Film Dooku vs. Film Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark
Film feats only

Who takes this?

Feats: Anything in the films or screenplays only please.

Sinious
Does the Vader = %80 of Sidious quote count?

If not, Dooku wins.

McP
Dooku comfortable.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Sinious
Does the Vader = %80 of Sidious quote count?

If not, Dooku wins.

Nope no quotes just your analysis of the script/ movies

ares834
Wrong forum. Put this in the movie vs.

NTJack0
Dooku, obviously. Vader was too slow in the films.

SunRazer
Vader's potential was 80% of Sidious, not his current power level. It's to illustrate his loss of potential after Mustafar.

McP
^
Exactly

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by SunRazer
Vader's potential was 80% of Sidious, not his current power level. It's to illustrate his loss of potential after Mustafar.
The quote says he made it to 80% Sidious, not that it was his top potential. Force potential is based on midichlorian count per cell, otherwise Yoda wouldn't have been the most powerful Jedi of his time.

Fated Xtasy
I'd say Dooku. Given that the movie fight with Yoda now has nothing saying Yoda's holding back, I'd say Dooku has a bigger advantage, just me though.

Lord Stark
^Yuuupp

Originally posted by ares834
Wrong forum. Put this in the movie vs.

Nope. This is the Star Wars Versus Forum its staying here.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Film feats only

Who takes this?

Feats: Anything in the films or screenplays only please.

Lol good one. Just seen this now.

Dooku wins.

ares834
Nope. This is the Star Wars Versus Forum its staying here.

Nope. This is part of the EU forum where EU is allowed. I'm not going to ask it to move or anything, but it is technically in the wrong place...

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I'd say Dooku. Given that the movie fight with Yoda now has nothing saying Yoda's holding back, I'd say Dooku has a bigger advantage, just me though.

Yoda was obviously holding back considering how he wasn't using the force offensively and rather just deflecting Dooku's attacks. And when they dueled Dooku got his ass kicked and ran.

Not sure who wins though. Looking only at the films it's too hard to tell.

Trocity
I'd go with Dooku in a good fight, OT Film Vader is a little underrated. He may look clunky and slow but when you really watch some of the exchanges that he has with Luke, he actually has impressive moments of quickness.

He can definitely compete with PT movie characters.

Lord Stark
Nope. This is part of the EU forum where EU is allowed. I'm not going to ask it to move or anything, but it is technically in the wrong place...

The EU doesn't exist anymore pal. So if we use your silly definition no one should post in this forum ever.

I suppose looking at the OT through rose colored glasses plastered with Vader's semen it is difficult to see who wins. Here's a towel, clean it off and you'll see Dooku wins.

DARTH POWER

Yoda was obviously holding back considering how he wasn't using the force offensively and rather just deflecting Dooku's attacks.

Or he was just analyzing Dooku's abilities at that point- "Powerful you have become Dooku.. Hmm The Dark Side I sense in you."

Yoda seemed pretty offensive in the Saber duel though.

And when they dueled Dooku got his ass kicked and ran.

I don't remember him getting his ass kicked.

He ran, but then so did Yoda from Sidious. Doesn't mean Yoda "got his ass kicked."

ares834
I suppose looking at the OT through rose colored glasses plastered with Vader's semen it is difficult to see who wins. Here's a towel, clean it off and you'll see Dooku wins.

laughing out loud

You're butthurt is hilarious.

|King Joker|
I am SICK of ares's DISGUSTING LACK OF RESPECT and CONSTANT INSULTS.

Dooku wins.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Or he was just analyzing Dooku's abilities at that point- "Powerful you have become Dooku.. Hmm The Dark Side I sense in you."

Yoda seemed pretty offensive in the Saber duel though.

Right? I never understood how Authors deduced that Yoda was holding back when Dooku was the one on the defensive end.

ares834
Right? I never understood how Authors deduced that Yoda was holding back when Dooku was the one on the defensive end.

Huh? That Yoda is the offensive does not preclude tge possibility that he is holding back. It just shows that he outmatched Dooku and forces the Count on the defensive. Ultimately when you compare this duel to Yoda's with Sidious it seems very clear that Yoda was holding back.

Lord Stark
laughing out loud

You're butthurt is hilarious.

*Your spelling is hilarious. laughing

ares834
embarrasment

Zenwolf
Depending on where the battle is, Vader can use his application of combat TK to his advantage to gain the superior footing and deal with Dooku. Force Lighting I'm not sure would be much an issue, considering he would know that Dooku is capable of such things and can use his saber to block it, plus Vader isn't a headstrong Anakin here, he's more experienced and level headed.

Arhael
Ultimately when you compare this duel to Yoda's with Sidious it seems very clear that Yoda was holding back.
Ultimately it looks the same apart from a single Force push, a platform throw and having more hard time absorbing lightning.

ares834
So what you're saying is it's completely different with Yoda using the force offensively in one and not the other.

Agreed. thumb up

Fated Xtasy
Huh? That Yoda is the offensive does not preclude tge possibility that he is holding back. It just shows that he outmatched Dooku and forces the Count on the defensive. Ultimately when you compare this duel to Yoda's with Sidious it seems very clear that Yoda was holding back.

Yet Yoda obviously saw Dooku as a big enough threat to go in offensively. Not to mention that there's nothing saying or showing Yoda holding back. I, again, never saw anything in that fight that suggested Yoda was holding back.

I'm not saying Dooku's on par with Yoda, I'm Just saying that just going by how good he did against him Dooku has a pretty good edge over Vader. Again this going by movie feats. So nothing says Yoda this, Sheev that. It's pretty much why I'm siding with Dooku.

ares834
Yet Yoda obviously saw Dooku as a big enough threat to go in offensively. Not to mention that there's nothing saying or showing Yoda holding back. I, again, never saw anything in that fight that suggested Yoda was holding back.

Except we straight up see him holding back with his force powers, ergo he is holding back. That Yoda does go on the offensive does not contradict this in anyway.

DARTH POWER
Except we straight up see him holding back with his force powers, ergo he is holding back. That Yoda does go on the offensive does not contradict this in anyway.

Similarly Yoda defending himself at first does not contradict him going all out with his offence later.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.