Doesn't making Vitiate an all-powerful DE Sidious clone de-legitimize Episdoes 1-6?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hero of Python
Because the whole point of Sidious was that he's this supreme dark side entity who the Republic was completely ill-equipped to handle. Only the Skywalkers and the prophecy could save them. But now, if they have access to history books and holocrons that detail Vitiate and his escapades, wouldn't they know exactly what to expect? I mean, Vitiate is basically a carbon copy of Ep 1-6 Sidious/DE Sidious. It just makes Jedi like Yoda seem stupid for not being able to read the tea leaves, when the same story played out in the past.

But none of this matters if SWTOR is never "officially" canon-ized.

Sinious
Vitiate never replicated the political maneuvers of Sidious and crush the republic from within so I'm not sure what your point is.

Hero of Python
Originally posted by Sinious
Vitiate never replicated the political maneuvers of Sidious and crush the republic from within so I'm not sure what your point is.

The point is the one you skipped over. Vitiate is literally the blueprint for Sidious, politics aside. A large aspect of the trilogies is that the Jedi are completely unprepared for a threat from such a powerful dark side entity. With Vitiate getting his power boost, it's now in the history books that this kind of threat it out there. So when Yoda and Mace suspected a Sith Lord pulling strings, they should have been able to reference Vitiate as a "worst case scenario," and thus should have been better prepared when he revealed himself.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
As stated in Plagueis I believe, there was little to no information about the exploits of Vitiate.

Darth Luminous
Actually, the Plagueis book only claimed that Vitiate was said to have lived a thousand years and that it was believed he had managed to perpetuate his spirit after physical death. It didn't rule out the possibility of there being much more information about his exploits. However, it did make clear that he wasn't still hanging around in the film era influencing things as an extant Sith spirit, as far as Plagueis knew.

Hero of Python
Originally posted by Darth Luminous
Actually, the Plagueis book only claimed that Vitiate was said to have lived a thousand years and that it was believed he had managed to perpetuate his spirit after physical death. It didn't rule out the possibility of there being much more information about his exploits. However, it did make clear that he wasn't still hanging around in the film era influencing things as an extant Sith spirit, as far as Plagueis knew.

Yeah...looks like they kept it vague so as to leave things open for Bioware's story team. I just hope Bioware doesn't get too redundant here. I don't want a storyline where all of the sudden it's foreseen that only the chosen one can end the...oh wait, that already happened with Scourge and HoT.

I guess they can explain it away with the old adage "history repeats itself," with HoT = a hybrid Anakin/Luke and Vitiate = Sidious.

Q99
The history books got wrecked in the New Sith Wars.

And note, even what does show up, they'll see he took over half the galaxy, and there was a reasonably long war. Vitiate may be really powerful, but that doesn't show up much in history texts.

By the time of Sidious, the Grand Galactic War is just that big one between the Old Sith Wars and the New Sith Wars. Of which the last is considered the most damaging.

Sidious's political take is the most effective of the sith plots. There's a reason Krayt partially borrowed it with his vongiform plague idea, a purely external assault never works regardless of personal power.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99
The history books got wrecked in the New Sith Wars.
Yeah lol, the Jedi don't even know how to get to Tython.

ares834
It's non-canon so no.

Stigma
Originally posted by Hero of Python

But none of this matters if SWTOR is never "officially" canon-ized.
I concur. Vitiate does not matter.

|King Joker|
Who even is Vitiate?

psmith81992
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Who even is Vitiate?

He's Jar Jar's pimp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.