stuff I've written!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lara
Well, as you lot know, when I get busy with a pen/pencil in my hand its hard to tell what will emerge on the paper. yet again the ink has been flowing and theres quite alot to read here so I warn you in advance be prepared and get those glasses out!

just for you viewing pleasure: you might find some of my workings slightly morbid!

so without further ado, I'll begin:

Untitled

My soul destroyed,
tattered on the floor.
The door frame shattered and splintered where you slammed it shut.
A new cut with salt rubbed in,
there's nothing but the pain and the sting.
A hornets nest well disturbed,
angry and restless, seeking revenge.
I want closure, I want an end.
It doesnt matter how I look at it,
the truth remains the same!
Your a nasty piece of work and your driving me insane!
You dodge my questions and certain topics of conversation,
but the answers I know, all the same!
Your stupid games and little tricks,
is this how you like to get your kicks?
Your a sad little child with no-one who cares,
because you drove them away over the years,
Drove them away and drove them to tears.

Your Form Of Torture

Take me away from myself.
Remove my mentality.
Remove my soul.
Take me some where else,
so that I can be consoled.
These tears I cry alone in my room.
The desire's gone.
The fire's out.
I really havent got the energy to scream and shout.
What isnt on show, no-one can know.
I dont think I've ever felt this low!
You just add insult to injury.
at night I dream, but not of you.
Instead the emotional death of me.
Emotional insecurity.
Mental instability.
It seems your out to destroy me,
Everything you come into contact with!
what you want,
I havent got!
What you need,
I havent got!
I havent alot,
but what I have you want to strip me of!
And your doing all of this because....?

Merciless Destruction

Today we had an argument and the rest.
You spread your destruction in every direction.
I never knew you could disturb me in the ways that you have.
I cant sleep at night,
I know you'll be waiting for me inside my head.
Going to rest is the unsightly bed of dread.
Yours is the voice that never goes away.
Yours is the voice thats says " I never wanted to stay!"
From this nightmare I cannot be free.
The fearful omnipresence that awaits me.
Why cant you just let me be?
Insanity ripples through me at intervals.
Sometimes I wish that my mind, my heart, my lungs would stall!
They never falter.
As your venom spread,
the bitterness erupts from your head.
Leave never to return,
Will you ever learn?
Leave me Be!
I never long to see,
What damage you've inflicted on me,
Dissolve what you've reaped,
I know that you've creep-ed.
Take your merciless destruction away from me.

Unrest!

Beneath my crazed exterior
there's a weeping willow tree.
The roots reach down inside of me,
right into my core.
the eternal numbness,
of emotional unrest.
I look a bit deeper,
and find a scorpions nest.
what I felt for you,
what I thought was real,
after anaylisation,
I found was an illusion.
I imagine my weeping willow tree,
the roots desperately searching,
But what I find I really need,
is all I really want,
and that is to really know myself!

Ushgarak
Gosh, I love something happy to read first thing after I get up...

It's powerful stuff, Lara. You are certainly tapping directly into your angst there. You haven;t hacked anyone to death lately, have you?

yerssot
well done!
you haven't forgot how to smile, I hope wink

Lara
no, although I have lost my humor!
I guess this is all too morbid for others to read?

Corran
Well a little, down. I almost went to listen to some Smiths tracks.

yerssot
is there a way to give you your humor back?

GordonSkywalker
From a creative standpoint your words are very original and thought provoking but most people probably would fail to appreciate it. I for one happen to understand and appreciate your words.

Lara
*bows head* I thank you.

yerss, in my present state I dont think it is retrieveable.

yerssot
are you tickylish? wink

Lara
*gravely shakes head*

yerssot
then I'm clueless...
what about some of my pills?

Lara
*sings* I can stop the pain if I will it all away! If I will it all away!

some thing I doubt very much! the pain never goes away!

yerssot
*offers hug*
give it time and it will!

Lara
*shakes head* no it wont, I've been carrying it for far too long! *hugs yerss tight*

yerssot
*holds lara*
perhaps starting boxing would be a good idea?

Lara
I havent the energy at the moment!

yerssot
I didn't mean you should do it now,
tomorrow or another day when you're relaxed and all powered up

Lara
that wont be for a while.

yerssot
should I light some candles to make you relax easier?

Ushgarak
I know, Lara! I shall continually poke you!

Trust me, this will work...

