Darth Baras vs Satele Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
They clashed once before, but that was before their prime. Since Baras seems to be held in pretty high regard here, would be able to beat the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, if he was in his own prime?

Fight takes place in the Dark Council Chambers to make it slightly fairer for Baras.

Nephthys
Baras

SunRazer
Why?

Nephthys
He put up a stellar fight against the Wrath, who is comfortably above Satele imo. He was considered almost invincible by the Hand even without the Entity amp, so with it and his Sel Makor amp he'd be pretty ****in' swole.

SunRazer
It is to my understanding that the Wrath refrained himself from letting loose hell on Baras, and was more intent on humiliating the latter. Baras gets exhausted and the Wrath just leaves him there in humiliation in front of the Dark Council. That being said, the Encyclopedia does describe their contest as fierce, so it's probable that he held up in an actual duel.

Can I have more elaboration on the Sel Makor amp? I hear it everywhere but it's never detailed.

Nephthys
One of the dialogue's in the fight has the Wrath breathing heavily, indicating that it was a close fight. He did outlast Baras though. But Prime Baras would be stronger than in that fight.

Sel Makor says he offered power to a Sith "decades ago", one greater than Fulmanis. Baras is the only Sith to have visited Voss before the Empire knew of it.

SunRazer
That's pretty ambiguous, and I don't know what you mean by that not being Prime Baras.

As for the dialogues, I only recall Baras using Dun Moch to taunt the Warrior and claim that he needed to catch his breath, but the Warrior just tells him to forget the bravado. It was more likely Baras who needed to catch his breath. lol

After Vowrawn taunts him, he flies into a fit of rage, which seems like tapping into Force Rage to me, and he still loses/exhausts himself. That was probably the "fierce contest".

Nephthys
Prime Baras still had the Entity bound to him, remember? You go and free her on Corellia. I actually dunno if he was specifically drawing power off of her tbh or just visions but still.

O7_vlrEawDg

Though listening even the top option sounds a bit winded.

SunRazer
I'm pretty sure he just benefited from her Force Visions.

Interesting. He just stands there when he stuns Baras with the latter's own Lightning, though, lol.

The top option is shown in 3:08 of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKkSUmnM0fg

It doesn't sound strained at all. It's just a "Forget the bravado, Baras. No one's buying it." And it sounds like he's not overly pressed by the Lightning or anything.

Nephthys
Maybe yeah. But I could see it being both, if he could get visions why not some power too?

Yeah, ironically its the choice with the best feat but also the one where the Wrath acknowledges struggling and sounds the most out of breath.

Well I thought I detected a bit of a sharp breath between words but I'm not gonna push that. I still stand by what I said though that Baras put up a great fight but was overcome.

SunRazer
Receiving Visions seems to be more of him just forcing the Entity to tell him what she sees.

Eh. It is the only dark sided option, though that doesn't necessarily mean it was the chosen path.

It honestly sounded almost effortless to me, but clearly different paths have different results. Regardless, Baras is ultimately exhausted to a complete and utter degree - he literally fails to even charge up Force Lightning. It's a wonder he could even stand after that, lol. Then again, it's a wonder that gravy didn't spill out when the Warrior stabbed him.

WildBantha88
Lol Satele stomps

NewGuy01
The visions were all he appeared to gain from the Entity, yeah. Thanks for the info concerning Sel Makor; there's a codex entry saying that Baras giving the Emperor to Sel Makor was the fulfillment of a decades-old deal, so it's pretty much unquestionable that they're talking about the same thing.

Was Satele's clash with Baras more than "decades" before SWTOR, though? Just how old were they?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'll go with Baras, tbh.

Nephthys
Also the implication that Baras was greater than Fulmanis decade's ago and before he received Sel Makor's boon, really does indicate how powerful Baras was imo. Fulmanis was an exceptional sorcerer.

WildBantha88
Lol Satele stomps

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys

Yeah, ironically its the choice with the best feat but also the one where the Wrath acknowledges struggling and sounds the most out of breath.

How is that ironic? He's not just absorbing lightning, he's also sending it back, which obviously takes more energy.

Nephthys
It's ironic that it simultaneously makes him look better and worse at the same time.

Kosmos Supreme
It could go either way.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
It's ironic that it simultaneously makes him look better and worse at the same time.
Except it doesn't? Baras specifically says he's going to stop for the Wrath to catch their breath, which looks a lot worse than being tired.

SunRazer
You don't believe that, do you? Baras was using Dun Moch - if the Warrior was on the verge of defeat and needed to catch his breath, then Baras, like any Sith, would do everything he could to overpower the Warrior, not hold off on the assault to give his opponent a fighting chance.

carthage
Probably Satele

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.