Thor vs. Hulkbuster Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psychotron
As the title says, Thor vs Iron Man in his Hulkbuster armor.

The fight is in an abandoned city. Iron Man has that flying drone thing that dropped spare armor for him.

I figure this should be a good fight since Iron Man beat down the Hulk

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Psychotron
As the title says, Thor vs Iron Man in his Hulkbuster armor.

The fight is in an abandoned city. Iron Man has that flying drone thing that dropped spare armor for him.

I figure this should be a good fight since Iron Man beat down the Hulk

IM didn't beat down the Hulk, tho. Hulk was winning until Wanda's spell wore off and he saw the destruction he wrought which replaced anger with horror/regret/sadness. Iron Man proceeded to sucker punch him.

That said, good fight. I say Thor wins 7/10

Silent Master
Thor wins

Psychotron
Originally posted by Nibedicus
IM didn't beat down the Hulk, tho. Hulk was winning until Wanda's spell wore off and he saw the destruction he wrought which replaced anger with horror/regret/sadness. Iron Man proceeded to sucker punch him.

That said, good fight. I say Thor wins 7/10

It hadn't really worn off, Hulk looked like he was calming down, then raged again and charged at the people. And Iron Man didn't cheap shot him, it's not his fault Hulk didn't pay attention.

And all that said, Iron Man in his Hulkbuster armor has comparable strength to an angry Hulk and a lot of weapons + flight. Also, Thor can't use his lightning on him, he definitely doesn't want to deal with a 400% amped version of this Iron Man. Whatever happens, it's gonna be a hard fight for Thor.

Nibedicus
It hadn't really worn off, Hulk looked like he was calming down, then raged again and charged at the people. And Iron Man didn't cheap shot him, it's not his fault Hulk didn't pay attention.

And all that said, Iron Man in his Hulkbuster armor has comparable strength to an angry Hulk and a lot of weapons + flight. Also, Thor can't use his lightning on him, he definitely doesn't want to deal with a 400% amped version of this Iron Man. Whatever happens, it's gonna be a hard fight for Thor.

Veronica may have nearly matched Hulk's strength, but he wasn't nearly as durable as Hulk was tearing pieces of the armor right off. And even with all his weaponry and his the parts replacement, he was barely keeping up.

Thor still has his tornadoes and his hammer can def hurt the armor. TBf, Thor matched Hulk, too. And he has ranged attacks (via hammer throw) and is a much more skilled fighter and would likely target the spare parts first or blow it away via tornado winds to prevent repair once he sees what it does.

It'll be a hard, drawn out fight but I'll go for Thor here.

Silent Master
Plus Thor can still use a charged hammer shot.

Nibedicus
Edit. Double post

Psychotron
Veronica may have nearly matched Hulk's strength, but he wasn't nearly as durable as Hulk was tearing pieces of the armor right off. And even with all his weaponry and his the parts replacement, he was barely keeping up.

Thor still has his tornadoes and his hammer can def hurt the armor. TBf, Thor matched Hulk, too. And he has ranged attacks (via hammer throw) and is a much more skilled fighter and would likely target the spare parts first or blow it away via tornado winds to prevent repair once he sees what it does.

It'll be a hard, drawn out fight but I'll go for Thor here.

Notice that the repair drone is here, so Iron Man can repair himself. I wouldn't say he was barely keeping up, he managed to rescue civilians, knock a tooth out of Hulk's mouth, run him through a skyscraper, and finally KO him. It looked pretty even to me.

Thor didn't really match Hulk's strength, he had to use both arms against Hulk's one. Not to mention that that was a freshly transformed Hulk, while Tony fought an enraged one. I wouldn't call Thor a skilled fighter either, Natasha, Cap, and Hawkeye are all far more skilled than him, Thor's not much more than brawler. Thor could target the drone, but could he do it while a Hulk-level enemy was bashing his face?

Psychotron
Originally posted by Silent Master
Plus Thor can still use a charged hammer shot.

And Tony can still use repulsors, missiles, etc.

Nibedicus
Notice that the repair drone is here, so Iron Man can repair himself. I wouldn't say he was barely keeping up, he managed to rescue civilians, knock a tooth out of Hulk's mouth, run him through a skyscraper, and finally KO him. It looked pretty even to me.

Thor didn't really match Hulk's strength, he had to use both arms against Hulk's one. Not to mention that that was a freshly transformed Hulk, while Tony fought an enraged one. I wouldn't call Thor a skilled fighter either, Natasha, Cap, and Hawkeye are all far more skilled than him, Thor's not much more than brawler. Thor could target the drone, but could he do it while a Hulk-level enemy was bashing his face?

He actually caught Hulk's downward smash with one arm.

http://i.imgur.com/2JM0Qrhl.jpg

He needed both arms to lift it off. And he managed to push Hulk off even tho Hulk was much bigger and pushing down and he had to push up. Of course Hulk is stronger, tho. The same way he was stronger than Veronica IMO. And Hulk was enraged by Loki's magic, too. He wasn't freshly transformed, he was chasing Widow around for a bit before then.

Watch Avengers 1, he was dodging Hulk's attack and outfighting him at first til he stupidly tried to restrain him. Veronica isn't a Hulk level enemy. Tony did a lot if running away in order to buy himself time to get new parts. Thor can blow up one part then as soon as he sees Tony summon up new parts, he tosses the hammer into it.

Silent Master
And Tony can still use repulsors, missiles, etc.

The difference is that Thor already tanked repulsors from an amped Iron-man, whereas Iron-man has never tanked damaged equal to a charged Mjolnir strike.

Psychotron
The difference is that Thor already tanked repulsors from an amped Iron-man, whereas Iron-man has never tanked damaged equal to a charged Mjolnir strike.

And Tony took an enraged Hulk's fists.

He actually caught Hulk's downward smash with one arm.

http://i.imgur.com/2JM0Qrhl.jpg

He needed both arms to lift it off. And he managed to push Hulk off even tho Hulk was much bigger and pushing down and he had to push up. Of course Hulk is stronger, tho. The same way he was stronger than Veronica IMO. And Hulk was enraged by Loki's magic, too. He wasn't freshly transformed, he was chasing Widow around for a bit before then.

Watch Avengers 1, he was dodging Hulk's attack and outfighting him at first til he stupidly tried to restrain him. Veronica isn't a Hulk level enemy. Tony did a lot if running away in order to buy himself time to get new parts. Thor can blow up one part then as soon as he sees Tony summon up new parts, he tosses the hammer into it.

True, but you're wrong about one thing, pushing up is way easier than pushing down. Thor had the strength of his legs, the strongest part of the body, while Hulk didn't. But I won't get into that. Hulk was also fighting longer before Iron Man showed up, and he was pissed by people shooting at him and the cage Tony dropped on him

You said it yourself, he stupidly tried to restrain him, and where was this vaunted skill when Kurse was wrecking his anus? At one point Tony collides fists with a charging Hulk, producing a strong shockwave, and he doesn't even stumble backwards. Plus there's the fact that he, you know, KOed him. So, yes, the Hulkbuster is definitely Hulk-level. That's if Tony gives him enough breating room to do so.

Silent Master
So did Thor.

Nibedicus

True, but you're wrong about one thing, pushing up is way easier than pushing down. Thor had the strength of his legs, the strongest part of the body, while Hulk didn't. But I won't get into that. Hulk was also fighting longer before Iron Man showed up, and he was pissed by people shooting at him and the cage Tony dropped on him

You said it yourself, he stupidly tried to restrain him, and where was this vaunted skill when Kurse was wrecking his anus? At one point Tony collides fists with a charging Hulk, producing a strong shockwave, and he doesn't even stumble backwards. Plus there's the fact that he, you know, KOed him. So, yes, the Hulkbuster is definitely Hulk-level. That's if Tony gives him enough breating room to do so.

That is if you have good positioning and leverage. Thor was on one knee and pushed off with that one leg while Hulk, being much larger, had full leverage pushing down. This Hulk has never shown the level of dynamic strength shown by comic Hulk so him being pissed longer doesn't really mean that much.

The tactic wasn't sound but he had to try to restrain him to prevent more destruction with them being in an airship surrounded by fragile humans. Unfortunately, it just didn't work. Also, let's not lowball Thor's fighting skill with the Kurse fight. Kurse was the greatest warrior of his race.

The impact Thor has shown with his charged hammer poops on the impact shockwave they caused.

KO by sucker punch vs a completely distracted and no longer hostile opponent is the lowest and least recognizable KO in the list of KO's used in guaging how close you are to said opponent.

Veronica does not have the damage soak Thor has. The minute a limb is blown off, that's all the breathing room Thor needs.

Psychotron
So did Thor.

So, they both have good durability. Tony still performed better against Hulk.

That is if you have good positioning and leverage. Thor was on one knee and pushed off with that one leg while Hulk, being much larger, had full leverage pushing down. This Hulk has never shown the level of dynamic strength shown by comic Hulk so him being pissed longer doesn't really mean that much.

The tactic wasn't sound but he had to try to restrain him to prevent more destruction with them being in an airship surrounded by fragile humans. Unfortunately, it just didn't work. Also, let's not lowball Thor's fighting skill with the Kurse fight. Kurse was the greatest warrior of his race.