Lara
*grumbles, hidding behind yerss*

Ushgarak
(gets out poking stick)

yerssot
lot of me to hide behind

Ushgarak
(puts u-bend on poking stick)

Lara
*runs away*

yerssot
hey! I don't smell THAT bad!

Ushgarak
(puts infinite extender on poking stick)

(calls after Lara)

This is for your own good!

Lara
*about turn and charges at mike knocking him to the floor*
well, that was a soft landing!

yerss, no one said you smelt, hun!

yerssot
*checks*
hmmm, should take shower today, yesterday was apperently dry water

Lara
too much info there!

yerssot
nevermind that last post smile

Ushgarak
Woo-hoo, my plan worked!

Wind Lara up until she hits you- it always perks her up!

Augeybana
Here a poem to a girl I like that made me write this poem since I'm in the mode of writing please be gental it'short and not too good but here we go alright:

I'm not strong
To fight for you

I'm not rich
To give you everything

I'm not Handsome
To look pretty for you

I'm not cool
To impress your Friends

I'm not funny
To make your smile go wide

I don't have a cool car
To drive you nowhere

I'm not Tall
To look down at your beatiful eyes

But I'll give you something
I'll give you my Heart

For that's is all I have to offer.

yerssot
I really like itsmile

Augeybana
Thanks that means alot to me.

yerssot
not a problemsmile

if you have more to share, go ahead smile

Augeybana
Here's another short short one:

I would Love to Hold you
But your to fragile to touch

I would Love to be with
But I'm destined to be alone

I would love to give you everything
But I have nothing to offer

I would love to Stare at you
But I don't deserve to look at your beauty

I would love to speck to you
But I have nothing to say

I would love to give you this poem
But maybe one day Faith won't allow it

GordonSkywalker
Sensitive side you got augey. Very beautiful and extremely well-written, both of them! Any girl in her right mind would go for something like that!

Augeybana
Thank you GS that also means alot to me.Anybody else out there with any interesting poems.

GordonSkywalker
I used to write poems and songs and stuff when I was in a band but haven't written steadily for some years now. Should I post some of my lyrics?

Augeybana
Hell yeah I would love to see your Lyrics.Can't be as bad as my poems.So rock on Captain.

GordonSkywalker
On a night like this I dream of your kiss It is you I miss on a night like this You broke my heart and tore it apart Took my life and became my wife on a night like this Two can play at that game I fell for you and gave you my name on a night like this Dreams and nightmares none of it was real Such was my devotion Such was my life You could never be my wife it was all a lie Just a dream on a night like this On a night like this I dreamed of your kiss It is you I miss on a night like this

GordonSkywalker
{Sorry I couldn't manipulate the controls to make it looks like Lara's or yours Augey!}

Augeybana
You go boy.That was awesome I have also poems that sprck of rage.But ours was awesome got a title.

GordonSkywalker
"On a Night Like This" and it was written by me and arranged by two guys I used to be in a band with several years back now.

Augeybana
Cool if you don't mind me asking what your bands name.

GordonSkywalker
Billy and the Regulators. {Believe it or not!} Though sometimes it was just The Regulators. cool

Augeybana
Very cool bro.Anyone else with some writing skills.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah! Anyone else want to be put on the spot with this cool thread? big grin

Augeybana
Here's another one I found in my notebook full of stuff I haven't seen for awhile:

I live but not knowing I here

Have nothing therefore I have nothing to fear

Lost everything but had nothing before

I Love everything but I don't know what Love is

I have a hiiden talent but don't know what it is

I have a destination but don't know what path to take

I have Goals which I don't want to break

I have friends but I still sit alone

I have a chance to go out but I still stay at my home

I have many jokes but I keep them to myself

I have many feelings but never really felt

This is who I am what more can I Say.

GordonSkywalker
Deep bro, Very deep. You got a natural talent .

Augeybana
Nah.Just some of my feelings.Your lyrics are true talent bro.

GordonSkywalker
Nah now Lara has REAL talent that can blow us all away! I suppose we will have to wait for more people to come online before we get any huge response to our combined genius augey!

Augeybana
Yeah that true bro.

Ushgarak
Now see... I hate to say it but you are on the wrong planet if you think girls, right mind or otherwise, are going to go for 'that sort of thing'. Some girls, in a certain state of mind, will, but not in general. I am not trying to criticise, but real life just isn't like that.

I don;t actually know ANY women who would think of that sort of thing as anything more than cute, before moving onto something else they find sexy, and I know several who would just find it very annoying.

