The Last Witch Hunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Ky4sXEz520Y

Esau Cairn
So Blade but with witches?

Oh Vin pls focus on another Riddick instead.

Mindset
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Oh Vin pls focus on another Riddick instead. Riddick is dead.

Esau Cairn
Your dick is dead.
To me.

Mindset
Your dick is dead.
To me. I buried it in your mom.

Esau Cairn
You owe me a pony, new step dad.

Patient_Leech

thumb up

My thoughts exactly.. it doesn't look very interesting.

And Riddick is stronger than ever.

Robtard
"An immortal witch hunter is tasked with the job of coming between the covens of New York City and their goal to destroy humanity by way of a horrific plague. In order to accomplish this he must partner up with a beautiful female witch, something that he thought he would never do." laughing out loud Awful

Ygritte looks good, would smash thumb up

Tzeentch
Didn't the fool learn his lesson from Babylon A.D.?

Mindset
This will go down as one of the greatest movies ever made.

marwash22
between the overall coolness of the Riddick character and the entertaining nature of the 'Fast' movies, Vin has made us forget that he's a terrible actor.

Mindset
He's actually pretty good, have you seen The Last Witch Hunter?

It's one of the greatest movies ever made.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mindset
He's actually pretty good, have you seen The Last Witch Hunter?

It's one of the greatest movies ever made.

You stole Doc Brown's car again didn't you?

Kazenji
Seen on Vin's facebook that the studio is apparently excited for this movie that they are already are planning on doing second one.

Surtur

He should focus on a sequel to Chronicles of Riddick. It ended with a cool premise, he was in charge. Then the next movie? Oh, just a rehash of Pitch Black, cliche monster movie. Yay, who'd want something different?

Originally posted by Kazenji
Seen on Vin's facebook that the studio is apparently excited for this movie that they are already are planning on doing second one.

Makes no sense to me at all. This isn't even an established franchise, shouldn't they wait until the movie comes out to see how successful it is before they begin plans on a sequel?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
He should focus on a sequel to Chronicles of Riddick. It ended with a cool premise, he was in charge. Then the next movie? Oh, just a rehash of Pitch Black, cliche monster movie. Yay, who'd want something different?

Riddick (2013) was a sequel to Chronicles. Watch the Director's Cut.

quanchi112

Makes no sense to me at all. This isn't even an established franchise, shouldn't they wait until the movie comes out to see how successful it is before they begin plans on a sequel? I agree that chronicles was very cool. The movie bombed so the plans had to be abandoned for a smaller budget aka shit film Riddick. Oh well.

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Riddick (2013) was a sequel to Chronicles. Watch the Director's Cut.

In name only. It didn't deal with the premise of what had occurred in the last film, it was just another "Riddick on strange planet with deadly creatures" movie.

Patient_Leech
Funny, most people think Chronicles is the "shit film." Personally I think they're all of excellent quality.

Kazenji
In name only. It didn't deal with the premise of what had occurred in the last film, it was just another "Riddick on strange planet with deadly creatures" movie.

Watch the Director's Cut

it delt with Riddick ruling the Necromonger's.

quanchi112
Funny, most people think Chronicles is the "shit film." Personally I think they're all of excellent quality. It was by far the best film of the trilogy.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by quanchi112
It was by far the best film of the trilogy.

Thank you for your expert opinion. But it actually works to our advantage that Chronicles was relatively unsuccesful at the box office because instead of just 4 movies in the series, we should get 5 in all. Riddick (2013) was an added bonus and we should still get UnderVerse and Furya. That's the plan at least.

Even if we have to wait 10 years inbetween each movie it should be worth the wait... Riddick will be using an intergalactic walker.

quanchi112
Thank you for your expert opinion. But it actually works to our advantage that Chronicles was relatively unsuccesful at the box office because instead of just 4 movies in the series, we should get 5 in all. Riddick (2013) was an added bonus and we should still get UnderVerse and Furya. That's the plan at least.

Even if we have to wait 10 years inbetween each movie it should be worth the wait... Riddick will be using an intergalactic walker. The budget will be shit and vin is going to look old as sin by that rate. I gave my opinion. I feel it's by far the best.

Surtur
I enjoyed Chronicles just because it was so..different. You had guys who had gone to the underworld or underverse and had weird speed powers and then you had elementals and all the weird tech the necromongers were using. It is one of those movies where you do not really know what the f*ck is going on, but that doesn't bother you. Maybe I am bias because I guess I also associate the movie with the video game even though the game is set in the past.

But then if it was explained in the Directors Cut..what did he do with the necromongers? I just would of loved them to explore that more..it is a shame. It's actually getting me in the mood to rewatch it.

Patient_Leech
That's all I watch is the director's cuts in the Riddick series. Once they're out of the theater there's no reason to bother with the theatrical versions anymore. And they are going to explore the Necromongers more. The next movie is supposed to be basically the battle in the UnderVerse.

