Battle of the final bosses in SWTOR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
So the final bosses of the Force-sensitive protagonists are Darth Baras, Darth Thanaton, the First Son (with Syo Bakarn resisting) and the weakened Emperor's Voice.

If they all met in the caverns of Corellia and duked it out, who would win?

Nephthys
Probably the Emperor, even as weakened as he was. He was still collapsing the Dark Temple and shit.

Thanaton is clearly the weakest and then it's probably the First Son > Baras by a sliver. Maybe.

SunRazer
First Son is comfortably more powerful than Baras to me, but with Syo wrestling him for control I can see your point. Though Syo won't be healing any of his adversaries, this time.

Thanaton's pretty powerful but I've always depicted the weakened Voice as being more powerful. The only one who could properly hold a candle would be the First Son, but with Syo wrestling him mentally, I think Vitiate's Voice could pull it off.

Though this is a free-for-all, so it's hard to tell who would fight who, exactly. I'd expect Vitiate to attack Baras in revenge, whilst the First Son is probably still loyal to Vitiate and would likely fight Thanaton.

Kosmos Supreme
1. The Emperor (Voice)
2. First Son
3. Darth Baras
4. Darth Thanaton

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
1. The Emperor (Voice)
2. First Son
3. Darth Baras
4. Darth Thanaton

Pretty much this.

Tondemonai
Voice probably takes this. I'm curious as to why everyone is saying Thanaton is at the bottom of this. I've always viewed him as stronger (in terms of Baras in final fight and Thanaton final fight). He did say this was final boss fights, IMO Thanaton in his final fight before death > Baras in his final battle before death. Then it's probably First Son under Thanaton for reasons of Syo fighting back mentally.

FreshestSlice
Because Thanaton lost to Nox, badly, in Act II where as Baras made the Wrath struggle as far as Act III.

Nephthys
Thanaton didn't really lose to Nox in Act II, Nox started spazzing out uncontrollably and both of them got shat on by her inability to control her power.

But you're on point that Thanaton got absolutely dominated by Nox with her literally backhanding his attacks while Baras gave a good fight.

DarthAnt66
The Voice is the weakest of them all, definitely. For the other three, it depends.

Nephthys
Are we still calling it the Voice?

DarthAnt66
Well, it's not his true body, just his most commonly used one, so yeah - the Voice.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Thanaton didn't really lose to Nox in Act II, Nox started spazzing out uncontrollably and both of them got shat on by her inability to control her power.

That's not what the journal says, and apparently that matters. Act II Nox>Thanaton confirmed.

DarthAnt66
Care to share what the journal says?

FreshestSlice
I don't have TOR installed right now, but I believe it says something along the lines of you faced Thanaton and defeated him, but now your body is disintegrating.

Nephthys
You have scoured the galaxy and bound enough spirits to challenge Darth Thanaton.

You found Thanaton in his meditation chamber on Dromond Kaas and confronted him. Speak to the defeated Darth Thanaton.

Seems like a mistake? Nox doesn't engage Thanaton at all. Unless its like he's defeated because his apprentice died or something non-literal.

Kosmos Supreme
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Voice is the weakest of them all, definitely. For the other three, it depends.

Scourge stated that the even the Voice was beyond him. and Scourge is the Emperro's Wrath which puts him above the Dark Council.

Seriously dude....seriously

DarthAnt66
The Voice was disgustingly weakened. Considering the Hero isn't even remotely near Revan, the Voice should be below Darth Maul level. erm

Kosmos Supreme
Oh and i suppose The Wrath, Barsen'thor, and Nox did much better against Revan?

Nephthys
Don't pay him any attention. Whenever someone challenges Revan's place and he disagree's, Ant always overreacts and starts calling them fodder. He's just immature and petty.

DarthAnt66
Since when has the Hero challenged Revan in anything? messed

Maybe in your mind... or Zannah's thousand alternate futures. wink

FreshestSlice
You have scoured the galaxy and bound enough spirits to challenge Darth Thanaton.

You found Thanaton in his meditation chamber on Dromond Kaas and confronted him. Speak to the defeated Darth Thanaton.

Seems like a mistake? Nox doesn't engage Thanaton at all. Unless its like he's defeated because his apprentice died or something non-literal.
Nah, that many mistakes don't happen at once especially not AFTER said mission. Nox is just bamf, and we should all accept that.

Nephthys
You mean... one mistake? And it isn't afterwards, its during. After you kill his apprentice it says that. At this point Nox literally hasn't even looked at Thanaton that hard, let alone defeated him. It's just a goofy bit of inaccurate text.

FreshestSlice
You mean... one mistake? And it isn't afterwards, its during. After you kill his apprentice it says that. At this point Nox literally hasn't even looked at Thanaton that hard, let alone defeated him. It's just a goofy bit of inaccurate text.
After you finish that mission, the next journal says you defeated Thanaton himself. Which is what I just said. It also talks about him running away, iirc. It's been awhile since I played TOR. Not that it matters. Nox defeated Thanaton. Whether they were in complete control of themselves is so irrelevant.

EDIT: Then again, it posts the same thing, or something similar after Corellia. Point is, Thanaton lost several times, so he's less impressive.

Sinious
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
1. The Emperor (Voice)
2. First Son
3. Darth Baras
4. Darth Thanaton

SunRazer
Actually, considering the potency of the nexus that the Emperor was on, I'm not sold on him being the most powerful, anymore.

Kosmos Supreme
Well Scourge could probably draw upon the nexus to yet he admitted he couldn't beat the Emperor even in that state. Scourge > Dark Council which includes Baras and Thanaton

SunRazer
Where's that stated, lol?

Kosmos Supreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y_LAuiZboA
skip to 1:00

SunRazer
The Dark Council fears him? I'm aware of that, but it doesn't mean he's above the Council collectively.

I mean, the Emperor fears the ancient Sith spirits but he's canonically more powerful. He doesn't have too much of a reason to fear them unless he gets challenged to a blade duel.

Kosmos Supreme
The Emperor's Wrath purpose is to be stronger than them. that way he can kill any sith that displeases him which includes Dark Council members
and of course i mean individually not collectively

ares834
Scourge isn't the 2nd most powerful Sith in the Empire. Lol

Kosmos Supreme
There are a few that you can argue that are stronger than him but in general he should best nearly all dark council members

SunRazer
That's mostly just hype. Marr could very well be better than him, lol.

And Nox obviously blows him out of the water, but she became a Dark Councillor long after Scourge left the Emperor's service.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.