Batman vs Gladiator read the stips

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright Gladiator comes to Gotham he was told that a masked man called Batman caused the Sh'ar population to die so he quickly finds Batman grabs him by the neck and says I believe In a fair fight so knowing Batman has no chance and not knowing Batman is a genius he tell Batman he is going to be back here in 1 year be prepare to battle to the death.

Batman has one year he can't ask for help with the threat and he can't use exotic gear for the fight, he has to do it with his mind and equipment he has made or come up. Gladiator is just short of bloodlust.

DarkSaint85
DCnU or pre-Flashpoint?

Silent Master
I don't think Gladiator's confidence weakness falls under standard knowledge, that is going to make prepping for him somewhat difficult.

Rezactic
What counts as exotic gear? Can Batman use stuff that he designed himself like the Hellbat? I'm assuming he can't use stuff like Boom Tubes or the Phantom Zone since he didn't design those technologies?

golem370
Pre-Flashpoint no alien tech it has to be his own stuff and no magic .

Mindset
I don't need to read the stips, Batman murders him.

golem370
Or Gladiator destroy Batman you know more likely

Henry_Pym
Batman creates anti-knockoff spray which can totally kill Glads once he arrives

Gladiator throws the moon at Gotham from space.

golem370
Or destroys the ozone layer melts all ice on earth flooding the earth etc etc

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by golem370
Or destroys the ozone layer melts all ice on earth flooding the earth etc etc Why would Batman need to do that to defeat Gladiator?

relentless1
Batman knows/ finds out the smallest bits of seemingly irrelevant info constantly, with a year he's 100% going to find out about Gladiators dumbass weakness and as he's the master of psychological attacks/mind games he could shake Gladiators confidence and bat kick him into oblivion

golem370
He is not going to find info on somebody from a different reality in the DC universe.

DarkSaint85
Pre-Flashpoint no alien tech it has to be his own stuff and no magic .

He could call Alfred.....he beats Gladiator analogues up for fun.

http://l7world.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Superman-VS-Alfred-Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-36.jpg

relentless1
if he can't find info on him then why the year prep?? if he's in gotham that means he's entered the DC universe and Bats has a year to surveil and study him if he doesnt get info on him already

golem370
He goes to Gotham because he was told Batman killed the people if the Shi'ar so in the scenario Gladiator tell Batman that they are going to fight and gives Batman time to prepare for it but not on him that would make almost spite for Batman. Batman has time and his smarts for a fight vs Gladiator superior abilities and determination on killing Batman

DarkSaint85
Lol.

So all Batman knows is someone with a mohawk who is really powerful (but no clue on his abilities apart from flight and > human strength) is coming?

Great threadthumb up Batman stomps this.

golem370
It is like Batman vs Superman thread yet instead of all the time he seen stuff Superman he knows only a few things 1 He has super speed 2 He has super strength 3 he has the ability to fly and survive in space. See unlike the Batman vs Superman thread it is pure battle prep vs Superman level powers.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Mindset

QFT

DarkSaint85
It is like Batman vs Superman thread yet instead of all the time he seen stuff Superman he knows only a few things 1 He has super speed 2 He has super strength 3 he has the ability to fly and survive in space. See unlike the Batman vs Superman thread it is pure battle prep vs Superman level powers.

Turrble, though.

How does Batman know he is 'Superman' level?

How strong is Gladiator? Batman does not know.
How fast is Gladiator? Batman does not know.
Does he have HV? Batman does not know.
How powerful is it? Batman does not know.
Does Red Sun radiation work? Batman does not know.
Does Kryptonite work? Batman does not know.
Is there a specific kind of radiation that works? Batman does not know.
Would mental attacks work? Batman does not know.

Battle prep means he knows what he is prepping for. Which you have cut out.

golem370
Gladiator also doesn't know anything about Batman they are equal in knowledge of each other but I gave Batman a year of prep and Gladiator none Gladiator has the powers and Batman has the prep time about equal imo. Prep Master vs Super being type. Like I said also Batman knows little things about him like flight able to survive in space and super strength and durability.

DarkSaint85
Lol.

So is he like Animal Man? Who can also survive in Space, has flight, super strength and durability...

Or like Booster Gold?

Or Like Martian Manhunter, so you'd need to add shapeshifting, telepathy, Martian Vision etc?

Or is he like Zatanna, who can also survive in space, has flight etc?

All these have different prep. You cannot prep for something with so many variables lol.

Do you see the problems your thread has now?

golem370
So your telling me Batman has never won a battle with someone he has no prep on? I think you're not giving Batman is respect lol he has prep and the other guy doesn't

DarkSaint85
So your telling me Batman has never won a battle with someone he has no prep on? I think you're not giving Batman is respect lol he has prep and the other guy doesn't

Nope.

See how he fared against Oglivy. He had no idea what he could do, and was thrashed and left for dead. Once he knew what Oglivy's powers were, he came back and defeated him.

JLA, when he met Superman for the first time. Superman treated him like a kid.

