah. Even if he is, the natural dark side instinct of someone affected like this (bearring in mind he'd cope better than Bane did) is to lash out with the force, instead of doing something that requires focus like dueling. If that happens it's already GG, since Zannah would be too tired from sorcery to defend herself.

Nephthys
Agreed, and Sidious has shown immense willpower in the past.

Don't you mean the future? wink

SIDIOUS 66
The princess is right, Neph. Get lost.

EmperorSidious2
Sidious stomps. Zannahs powers can't penetrate the true Dark Lord of the Sith. Also his force powers are to much for them to handle. Adding ventress wouldn't help. Adding dooku might though.

EmperorSidious2

Sidious stomps them easily.

Nephthys
The princess is right, Neph. Get lost.

Rude.

She isn't right, RotS Sidious doesn't have the pain tolerance and willpower of Bane and wouldn't cope significantly better enough with the attack to brush off the effects. Zannah does not need to dominate him, merely debilitate him. Maybe Sidious can overpower her spell. I'm giving you guys the benefit of the doubt. But not easily enough that he doesn't get cut down by Bane. She's also wrong about Sidious lashing out, since Zannah doesn't need to defend herself, she has Bane to do that. And Bane did not lash out in that manner, so she's completely talking out of her patoot. He needed to overcome the attack to be capable of doing that and he's not breezing through that.

SIDIOUS 66
Sidious succeeded in nearly bending the force to his will--in favor of the dark side, which Palpatine succeeded in taming (DESB, DSSB?).

Zannah better use every ounce of energy for defense.

Selenial
Don't you mean the future? wink

Well if that was your only argument to that post I'll accept your concession.

And no, he has shown it in the past.

Selenial
Rude.

She isn't right, RotS Sidious doesn't have the pain tolerance and willpower of Bane and wouldn't cope significantly better enough with the attack to brush off the effects. Zannah does not need to dominate him, merely debilitate him. Maybe Sidious can overpower her spell. I'm giving you guys the benefit of the doubt. But not easily enough that he doesn't get cut down by Bane. She's also wrong about Sidious lashing out, since Zannah doesn't need to defend herself, she has Bane to do that. And Bane did not lash out in that manner, so she's completely talking out of her patoot. He needed to overcome the attack to be capable of doing that and he's not breezing through that.

Because bane is immensely inferior to Sidious and is obviously going to fair worse? God if you've spent this whole debate thinking Bane is in his league, I can see why you've yet to convince anyone of the teams superiority.

Nephthys
Lol.

Sidious succeeded in nearly bending the force to his will--in favor of the dark side, which Palpatine succeeded in taming (DESB, DSSB?).

Zannah better use every ounce of energy for defense.

And if Plagueis was here and Sidious got to meditate for a several months long ritual, maybe I'd actually consider that a real feat.

Kosmos Supreme
Team.

Nephthys
Because bane is immensely inferior to Sidious and is obviously going to fair worse? God if you've spent this whole debate thinking Bane is in his league, I can see why you've yet to convince anyone of the teams superiority.

Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
Team.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SIDIOUS 66
Lol.

And if Plagueis was here and Sidious got to meditate for a several months long ritual, maybe I'd actually consider that a real feat.

It's still a testament to Sidious's own will, especially since he kept the force in check long after Plagueis's death. He was the force's target for that reason.

LOL @ Zannah's sorcery.

|King Joker|
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL thumb up

FreshestSlice
You didn't convince him. That person was already insane.

Selenial

Isn't that your sock? I struggle to believe 170 posts in 4 years is a main account.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You didn't convince him. That person was already insane.

thumb up

Nephthys
I don't even care, that irony was delicious. Also I don't sock, its way too risky. And I don't know how.

It's still a testament to Sidious's own will, especially since he kept the force in check long after Plagueis's death. He was the force's target for that reason.

LOL @ Zannah's sorcery.

According to Double P, no counterforce rose to challenge them. After doing it, is there anything that Sidious would need to continue doing?

SIDIOUS 66
I don't even care, that irony was delicious. Also I don't sock, its way too risky. And I don't know how.

According to Double P, no counterforce rose to challenge them. After doing it, is there anything that Sidious would need to continue doing?

The fact that it took months to achieve it would suggest that it was a struggle. No, the force didn't pluck them out of existence, but it didn't just allow them to assert their control over it, and did retaliate in the form of Anakin, with Sidious being the force's target. Otherwise the force never directly involves itself.

And yes, the fact that not even an entire jedi order, including Yoda, could pierce the cloud Sidious kept over them. Sidious was constantly clouding their minds despite their efforts to break through. The AOTC comic depicts an image of Sidious's shadowy hooded figure when Yoda tried to peer with his mind. Mind and willpower/focus are the main factors when psychically peering into the future, yet Sidious had all of their minds overpowered from viewing it.