Surtur
If they are going to explore them more I'm even more confused about why they wasted an entire movie on essentially just Pitch Black all over again.

I still want to know what the explanation they even gave was. Since I don't think someone just forgets they were put in charge of an entire galactic empire type thing.

I also have to say I hate all "Directors Cut" movies because for me..the directors version should be the one we get in theaters. If the director had a specific vision for a film..I don't want to have to buy it on dvd just to see that. Even worse when the Directors Cut clears up huge plot holes because these scenes should of never been removed in the first place. Obviously I am grateful that we do eventually get to see the directors vision for certain films, but I feel like that should be given top priority already, otherwise why even make them director?

quanchi112
That's all I watch is the director's cuts in the Riddick series. Once they're out of the theater there's no reason to bother with the theatrical versions anymore. And they are going to explore the Necromongers more. The next movie is supposed to be basically the battle in the UnderVerse. Your source ?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by quanchi112
Your source ?

I've read a lot of interviews with the director, David Twohy.

Patient_Leech
If they are going to explore them more I'm even more confused about why they wasted an entire movie on essentially just Pitch Black all over again.

I still want to know what the explanation they even gave was. Since I don't think someone just forgets they were put in charge of an entire galactic empire type thing.

I also have to say I hate all "Directors Cut" movies because for me..the directors version should be the one we get in theaters. If the director had a specific vision for a film..I don't want to have to buy it on dvd just to see that. Even worse when the Directors Cut clears up huge plot holes because these scenes should of never been removed in the first place. Obviously I am grateful that we do eventually get to see the directors vision for certain films, but I feel like that should be given top priority already, otherwise why even make them director?

I understand your annoyance with director's cuts, because they get on my nerves too, but unfortunately there are other factors. He (the director) was contracted to deliver a 2-hour movie, so he had to cut things. I also think he strategically left some of the nerdier Necromonger stuff out to help the film get better reviews, but the directors cut is more for the real fans.

And it's not "Pitch Black all over again." There are just throw-backs to that movie because Johns' father shows up looking for answers regarding the death of his son, it revitalizes the character as a bit more dark and foreboding, establishes the R-rating, etc. (Not to mention the first 1/3 of the movie is a badass survival scenario. Did you SEE the movie??) Personally I don't care if they have to go PG-13 again for the next film, as long as it gets it made.

quanchi112
I've read a lot of interviews with the director, David Twohy. I doubt 94 million on a 38 million dollar budget will get the green light from Universal for a. Icy larger budget. I hope I'm wrong because I really liked the second one and want to see the necroverse.

Patient_Leech
Doubt it all you want, but that's still a profit. It more than doubled its production budget. And the Worldwide BO I see is $98 million at boxofficemojo, not $94 million. And it was an independent movie, done with Vin's production company, and Vin did a dance on Facebook a while back, lol, and said the studio wants to help produce the next one. So it's just a matter of time. Vin says he can't do them as quickly back-to-back like he does Fast and Furious because the character is so dark.

quanchi112
Doubt it all you want, but that's still a profit. It more than doubled its production budget. And the Worldwide BO I see is $98 million at boxofficemojo, not $94 million. And it was an independent movie, done with Vin's production company, and Vin did a dance on Facebook a while back, lol, and said the studio wants to help produce the next one. So it's just a matter of time. Vin says he can't do them as quickly back-to-back like he does Fast and Furious because the character is so dark. I definitely hope this happens as chronicles was really good. Only time will tell.

jinXed by JaNx

And it's not "Pitch Black all over again."

Yes it is. It's a good retelling but still a retelling.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yes it is. It's a good retelling but still a retelling.

I felt like it was a perfectly worthy pulp sci-fi entry in the series because of the great survival story and the great cast of Merc characters. Plus the badass cliffhanger for the UnderVerse, of course.

big grin

Kazenji
xsuG2JUgs_8

Tzeentch
Flopping in a theater near you.

Nephthys
After playing Witcher 3, I can't look at the words "Witch Hunter" without instinctively clenching my fist.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Flopping in a theater near you.

Like that means alot...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Nephthys
After playing Witcher 3, I can't look at the words "Witch Hunter" without instinctively clenching my fist.

is Witcher 3 a good game because im thinking of buying it?

Originally posted by Kazenji
xsuG2JUgs_8

this will something enjoyable to watch ..

Nephthys
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
is Witcher 3 a good game because im thinking of buying it?

It is fantastic, absolutely one of the best games ever made. You probably want to play at least the second game first though.

Kazenji
Did they even release the second one for the PS4?......because i know that's what Bruce owns.

Patient_Leech
The new trailer makes this look slightly less silly, but still very silly indeed. I think it might be taking itself a little too seriously... might work if there is some humor in there.

quanchi112
I'll still see it but I'm not blown away by the trailer. Just hoping it's well done.

dynamix
trailer looks cool! Definitely gonna check this out.

Kazenji
Personally that 2nd trailer is alot better compared to what the first one showed.