The impact Thor has shown with his charged hammer poops on the impact shockwave they caused.

KO by sucker punch vs a completely distracted and no longer hostile opponent is the lowest and least recognizable KO in the list of KO's used in guaging how close you are to said opponent.

Veronica does not have the damage soak Thor has. The minute a limb is blown off, that's all the breathing room Thor needs.

One leg is still more than enough. I can squat 200kg but there's no way I can delive that kind downward force from Hulk's position, especially with one arm. Hell, I wouldn't even get half that. These are both characters that can lift 1000s of tonnes, Hulk being a few hundred kilos heavier than Thor doesn't mean much. Hulk's entire thing is getting stronger the madder he gets. Also, this is still technically the same as Norton's Hulk, and that version had on-screen dynamic strength.

The sounder tactic would be to force Hulk outside. Thor just isn't very bright, that's always been part of his character. Sure, Kurse was very strong, that's exactly why Thor should have used some of that fighting skill to compensate for his strength. Yet, he didn't, he just got beat down.

The point wasn't about the shockwave, but that Iron Man matched a charging and enraged Hulk's punch without even flinching. That's huge, and it will cause Thor trouble.

It wasn't a sucker punch as they were fighting for a while, and Hulk was still hostile. Tony laid him out because he was about to attack the civilians.

Yes, Thor's durability is superior, but Iron Man can repair himself. It's not like that drone is just going to sit around while Thor shoots lightning at it either.

Silent Master
Thor was trying to talk sense into the Hulk and when that failed to restrain him and was in a place where he couldn't use his more destructive powers. Iron-man was not similarly restricted in what he was able to do.

Psychotron
He tried to talk him down too and they were in a crowded city. Not to mention that he was saving civilians while Hulk was trying to kill him.

The Sorrow
Hulk shrugged off everything the Hulkbuster threw at him including having a skyscraper dumped on his head. Tonys armour looked comparable strength-wise as both guys were knocking each other across the city, however Hulk seemed considerably more durable. Blowing up the skyscraper was a last-ditch attack by Tony as his amour was taking heavy damage and losing power.

I honestly don't believe Thor could match the Hulk or the Hulkbuster in pure brute strength, but his hammer throws could cause considerable damage. I think Thor can take damage long enough to destroy the flying drone and then proceed to dismantle Tony.

Thor wins.

Nibedicus
So, they both have good durability. Tony still performed better against Hulk.

One leg is still more than enough. I can squat 200kg but there's no way I can delive that kind downward force from Hulk's position, especially with one arm. Hell, I wouldn't even get half that. These are both characters that can lift 1000s of tonnes, Hulk being a few hundred kilos heavier than Thor doesn't mean much. Hulk's entire thing is getting stronger the madder he gets. Also, this is still technically the same as Norton's Hulk, and that version had on-screen dynamic strength.

The sounder tactic would be to force Hulk outside. Thor just isn't very bright, that's always been part of his character. Sure, Kurse was very strong, that's exactly why Thor should have used some of that fighting skill to compensate for his strength. Yet, he didn't, he just got beat down.

The point wasn't about the shockwave, but that Iron Man matched a charging and enraged Hulk's punch without even flinching. That's huge, and it will cause Thor trouble.

It wasn't a sucker punch as they were fighting for a while, and Hulk was still hostile. Tony laid him out because he was about to attack the civilians.

Yes, Thor's durability is superior, but Iron Man can repair himself. It's not like that drone is just going to sit around while Thor shoots lightning at it either.

No, Tony fought the Hulk longer. He didnn't do "better". The Hulk vs Thor fight was inconclusive and not only was Thor holding back for fear of killing fragile humans, he didn't have access to his lightning (w/c greatly increases his striking power), his flight (which improves his tactical positioning) and his winds (which gives him half his tactical options), while being in an enclosed space (which favors Hulk). While Tony had the civilian-protection"plan" already coded into Veronica so he could mostly (tho there were times he still had to take the time to rescue civies) focus on fighting Hulk.

That's in the comics. In the movies, it was never alluded to that he had dynamic strength, although in Ang Lee (I think) he got bigger as he got madder but that's not the same Hulk. I don't recall Norton Hulk having dynamic strength, he got more savage as he got angrier and he seemed to have crazy soak but don't recall a dramatic change in strength. And I don't think it's about how long they are angry but how angry they get. And Loki's mind control and Wanda's seem to be comparable.

A squat requires you to use proper leveraging and form. Thor had neither of that. He was down on one knee and Hulk had the leverage and he did not. And I thought you were no longer getting into this? Can we just agree that Hulk is stronger than Thor or Veronica but both characters are comparable?

We cannot judge "sounder tactic" becaue of 20/20 hindsight of what happened. You're using monday morning quarterbacking to pass judgement on Thor's tactics. Thor did not know how that Hulk did powerful leaps, Thor did not know the layout of the base, Thor did not know if he could or could not subdue Hulk if he tried. He did what he could based on the information in front of him. And, again with the downplaying. Kurse caught Thor by surprise (as Thor was trying to stop the ship Malekith was in from escaping), kept him off balance, dazed and separate from Mjolnir. That is not a slight against Thor's tactics but a plus to Kurse's.

No one said Veronica had poweful fists, just that by "feats" Mjolnir has more poweful attacks when charged up.

That is not how I remember the scene. Hulk crawls out of the rubble. The "glow" in his eyes faded (which is a sign of Wanda's influence fading), he looks around in horror at the destruction he's caused, he relaxes his shoulders in sorrow, then Iron Man sucker shots him.

Thor has too many tools he can use to shoot that drone down. Lightning (which the drone can't dodge), tornadoes, a hammer throw, throwing rocks at it worked for the Hulk. There is no way that drone is staying up for more than a few seconds the second Thor knows what it can do.

Good fight. But Thor outlasts Veronica and wins more than not. 7/10.

FrothByte

I don't think Hulk's fist equals a charged Mjolnir strike.

Time Immemorial
How did you see the movie already froth?

Psychotron
Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't think Hulk's fist equals a charged Mjolnir strike.

And why not? I don't see Thor's Mjolnir strike stopping a Leviathan so easily.

relentless1
Thor is the most powerful of all the avengers so far; he held back in the fight against Hulk in the first one and Iron Man was being crushed by Thor barely squeezing his forearm, I say he peels Tony out of both suits rather easily

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by relentless1
Thor is the most powerful of all the avengers so far; he held back in the fight against Hulk in the first one and Iron Man was being crushed by Thor barely squeezing his forearm, I say he peels Tony out of both suits rather easily

What has he done to make him the most powerful Avenger ?

Psychotron
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
What has he done to make him the most powerful Avenger ?

Not win against Hulk, lose to Kurse, get overpowered by Ultron, and be generally irrelevant in AoU except for one shared feat he has with Tony.

Nephthys
I wonder if Thor would go to sleep..... mmm

ares834
Not win against Hulk, lose to Kurse, get overpowered by Ultron, and be generally irrelevant in AoU except for one shared feat he has with Tony.

laughing out loud

I heard he has a bad ass feat in AoU though, enough to put him over the Kryptonians from MoS. Is it true or just some fanboy wank?

Psychotron
Originally posted by ares834
laughing out loud

I heard he has a bad ass feat in AoU though, enough to put him over the Kryptonians from MoS. Is it true or just some fanboy wank?

It's fanboy wank. Ultron lifts a city into the air with the intention of slamming it down and destroying life on Earth, he does this with some vibranium and a sci-fi engine. Iron man does some stuff to the engine, and has Thor unleash his lightning on it at the exact right moment causing it to blow up the city. I was kind of hoping they'd have him do something like bracing the whole city like in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, that would have been an amazing feat.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
How did you see the movie already froth?

I haven't. Just saying that Hulk's fist doesn't seem as strong as a charged Mjolnir strike. Hulk took down a leviathan with a single punch. Thor took down a landscape with a charged mjolnir strike.

Nephthys
laughing out loud

It's ambiguous. Theres other forces in play that muddy the field, I'd need to rewatch it and pay attention to whats being said to see whats happening.

FrothByte
And why not? I don't see Thor's Mjolnir strike stopping a Leviathan so easily.

Thor took out multiple leviathans with his lightning alone. A charged Mjolnir strike desolated an entire landscape. I don't see Hulk's strongest punch doing the same thing.

ares834
It's fanboy wank. Ultron lifts a city into the air with the intention of slamming it down and destroying life on Earth, he does this with some vibranium and a sci-fi engine. Iron man does some stuff to the engine, and has Thor unleash his lightning on it at the exact right moment causing it to blow up the city. I was kind of hoping they'd have him do something like bracing the whole city like in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, that would have been an amazing feat.

:funny:

That's it? The guy was claiming that Thor destroyed it on his own.

Originally posted by Nephthys
It's ambiguous. Theres other forces in play that muddy the field, I'd need to rewatch it and pay attention to whats being said to see whats happening.

Hmm... Guess I'll see this Thursday.