LOL @ Zannah's sorcery coming close to even penetrating Palps mind.

Angelalex242
These jokers have nothing on Sidious.

And moreover, Bane planned it that way. The Rule of 2 was designed (to Bane's credit) to produce Sidious from the starting point of him. To Bane's credit, it worked. If the whole plan was to produce a Sith far more powerful then himself worked, how can he expect to compete with the success of his plan? He can't.

carthage
IIRC he was also resisting Plagueis's mental probing. He'd shit on them both so bad it's not even funny. Not that I expect anything less than hilarity from the Bane cult

Sinious
LOL @ Zannah's sorcery coming close to even penetrating Palps mind.

thumb up

Palpatine is the devil. Zannah would probably hurt her own braincells if she successfully penetrated through and got exposed to Sidious' mind.

EmperorSidious2

ROTS sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord of all time. Able to stalemate yoda and windu. Zannahs sorest won't do her any good as sidious,is a master of juyo so he can break through her defense and plus his force powers are greater than both. Sidious stomps

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by carthage
IIRC he was also resisting Plagueis's mental probing. He'd shit on them both so bad it's not even funny. Not that I expect anything less than hilarity from the Bane cult

Exactly.

carthage
Sidious's laugh would stomp Bane

Trocity
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
Team.

Laughable

Stigma
LOL I love this thread

Sidious sh1ts on them.

Stigma
Um...sorry for double post, just wanted to put It out there.

This team is probably inferior to Maul and Savage tbh. Sidious laughs and stomps.

SunRazer
How did this reach three pages, lol? Sidious brings home two new apprentices.

ILS
Bump.

Stigma
WHY?!

carthage
If Sidious gets Meetra Surik she can summon a Stormbeast to kill Darth Bane, and then mimic Darth Zannah's form and force bond with her so they become friends.

DarthAnt66
Sidious destroys Zannah so fast that the entire country of Ethopia convert to Sidiousism.

Stigma
If Sidious gets Meetra Surik she can summon a Stormbeast to kill Darth Bane, and then mimic Darth Zannah's form and force bond with her so they become friends.
Interesting development.

No matter how to look at it Bane dies as usual, though.
There's still hope for Zannah, perhaps.

carthage
It depends if Meetra can bond with Zannah and use the Storm beasts imo.

Stigma
She can. She is Meetra.

carthage
Will Friendly storm beasts attack Darth Zannah?

Stigma
Depends how alluring is she. Her association with Bane rid her of any charm tbh, so hard to say.

Friendly storm beats might snuggle FTW, though.

carthage
Meetra killed a lot of them though, so it should be hard for them to bond with them. You can't just expect them to open up to someone who SLAUGHTERED an entire academy Zoo of Storm beasts.

I don't know interesting theory though thumb up

carthage

EmperorSidious2
Sidious with ease.

The Ellimist
Bane and Zannah is way too much. And against Tenebrous thats just a stomp.

Which versions of B and Z tho?

http://s5.scoopwhoop.com/xixing/4.gif

Syndicate
Good fight. Could go either way.

Aurbere
Originally posted by Syndicate
Good fight. Could go either way.

Nah. Palps in a coma could still find a way to beat them.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Aurbere
Nah. Palps in a coma could still find a way to beat them.

*Shrug* It depends on how much Zannah's spells affect Sidious.

Aurbere
*Shrug* It depends on how much Zannah's spells affect Sidious.

They don't.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean, the duo definitely puts up a fight tbh, but ultimately go down to the might of Sidious.

Syndicate
They don't.

In your opinion.

Aurbere
In your opinion.

Which is > yours smile

Syndicate
Which is > yours smile

In your opinion. :P

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, there's absolutely no way Zannah's spells simply "won't affect" Sidious thumb up

Aurbere
Well I guess you could consider making him laugh to be an effect. *Shrug*

They still die horribly.

Syndicate
Upon further consideration I can agree with that given all of his mental feats. I think it would affect him but the effect wouldn't be notable enough for it to affect the outcome of the fight.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
This duo is vastly superior to the duo of Maul and Savage. They won't be getting stomped. smile

Aurbere
Because Palpatine was going all out against Maul and Savage and did not stomp them regardless of that. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That's cool. Bane and Zannah >> Maul and Savage, though, so I'm not seeing him casually separating them and picking them apart like he did Maul and Savage, at least not nearly as easily. They go down, but they put up a fight. smile

NewGuy01
He could probably ragdoll them both all the same if he's serious. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
God Fugg you Sas smile

FreshestSlice
Sidious blitzes/ragdolls/toys with these peons.

So many choices. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/3024136639.gif

carthage
Sidious crushes them with a gesture.

Beniboybling
I doubt Sidious would even allow Zannah to use her sorcery anyway.

diomiosio123
zannah trips over graves but people expect her to fight sidious?

mindblowing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.