Man-Bats. Owls. Only when he has some info on their weaknesses, does he prep and succeed.

Pre-DCnU? Look how he did against Prometheus. Lost. Then prepped specifically for him, and beat him later.

Bane? We all know how their first fight went.

White Martians? Once he realised they WERE Martians, he beat them. Before that, no.

Shall I continue? Justice League of Ancients. He was killed by them.

Prep is useless without any information, you DO realise that, right?

But please, give some examples of him prepping with next to no information, and winning.

golem370
I think it is equal imo one is a prep genius who has seen his opponent I think Batman would say he is wearing a red suit with a symbole on his chest and a cape and he must be an evil verison of superman and prepare for a fight like that. If I made with your stip it would't be fair since he used their abilities and weakness to every time to win. The way I have made it Batman has the time to come up with plans and stratigies and Gladiator has the powers on his side. I think if I did this your way it would be spite in Batmans favor.

DarkSaint85
I think it is equal imo one is a prep genius who has seen his opponent I think Batman would say he is wearing a red suit with a symbole on his chest and a cape and he must be an evil verison of superman

no expression

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx347/michaelangelo27/GladiatorMajestor_zpsbe28838a.jpg

He hasn't worn it for a while now.

IOW, he prepped?

golem370
I am not nearly up to date as I get current on here. IOW?

DarkSaint85
I am not nearly up to date as I get current on here. IOW?

In Other Words.

Surtur
Yeah, Batman isn't beating Gladiator. Why do people keep putting this guy up against people he has no business fighting, even with prep? No, he can't beat Superman, even with prep. Also Nope, he also can't beat people who are functionally just Superman clones with different names either.

The only way Batman can win is if God himself comes down and smites Gladiator for him. Yep, so what does that say about Batman when his only chance is literally divine intervention? Sort of like how in the Superman vs Batman thread the ONLY version who had a snowballs chance in hell was one who had Supermans powers. These things should be signs to people as to the limits of what Batman can do.

golem370
He is prep as far a superman level thats it he has a weakness but not truly sure what it is.

DarkSaint85
He is prep as far a superman level thats it he has a weakness but not truly sure what it is.

So what is he prepping?

I think you fundamentally misunderstand how Batman preps.

Surtur

Even if Batman knew Gladiators weakness it wouldn't matter. He knows Superman is weak to kryptonite and it doesn't mean a damn thing.

You could give Batman a play by play of every single second of Gladiators life, he still wouldn't be able to successfully prep for him. Hell, the type of radiation Glads is weakened by was never even specified in any comics, we have no idea what it is or if the type of energy even exists in the DCU. Just knowing a certain type of radiation can hurt him isn't going to allow Batman to magically hone in on the specific type.

golem370
I know Surtur I believe would in any match that doesn't have pis in it.

Surtur
Yep, for him to win prep he'd need to be allowed to dip into the JLA's tech and stuff. But that stuff technically belongs to the entire team, so it's not really Batmans personal resources and thus if Batman were to use JLA tech and win it really doesn't tell us much about his prep abilities.

DarkSaint85
I know Surtur I believe would in any match that doesn't have pis in it.

Doesn't have to be the radiation.

How did Reed defeat him when he came for them? He built a device that made Glads weak, by messing with his self-confidence.

How did Batman get the atomic red suns in his Justice Buster suit? He went to Ray Palmer, and took his ideas/got him to build it for him.

As I said before, you fundamentally misunderstand Batman's prep. When he was creating all those plans for the JLA in Tower of Babel, he was taking ideas and adapting supervillain tech - Scarecrow's fear toxins, for example. He didn't suddenly create a brand new compound.

His prep is relying on finding out your weaknesses, and if he cannot do it himself, adapting/stealing others' ideas. Unlike Tony Stark, for example, who relies on building a bigger and stronger 'buster' suit.

Surtur
Yeah, but Reed Richards is much smarter then Batman is. Also if the only way to win is for Batman to seek outside help..well, that tells us all we need to know about his own prep skills.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, but Reed Richards is much smarter then Batman is. Also if the only way to win is for Batman to seek outside help..well, that tells us all we need to know about his own prep skills.

That's the thing.

It tells us about Batman's own tech smarts. Which have never been all that - he would get thrashed in a suit contest with Tony, for example.

He is essentially a supervillain with access with superhero resources. THAT'S his strength. THAT'S how he preps. Look at the Hellbat armour, for example - sure, he designed it - but it needed the League's help. He takes the ideas of Mr Freeze. Scarecrow. Probably Joker's poisons. Adapts the powers of the League in the Insider suit (which, even then, was hardly anything to write home about).

It says nothing about his prep smarts. He doesn't meet force with force - he leaves that to the other, more brightly coloured heroes. He skulks in the dark, avoiding direct confrontation if he can, using fear tactics, then, when your guard is down, striking you at your weakness.

Look at his Doomsday Protocol. Look at his OMACs. They work off weakness exploitation, and BFR. Not like Tony, who would design 'Gladiatorbusters'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.