Psychotron
Thor took out multiple leviathans with his lightning alone. A charged Mjolnir strike desolated an entire landscape. I don't see Hulk's strongest punch doing the same thing.

The landscape doesn't mean much though. Thor taking out multiple Leviathans with his lightning is impressive, but I don't think it's the same as his charged Mjolnir attack. I don't know, AoU didn't really give him much chance to show off his powers, the mooks they fought were pathetic. Even powerless people were killing them in melee.

Psychotron
:funny:

That's it? The guy was claiming that Thor destroyed it on his own.

Hmm... Guess I'll see this Thursday.

Thor definitely didn't do it alone.

Eh, it was pretty bad IMO.

FrothByte
The landscape doesn't mean much though. Thor taking out multiple Leviathans with his lightning is impressive, but I don't think it's the same as his charged Mjolnir attack. I don't know, AoU didn't really give him much chance to show off his powers, the mooks they fought were pathetic. Even powerless people were killing them in melee.

Why wouldn't the landscape mean much? Yeah I know it was ice, but it was ice thick enough to support the weight of multiple fighting Frost giants and a bigass monster. Thor wrecked it. Could you honestly say that a single punch from the Hulk could replicate that feat?

The Sorrow
Why wouldn't the landscape mean much? Yeah I know it was ice, but it was ice thick enough to support the weight of multiple fighting Frost giants and a bigass monster. Thor wrecked it. Could you honestly say that a single punch from the Hulk could replicate that feat?
In an extended scene from Incredible Hulk (which is a part of the MCU) Banner tried to commit suicide by shooting himself, however he transformed into the Hulk and leveled a large landscape of ice in the arctic. Avengers Hulk seems stronger than the version that appeared in IH.

FrothByte
Originally posted by The Sorrow
In an extended scene from Incredible Hulk (which is a part of the MCU) Banner tried to commit suicide by shooting himself, however he transformed into the Hulk and leveled a large landscape of ice in the arctic. Avengers Hulk seems stronger than the version that appeared in IH.

I remember citing a deleted scene in Thor TDW as proof of his extensive h2h skill. I was told that deleted scenes were not viable feats in the vs. forum.

In any case, would you have a link to that scene? I'm curious about it.

Time Immemorial
Half the people here havent even seen the movie yet.

FrothByte
Half the people here havent even seen the movie yet.

I think only 3 or 4 of them have. I hate it, them creating all these threads with spoilers on them and me not having enough will power to stay away from the spoilers. I need 3 more days...

The Sorrow
I remember citing a deleted scene in Thor TDW as proof of his extensive h2h skill. I was told that deleted scenes were not viable feats in the vs. forum.

In any case, would you have a link to that scene? I'm curious about it.
http://youtu.be/xwrkR3PELJ8

IIRC Ruffalo Banner actually referenced this scene in the first Avengers movie.

Time Immemorial
I think only 3 or 4 of them have. I hate it, them creating all these threads with spoilers on them and me not having enough will power to stay away from the spoilers. I need 3 more days...

Im with you on that. I got tickets for Thursday night.

I look forward to debating with you on Thor vs Superman.

FrothByte
Interesting. Thanks. It doesn't show whether he wrecked that tundra with one punch though.

FrothByte
Im with you on that. I got tickets for Thursday night.

I look forward to debating with you on Thor vs Superman.

Why? I'm of the opinion that Superman beats Thor.

Psychotron

Well, let me put it this way. Do you think a Leviathan wouldn't be able to smash through the ice?

FrothByte
Well, let me put it this way. Do you think a Leviathan wouldn't be able to smash through the ice?

Smash through ice? Sure. Destroy an entire landscape of ice with one hit? Hell no. None of the leviathans in the movie showed that kind of destructive power. The most they destroyed were buildings. Most of those buildings not even fully destroyed.

carver9
I haven't. Just saying that Hulk's fist doesn't seem as strong as a charged Mjolnir strike. Hulk took down a leviathan with a single punch. Thor took down a landscape with a charged mjolnir strike.

You probably want to look at the lightning that came from the sky when Thor hit the ground. That'll be a start.

Anyways, Tony wins every single time. Tony regular armor gave Thor a fight, his amped armor would destroy him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by carver9
You probably want to look at the lightning that came from the sky when Thor hit the ground. That'll be a start.

Anyways, Tony wins every single time. Tony regular armor gave Thor a fight, his amped armor would destroy him.

Thus why I said charged mjolnir strike. I haven't watched the movie so I can't comment on the Hulkbuster, but Tony's regular armor had to be amped to 400% to keep up with Thor, and though it gave Thor a fight it didn't exactly hurt Thor whereas it was getting torn apart by Thor.

carver9
Here is the scene.

https://youtu.be/4WAtSrpRB98

He didn't even use the blunt part of the hammer.

DrDeadpool
Thus why I said charged mjolnir strike. I haven't watched the movie so I can't comment on the Hulkbuster, but Tony's regular armor had to be amped to 400% to keep up with Thor, and though it gave Thor a fight it didn't exactly hurt Thor whereas it was getting torn apart by Thor.

It wasn't getting TORN apart by Thor ! Don't exaggerate ! whistle

Time Immemorial
Why? I'm of the opinion that Superman beats Thor.

I have been skipping and not looking at any of the posts so I wouldn't know what side you on at this point.

carver9

He was doing well against Thor before the amp. Do I need to post this showing as well?

FrothByte
He was doing well against Thor before the amp. Do I need to post this showing as well?

Sure. Post proof that he was actually able to injure Thor or at least hurt Thor enough that Thor wasn't able to just shake it off.

Silent Master
Thor crushed part of it with.his hands and dented it with a headbutt. He also ripped the faceplate off after the New York battle.

FrothByte
It wasn't getting TORN apart by Thor ! Don't exaggerate ! whistle

My bad. Let's change that to "was starting to get torn apart by Thor"

carver9
Sure. Post proof that he was actually able to injure Thor or at least hurt Thor enough that Thor wasn't able to just shake it off.

Why would I post something like that when either of them wasn't trying to kill the other. Tony could've used his tank destroying blast or Thor could've used, a tornado. Tony still did well against Thor and neither of them hurt the other (even though it's highly debatable if Thor was holding back). That armor Tony used against Thor would've been destroyed in seconds against wither Hulk or the armor Tony used to fight Hulk. Also, using your argument, Thor was irrelevant to the Hulk since Hulk wasn't damaged at all.

The Sorrow
Here is the scene.

https://youtu.be/4WAtSrpRB98

He didn't even use the blunt part of the hammer.
thumb up

Forgot about that, it was a thunderbolt and not a strike.

FrothByte
Why would I post something like that when either of them wasn't trying to kill the other. Tony could've used his tank destroying blast or Thor could've used, a tornado. Tony still did well against Thor and neither of them hurt the other (even though it's highly debatable if Thor was holding back). That armor Tony used against Thor would've been destroyed in seconds against wither Hulk or the armor Tony used to fight Hulk. Also, using your argument, Thor was irrelevant to the Hulk since Hulk wasn't damaged at all.

Hulk was clearly stunned when Thor hit him with Mjolnir. That's quite different from Thor simply shrugging off all of IM's hits.

ares834
Let's be real here, the fight in Avengers pretty much showed that Thor is more than four times as powerful than Iron Man.

As for Hulkbuster, I can't comment on that until Thursday night.

Newjak
Why would I post something like that when either of them wasn't trying to kill the other. Tony could've used his tank destroying blast or Thor could've used, a tornado. Tony still did well against Thor and neither of them hurt the other (even though it's highly debatable if Thor was holding back). That armor Tony used against Thor would've been destroyed in seconds against wither Hulk or the armor Tony used to fight Hulk. Also, using your argument, Thor was irrelevant to the Hulk since Hulk wasn't damaged at all. So I haven't seen AoU yet but I can say this about the IM/Thor fight in the first one Thor clearly outclassed IM.

I think the exchange that pretty much tells you so was when Thor begins crushing Tony's armor Tony blasts him point blank in the face with his Repulsor blasts, given an amp by Thor, and it does not do anything to Thor. Then Tony tries to headbutt Thor which also does nothing while Thor's headbutt clearly damages the armor and knocks Tony back.

DrDeadpool
There is no logic in that !

Psychotron
Smash through ice? Sure. Destroy an entire landscape of ice with one hit? Hell no. None of the leviathans in the movie showed that kind of destructive power. The most they destroyed were buildings. Most of those buildings not even fully destroyed.

I don't see why not? It's not like he destroyed an area the size of New York or something.

FrothByte
I don't see why not? It's not like he destroyed an area the size of New York or something.

So do the leviathans have any feats showing them destroying an area as massive as what Thor did? Does Hulk?

Heck some of the buildings the leviathans smashed into weren't completely destroyed.

DARTH POWER
Reading through this thread makes me facepalm and really annoyed at Age of Ultron.

Thor hardly had a role in it. There should have been an Epic 1 v 1 with Thor vs Vibranium Ultron, after showing all the other Avengers getting their butts kicked.

