Smaug vs Hulkbuster Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Why the hell not?

Fight starts in the middle of Times Square at night with all of the bright billborards and signs lit up like the 4th of July. Both start 100 yards apart and have full knowledge of one another. Smaug knows about his missing piece of armor, and Tony has his drop ship for repairs.

To the death.

Time Immemorial
HB wins.

BruceSkywalker
Smaug turns into Dr. Strange who then turns Hulkbuster Stark into a pile of misused spells from harry potter lol

Inhuman
Should have put The Falcon vs. A (lotr)Eagle

TheGrat1
Iron Man >>> Iron arrow.

TheVaultDweller
lol poor poor Smaug. The dragon dies horribly. All Tony needs to do is target the weak spot in Smaug's scales with his suit's systems, and fire a tankbuster at it. Game over and bits of dragon everywhere.

ShadowFyre
No. That flame would roast tony. And smaug is way stronger and more massive. And he is faster than Veronica.

Impediment
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
No. That flame would roast tony. And smaug is way stronger and more massive. And he is faster than Veronica.

I agree. Also, Smaug would try to protect himself to the utmost since he knows about his missing armor piece.

TheVaultDweller

Based on what does Smaug generate enough heat to do any serious damage to Tony's armour? The Extremis guys who were ripping his crappy suits apart in IM3 were measured at 3000 degrees celsius or something (need to double check that), and the heat from Thor's lightning (which is WAY hotter than 3000 degrees celsius) barely did any superficial damage to his Avengers 1 armour. And his Hulkbuster/Veronica armour was built to be a lot more armoured and protected than his regular armour is.

And stronger, yes. Faster? I am not so sure. We never see Veronica gas it fully (Tony does cover a lot of ground across the city while carrying the Hulk though), and that suit has 11 arc reactors and giant repulsors, so its power to weight ratio is probably much greater than his normal suit, and his normal suits can match supersonic jets.

Impediment
Smaug wins, IMO.

KingD19
Jackhammer punch to the eyeball.

ShadowFyre
HB was pretty obviously nowhere near as fast or as agile as his regular suits. That flame burnt a quarter mile of a city to the ground every time he let loose. Is it laser hot? No, but considering he can spam it, and its hot enough to melt multiple tons of gold at a time, it can't be good for him. Smaugs a lot smarter than the hulk and is more experienced than Tony as well.

I'm honestly still undecided on who takes the majority but people saying Tony stomps is crazy. Its gonna take everything Veronicas got to survive this fight since Smaug knows of his only weakness.

StealthRanger
Temperature doesn't matter if it lacks the energy output

As for the fight, I don't know, Smaug was able to destroy Dwarven stonework with his strength and his fire was powerful enough to one shot buildings in Dale IIRC, for Smaug's feats

Oh and he can survive being submerged in molten gold /random

AncientPower
Dragon fire can melt through anything including rings of power, besides of course the One.

Psychotron
HB. Casually.

Impediment
Smaug is too fast, IMO.

FrothByte
Guess it will depend if HB's modern weaponry will work on Smaug. Smaug is too strong for HB to take on physically, so it will end up being Smaug's flame vs. HB's arsenal.

Impediment
I still say Smaug.

Psychotron
Come on, if some pansy with a shitty arrow can kill him then Iron Man will rape him.

Genesis-Soldier
honestly HB is faster and has a pretty good arsonal.

Vault dweller. i have a feeling that a 3000 degrees celcius walking talking heat source will be diffrent when compared to thor brand lightning. i am not gifted with the knowledge of thermodnamics but something seems off when comparing the two completely diffrent energy/heat sources of fire and lightning

AncientPower
HB is in no way faster than Smaug, he is infact much slower and against Dragon breath Tony's options are very limited.

Newjak
I definitely think the terrain is more suitable to Ironman.

Also I find this match hard to judge because Smaug is hard to judge. He survived Molten Gold which is his best feat. That still doesn't mean he is going to automatically hold up well to modern weaponry much less the super advanced stuff Tony carries on him. His hide is hard to cut with Medieval weapons but that is not what he is going up against here.

Smaug's size could prove a problem but I do not think Smaug is stronger than the Hulk based on feats.

Also Smaug's breath weapon is nice but I do not know if it is stronger than your average flame thrower. Obviously Smaug's breath weapon is larger and therefore can attack larger areas but it's melting feats could be reproduced by a normal flamethrower I think or close enough. So I don't know how effective it will be on Tony.

I think I would go with Iron Man myself. I think it is too much a of a stretch to say that Smaug can just tank advanced weaponry without feats to back it up.

Estacado
Iron Man blasts his ass.

Jmanghan
No. That flame would roast tony. And smaug is way stronger and more massive. And he is faster than Veronica. confused

http://www.troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

Genesis-Soldier
tony has the arsenal to take this within the early stages of a fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.