GordonSkywalker
Find what annoying Ush? What are you talking about exactly?

Ushgarak
High levels of romanticism and sentimentality in poetry. Or indeed in general.

GordonSkywalker
In this case I am afraid you are wrong Ush. Do try to be more supportive of fellow posters efforts. We don't want to alienate anyone here do we?

Ushgarak
Nope, not wrong. Find out the hard way if you have to- you will.

And don't think for a moment it will 'work' better on girls than being able to make them laugh. That sort of down to Earth thing is far more relevant in a relationship.

It doesn't matter a damn how wonderful it is. That sort of thing does not a relationship make.

GordonSkywalker
From your point of view no I imagine it does not. And I have gone through far more relationships than you might think. Each time I have gained valuable experience into these things and have learned from my mistakes.

Ushgarak
Never mind points of view. It is a mistake to suggest that 'any girl' in her right mind', as you said, will go for that sort of thing. That is simply not a statement concurrent with the real world. Many girls in their right mind will loathe it.

I very much hope his girl liked it but there has always been a certain lie floating around in the world that to express your feelings in such a way is a superior form of showing your romantic side. It is not; it is a form of expression like any other and a smile, a touch at the right moment or even a 'buzz' is worth a lot more.

And I am afraid it is true about the laughter. Endless polls have shown that finding a partner who can make you laugh is one of the most sought-after things in a relationship.

Now if things went the way I wanted or imagined I would be oozing and dripping romantic sentimentality from every pore when with a girl. But I do not because I had to very quickly learn how appallingly counter-productive that is.

GordonSkywalker
I never said anything about laughter Ush. Laughter is a top priority when a man is with his girl as you have already expressed. I too have practical experience in this realm and some girls do like romantic gestures such as this. Besides do any of us gentlemen really and truly know the heart and mind of a girl? I think not.

Ushgarak
What has that got to do with it? Time and experience shows certain things to be true and others not to be. The poem itself, btw, made mention of making the girl laugh. The implication being that if you love the girl it does not matter. BOY, wouldn't the world be easy if loving someone was all it took for things to work! But that is one of the biggest myths of all.

If you KNOW your girl likes that sort of thing then by all means churn it out but in general it can be problematic.

I like to write. Hence I like to write things for the girls I interact with. I once imagined that heartwarming, affectionate stuff revealing my true feelings would be what my partner would want. What did I find out? Invariaby, they wanted something that exicted them. Something that interested them. Even something that aroused them.

But if I ever tried anything romantic I was immediately slapped back with accusations of being corny and trying to swamp in slush. It was not that they did not like the writing, they did not like the idea behind it. The more I concentrated on the other things, the better I did. And the more I talk to and learn about girls and find the same opinions the more the truth and harsh reality of the real world strikes home. Life is not a fairy tale and the days when emotional lyrics won the hearts of girls- if there ever was such a time- have long since gone and if it works today it is the exception, not the rule.

Lara's rather nihilisitc stuff is somewhat different- a whole generation relates directly with such stuff. I can't produce that sort of thing to save my life, but then I am no poet.

And one of the main things is that 'romance' as many people see it is the symptomn of the START of a relationship, which is very different from the elongated parts later on. And this is where the interest of directly romantic gestures will start to fail.

Augeybana
Just for your info Ush I wasn't hinting I'm a romantic guy in no means I'm romantic and my poems speck for them selves on that it's just a poem that is from me.You people are the first to read my poems because I'm not that person to show off my work.

Ushgarak
Oh, and as a poem I very much appreciate its power and feeling, augeybana. No criticism there. It does indeed speak for itself.

Augeybana
Thanks Ush.

Ushgarak
No problem. And as a form of communication it was flawless- no-one can be left in any doubt of how you feel after reading that.

Augeybana
Thanks man that really nice of you to say that.Hey bro you have nothing to share dude I know you got some sort of writing poem or lyrics.

GordonSkywalker
I now better understand both of you guys and am honored to be friends to you both. No hard feelings Ush. I was debating your words not you personally.

Ushgarak
No problem at all.

Sadly when it comes to this sort of thread, as I mentioned before I am a real duffer when it comes to poetry. Or song lyrics, for that matter. If you want to see my more creative side feel free to check out the RP areas.

Augeybana
Well I'll check it out most diffentaly but thanks for your guys opinions that really thoughtful on GS and Ush thanks.

GordonSkywalker
Anytime brother.

Augeybana
For that matter where's Lara to lighten us with another Poem that would be awesome or any others with any writings.

