Darth Vader vs. Hero of Tython

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Who wins? Legends and Canon allowed for Vader.

Jmanghan
Vader stomps.

carthage
Vader shits on him

Trocity
Vader

The Merchant
When did Tython kill that Lylek? I mean what level.

Jmanghan
How is that relevant?

Angelalex242
Vader finds Hero's lack of faith disturbing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The Merchant
When did Tython kill that Lylek? I mean what level.

Between 24-28.

The Merchant
Cause Vader killed a butt load of them and if Tython struggled with just one well Vader>Tython but seeing as how Tython took it on in a medium'ish level it's probably closer.

|King Joker|
Vader killed hundreds, right? Or was that the combined kill-count of both Vader and the Emperor?

carthage
They both killed hundreds of them, each of them would kill and pulverize 3-4 of them or knock them back with one shot of telekinesis.

Vader stomped a lot of them single handedly as did Sidious, in the book the Twilek Soldiers note that they have to fortify entire cities just to fight a handful of them:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=15176745

Vader was also fast enough to react to Sidious's speed and met blades with him as well:

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt255/stevelovesmoonspell/aavadersidious.png

FreshestSlice
This thread pleases me.

|King Joker|
Sidious and Vader are so awesome.

S_W_LeGenD
Hero of Tython.

Reasons covered here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=611228&pagenumber=11#post15171183

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Vader finds Hero's lack of faith disturbing.
And then looses.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The Merchant
Cause Vader killed a butt load of them and if Tython struggled with just one well Vader>Tython but seeing as how Tython took it on in a medium'ish level it's probably closer.
What makes you think that Hero of Tython struggled against one? He defeated many Sand Demons on Tatooine, therefore it is unlikely that he wouldn't struggle against a Lylek. Sand Demons are the most deadly predators on Tatooine, and among the deadliest predators in the galaxy.

More importantly, Hero of Tython exponentially grew in power since the events of Tatooine.

Jmanghan
Vader destroys.

There is no way Vader is getting treated like a ***** by Revan like H.O.T.

SunRazer
Vader isn't stomping when weaker Jedi have given him pause in the past.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Vader destroys.

There is no way Vader is getting treated like a ***** by Revan like H.O.T.
Confrontation between powerful Force-users are unlikely to be one-sided unless disparity - in the power of the combatants involved - is massive.

Revan's ability to overwhelm Hero of Tython (HoT) with his Force abilities, is not proof of Revan's superiority over the latter. Like, if Revan can send HoT packing with a Force push, it is likely that reverse may also happen.

ANALOGY:

- Tol Braga overwhelmed HoT with a few moves but HoT emerged victorious in this confrontation.

- Son overwhelmed Father with Force Lightning in a bout. Similarly, Father send Son packing with a Force push in another bout.

SunRazer
That was a weakened Father, and he only hurled the Son when the latter was distracted fighting the Daughter.

FreshestSlice
I can't tell who's argument is more disgusting yours or LeGenD's.

DarthAnt66
Depends on the incarnation of Vader in terms of how bad a stomp, tbh.

Pre-ANH Vader is the strongest for canon Vader.
ROTJ Vader is the strongest for classic legends Vader.

Stigma
Vader wins confortably.

NewGuy01
Vader, lol.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Depends on the incarnation of Vader in terms of how bad a stomp, tbh.

Pre-ANH Vader is the strongest for canon Vader.
ROTJ Vader is the strongest for classic legends Vader.
It's not like Vader suddenly became weaker for the movies.

DarthAnt66
Dave Filoni says his prime was pre-ANH because Luke, tbh.

FreshestSlice
He doesn't even know who Luke is until after ANH, so that's pretty retarded, tbh.

ares834
Filoni says a lot of retarded things TBH. Like when he says Han Solo couldnt't understand Chewie. Of course, Ahsoka could... roll eyes (sarcastic)

|King Joker|
thumb up She's pretty awesome like that.

Dave is pretty stupid sometimes, admittedly.

Angelalex242
Eh.

The reason Vader notably improves in legends is because Galen Marek provided him a worthy sparring partner. In Canon, there is no Marek.

The argument against ROTJ Vader being prime Vader is by that time, love for his son has polluted his connection to the Dark Side...polluted it so much he eventually throws it off.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
He doesn't even know who Luke is until after ANH, so that's pretty retarded, tbh.

I think he means when he realizes he has a son it cast doubts into his decisions. Which makes a ton of sense actually, I always thought it was nonsense that in ROTS Palps says 'You killed Padme', implying he also killed his children, and when he finds out he has children he never pieced together what a lying bastard Sidious is. Luke being alive shows Vader the biggest lie Palpatine ever told him. So I can totes see that weakening his resolve.

FreshestSlice
He doesn't know he has a son until after ANH.

Sinious
Vader wins after a close fight imo.

Kosmos Supreme
I still think theHero of Tython
when did TOR Characters get ranked so low?

FreshestSlice
The real question is what did the HoT do to earn being ranked so high? I mean besides being TK'd by Revan.

Hero of Python
Vader edges HoT just by a bit. Would be a good fight though.

Non-Canon Darkside HoT wins though, IMO.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The real question is what did the HoT do to earn being ranked so high? I mean besides being TK'd by Revan.

Defeated Bengel Morr (with just a training sabre.)

Defeated Power Guards (stated to be strong enough to fight Jedi/Sith on equal footing.)

Defeated Sadic (who was Angral's top apprentice even before undergoing the Power Guard process.)

Defeated Darth Angral (who was Dark Council level, and this was still quite early in the HoT's career)

Defeated Scourge (a 300+ year old master duellist who had killed over 1000 Jedi and Sith that the Emperor considered a threat. Meaning he didn't just kill a bunch of wussies)

Defeated the Gormak Guardian (an avatar of Sel-Makor)

Defeated Tol Braga (who beat a Dark Counciler)

Defeated the Imperial Guard (whom even the Dark Council were scared of)

Defeated the Emperor's Voice (not at full power but still heckuva powerful).

Originally posted by Hero of Python
TheVader edges HoT just by a bit. Would be a good fight though.

I agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.