Hulk & Gladiator vs Thor & Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
No bfr

http://m5.paperblog.com/i/118/1185275/the-pull-list-482015-L-iUzeQZ.jpeg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11117/111173617/4516769-gladiatorblack.jpg

Vs

http://24.media.tumblr.com/fa6afbe86c30b9edc314873ba6782a8c/tumblr_mrfarym9AJ1qbr00oo1_500.jpg

http://www.gamerscircle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Avengers_34.1_Cover_thumb.jpg

Insane Titan
Team 2 wins

carver9
I would give Hulk the edge against either of the two and I would give Thor and Hyperion the majority against Gladiator. I'm giving this to team 1...especially after looking at the squad the Avengers recently put together to fight Hulk alone. That speaks volumes imo.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
I would give Hulk the edge against either of the two and I would give Thor and Hyperion the majority against Gladiator. I'm giving this to team 1...especially after looking at the squad the Avengers recently put together to fight Hulk alone. That speaks volumes imo.

This team??

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/22952969_Hulk_2014-_015-019.jpg
Yeah, that's a nothing team. Thor is the only heavy hitter there. Stop jizzing.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This team??

Even though we've seen Ironman hang with top tiers and Vision in his own right being powerful, that team isn't solid? She Hulk isn't something tk be laughed at either.

DarkSaint85
Even though we've seen Ironman hang with top tiers and Vision in his own right being powerful, that team isn't solid? She Hulk isn't something tk be laughed at either.

Hulk has defeated Iron Man when he's wearing a suit specifically designed to fight him - and lost. This IM therefore would be a weaker version than in the Hulkbusters, no?

She-Hulk....the weaker version of Hulk? OK.

Vision? How did their last fight go?

So you've got a team of people who have all lost against Hulk...going up against Hulk. And you think its some kinda feat?

Hell, we can even use the tiering system we have here on KMC:

IM: Low Herald
She-Hulk: High Meta
Vision: High Meta
IW: High Meta.

Yeah, forgive me for not thinking it all that impressive. Sure, bring out all the high end feats of Vision/IM/She-Hulk you want. I'll bring out the high end feats of Hulk.

That team, with the exception of Thor, is a fodder team.

carver9
Hulk has defeated Iron Man when he's wearing a suit specifically designed to fight him - and lost. This IM therefore would be a weaker version than in the Hulkbusters, no?

She-Hulk....the weaker version of Hulk? OK.

Vision? How did their last fight go?

So you've got a team of people who have all lost against Hulk...going up against Hulk. And you think its some kinda feat?

Hell, we can even use the tiering system we have here on KMC:

IM: Low Herald
She-Hulk: High Meta
Vision: High Meta
IW: High Meta.

Yeah, forgive me for not thinking it all that impressive. Sure, bring out all the high end feats of Vision/IM/She-Hulk you want. I'll bring out the high end feats of Hulk.

That team, with the exception of Thor, is a fodder team.

Agreed on some occasion. I wouldnt call Ironman or Vision fodder based off their showings but your argument is solid. I see it as something different though. Don't think Ironman thinks a single Herald could hold Hulk off. Well, that's what I got from it. Sue is hellava impressive as well.

LordofBrooklyn
Hulk dies in horrific fashion!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Team 2 wins. Even if everything else was equal, the experience Hyperion and Thor have with fighting beside each other would give them the edge. The power of their bromance is too strong.

If Thor had Mjolnir, things would be more one sided imo.

carver9
Wait a minute. Thor doesn't have his hammer here? If not, team 1 stomps.

Delta1938

I didn't see "no hammer," just "no BFR." Did current Thor or Odinson or whatever he's going by get a hammer again? Heard he had.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Delta1938
I didn't see "no hammer," just "no BFR." Did current Thor or Odinson or whatever he's going by get a hammer again? Heard he had.

He became worthy just as he charged at the Beyonders with Hyperion.

carver9
Thor girl still have the hammer tmk. Isn't she currently fighting the Destroyer with the hammer?n

Delta1938
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
He became worthy just as he charged at the Beyonders with Hyperion.

So what happened to Whor? They hype this up as she's the permanent "true" Thor and do that after a few months? Not that I bought it was truly forever, but I thought it'd last a bit longer than that, if it is the case.

One_Angry_Scot
So what happened to Whor? They hype this up as she's the permanent "true" Thor and do that after a few months? Not that I bought it was truly forever, but I thought it'd last a bit longer than that, if it is the case.

Oh she still has Mjolnir and everything. And is going to be around for a long time throughout Secret Wars etc.