Nibedicus
The creature he one shotted ln his first movie was about the size of a leviathan. And the destruction he caused via charged hammer strike in jotunheim was miles wide.

and while the destruction of the city was a shared "feat" the initial impact was not

And can I get a reply on my post pls?

Psychotron
The creature he one shotted ln his first movie was about the size of a leviathan. And the destruction he caused via charged hammer strike in jotunheim was miles wide.

and while the destruction of the city was a shared "feat" the initial impact was not

And can I get a reply on my post pls?

Which creature are you talking about? I guess, I don't remember it that well anymore.

What initial impact are you referring to?

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Reading through this thread makes me facepalm and really annoyed at Age of Ultron.

Thor hardly had a role in it. There should have been an Epic 1 v 1 with Thor vs Vibranium Ultron, after showing all the other Avengers getting their butts kicked.

Yeah, but there wasn't. Instead he got overpowered by Ultron and had to be saved by Vision.

So do the leviathans have any feats showing them destroying an area as massive as what Thor did? Does Hulk?

Heck some of the buildings the leviathans smashed into weren't completely destroyed.

Just the sheer size and weight of a Leviathan could **** up the ground.

Silent Master
We saw Leviathans crash/hit the ground, I don't recall a single example of them "**** up the ground" that was even 1/100th the level of the Jotunheim strike.

Nibedicus
Which creature are you talking about? I guess, I don't remember it that well anymore.

It's all here. The giant beast and the Jotunheim blast.

http://youtu.be/Z63d_byNZU

the reactor was just there to keep the city from crumbling. The initial explosion from this charged hammer strike that destroyed several blocks can be attrubuted to him. The city falling down in pieces, however, is due to the vibranium reactor no longer keeping the city together.

It can also be argued that vibranium allows his hammer strike impact to radiate in a wider fashion, like it did at the start of the movie. Still, the force of the blow is all his.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Yeah, but there wasn't. Instead he got overpowered by Ultron and had to be saved by Vision.

Just the sheer size and weight of a Leviathan could **** up the ground.

When Thor strikes the Vibranium core, the initial shockwave levels entire buildings and city blocks before it explodes. That right there is a way greater striking feat than anything even Hulk or Man of Steel have done.

Surviving an explosion that size with only maybe a temporary knock out (But relatively unscathed) is by far the greatest durability feat in the Marvel Universe so far. If we don't count the BiFrost at least.

I don't think there's any denying that Hulk is the physically strongest of the Avengers but Thor's definitely the most powerful. At least before Vision gets OP with the mindstone.

DARTH POWER

Shut up!

And FYI none of the Avengers were a match for Ultron 1 v 1 at the end. Hulk only beat on him after Thor+Vision+IM combined did sobbed serious damage to him. Thor actually lasted the longest against him.

And Vision with mind gem could be the most powerful Avenger atm. Certainly while wielding Mjolnir as well. Yet he still got chucked when he tried to jump Thor remember.

DARTH POWER
Shut up!

And FYI none of the Avengers were a match for Ultron 1 v 1 at the end. Hulk only beat on him after Thor+Vision+IM combined did some serious damage to him. Thor actually lasted the longest against the final version of Ultron.

And Vision with mind gem could be the most powerful Avenger atm. Certainly while wielding Mjolnir as well(which is how he saved Thor).. Yet he still got chucked when he tried to jump Thor remember.

Psychotron
Shut up!

And FYI none of the Avengers were a match for Ultron 1 v 1 at the end. Hulk only beat on him after Thor+Vision+IM combined did sobbed serious damage to him. Thor actually lasted the longest against him.

And Vision with mind gem could be the most powerful Avenger atm. Certainly while wielding Mjolnir as well. Yet he still got chucked when he tried to jump Thor remember.

That's one of the dumb things in this movie, Ultron is apparently powerful enough to manhandle Thor, but gets taken out almost immediately.

I don't know if Mjolnir does anything for him. I mean, he is a machine, I don't think it grants him Thor's powers. I will say that after all that build up having Vision lift the hammer in some crappy comedic scene and off-camera is retarded. Captain America should have lifted it in some epic scene where Ultron is dominatic the Avengers and save them.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
When Thor strikes the Vibranium core, the initial shockwave levels entire buildings and city blocks before it explodes. That right there is a way greater striking feat than anything even Hulk or Man of Steel have done.

Surviving an explosion that size with only maybe a temporary knock out (But relatively unscathed) is by far the greatest durability feat in the Marvel Universe so far. If we don't count the BiFrost at least.

I don't think there's any denying that Hulk is the physically strongest of the Avengers but Thor's definitely the most powerful. At least before Vision gets OP with the mindstone.

I'll have to rewatch that scene, though there's no telling if Thor did that alone or the core helped.

Probably the best durability feat in Marvel, I won't argue that.

DARTH POWER
That's one of the dumb things in this movie, Ultron is apparently powerful enough to manhandle Thor, but gets taken out almost immediately.

I don't know if Mjolnir does anything for him. I mean, he is a machine, I don't think it grants him Thor's powers. I will say that after all that build up having Vision lift the hammer in some crappy comedic scene and off-camera is retarded. Captain America should have lifted it in some epic scene where Ultron is dominatic the Avengers and save them.

Tbh I agree with almost everything you've said here. But I think Mjolnir would have added some wallop to Vision's punch. It is after all an indestructible weapon. But then Vision should also be indestructible I suppose.

Nibedicus
Well, assuming he lifted ot because he is worthy and not because he wasn't alive, the stips of "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor" should give him something.

TheVaultDweller
Leaning towards Thor, because I think Veronica's spare parts will run out before Tony can KO him. Good fight though.

DARTH POWER
^ It will be a good fight, but mainly because Thor can't Lightning attack IM without boosting him (apparently, though it's possible a full powered Lightning strike would be too much for IM to absorb).

However he's still got his strength and Mjolnir strikes to continuously bash through IM's armor. He's infinitely better at H2h. He can fly faster, he can block repulsor blasts with Mjolnir, he can unleash tornadoes.

So yeah Thor will win. But because of the "no lightning" rule, it will be a good fight.

DrDeadpool

I'll have to rewatch that scene, though there's no telling if Thor did that alone or the core helped.

Probably the best durability feat in Marvel, I won't argue that.

Iron man was in that explosion too so it will be a durability feat for Tony too.

Nibedicus
Iron man was in that explosion too so it will be a durability feat for Tony too.

Explosion was up top. Wasn't irom man at the bottom?

DrDeadpool
Explosion was up top. Wasn't irom man at the bottom?

The Explosion was on the both sides.

Psychotron

Good point.

Tbh I agree with almost everything you've said here. But I think Mjolnir would have added some wallop to Vision's punch. It is after all an indestructible weapon. But then Vision should also be indestructible I suppose.

Well, that's left unclear on purpose, I think. I believe he lifted it on a technicality, not because he's worthy. He doesn't have most of the traits I'd expect from a character worthy of Mjolnir. It definitely added to his hit though, no arguing that.

Nibedicus
The Explosion was on the both sides.

Primary explosion from Thor's attack came up top

Silent Master
Primary explosion from Thor's attack came up top

Context doesn't matter to some people.

carver9
Hulk was clearly stunned when Thor hit him with Mjolnir. That's quite different from Thor simply shrugging off all of IM's hits.

Look at rhe fight. Pretty even to me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1g-B8BJzwc

carver9

I posted that scene for you. It's not a strike.

FrothByte
Look at rhe fight. Pretty even to me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1g-B8BJzwc

So you didn't notice that IM was getting damaged throughout the fight whereas Thor had not a single scratch on him?

DARTH POWER
^ And that was with the 4x amp mind you.

DrDeadpool
I wonder when people want to realize that movie Thor is not as powerful as his comic counterpart ! and stop overestimating him !
Please see the Iron man vs Thor fight and Hulk vs Thor fight in the first Avengers as the way it is !

DARTH POWER
I wonder when people want to realize that movie Thor is not as powerful as his comic counterpart ! and stop overestimating him !
Please see the Iron man vs Thor fight and Hulk vs Thor fight in the first Avengers as the way it is !

We do. Iron Man was amped 400% and was still getting beat. There's just no getting around that. Hulk had the advantage of an indoor close combat fight.

How well do you think Hulkbuster would have done against Hulk in those conditions?

Thor didn't get to fly or shoot even a little bit of Lightning in that fight. Whilst Hulkbuster got to go all out with Repulsors, flight, everything.

Thor is the most powerful of the Movie Avengers. Despite the fact the story writers aren't giving him much of a role.

Psychotron
Maybe he's the most powerful, but he's not the best H2H combatant and fighting Iron Man means he can't use some of his most devastating attacks. Thor would win if he fought smart, but that's OOC for him.

Nibedicus
Maybe he's the most powerful, but he's not the best H2H combatant and fighting Iron Man means he can't use some of his most devastating attacks. Thor would win if he fought smart, but that's OOC for him.

His most powerful attack is his charged hammer strike.

He can't SHOOT Iron Man with lightning but there's nothing out there that shows Iron Man being able to absorb the impact of a charged hammer strike.

Psychotron
His most powerful attack is his charged hammer strike.

