Darth Talon vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
Who wins?

SunRazer
Qui-Gon. I think you're overrating Talon.

ILS
I think you need to read Legacy before deciding they lose every thread I put them in. erm

SunRazer
I've read all of them before, mate. Maybe it's been too long, but I just don't see the hype for them outside of Cade and Krayt and a select few others. And they don't lose every thread you put them in, you just put them too high. Ie. the Luminara one would be a win for Nihl.

And Qui-Gon's just good, I actually feel that you underrate him a bit.

ILS
Originally posted by SunRazer
Maybe it's been too long thumb up

I'm not sure why you think this? This can go either way. Talon is behind in sabers somewhat, but she has the power advantage, quite plainly. Maybe you could try letting people have a different viewpoint instead of accusing them of overrating right off the bat? confused

Jmanghan
Yeah, Jinn is good.

SunRazer
1. Could be, but I need to see a proper case first. Then again, I should present mine.

2. Qui-Gon's physically stronger by a similarly plain margin, and he's noticeably more skilled, which is the most important, deciding factor. As I recall, Talon doesn't make a habit of ignoring saber combat and abusing the Force, so her Force edge, plain though it is, won't be giving her the win. Qui-Gon genuinely challenging substantially better swordsmen than Talon pretty much puts him above her. Not saying it won't be a fight, because it will, and Qui-Gon would be challenged himself, but it's an eventual victory just about every time.

3. I just felt you were underrating him based on previous discussions, but you might have changed your opinion since then. I'm not accusing you (or at least, I'm not trying to bring negative connotations into it), I'm just voicing my opinions. I mean, it's probable that you think I'm underselling Talon right now.

ILS
I mean, it's probable that you think I'm underselling Talon right now. Correct. But I think it's more due to the fact you haven't read the comics recently than you actually want to undersell her.

She doesn't ignore saber combat, but she's highly versed in the ways of the Force and makes usage of it in just about every fight, at least moderate amounts of telekinesis anyway.

http://imgur.com/a/2tcto

SunRazer
@ILS - Well, I never make an effort to actually undermine a character, but I'll wait for you to remind me of her feats to amaze me.

Well, apparently some source claims Qui-Gon's power was comparable to Saesee Tiin's, or something, which makes it pretty good. That aside, I still think the gap isn't overwhelmingly drastic, so again, I would back him for the fight.

Though that's a pretty nice scan you have there.

ILS
but I'll wait for you to remind me of her feats to amaze me. Quips like this make me wonder if it's even really worth the effort. Marvel unlimited is there to be used, so I'd suggest you just read Legacy again before drawing conclusions on it's characters. Makes it easier to debate when you don't also have to educate.

SunRazer
Too lazy atm, but I'll do it.

I remember I was citing feats for you about Talon just a few weeks/months ago, lol. Maybe I should just consult that thread?

Jmanghan
Quotes have also claimed that Jinn in his prime was Windu-level.

SunRazer
That being said, I find her Lightning fairly impressive - her TK is solid but not overwhelming in comparison to Qui-Gon. Her skill feat puts her on his level but not close enough for her power to give her a win, IMO, especially when Qui-Gon's sporting a physical edge as well.

Q99
I've read all of them before, mate. Maybe it's been too long, but I just don't see the hype for them outside of Cade and Krayt and a select few others.

Pretty much all of the main fighters can cut down multiple normal jedi/sith with their eyes closed, and several has nice force feats as well.

It's easy to overlook since we mostly deal with people of the same level, but we're looking at each faction's badass, "we trust these people to handle the *really* dangerous situations" clash often. Not normal fighters, any of the main characters casually demolish normal fighters, and are badass enough to matter in fights against stronger foes.

Talon's good enough in just-sabers to clash with and escape from Cade early in Legacy war.

Heck, if one looks at Legacy II, we see some more minor members of each other with some *very* impressive force feats. Wredd's master pushes a ship off a cliff, Wredd and Jao push over a several-hundred-foot-across dish, stuff like that.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Quotes have also claimed that Jinn in his prime was Windu-level.

No such quotes exist.

The Merchant
I haven't read Legacy in a while but she does have a pretty good force barrier feat where she protects herself from the flames from the engines of the Mynocck.

Q99
It seems like everyone in the Legacy era has force barrier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.