Sentry vs. Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Most recent versions of each.

Who wins?

zopzop
So DSentry vs "I sold my soul for power" Strange? DSentry ftw. He's displayed more raw power on panel than Soul Sellin' Strange has.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

"Id"
Did he sell his soul? I thought he had no soul to bargin with.

zopzop
Originally posted by "Id"
I was just trying to be cute, I see I've failed sad

carver9
Originally posted by "Id"

thumb up

He did get a power boost though.

riv6672
Strange over Sentry.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
thumb up

He did get a power boost though. it would not be enough to stop the sentry.

riv6672
Sure it would.
Worse comes to worse, and it wouldnt, Strange could BFR him easily.
OP doesnt take away that option.

tkitna
Strange wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by riv6672
Sure it would.
Worse comes to worse, and it wouldnt, Strange could BFR him easily.
OP doesnt take away that option. Sentry is too fast and too vicious for this to work. He's also more powerful.

riv6672
Yeah thats way too simplistic a viewpoint for me to really bother arguing against.

The Sorrow
Dr Strange wins.

riv6672
Out of morbid curiosity, show of hands:
Who seriously thinks Dr. Strange doesnt have auto shields?
That the sorcerer supreme, wouldnt have something in place to protect himself from an unexpected/at speed attack?
Its nothing GL rings dont regularly do.

quanchi112
Yeah thats way too simplistic a viewpoint for me to really bother arguing against. So speed, ruthlessness, and greater power aren't valid viewpoints ? Break it down. Let's hear why you think strange wins.

carver9
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Dr Strange wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Based on ?

riv6672
No auto shield opinions?
Didnt think so.

Tony Stark
Strange over Sentry.

confused

Golgo13
Originally posted by tkitna
Strange wins.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Golgo13

Clueless as ever

Golgo13
Originally posted by Tony Stark
I'm clueless as ever

No shit.

Henry_Pym
Strange wins, he is currently rocking a massive power up to the point he with ease beat a bunch of HHs.

tkitna
I just think at this point, its going to take a mage of Stranges ilk to beat the Sentry. I think he could probably remove the Death Seed or force the Void back unto Bob, or something on those lines.

It aint a give me by any stretch of the imagination though.

riv6672
Yeah, it wouldnt come to BFR, which like said, is always an option.

Galan007
Strange.

That Cthulhu-esque creature/magic he used to tool the faux-JLA completely drained the energy of those it touched. Incidentally, that might be one of the only ways to defeat Death Sentry.

riv6672
Interesting attack...

Stoic
1-2-3 go... Sentry rips his head off before he can say the Crimson....

riv6672
Hilarious. yes

Stoic
Originally posted by Galan007
Strange.

That Cthulhu-esque creature/magic he used to tool the faux-JLA completely drained the energy of those it touched. Incidentally, that might be one of the only ways to defeat Death Sentry.

The problem here is that many of those characters were occupied at the time, and they didn't launch a full out attack on Strange, because they were under the impression that their mage could hold his own against Stephen. That won't be the case here. Sure he has the power, but lacks the time.

DarkSaint85
He has shields which were able to react in time to protect him from a Galactus blast....I think he will be just fine.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/7/78096/1509500-small0tr.jpg

also, doesn't he still have the eye of Agamotto?
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/69579/1511124-speed_defense.jpg

Stoic
Bob moves faster than Galactus can lift his hand, which was the tell tell that Stephen used to mount a suitable defense against the assault. Bob is much faster than Galactus. He won't be fine.

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic
Bob moves faster than Galactus can lift his hand, which was the tell tell that Stephen used to mount a suitable defense against the assault. Bob is much faster than Galactus. He won't be fine.
Not sure if you're just trolling or not this morning, but you're really funny! thumb up
An auto shield thats only fast enough to react to slow attacks. Heh...!

DarkSaint85

Did you see the second link?

First scan was to showcase the level it can withstand.

Second was to showcase the speed. I know it was only at the speed of light, and the DSeed Sentry can go faster than that - but I have another which has him possessing an everlasting (i.e. permanent) shield.

Insane Titan
Strange has reacted to Surfer trying to blitz him by surprise before.

riv6672
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Strange has reacted to Surfer trying to blitz him by surprise before.
^^^THANK you. Hence why its an auto shield.

Stoic
^^^THANK you. Hence why its an auto shield.

Are you attempting to say that Strange can not be hit? One or two scans do not constitute all of his appearances. Also we don't even know if he can hurt Sentry. A weaker version of Bob ripped through Doom's shields as if they weren't even there. Why don't we go back and look at what Doom's shields have withstood if we're going to go with one or two showings in order to maintain a solid stance, or call it the average?

DarkSaint85
Are you attempting to say that Strange can not be hit? One or two scans do not constitute all of his appearances. Also we don't even know if he can hurt Sentry. A weaker version of Bob ripped through Doom's shields as if they weren't even there. Why don't we go back and look at what Doom's shields have withstood if we're going to go with one or two showings in order to maintain a solid stance, or call it the average?

But this is a stronger version of Strange, who would have been above that version of Doom. So moot.

How about you have some low showings of Strange, where non-magical (so people like Surfer or Hulk) have tried sucker punching Strange - how did they fare?

I mean, after all, he is just a human being who knows tons of spells - if what you're saying is true, and he has no autoshields, ANYTIME a herald punches him/blasts him, without autoshields, he'd be turned into paste. Like Booster Gold without his forcefield, or Susan Storm etc. Normal squishy human.

Of course, you could argue that his opponents were holding back - so maybe show villains or something being able to hurt him?

riv6672
See above for answer to below.

Are you attempting to say that Strange can not be hit?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He has shields which were able to react in time to protect him from a Galactus blast....I think he will be just fine.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/7/78096/1509500-small0tr.jpg

also, doesn't he still have the eye of Agamotto?
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/69579/1511124-speed_defense.jpg That Galactus scan is edited. I suspect Long Pig's hand in this.

The real scan says Miniscule amount of energy.
http://s238.photobucket.com/user/Branlactus/media-full/Fights/Dr%20Strange/galactusvsdrstrange2zy5.jpg.html

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But this is a stronger version of Strange, who would have been above that version of Doom. So moot.

How about you have some low showings of Strange, where non-magical (so people like Surfer or Hulk) have tried sucker punching Strange - how did they fare?

I mean, after all, he is just a human being who knows tons of spells - if what you're saying is true, and he has no autoshields, ANYTIME a herald punches him/blasts him, without autoshields, he'd be turned into paste. Like Booster Gold without his forcefield, or Susan Storm etc. Normal squishy human.

Of course, you could argue that his opponents were holding back - so maybe show villains or something being able to hurt him?

No, I'm not saying that he was holding back or anything like that. What
I'm saying or actually asking for is; Were there any other times in his
history that he has been hit? And also the pic that you used is of an
older version of Stephen. Do we know that his spells are actually
stronger. or are you guessing? We also have no idea of the effect that
they would have on Bob right?

Stoic
So basically I was going on the last time, which is the median or average for Robert vs Spells, and their effects on him.

riv6672
Circular argument at this point.
-shrug-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.