Delta1938
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Oh she still has Mjolnir and everything. And is going to be around for a long time throughout Secret Wars etc.

So he became worthy again, but doesn't have Mjolnir? Does he have anything else, or would this be weaponless Thor?

carver9
So he became worthy again, but doesn't have Mjolnir? Does he have anything else, or would this be weaponless Thor?

Yes. He has an unworthy Mjlonir called Thorr (I think that's the name of it). He was unable to lift it when facing the Beyonders because he became worthy again. He still doesn't have Mjlonir though but his previous hammer seemed just as powerful (even though he doesn't have it anymore).

One_Angry_Scot

In another world there is a hammer of Thorr. And you can only wield it if you are unworthy.

http://i.imgur.com/ALyjnlg.jpg

Just as he went into combat with the Beyonders he tried to pick it up and he couldn't.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23041058_1.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23041059_2.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus

Yea, because we've seen how useless unworthy Thor is. erm

That axe and focus on him using weather powers on his own more make up for losing Mjolnir. Obviously nothing can replace that OP hammer when push comes to shove but whatever.

I know it must vex you but it's the truth bro.

Delta1938
Well then.

JBL
Thor without his hammer stands very little chance against hulk or gladiator. We have seen what happens to thor when he has no hammer against both. He would have no defense against gladiators heat vision, freeze breath or speed, thor has never in his life hit gladiator with his fists because he knows better, his hammer is the only way he has ever stopped gladiator period. Look at all of their fights, gladiator was connecting with his fists while thor was swinging his hammer to stay around and compete. It is a well known fact that gladiator can KO thor with ease, but even with his hammer, it took multiple shots to stop gladiator. Why do you think gladiator kicked the hammer out of thors hand before he ended it? It was the only thing that could have stopped him. Team 1 stomps.

h1a8
Team 1. But good fight.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, because we've seen how useless unworthy Thor is. erm

That axe and focus on him using weather powers on his own more make up for losing Mjolnir. Obviously nothing can replace that OP hammer when push comes to shove but whatever.

I know it must vex you but it's the truth bro.

No one is saying he is useless. He is hellava powerful but in a battle like this, no, just no. He need his hammer. He is facing a Superman like character and another character that is shaking the planet and continents during a fist cuff, 'consistently'. Yeah, team 1 stomps.

celeyhyga17
No one is saying he is useless. He is hellava powerful but in a battle like this, no, just no. He need his hammer. He is facing a Superman like character and another character that is shaking the planet and continents during a fist cuff, 'consistently'. Yeah, team 1 stomps.
laughing

Sin I AM
This team??

I loled at spit out my drink. Cheers

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Thor without his hammer stands very little chance against hulk or gladiator. We have seen what happens to thor when he has no hammer against both. He would have no defense against gladiators heat vision, freeze breath or speed, thor has never in his life hit gladiator with his fists because he knows better, his hammer is the only way he has ever stopped gladiator period. Look at all of their fights, gladiator was connecting with his fists while thor was swinging his hammer to stay around and compete. It is a well known fact that gladiator can KO thor with ease, but even with his hammer, it took multiple shots to stop gladiator. Why do you think gladiator kicked the hammer out of thors hand before he ended it? It was the only thing that could have stopped him. Team 1 stomps.

Thor has no shot against Kallark without Mjolnir.

The Odinson has more than a chance against Hulk without the hammer.

Jarnbjorn and his elemental powers make him more than formidable enough to drop the Hulk.

krisblaze
Unworthy Thor does good against Hulk and average against Glads.

Hype does average against Hulk and average against Glads.

6-7/10 team 2

carver9
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Thor has no shot against Kallark without Mjolnir.

The Odinson has more than a chance against Hulk without the hammer.

Jarnbjorn and his elemental powers make him more than formidable enough to drop the Hulk.

Disagree entirely with this. Hulk is called the most powerful being on the planet for a reason.

celeyhyga17
Did I put a picture of Unworthy Thor in the OP? Not sure why he keeps being brought up.

krisblaze
^I see no picture of Thor in the op.

Sin I AM
Glads got new feats?

ODG
So he became worthy again, but doesn't have Mjolnir? Does he have anything else, or would this be weaponless Thor? He became worthy shortly before he was killed by the Beyonders.

The Sorrow
Team 1 wins a close fight.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by krisblaze
^I see no picture of Thor in the op.
You need to update your browser.

LordofBrooklyn
Disagree entirely with this. Hulk is called the most powerful being on the planet for a reason.