Ushgarak
She is asleep if she has any sense, unlike me. It is 2:30 am and she has classes to go to.

Augeybana
Really here it's 9:40pm no wonder.

Ushgarak
That's the wonder of a transatlantic board for you.

GordonSkywalker
{Yes they are like five hours ahead of us here in the States. I found this out just the other day}

Augeybana
Yeah here sometimes it be 11:00 and no one on.But still awesome.

GordonSkywalker
{Only Time Lords like me understand these things.}

Augeybana
So this thread won't close here's a very short one:

Will you sit with me
When I'm Alone

Will You wipe away my tears
When I Fail

Will you look at me
When everyone else depise me

Will you sing to me
When I'm sad

Will you Forgive me
When I let you down

Will you fight for me
When I'm Beaten and bleeding

Will you Kiss me
When I'm down and Out

Please will you do that for me.

GordonSkywalker
We still on? We shall have to hope more posters add their thoughts in the morning! I don't think the two of us can carry this thread forever. big grin

Augeybana
Very much true GS.

GordonSkywalker
Yes what we need is...fresh meat!

Augeybana
Yeah a new poster would enlighten this thread.

Allor_Vader
Um...what do you two mean?

GordonSkywalker
We are looking for someone new to post his or her poetry/song lyrics for this thread so we can keep it up and running. We are on the verge of running out of new ideas ourselves.

Allor_Vader
Eyes of blue
Hair of brown
Princess of Sith
Destiny bound
Loves to hate
Hates to love
Fear of all
Fears for all
And yet she's torn
To be complete and feel right
She must make the choice
Dark or light
(((Okay I suck, If ya throw fruit make sure it's edible)))

Augeybana
Well I'll be out bro's hope this won't get deleted.

Allor_Vader
Anyways I think I'm a dark writer.

finti
watching a bird
as a rainbow cracks the sky
a sun filled horizon
deceiving the eye
dazzling rain
as the wind
whispers my name
and the bird
starts to fly

Lara

Augeybana
*bows to Lara*

Great stuff Lara really great stuff.

Lara
*nods in acknowledgement* thankyou
I like what you've written, I can see what point you were trying to make when you wrote it.

Augeybana
Thanks that means alot,very short though.But I'm glad you made this thread like I said before you guys are the first to read my stuff.

Lara
same here, this was the first place I posted any of my creative workings and I still continue to do so. you will get nothing but support here.

Augeybana
Yeah this place have many respectful people here so I can write freely like you Lara,and GS and Ush been very cool people.

emily
*cuddles lara really really tight*
sis is all this hurt because of me i feel terible now i have read your beautiful poems
*holds head in hands and crys*

GordonSkywalker
Hey did anyone besides Augey even read my contribution to this thread?

emily
I did id was fantastic but my sisters were even better i fell I have causedall he hurt is it all my fault the first poem sounds like wha used to go on at home i feel terrible

GordonSkywalker
Mine is amateurish compared to the ones written by Aug and Lara.

emily
yes i supose so is all the hurt my sister is feeling all my faut as that is how i feel

GordonSkywalker
{Perhaps you should talk privately with her. Tell her how you feel.}

Lara
yes I read your lyrics Gordon. Not bad but.......

(this stands for anyone who wants to or is writting creatively)
practise make the words come to you easier and then you can intergrate more complex words and inlay hidden messages.
but yo have to write on a REGULAR basis.

GordonSkywalker
The meaning of my words is abundantly clear and don't presume to give me advice on how to write as I have been doing it for a very long time.

finti
could have fooled us big grin

GordonSkywalker
So how long have you been writing-Lara? finti?

finti
i havent been writing at all, not until today and then it was a minutes brainstorming

GordonSkywalker
Yes I sometimes have to search for good inspiration. Not everything comes to me at once. I think my lyrics were good especially seeing as I wrote them from memory. The actual full song was written and last played in 1997! big grin

Augeybana
Yeah I been taking a creative writing class and it's been helping me write better.

GordonSkywalker
I was once accepted into a writing school after my high school graduation but turned it down. I have been writing my entire life. I began writing short fiction in 3rd grade and wrote continually throughout school. I co-formed my first band and wrote lots of stuff for that. That is how I got into the music scene.

Augeybana
Very interesting GS I took writing classes to help my writing so I can one day write my own movie.

GordonSkywalker
Ah so you are going to become a big time playwright and director like the greats we talk about on here? I hope you don't forget the little people(like me) who helped you rise to the top Aug?