He can't SHOOT Iron Man with lightning but there's nothing out there that shows Iron Man being able to absorb the impact of a charged hammer strike.

Why not? The charged strike is powerful because it releases kinetic and electric energy. The kinetic part will hurt Iron man, sure, but I don't see why he can't absorb the electric energy if he's already absorbed Thor's lightning before.

Nibedicus
Why not? The charged strike is powerful because it releases kinetic and electric energy. The kinetic part will hurt Iron man, sure, but I don't see why he can't absorb the electric energy if he's already absorbed Thor's lightning before.

Because the "electrical discharge" comes in the form of a powerful explosion. Just because you can absorb electricity coming in a steady stream into your arc reactor doesn't mean you can absorb a sudden explosion of the same energy

Think about it in a fuel kinda way. You can use gas as fuel doesn't mean you can use a gas explosion.

Psychotron
Because the "electrical discharge" comes in the form of a powerful explosion. Just because you can absorb electricity coming in a steady stream into your arc reactor doesn't mean you can absorb a sudden explosion of the same energy

Think about it in a fuel kinda way. You can use gas as fuel doesn't mean you can use a gas explosion.

Poor analogy. The electrical explosion is simply electricity going in all directions, no reason why IM can't absorb at least part of it.

Nibedicus
Poor analogy. The electrical explosion is simply electricity going in all directions, no reason why IM can't absorb at least part of it.

Um. No, perfect analogy actually. It just kills your argument, s'why you wanna deny it.

Ok, go ahead and charge your cel with an electrical explosion and see how much you get.

Psychotron
Um. No, perfect analogy actually. It just kills your argument, s'why you wanna deny it.

Ok, go ahead and charge your cel with an electrical explosion and see how much you get.

Fuel =/= explosion. Electrical discharge = still electricity. This is where your argument falls apart.

But even if it didn't, Thor's charged hammer strike is extremely unlikely for three reasons:

1. Tony is Thor's friend. It's unlikely he'll pull out his strongest attack against him, especially at the start of the fight.

2. Thor almost never uses it. He didn't use it against Hulk, he didn't use against Kurse, he didn't use it against Ultron.

3. Thor is a brawler. He will not use his more exotic powers right from the start, if he uses them at all. He will charge Iron Man and go H2H where the Hulkbuster's Hulk-level strength can do some serious damage.

That said, I'm not saying Iron Man wins, but his odds aren't bad at all.

DARTH POWER
Maybe he's the most powerful, but he's not the best H2H combatant

He's certainly infinitely better than IM in that department.

and fighting Iron Man means he can't use some of his most devastating attacks.

That's true. And that's what gives IM a chance here and will defo make this a good fight. But I'm still definitely inclined to give Thor the majority.

Thor would win if he fought smart, but that's OOC for him.

He fought without using his versatility against a brute like Hulk, but would probably fight with more variety against a versatile opponent like IM like he did the first time.

I don't know if he knows his Lightning amps IM, but I do know he didn't shoot IM with Lightning again after it amped him. So it would be a decent guess that he realized it's effect and adapted his combat style appropriately.

Psychotron
He's certainly infinitely better than IM in that department.

That's true. And that's what gives IM a chance here and will defo make this a good fight. But I'm still definitely inclined to give Thor the majority.

He fought without using his versatility against a brute like Hulk, but would probably fight with more variety against a versatile opponent like IM like he did the first time.

I don't know if he knows his Lightning amps IM, but I do know he didn't shoot IM with Lightning again after it amped him. So it would be a decent guess that he realized it's effect and adapted his combat style appropriately.

Barely, if it all. The movies just didn't make Thor look skilled, especially for a warrior who's fought for thousands of years.

Fair enough.

Well, he didn't use it against Kurse or Ultron either. Thor likes to brawl, that's part of his character.

DARTH POWER
Barely, if it all. The movies just didn't make Thor look skilled, especially for a warrior who's fought for thousands of years.

You think he's only barely better than Tony at H2H?

The movies may not have choreographed his moves the best, but they clearly showed he was that good when he took out a whole base of SHIELD Agents without any powers.

Well, he didn't use it against Kurse or Ultron either. Thor likes to brawl, that's part of his character.

But then he did against The Destroyer, the Frost Giants and IM. So it's not that clear cut. I'd say the fight scenes in Thor2 were done pretty badly and that Avengers 2 just didn't do his character justice tbh.

Nibedicus
Fuel =/= explosion. Electrical discharge = still electricity. This is where your argument falls apart.

But even if it didn't, Thor's charged hammer strike is extremely unlikely for three reasons:

1. Tony is Thor's friend. It's unlikely he'll pull out his strongest attack against him, especially at the start of the fight.

2. Thor almost never uses it. He didn't use it against Hulk, he didn't use against Kurse, he didn't use it against Ultron.

3. Thor is a brawler. He will not use his more exotic powers right from the start, if he uses them at all. He will charge Iron Man and go H2H where the Hulkbuster's Hulk-level strength can do some serious damage.

Funny that you simply deny the term "explosion"and insist on "discharge" and then claim that my "argument fell apart" like you somehow came upon the truth of the scenario. As if electrical explosions don't exist. Maybe you should google the difference of a "dischage" and an "explosion" and see which one causes shockwaves like this:

http://i.imgur.com/3H2jANxl.jpg

1. No one said he was gonna use it right off the bat, but once Thor realizes he's a threat, he's gonna start pulling out the big guns.

2. Kurse separated him from the hammer and kept him unbalanced for most of the fight. Hulk fought him inside the helicarrier where he not only has no access to the skies, he's also surrounded by squishy humans, not a good idea to unleash a massive aoe attack, don't you think? And I can't remember the Ultron fight that well, but I think the fight happened by the vibranium core where he couldn't cut loose for for fear of damaging it. Tho, I'm not 100% sure of that.

3. He used his tornado on the Destroyer (yep, another super strong piece of tech) as soon as the fight started and took him apart in seconds. He used his lightning (an exotic power) on Iron Man near the start of the fight as well. His charged hammer strike on the frost giants and the leviathan and his flying hammer charge on the giant beastie at the start of Thor 1. And used his hammer defensively as well as used charged hammer strikes one after another after against Malekith. So, no, he does use his exotic powers quite often. It is true he likes to brawl to test himself but once he starts taking his opponents seriously, he brings out his exotics all the time.

Hulkbuster puts up a good fight but Thor takes it apart at least 7/10.

Psychotron
Funny that you simply deny the term "explosion"and insist on "discharge" and then claim that my "argument fell apart" like you somehow came upon the truth of the scenario. As if electrical explosions don't exist. Maybe you should google the difference of a "dischage" and an "explosion" and see which one causes shockwaves like this:

http://i.imgur.com/3H2jANxl.jpg

1. No one said he was gonna use it right off the bat, but once Thor realizes he's a threat, he's gonna start pulling out the big guns.

2. Kurse separated him from the hammer and kept him unbalanced for most of the fight. Hulk fought him inside the helicarrier where he not only has no access to the skies, he's also surrounded by squishy humans, not a good idea to unleash a massive aoe attack, don't you think? And I can't remember the Ultron fight that well, but I think the fight happened by the vibranium core where he couldn't cut loose for for fear of damaging it. Tho, I'm not 100% sure of that.

3. He used his tornado on the Destroyer (yep, another super strong piece of tech) as soon as the fight started and took him apart in seconds. He used his lightning (an exotic power) on Iron Man near the start of the fight as well. His charged hammer strike on the frost giants and the leviathan and his flying hammer charge on the giant beastie at the start of Thor 1. And used his hammer defensively as well as used charged hammer strikes one after another after against Malekith. So, no, he does use his exotic powers quite often. It is true he likes to brawl to test himself but once he starts taking his opponents seriously, he brings out his exotics all the time.

Hulkbuster puts up a good fight but Thor takes it apart at least 7/10.

You're forgetting the kinetic part of the attack, that's why it looks like an explosion, and I already agreed that it will do damage, but there's no reason to assume Tony's suit won't be able to absorb the lightning if an inferior model has done it before.

Debatable.

Sure, we could agree about Hulk, but he separated himself from the hammer when fought Kurse. That was an opponent whom he should have attacked with his best right away, but he didn't. IIRC that was the key, the engine was at the bottom. I don't see why damaging the key would be a problem, they were trying to keep Ultron away from it, destroying it wouldn't be an issue.

He didn't take apart the Destroyer, he only beat it by reflecting it's beam back at it. The tornado didn't do anything to it. Tony is fast enough to avoid tornadoes, and the lightning will only amp him.

The movies may not have choreographed his moves the best, but they clearly showed he was that good when he took out a whole base of SHIELD Agents without any powers.

But then he did against The Destroyer, the Frost Giants and IM. So it's not that clear cut. I'd say the fight scenes in Thor2 were done pretty badly and that Avengers 2 just didn't do his character justice tbh.

Well, aside from that one scene with the SHIELD agents, Thor hasn't really demonstrated much H2H skill, especially when you compare him to MAs like Captain America or Widow.

We can definitely agree on that last part.