Banner may be the strongest but not the most powerful.

Brute strength can't overcome the offensive and defensive capabilities Mjolnir provides.

Thor as usual will enter the battle in his brawler phase with the Hulk. Subsequently, he realizes he has one of the most powerful weapons in the universe and starts to use it against Banner.

FEAR ITSELF is the definitive battle between the two and shows just what would happen if both played to their strengths.

Originally posted by The Sorrow
Team 1 wins a close fight.

Not close at all.

Team 2 wins definitively.

The Hulk falls first and both Hyperion and Thor take out Gladiator.

carver9

Brute strength can't overcome the offensive and defensive capabilities Mjolnir provides.

Thor as usual will enter the battle in his brawler phase with the Hulk. Subsequently, he realizes he has one of the most powerful weapons in the universe and starts to use it against Banner.

FEAR ITSELF is the definitive battle between the two and shows just what would happen if both played to their strengths.

Not close at all.

Your opinion buddy. I'm going by what has been said of the character on multiple of occasions.

Lol...Hulk has fought too many people that is more than brute strength and does just fine. Let me use someone that is more see able in your eyes. Doomsday has fought against people that is more versatile than himself and does just fine. Do you get it now. Lobo has, Grundy has, Mongul has, Shaggy man has...

Lol...Thor bfred Hulk. I agree, that would work on Hulk and Doomsday as well.

Your opinion on who would win. All I know is, all of them would curb Superman. smile

Time Immemorial
Oh well Thor beats Hulk's ass down hard.

LordofBrooklyn
Your opinion buddy. I'm going by what has been said of the character on multiple of occasions.

Lol...Hulk has fought too many people that is more than brute strength and does just fine. Let me use someone that is more see able in your eyes. Doomsday has fought against people that is more versatile than himself and does just fine. Do you get it now. Lobo has, Grundy has, Mongul has, Shaggy man has...

Lol...Thor bfred Hulk. I agree, that would work on Hulk and Doomsday as well.

Your opinion on who would win. All I know is, all of them would curb Superman. smile

All of the aforementioned characters are a lot faster than the Hulk.

In the case of Doomsday he automatically adapts to the powersets he faces. Banner can't do the same.

Thor lit an AMPED Hulk up like a Christmas tree while severly wounded AND after taking on an amped Thing simultaneously.

Superman beats everyone in teams 1 and 2 but only kills the Hulk!

carver9
All of the aforementioned characters are a lot faster than the Hulk.

In the case of Doomsday he automatically adapts to the powersets he faces. Banner can't do the same.

Thor lit an AMPED Hulk up like a Christmas tree while severly wounded AND after taking on an amped Thing simultaneously.

Superman beats everyone in teams 1 and 2 but only kills the Hulk!

Are you ready to compare speed fts because I am?

Show me Doomsday adapting during battles. Scans please and what does that have to do with Doomsday being bfred.

Lit him up or bfred him?

Naah, Superman dies.

Time Immemorial
This team>Thing

Thing>Hulk

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--0GdjBbmY--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/bcxycysqyo84qwrtb1jl.jpg

carver9
Lol

celeyhyga17
Are you ready to compare speed fts because I am?

Show me Doomsday adapting during battles. Scans please and what does that have to do with Doomsday being bfred.

Lit him up or bfred him?

Naah, Superman dies.
He's not ready for the Carvinator.

The Sorrow

Not close at all.

How are you so sure Hulk falls first? Who is stopping him?

sadwqecqw
Hyperion solos

Khazra Reborn
Thor and Hyperion win. All of these guys are of a similar level of power, but Thor and Hype are bros4lyfe. They're going to watch eachothers backs, and fight as a team. Hulk and Glads are just as likely to fight eachother, as they are their opposition.

LordofBrooklyn
How are you so sure Hulk falls first? Who is stopping him?

Hulk is the low man in this battle of teams.

Hyperion or Thor can and WILL take him down. I think most likely Hyperion will continue the beating he gave Banner when he punched the Hulk out of him in The Avengers.

I could also see a replay of The FEAR ITSELF only this time Hulk would be weaker and Thor would be healthier.

The Sorrow
Hulk is the low man in this battle of teams.

Hyperion or Thor can and WILL take him down. I think most likely Hyperion will continue the beating he gave Banner when he punched the Hulk out of him in The Avengers.

I could also see a replay of The FEAR ITSELF only this time Hulk would be weaker and Thor would be healthier.
By the same token Hulk won't be mind-controlled which he was in both fights, there's also the fact he wasn't defeated in either fight anyway. Lol @ Hyperion punching Hulk back into human form, Banner changed himself.