GordonSkywalker
I would love to be able to do something cool like that.

Augeybana
how can I forget you GS.Yeah gonna take a few courses on film at a college near me then head to either New York Film Academy or Full Sail which are film schools.That my dream.

GordonSkywalker
Sounds like an inspiring dream. Sure you will make it. cool Always follow your dreams that's what I say. smile

Augeybana
Thanks bro.

GordonSkywalker
Now my dreams of course involve conquest and mighty steel fortresses but that is another story!

Augeybana
LOL.yeah I bet that's another whole story GS.

GordonSkywalker
Heh-Heh-Heh.

Augeybana
You got a very interesting mind there GS pretty scary.Hope it's not to late for anyone to share some poems or Lyrics.

Captain REX
I hate writing poems, but I can stand reading them.

Good stuff peeps.

Augeybana
Thanks

Captain REX
Your welcome. smile

At first I thought this was going to be a "Stories I've written" thread, but it's poems and songs.

Why doesn't anyone write stories!?

*goes insane*

Oh wait...Lauren writes stories...

*smiles and realizes something*

But she's not here...

*goes even more insane than the first time*

Ushgarak
Hey, *I* write stories Rex! Remember?

Lara
Gordon, I have been writing for nearly 8 years. I didnt mean to patronise you, I was just offering some tips! not just for you, but for every one here.
no offence was intended.

Augeybana
I write stories too but there to long to type and some of my stories or not complete.

Lara
I tried story writing and it went really wrong so I stick with what I know.

GordonSkywalker
Let us say I have been writing far longer than you Lara and have more practical experience in writing.

Augeybana
Yeah I tried writing song lyrics but it went terriblely wrong and so I converted it into a poem.Story writing hard because when your on page 12 and you decide to go back and change something on page 4 veerything after has to be changed to fit it.But I normally do poems.

Lara
can we stop the "I'm better than you" crap, cause thats not what I intended. I'm just good with words and getting them down on paper thats all, and I'm sure some of your stuff is better than mine. so, peace? *offers hand*

Ushgarak
Aww, it was just getting interesting...

Augeybana
Well were all good at something guys some better then otherrs.

Augeybana
But when it comes to poems even if someone else doesn't think it's right or it makes no sense to someone else all that matters is that the person writing it understands for that should be he's only concern.

Lara
idd! some excell where others flounder.

GordonSkywalker
Amen.

Augeybana
I'm trying to find another poem so everyone relaxes even though my poems aren't relaxing anyone of you got anything also to share.

Augeybana
Hey guys got anything else to share I'll try to look for a poem in my computer or think of one wrtie now.

GordonSkywalker
No I ain't offended Lara.

Lara
ok, quick on the spot creation:

Realisation Dawning

the morning sunlight drenches my skin
for one second I forget about my kin.
I wipe my eyes,
then realise that it was all a dream.
the taps running!
some ones awake.
the space next to me is empty,
like it always has been.
the questions remain,
who will take away my pain?
who will fill the emptiness I feel?

GordonSkywalker
Very nice Lara. I would post some more of my own but somehow I don't think I can take any more criticism at the moment.

finti
doesnt mean a thing some people just have the skill for it and some try and try and try and just suck at it.

Lara
critizism is a good thing, you can gain feed back from others which you may not have picked up on and then that way make inprovements, I very rearly write some thing without changing something about it, whether it be the grammar or re-writting the whole thing again and re-wording it. I see critizism as a useful thing. it all depends on how you look at it.

GordonSkywalker
Constructive criticism can be beneficial yes I agree. The point I am making is I have been writing since I was a child and have had teachers and others take notice of me due to my abilities.I was even asked to enroll in a special school but turned it down because I wanted to pursue my music.

finti
all criticism can be beneficial

Lara
I've had the same acknowledgement from the education system, but the thought I was weird and got put in special needs.
music is a good thing and again back to the lyrics, every person has a different interpretation of lyrics all depends on the person.

GordonSkywalker
Finti is wrong about all criticism being beneficial. It is not. I was taught that lesson in 6th grade.

Lara
! I'm sorry.

GordonSkywalker
No need for that as I learned a great deal.

finti
I am not wrong all criticism is good for you can only grow on it, if you listen to the critics and try to please them you are a weak minded fool. If you stand by what you write then sod off to the critics it aint them you write for

Lara
*dances and chants* go finti, go finti, go finti!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>