Juk3n

He's a big strong guy, clearly the shield agents were under orders not to kill him, it's clearly implied because hawk was up top and could have ended it on command. So we have a multiple shield agents ordered to hold back, being hit buy a guy who weighs about 230 and is NOT holding back. Plus you are assuming all shield agents are Black Widow calibre or something. Are all cops Judo experts? Are all FBI agents krav maga specialists?

At least Tony Stark has demonstrated actual martial arts skills, as seen in his training in IM2 and 3. Thor has clearly, glaringly OBVIOUSLY only shown brute strength haymaker fighting. Each one of Thors asgardian teammates have demonstrated martial arts prowess FAR beyond Thor himself. Hes just more powerful.

Back on topic. Thor wins Eventually. Tonys suit will just be shredded piece by piece, and the regen bot hovering in the sky will get hit by Thor, no doubt. Hulk fought pretty mindlessly, Thor will fight tactically, and that's what the difference comes down to.

on a side not even though the hack that is Whedon has decided to take a full load of Stark cum right to the throat and make Tony the 'strongest one there is' I think thor is durable enough to outlast the spare part machine before KO.

Silent Master
There is nothing that suggests that the Shield against were ordered to hold back in hth.

carver9
So you didn't notice that IM was getting damaged throughout the fight whereas Thor had not a single scratch on him?

So Thor didn't feel those attacks? Also, are you really basing Thor damaging Tony's arms as the decision of the fight because it was far from over.

Also, didn't Tony use said amp when he basted Thor?

danielgamer
Thor in a hard and long fight.

Juk3n
There is nothing that suggests that the Shield against were ordered to hold back in hth.

They looked like agents with SERIOUS martial prowess to you?
What are the options here? Hawkeye could have hit him with a leg shot, and arm shot, he has stun arrows he could have hit him with. Thor was not to be harmed because it was obvious to Coulson that Thor could enlighten him on the 'artifact'. They might have been trying to restrain him, but that is a world away from how they would fight if they were actually going in for the kill against an imminent threat.

If you think they were fighting to full potential or if, to you, you saw that fight and thought Wow, Thor is an extremely proficient hand to hand specialist, all it does is reveal your bias goggles. Marvel cinematic universe Thor might have fought a lot of battles, but nor you or I have ever seen him win a fight because of his "skill" as a combatant. That's not up for debate, because we've seen what "skill as a combatant" looks like in the MCU, it looks like Scarlett johanssen and to an even higher degree, it looks like Cap.

Strong. Powerful. Durable. Skillfull?

Silent Master
Hawkeye not shooting Thor doesn't mean the ones Thor was fighting were holding back in their hth ability, hell Phil makes it a point of saying that Thor made some of the most highly trained fighters on Earth look like a bunch of mall cops. so once again, there is no proof that they were holding back their hth ability.

Juk3n
Hawkeye not shooting Thor doesn't mean the ones Thor was fighting were holding back in their hth ability, hell Phil makes it a point of saying that Thor made some of the most highly trained fighters on Earth look like a bunch of mall cops. so once again, there is no proof that they were holding back their hth ability.

Hyperbole, and you know it. Did that fight give you any indication that if a powerless Thor fought Hawkeye, Widow or Steve, he would stand much of a chance? Because THATS what the most highly trained fighters on the planet earth look like.

Not the guys he fought. :/

Silent Master
Again, this is about your claim that they were ordered to hold back in hth...there is nothing in the movie to indicate this, thus your claim has no merit.

DrDeadpool
People are talking like in Hulkbuster vs Thor fight , Tony will be the mindless one and Thor will be fighting smart ! BUT
In Thor vs Kurse fight , kurse was dominating him and Thor couldn't do a single thing about it , he has all this Exotic powers but what did he do ?
HE JUST GOT BEATEN.
Not even one of those crazy powers that people are saying he has , helped him !

FrothByte
People are talking like in Hulkbuster vs Thor fight , Tony will be the mindless one and Thor will be fighting smart ! BUT
In Thor vs Kurse fight , kurse was dominating him and Thor couldn't do a single thing about it , he has all this Exotic powers but what did he do ?
HE JUST GOT BEATEN.
Not even one of those crazy powers that people are saying he has , helped him !

IM is not Kurse. Doesn't have reflex speed like Kurse. Doesn't have toughness like Kurse. Etc.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Juk3n
Hyperbole, and you know it. Did that fight give you any indication that if a powerless Thor fought Hawkeye, Widow or Steve, he would stand much of a chance? Because THATS what the most highly trained fighters on the planet earth look like.

Not the guys he fought. :/

And you back up this claim with what proof? That SHIELD agents are not some of the most highly trained fighters on the planet?

FrothByte
So Thor didn't feel those attacks? Also, are you really basing Thor damaging Tony's arms as the decision of the fight because it was far from over.

Also, didn't Tony use said amp when he basted Thor?

Feel? Of course he did. Injured? Not a chance. The fight was interrupted before it finished but it was clear who was worse off from the fight. If you can't tell who it was then there's no point debating with you.

FrothByte

Thor didn't brawl against Destroyer...

DrDeadpool
IM is not Kurse. Doesn't have reflex speed like Kurse. Doesn't have toughness like Kurse. Etc.

There is no ETC ! Iron man has reflex speed too ! there are all those dodgings in the movies with the normal suit ! there is no reason he can't do those with Hulkbuster too !
Kurse's only power was his strength and Thor had time to use one of his powers when he was getting beaten ! but he got totally dominated ! that's the point !

FrothByte
There is no ETC ! Iron man has reflex speed too ! there are all those dodgings in the movies with the normal suit ! there is no reason he can't do those with Hulkbuster too !
Kurse's only power was his strength and Thor had time to use one of his powers when he was getting beaten ! but he got totally dominated ! that's the point !

There is no ETC? What kind of answer is that?
Dude, how old are you? I'm genuinely curious.

Anyway... Kurse was fast enough to swat Mjolnir out of the way while he had his back turned. IM doesn't have reflex feats that can equate to those. Kurse doesn't feel pain as well. He gets stabbed and cut and all and he just keeps walking. IM can't tank a sword through the guy like that. Even before he became Kurse, Algrim was an elven warrior, and you're talking about centuries of fighting experience that Tony doesn't have.

Psychotron
Kurse also got impaled by Loki of all people, that should tell you how shit his durability is.

DrDeadpool
There is no ETC? What kind of answer is that?
Dude, how old are you? I'm genuinely curious.

Irrelevant.

Anyway... Kurse was fast enough to swat Mjolnir out of the way while he had his back turned. IM doesn't have reflex feats that can equate to those. Kurse doesn't feel pain as well. He gets stabbed and cut and all and he just keeps walking. IM can't tank a sword through the guy like that. Even before he became Kurse, Algrim was an elven warrior, and you're talking about centuries of fighting experience that Tony doesn't have.

Tony will not fell the pain too and in the first Iron man Tony dodged that tank attack , that is pretty close to kurse feat and Hulkbuster has other powers beside strength that are being ignored here ! the way he fought Hulk was very strategic and his pulses was also much more powerful than his regular pulses !

FrothByte
Kurse also got impaled by Loki of all people, that should tell you how shit his durability is.

He got impaled by an elven sword by Loki who has asgardian level strength. Not exactly sure how this shows low durability? Plus that sword strike didn't seem to hurt him. It definitely wasn't fatal.

Psychotron
He got impaled by an elven sword by Loki who has asgardian level strength. Not exactly sure how this shows low durability? Plus that sword strike didn't seem to hurt him. It definitely wasn't fatal.

And just how strong is Asgardian strength?

DrDeadpool
People here have this imagination that Thor and Asgard are so powerful in the movies and that's something i call Comic effect !
You should see the movies as the way they are ! i know many non comic readers that have seen the movies and don't consider Thor as powerful as many people on this board claim !
You guys say kurse dominated Thor because he has this godly strength not because Thor is not as powerful as you think he is !
You think Hulk could manhandle Thor because Thor was holding back not because he is not as powerful as you think he is !
You think Iron man could fight with Thor because Thor was holding back and he was amped up not because Thor is not as powerful as you think he is , and you are totally ignoring that even before the charge he could attack Thor , i personally have problem with this getting 4 times more powerful but i ignore this for now !

Silent Master
IOW, you want us to ignore what the movies actually show.

FrothByte
And just how strong is Asgardian strength?

Strong enough to push around cars and trucks easily. Easily lifting a car with one hand. Withstanding a full kick from Captain America without getting knocked back. Hurling a full grown man dozens of feet away with a single palm thrust. Easily bending a tactical knife by gripping it.

Being bullet proof, meaning that their weapons and normal means of killing each other need to be stronger and more lethal than simply shooting at each other with our normal hand held weaponry.

DARTH POWER
The idea that Tony is comparable to Thor in H2H skills is frankly laughable. As is the Thor lowballing going around here.

I do blame Avengers 2 though. There's just no way Hulkbuster IM should have actually beat Hulk. Plus Thor was put as almost a background character in the movie.

In any case, Hulk losing to Hulkbuster should just prove Thor would take Hulk if he went all out in the open.