Current Hulk is more inteliigent than anyone here, and now has martial arts training on top of being physically the most powerful. Stop lowballing.

LordofBrooklyn
By the same token Hulk won't be mind-controlled which he was in both fights, there's also the fact he wasn't defeated in either fight anyway. Lol @ Hyperion punching Hulk back into human form, Banner changed himself.

Current Hulk is more inteliigent than anyone here, and now has martial arts training on top of being physically the most powerful. Stop lowballing.

Hulk's martial arts training can't compare to the combat experience of Thor. Neither can it negate the distinct advantage in speed and default strength of Hyperion.

To the point of intelligence, Banner should be smart enough to concede to Thor and Hyperion rather than get brutalized!

Henry_Pym
Odinson has been brutal since becoming unworthy. Lol @ him being downgraded, Hyperion is just a better Gladiator.

Team 2 wins.

carver9
Hulk's martial arts training can't compare to the combat experience of Thor. Neither can it negate the distinct advantage in speed and default strength of Hyperion.

To the point of intelligence, Banner should be smart enough to concede to Thor and Hyperion rather than get brutalized!

You're just saying anything.

The Sorrow
Ya pretty much.

sadwqecqw
Why would anyone argue for the martial arts ability for any of these characters? These 4 have less martial art ability than freaking Stephanie Brown

saurabh kanhere
Isn't Hulk sorta POKEMON?

Khazra Reborn
He's got about as much personality of a Pokemon.

LordofBrooklyn
You're just saying anything.

Ya pretty much.

Fighting Ability
1. Thor>Hulk

This is indisputable.

Default Strength

1.Hyperion> Hulk

power

1. Thor>Hulk

2.Hyperion> Hulk

Concede now OR I will put you Gammites down like the rabid dogs you are!

celeyhyga17
Fighting Ability
1. Thor>Hulk

This is indisputable.

Default Strength

1.Hyperion> Hulk

power

1. Thor>Hulk

2.Hyperion> Hulk

Welcome to the Thor Corps. thumb up

quanchi112
Fighting Ability
1. Thor>Hulk

This is indisputable.

Default Strength

1.Hyperion> Hulk

power

1. Thor>Hulk

2.Hyperion> Hulk

Concede now OR I will put you Gammites down like the rabid dogs you are! Based on ?

ShadowFyre
I think Gladiator can beat Hyperion in a one on one. But team 2 should take this. Thor just has to much versatility. Think some ppl are kinda lowballin team 1tho. They have what it takes to take a few rounds.
Thor/hype 7-10

carver9
Hulk felt confident that he could take on a group of Avengers and one of them included a Thor. He also said (not outright) that he would win. I think it's common right now that Hulk is operating pretty got darn high. Neither Hyperion nor Thor is taking him imo.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Happy Dance

The Sorrow
Fighting Ability
1. Thor>Hulk

This is indisputable.

Default Strength

1.Hyperion> Hulk

power

1. Thor>Hulk

2.Hyperion> Hulk

Lol @ "default strength"

Tbh I just think it's absurd that you would dismiss Hulk as readily as you are. Speed was never a problem when he has fought any of these guys in past fights, neither was their strength. Gladiator is pretty much as strong as Hyperion and Hulk basically overpowered him. He also defeated the old evil Hyperion twice and stalemated the current version before Banner regained control. Hulks 1v1 record is pretty damn good against all of these guys.

carver9
Would you even consider the Hulk and Hyperion fight (recently) as legit since Hulk was mind controlled?

The Sorrow
Would you even consider the Hulk and Hyperion fight (recently) as legit since Hulk was mind controlled?
Generally speaking as long as the mind control doesn't grant an amp or weaken the character, and the fight itself is given the right context if used in debates, I don't see why not.

Sin I AM
Generally speaking as long as the mind control doesn't grant an amp or weaken the character, and the fight itself is given the right context if used in debates, I don't see why not.

Slippery slope, if he's actively fighting the control hes not using all his power

DarkSaint85
Was he actively fighting, then?

carver9

Agreed. I just wouldn't consider that Hulk at his best since he was mind controlled.

One_Angry_Scot
Agreed. I just wouldn't consider that Hulk at his best since he was mind controlled.

I don't know though I mean he'd be actively trying to fight the person if he is entirely under control. If Banner was still holding him back then I see your point but him being in that state he was in made it seem like he wanted that fight.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

Canon, fool!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.