Qui Gon Jinn vs. Darth Angral

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

Emperordmb
Qui-Gon Jinn wins.

Hero of Python
I don't know...HoT was already on the level of some Jedi Masters while on the starting planet, and Angral was tough for him even after he gained some experience. Qui Gon is somewhere between the crap-tier Jedi Masters and the average Jedi Council members.

This is a very close match, though I am leaning towards Angral as he could have been a Dark Council member, and I have all of them ranking generally higher than your average Jedi Council member.

Jmanghan
Jinn is above Koon, or Mundi.

Trocity
Jinn isn't crap tier, he's mid council level.

He's right around Mundi yeah, below guys like Plo and Agen.

Sinious
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Jinn is above Koon

No.

Jmanghan
An older Qui-Gon was able to hold off Maul, and even went on the offensive a few times.

SunRazer
Jedi Council isn't a tier. Its members get their ranks for something other than power.

Trocity
Yes, we know that. Low/mid/high council level is just a ranking system some users here use for a vague outline on how good certain Jedi are compared to others.

SunRazer
Right, but how can you define "mid-high" council level?

And what on earth is "crap-tier"?

Stigma
Originally posted by SunRazer

Dunno about the first one, but I'd venture a guess that "crap-tier' is when you think to yourself "oh, crap" whenever a certain kind of combatant is placed in a versus match, someone like Bane or Vitiate for instance.

SunRazer
I'd assume crap-tier meant Kas'im or Vitiate.

Stigma
I'd assume crap-tier meant Kas'im or Vitiate.
thumb up

Trocity

Yeah there really is no set structure or criteria to it, they're just titles to rank the Jedi, particularly from the PT. Guys like Mace and Anakin are high council, Plo and Kenobi are mid to high, Mundi and Jinn are mid, someone like Luminara is low council.

All just my opinions, it's not really thought out in any great depth.

Hero of Python

You know, all those Jedi Masters who serve as fodder to main characters. Like the guys Malak drains power from. Or Coleman Trebor. Or any of the weaklings in awe of HoT's power when he was like level 10.

Q99

Well, since I'm one of the ones who uses 'council tier' a lot, I'll say the High ones are the ones at the top of the councils (but who don't blow away the rankings like Anakin) such as Plo Koon.

The mid ones are those famous for fighting, but aren't the best. Like Mundi, Tiin, and such.

And then someone around the boundary of those would be mid-high, I guess.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Angral. He defeated powerful Jedi Master Orgus Din and disarmed Darth Baras.

SunRazer
I'm pretty sure that was Baras giving up the duel, though. In the other one, he hurls Angral into a wall with Lightning or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.