Patient_Leech
This has gotten abysmal reviews, witch isn't surprising at all. Witch, instead of which.. get it??

15% on RT.

I guess the most I can hope for is a fun guilty pleasure and lots of "You know nothing, Vin Diesel" jokes. laughing

Anybody seen it yet?

quanchi112
Saw it. Just like the review I read. Nothing special. Special effects look good and it isn't necessarily bad but nothing we haven't ever seen before. It brought nothing new to the table.

Patient_Leech
Compared to some of the comments I've read, that almost sounds like a recommendation.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Nephthys
It is fantastic, absolutely one of the best games ever made. You probably want to play at least the second game first though. thumb up

Robtard
This has gotten abysmal reviews, witch isn't surprising at all. Witch, instead of which.. get it??

15% on RT.

I guess the most I can hope for is a fun guilty pleasure and lots of "You know nothing, Vin Diesel" jokes. laughing

Anybody seen it yet?

This has looked like complete shit since the first previews appeared back in April. Honestly a little surprised it even has 15%.

But of course the no-taste-goober thought is has some worth.

Tzeentch
Flopping in a theater near you. Apparently this is the second worst selling movie Vin's ever done, right behind Babylon AD.

So, go me I guess. thumb up

EDIT- That said, it would have been nice if this had actually been a good movie and had sold well. We're desperately low on supply of good fantasy movies in cinema.

Patient_Leech
Apparently this is the second worst selling movie Vin's ever done, right behind Babylon AD.

So, go me I guess. thumb up

It's amusing that you pat yourself on the back for being able to smell an obvious piece of shit. laughing out loud Like Rob said, this has looked like a turd from the start.

EDIT- That said, it would have been nice if this had actually been a good movie and had sold well. We're desperately low on supply of good fantasy movies in cinema.

I think this isn't doing well because it really just looks very lame. And on the bright side, this movie flopping is allowing a great sci-fi film (The Martian) to remain at #1. So that's good.

Esau Cairn

There's been a handful of bad fantasy movies over the last few years.
Season Of The Witch. The Seventh Son. Those teen novel based films.

S'funny that none of these will still achieve B-grade grandness.

rudester
Its hard to achieve a great fantasy flick when the target is tweenies based audience. Script writers have to keep it safe, a lot of complexes stories for adults will be hard to understand by tweenies. If you want a more active story my suggestion would be to venture outside of the U.S... japanese fantasy has a lot to offer?

jinXed by JaNx
Saw this earlier. I'm indifferent about the movie because i think with a better written character and main protagonist this movie could have good. However, with Vin Diesel it's just..,meh. Perhaps, if Vin Diesel didn't play the same fookin character he plays in every other movie, it could have had a chance, but because he plays, "vin diesel" it really struggles to find any relevance.
I am a big fan of Vin Diesel but this movie has taught me that he doesn't choose to play different characters because of bad judgement but rather because he can't. It's still an entertaining movie worth watching on, netflix, but i would suggest avoiding paying full price+concessions at the theater. i have no reason to be, but i'm still disappointed with this movie. I was one of the few that hoped it was going to be better than it was.

Patient_Leech
So is that a big thumb up , Mr. JaNx?

laughing

Ascendancy
Babylon A.D. wasn't that bad... until the parkour started :haha

The other problem is that while Chronicles wasn't bad, Pitch Black and Riddick definitely did a much better job of staying on task throughout, thought Riddick did go a bit off the reservation towards the end. Peak, valley, smaller peak.

jinXed by JaNx
So is that a big thumb up , Mr. JaNx?

laughing

No, it's a big...,meh. In other words, don't spend ten dollars watching the movie, but wait to spend $7 to rent it off of cable. although, ultimately, i'd recommend paying the difference to see it in the theater because you get the sound quality plus you get to eat a carton of ten dollar popcorn too. I, quite like the popcorn wink

Other than that i don't know what i'm doing wrong here. I really like Vin Diesel and i think he is a better actor than he's been proving to be. If your're paying to see a supernatural movie with Vin Diesel in it, you're going to be entertained. If you hope for anything else you're going to be disappointed. That's not necessarily a bad thing..,

Time-Immemorial
Ok just cut to the chase how bad is this shitty movie? Cause I will see it if it's that bad.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
No, it's a big...,meh. In other words, don't spend ten dollars watching the movie, but wait to spend $7 to rent it off of cable...

Oh, from the start I had no intention to spend full price on this. laughing

I will see it eventually, though. I always enjoy silly movies like this when I watch them for free as opposed to spending $11 - $17 on them (the price of tickets around here!). I spent full price on Fast & Furious 6... boy was that a mistake. It did make me laugh, though.

Time-Immemorial
I have a dollar movie theater down the street, I'll see this crap there.

rudester
I'll wait till it hits China town...

Estacado
Movie was bad.

Expected some cool action movie with meh story.

Movie lacks both.

jaden101
You know you're in for a bad time when they mention 'level 14 warlocks'

Not good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.