Nibedicus
You're forgetting the kinetic part of the attack, that's why it looks like an explosion, and I already agreed that it will do damage, but there's no reason to assume Tony's suit won't be able to absorb the lightning if an inferior model has done it before.

Debatable.

Sure, we could agree about Hulk, but he separated himself from the hammer when fought Kurse. That was an opponent whom he should have attacked with his best right away, but he didn't. IIRC that was the key, the engine was at the bottom. I don't see why damaging the key would be a problem, they were trying to keep Ultron away from it, destroying it wouldn't be an issue.

He didn't take apart the Destroyer, he only beat it by reflecting it's beam back at it. The tornado didn't do anything to it. Tony is fast enough to avoid tornadoes, and the lightning will only amp him.

Well, aside from that one scene with the SHIELD agents, Thor hasn't really demonstrated much H2H skill, especially when you compare him to MAs like Captain America or Widow.

We can definitely agree on that last part.

So what you're saying is that the massive difference in damage caused by his charged strikes vs his normal strikes is simply kinetic force?? Maybe you should watch Thor 1 again. The ligthning explosion on impact is what caused the damage. There is no reason to assume Tony can absorb electrical explosions. You made the assertion that he can absorb it, prove it. Show him absorbing explosions of any kind.

It's not debatable as it is shown to bring out his exotics on screen as soon as he gets serious via his movies. It is fact.

No, Kurse kept him separated from Mjolnir after ambushing him. Then kept him dazed and off balance. Even stopped his hammer from returning by swatting it away (something Hulk couldn't do in Avengers btw). Watch Thor 2 again. They needed the key in one piece in order to analyze a way to take the city out as at that point, they had no plan to stop Ultron's plan as of yet IIRC.

"Take apart" meaning to defeat quickly and easily. It is questionable if Tony could resist those kinds of winds and the tornado will def take down the drone. And no, the charged hammer strikes are not absorbable as Tony has never absorbed explosions before.

Thor wins 7/10. And lowballing Thor's melee skills because he doesn't do flips like Cap and Widow is lol.

Silent Master
It's rather amusing how they lowball Thor and then complain when people point out that they're lowballing.

carver9
Lol...Ironman made a suit specifically to fight the Hulk. Not any other Avenger, primarily the Hulk. Why did he do this? Because Hulk is clearly the biggest threat on the team which is obvious so using Ironman defeating an unaware Hulk doesn't help Thor case in this battle.

Nibedicus
Lol...Ironman made a suit specifically to fight the Hulk. Not any other Avenger, primarily the Hulk. Why did he do this? Because Hulk is clearly the biggest threat on the team which is obvious so using Ironman defeating an unaware Hulk doesn't help Thor case in this battle.

You're kidding right?

He made a suit for the Hulk because Hulk is the only one that goes berzerk and smash stuff.....

I will agree tho that IM caught Hulk unaware (not only unaware, but that Hulk relaxed his guard). But that helps IM's case less than it does Thor as we ARE talking about Veronica here...

Psychotron
The idea that Tony is comparable to Thor in H2H skills is frankly laughable. As is the Thor lowballing going around here.

I do blame Avengers 2 though. There's just no way Hulkbuster IM should have actually beat Hulk. Plus Thor was put as almost a background character in the movie.

In any case, Hulk losing to Hulkbuster should just prove Thor would take Hulk if he went all out in the open.

That's not how it works. Hulk losing to the Hulkbuster doesn't mean Hulk would lose to Thor.It just means IM performed better than Thor did. And before you say Thor was holding back, remember that Tony spent half the fight trying to calm Hulk or rescuing civilians.

So what you're saying is that the massive difference in damage caused by his charged strikes vs his normal strikes is simply kinetic force?? Maybe you should watch Thor 1 again. The ligthning explosion on impact is what caused the damage. There is no reason to assume Tony can absorb electrical explosions. You made the assertion that he can absorb it, prove it. Show him absorbing explosions of any kind.

It's not debatable as it is shown to bring out his exotics on screen as soon as he gets serious via his movies. It is fact.

No, Kurse kept him separated from Mjolnir after ambushing him. Then kept him dazed and off balance. Even stopped his hammer from returning by swatting it away (something Hulk couldn't do in Avengers btw). Watch Thor 2 again. They needed the key in one piece in order to analyze a way to take the city out as at that point, they had no plan to stop Ultron's plan as of yet IIRC.

"Take apart" meaning to defeat quickly and easily. It is questionable if Tony could resist those kinds of winds and the tornado will def take down the drone. And no, the charged hammer strikes are not absorbable as Tony has never absorbed explosions before.

Thor wins 7/10. And lowballing Thor's melee skills because he doesn't do flips like Cap and Widow is lol.

Unless you live in a world where electricity causes quakes, then yes, it was the kinetic force. Don't know why that's so surprising, Thor is almost as strong as the Hulk after all. I don't have to prove Iron Man can absorb electrical attacks if he's already done it. It's up to you to prove that the hammer strike's electricity is somehow different from Thor's other lightning.

Oh, really? Then why didn't he use his exotic attacks against Kurse? Might have been a good idea to use lightning or a tornado before getting ass raped by the elf. Or why didn't he use those exotic attacks when Ultron was chocking him out with one arm instead of waiting for the Vision to save him?

Kurse didn't ambush him, Thor tried to ambush him with a hammer toss. Even without the hammer he could still summon his weather powers, but e didn't. Thor's exotic powers aren't always AoE, a few lightning bolts could have been very helpful while Ultron was manhandling him.

Both Tony and the drone can easily evade the tornado, and yes, Tony can absorb the strike as it's not an actual explosion but kinetic force + an electrical discharge. He can absorb the electricity since he's already done it in the past.

What skills? What on-screen skills has he shown? I'm not talking about shitty flips or whatever, just some kind of martial skill. Thor fight no better than brutes like the Hulk, he relies almost entirely on his power.

carver9
You're kidding right?

He made a suit for the Hulk because Hulk is the only one that goes berzerk and smash stuff.....

I will agree tho that IM caught Hulk unaware (not only unaware, but that Hulk relaxed his guard). But that helps IM's case less than it does Thor as we ARE talking about Veronica here...

no expression

Thor went berserk during the first movie and almost killed Cap. Hell, he choked Tony in the same movie. Why not make a suit for Thor, if he was as big a threat as the Hulk? I honestly don't see a reason when he original suit performed well against an enraged Thor.

FrothByte
no expression

Thor went berserk during the first movie and almost killed Cap. Hell, he choked Tony in the same movie. Why not make a suit for Thor, if he was as big a threat as the Hulk? I honestly don't see a reason when he original suit performed well against an enraged Thor.

Probably because IM doesn't have the technology yet to deal with Thor. As strong as Hulk is, he's pretty much a 1 dimensional fighter. Making a suit to counter someone as versatile as Thor would be much harder to make.

DARTH POWER
That's not how it works. Hulk losing to the Hulkbuster doesn't mean Hulk would lose to Thor.It just means IM performed better than Thor did. And before you say Thor was holding back, remember that Tony spent half the fight trying to calm Hulk or rescuing civilians.

Of course he performed better than Thor did. He was out in the open, flying around, dropping Hulk down a Skyscraper. Blasting the crud out of him. All things Thor is capable of but to a better degree. Did Thor Lightning strike Hulk even once? Because he did against IM. And he hurricaned the Destroyer.

Nibedicus

Unless you live in a world where electricity causes quakes, then yes, it was the kinetic force. Don't know why that's so surprising, Thor is almost as strong as the Hulk after all. I don't have to prove Iron Man can absorb electrical attacks if he's already done it. It's up to you to prove that the hammer strike's electricity is somehow different from Thor's other lightning.

Oh, really? Then why didn't he use his exotic attacks against Kurse? Might have been a good idea to use lightning or a tornado before getting ass raped by the elf. Or why didn't he use those exotic attacks when Ultron was chocking him out with one arm instead of waiting for the Vision to save him?

Kurse didn't ambush him, Thor tried to ambush him with a hammer toss. Even without the hammer he could still summon his weather powers, but e didn't. Thor's exotic powers aren't always AoE, a few lightning bolts could have been very helpful while Ultron was manhandling him.

Both Tony and the drone can easily evade the tornado, and yes, Tony can absorb the strike as it's not an actual explosion but kinetic force + an electrical discharge. He can absorb the electricity since he's already done it in the past.

What skills? What on-screen skills has he shown? I'm not talking about shitty flips or whatever, just some kind of martial skill. Thor fight no better than brutes like the Hulk, he relies almost entirely on his power.

Strong enough explosions cause tremors, so you'd be wrong. It's easy, his normal lightning attacks don't cause massive explosions. And as per Thor 1, his charged hammer strike caused a massive explosion. Proof. Now it is up to you to prove Iron man can absorb a massive explosion as he has never absorbed an explosion before, so he can't absorb a charged hanmer strike explosion. But, if that is how you wanna play it, let's say the Jontunhem blast was caused by massive kinetic force. evil face

Funny thing is, if the sheer magnitude of the force of that blow was due to Thor's kinetic power, he would crumple Veronica like a tin can even without his lightning, so it looks like you kinda argued yourself into a corner here. eek!

