Galen Marek's/Starkiller's lightsaber mastery

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
So... I was just wondering, where should we rank Galen Marek's lightsaber mastery. How good duelist is he?

Please provide an exemplary tier where he belongs to. For example: he is in the same tier as Fisto, Kolar etc.

Nargaroth
Top tier 7 at the very least imho.

AncientPower
He is stated to have been 'trained to near perfection.' in lightsaver combat by Darth Vader personally and he proves it when he successfully deflects and blocks Vader's all-out offensive early in the novel.

SunRazer
Galen claims later on in the novel that Vader held back during their early sessions, so it wasn't all-out. Galen had speed, knowledge of Vader's form, and Force abuse to aid him in defeating Vader.

In raw skill, Galen is hardly very impressive. He has some hype from the databank but it's not reliable if you look at his track record.

Nephthys
Vader had better knowledge of his form than vice versa tbh

SunRazer
That was never stated in the novel, and it's pretty illogical that it wasn't, but there was seemingly a big deal out of Galen knowing Vader's form.

Jmanghan
Funny, cause in the game, Marek, almost killed him, and while there are doubts for Sidious, you can't say Marek didn't almost kill him, he sabered his helmet off and force-pushed him through a window.

Selenial
Originally posted by AncientPower
lightsaver

Made me cringe so hard.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Funny, cause in the game, Marek, almost killed him, and while there are doubts for Sidious, you can't say Marek didn't almost kill him, he sabered his helmet off and force-pushed him through a window.

Well according to Sam Witwer, the plans for TFU3 were for Vader to show his true power and completely batter Starkiller.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
That was never stated in the novel, and it's pretty illogical that it wasn't, but there was seemingly a big deal out of Galen knowing Vader's form.

I don't see why it would need to be stated, Vader literally taught Galen to duel. Obviously he knows his techniques and style inside and out. Meanwhile, Vader held his own skills and true ability back from Marek.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well according to Sam Witwer, the plans for TFU3 were for Vader to show his true power and completely batter Starkiller.

Quote? I'm genuinely interested.

Zenwolf

So I take it in TFU 3 you play as Vader? Would have liked that.

NTJack0
Well according to Sam Witwer, the plans for TFU3 were for Vader to show his true power and completely batter Starkiller. That would've been magical.

carthage
Probably low or mid tier 7, he's better than Darth Zannah, Kao Cen Darach, and maybe Adi Gallia- but probably beneath Kyle Katarn, Aryn Leneer, Sora Bulq, and definitely not tier 8 material

ares834
I'd put him well above all of those TBH. At the end of the game he can out duel Vader.

carthage
Is the fight depicted in the novel differently than the game?

ares834
Yep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.