Because (like I've repeated over and over), he got separated from his hammer early on and he was dazed and off balance the whole time as soon as he was ambushed? facepalm Fact is, there are many instances of him going exotic and you just choose to ignore them all right? Rewatch Thor 2. He was flying towards the ship when Kurse took him down as he was chasing after Malekith's ship to keep him from escaping, not attacking Kurse.

Most his charged hammer strikes caused massive aoe damage. Especially against vibranium. And lol at you using a few instances vs the many instances Thor has used his exotics. It looks like lowballing is all you have left as you have no argument beyond that.

You mean the drone that couldn't even avoid a few big rocks thrown at it? It's suddenly gonna start evading massive tornadoes now? Prove it. And Tony in the Hulkbuster armor is gonna have to try and enter the tornado if it wants to engage in melee vs Thor who's at the center of it.

You mean other than taking on a base full of SHIELD agents? Or avoiding Hulk's blows or easily sliding below a thrown fighter wing or deflecting energy blasts with a mallet or when he fought the Destroyer intelligently by turning its energy against it or when he used his flying hammer charge to one shot the giant monster thru its mouth? Or when he keeps outfighting his brother who was nearly keeping up with Cap's agility? But, by all means, let's lowball Thor's fighting skills. After all, that's all you got going for you.

carver9
Probably because IM doesn't have the technology yet to deal with Thor. As strong as Hulk is, he's pretty much a 1 dimensional fighter. Making a suit to counter someone as versatile as Thor would be much harder to make.

no expression

He got a suit that can absorb Thor's lightning. I'm pretty sure he isn't worried about tornado. What else is there for Ironman to counter? If Anything, he is more prepared for Thor than Hulk.

FrothByte
no expression

He got a suit that can absorb Thor's lightning. I'm pretty sure he isn't worried about tornado. What else is there for Ironman to counter? If Anything, he is more prepared for Thor than Hulk.

He had a suit that Thor was crushing with his bare hands. Repulsor rays that didn't even give Thor a tan. Prepared? Yeah right.

Nibedicus
no expression

Lol.

Thor does not fly off the handle and does not lose control and endanger civilian lives like the Hulk does. Unlike Hulk, Thor can be reasoned with. Thor does not need someone to calm his ass down back to Banner after every fight. And, from what we gathered in their conversations, it was likely something Banner needed it as an assurance from Tony in case he ever loses control.

Silent Master
He had a suit that Thor was crushing with his bare hands. Repulsor rays that didn't even give Thor a tan. Prepared? Yeah right.

Even that one blast of lightning brought his power to 475% and slightly damaged the armor, it's not unreasonable to assume further strikes would completely overload the suit and damage it even more. carter is trying to slip in a no-limits fallacy.

carver9
Edit

FrothByte
@Froth...

Sigh. Nibedicus has a well thought-out response to this one so I won't bother responding to it.

All I will say is that he did make the suit SPECIFICALLY for Hulk. Not Thor. Thor and Hulk do not fight in the same manner.

FrothByte
Even that one blast of lightning brought his power to 475% and slightly damaged the armor, it's not unreasonable assume further strikes would completely overload the suit and damage it even more. carter is trying to slip in a no-limits fallacy.

Agreed. The lightning that Thor used doesn't look anywhere near the strongest ones he's had. And yes, IM's suit clearly had tears and cracks after that lightning strike.

carver9

We already been through this. Let's not compare physical damage. Ironman attacks did something during that scene.

Nibedicus
We already been through this. Let's not compare physical damage. Ironman attacks did something during that scene.

Yeah, it messed up Thor's hair! eek!

FrothByte

LOL. Why won't we compare physical damage? In a PHYSICAL fight, you'd think that physical damage/output would be one of the best indicators of who had an advantage in a fight.

Silent Master
LOL. Why won't we compare physical damage? In a PHYSICAL fight, you'd think that physical damage/output would be one of the best indicators of who had an advantage in a fight.

Because doing so would make Thor look good and as a massive Hulk fanboy, carter must always downplay Thor at every turn.

carver9

Good. Hulk is far above Thor since one punch busted up his nose whereas he did no damage to Hulk at all. Glad we got that out of the way.

Silent Master
Good. Hulk is far above Thor since one punch busted up his nose whereas he did no damage to Hulk at all. Glad we got that out of the way.

Are you drunk?

FrothByte

Busted up his nose? Exageration much?

Yeah he made Thor's nose bleed slightly. No one's denying that. And Thor definitely hurt Hulk with his Mjolnir uppercut.

To be honest I do believe Hulk hurt Thor more with his punch than Thor hurt Hulk with Mjolnir, but I also think that while Hulk was utilizing some of his strongest attacks against Thor, Thor was nowhere near using his strongest hits.

carver9
Busted up his nose? Exageration much?

Yeah he made Thor's nose bleed slightly. No one's denying that. And Thor definitely hurt Hulk with his Mjolnir uppercut.

To be honest I do believe Hulk hurt Thor more with his punch than Thor hurt Hulk with Mjolnir, but I also think that while Hulk was utilizing some of his strongest attacks against Thor, Thor was nowhere near using his strongest hits.

Glad this is just assumptions with nothing to back it up.

Nibedicus

All Iron Man's attacks did (at 400% boost mind you) was throw Thor around a bit and annoy him. At no time was it implied that Thor was hurt or even dazed by any of it. He shrugged off every attack as soon as they hit and he was causing physical damage to the armor with every hit and even started to crush it with his bare hands.

There is no proof on whether Thor was hurt or unhurt. But thing is, end of combat, he was no worse for wear from when he started while Tony showed clear damage.

FrothByte
Glad this is just assumptions with nothing to back it up.

Oh I have multiple feats and examples to back it up. But why should I make the effort when you don't have any proof to back up your claims anyway?

Psychotron
Strong enough explosions cause tremors, so you'd be wrong. It's easy, his normal lightning attacks don't cause massive explosions. And as per Thor 1, his charged hammer strike caused a massive explosion. Proof. Now it is up to you to prove Iron man can absorb a massive explosion as he has never absorbed an explosion before, so he can't absorb a charged hanmer strike explosion. But, if that is how you wanna play it, let's say the Jontunhem blast was caused by massive kinetic force. evil face

Funny thing is, if the sheer magnitude of the force of that blow was due to Thor's kinetic power, he would crumple Veronica like a tin can even without his lightning, so it looks like you kinda argued yourself into a corner here. eek!

Because (like I've repeated over and over), he got separated from his hammer early on and he was dazed and off balance the whole time as soon as he was ambushed? facepalm Fact is, there are many instances of him going exotic and you just choose to ignore them all right? Rewatch Thor 2. He was flying towards the ship when Kurse took him down as he was chasing after Malekith's ship to keep him from escaping, not attacking Kurse.

Most his charged hammer strikes caused massive aoe damage. Especially against vibranium. And lol at you using a few instances vs the many instances Thor has used his exotics. It looks like lowballing is all you have left as you have no argument beyond that.

You mean the drone that couldn't even avoid a few big rocks thrown at it? It's suddenly gonna start evading massive tornadoes now? Prove it. And Tony in the Hulkbuster armor is gonna have to try and enter the tornado if it wants to engage in melee vs Thor who's at the center of it.

You mean other than taking on a base full of SHIELD agents? Or avoiding Hulk's blows or easily sliding below a thrown fighter wing or deflecting energy blasts with a mallet or when he fought the Destroyer intelligently by turning its energy against it or when he used his flying hammer charge to one shot the giant monster thru its mouth? Or when he keeps outfighting his brother who was nearly keeping up with Cap's agility? But, by all means, let's lowball Thor's fighting skills. After all, that's all you got going for you.

Good thing it's an electrical discharge, not an explosion.

Uh, was there ever any doubt that Thor is strong enough to destroy the drone? It's survival depends on staying away from him and Tony keeping him busy. Unless you mean the Hulkbuster suit, in which case you're proven wrong by the movie. If Hulk couldn't do it, then Thor can't either.

You are aware that Thor can summon his powers without Mjolnir, right? Also, Thor wasn't ambushed, he was the one who tried to ambush Kurse.

Lightning wouldn't cause AoE, why didn't he use it against Kurse or Ultron?

Tornadoes tend to be slow and big, rocks thrown by a super strong rage monster, otoh, are not. And if he doesn't? Thor has to exist the tornado to engage Iron Man.

Featleass SHIELD jobbers, who cares? Avoiding a giant brute's attacks isn't all the impressive, it's not like he danced around him like Spider-man would. The Destroyer fight was the one time he fought smart, I'll give you that. Lol, outfighting Loki, the twink wizard, is a feat now? LEL. I got another thing going for me, Iron Man's superior performance against the Hulk, and I got another too, the fact that Iron Man can negate one of Thor's exotic powers his lightning absorbtion.

Psychotron
Of course he performed better than Thor did. He was out in the open, flying around, dropping Hulk down a Skyscraper. Blasting the crud out of him. All things Thor is capable of but to a better degree. Did Thor Lightning strike Hulk even once? Because he did against IM. And he hurricaned the Destroyer.

Thor didn't have to save civies tho.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>