Changing Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Didn't the founders of this country intend a Christian God?

Star428
Yes, indeed.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Lol, a lot of them weren't Christians, they were Deists.

Star428
Never listen to an atheist's opinion on a subject like this. They're wrong, as usual.

Read this instead:

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/140621

Oh, and there's also this which also shows that the U S is a republic. Not a democracy.

http://www.thisnation.com/library/songs/pledge.html

...unless some fool thinks that "God" there refers to some false god like Allah.

Spawningpool
Hey star can I get your opinion on satanism?

Star428
What about it?

Spawningpool
Just your opinion, what do you think about its beliefs

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wonder Man

Did the founders of this country put the words "Christian God" in the constitution?

Star428
Tbh, I don't know what all of Satanists' beliefs are but I assume that they hate the Creator and worship Satan, yes? If so, I think that's despicable. However, all American's have "freedom of religion" and can worship whoever or whatever they like even if it is that deceitful murdering bastard. As long as their worship isn't hurting anyone (other than themselves of course which is what that sick religion will do to them sooner or later).

Shakyamunison

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Star428
Tbh, I don't know what all of Satanists' beliefs are but I assume that they hate the Creator and worship Satan, yes? If so, I think that's despicable. However, all American's have "freedom of religion" and can worship whoever or whatever they like even if it is that deceitful murdering bastard. As long as their worship isn't hurting anyone (other than themselves of course which is what that sick religion will do to them sooner or later).
Satanists do not worship satan or god

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Spawningpool
Satanists do not worship satan or god

laughing

Spawningpool
Have y'all niggas ever heard of Anton lavey?

Shakyamunison
Have y'all niggas ever heard of Anton lavey?

Satan doesn't exist.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Satan doesn't exist.
Satanists know that

Shakyamunison
Satanists know that

But Christians don't. How ironic.

Spawningpool
But Christians don't. How ironic.
Has me or any other satanist ever bothered you at your door step?

Shakyamunison
Has me or any other satanist ever bothered you at your door step?

I have never met a satanist in my life.

Spawningpool
Compare the 2 http://prince.org/msg/105/113982

Shakyamunison
Compare the 2 http://prince.org/msg/105/113982

I'm a Buddhist.

Spawningpool
I'm a Buddhist.
No asking to convert just compare

Shakyamunison
No asking to convert just compare

Okay.

Wonder Man
As God said; "Son of the morning star how low you have fallen."
He could go to God at anytime.
So can you.

Ms Chelle
Compare the 2 http://prince.org/msg/105/113982 Interesting. thumb up

But Christians don't. How ironic. You say ironic, I say typical.

Star428
Satan most certainly exists. Convincing the world he doesn't exist is just one of his many deceptions that he uses on the world:

http://www.askelm.com/doctrine/d950201.htm

Poor deceived fools can deny his existence all they want to but it still won't change the fact that he's real. He's laughing at all of the people who don't believe in him because they are easy prey for him to influence.

Shakyamunison
Satan most certainly exists. Convincing the world he doesn't exist is just one of his many deceptions that he uses on the world:
Poor deceived fools can deny his existence all they want to but it still won't change the fact that he's real. He's laughing at all of the people who don't believe he's real.

No. Satan is mythology, and not real. 100% of all evil in the world is the responsibility of humans.

When I say that satan doesn't exist, I am just stating the truth.

Satan is a lot like santa clause. Everyone tells their children that the gifts on Christmas morning came from Santa, but we all know that santa clause didn't bring anything. That doesn't mean that giving doesn't exist. Just because satan doesn't exist doesn't mean that evil doesn't exist. We all need to step up and take responsibility for the evil that we do, and stop blaming a mythological magic man.

Star428
There's also this:

http://agapegeek.com/2009/11/01/six-things-satan-doesnt-want-you-to-know-about-himself/

Shakyamunison
Radom links are not proof.

Star428
...and, of course, Christ Himself said he existed. So, unless you think Christ was a liar too then he's real. And if you don't even believe in Christ, well... Then I'm not interested in what you think on any religious subject.

ArtificialGlory
Radom links are not proof.

Especially when they direct you to Christian fundie propaganda.

Shakyamunison
...and, of course, Christ Himself said he existed. So, unless you think Christ was a liar too then he's real. And if you don't even believe in Christ, well... Then I'm not interested in what you think on any religious subject.

Jesus was a human with his own beliefs.

Spawningpool
Like gary busey

Spawningpool
And in other news my school blocked the church of satan website but still keeps up all the Christian ones

bluewaterrider
And in other news my school blocked the church of satan website but still keeps up all the Christian ones

If your school is for people 18 years of age and under, you're telling me they are socially responsible on at least ONE front ...

Bentley
No. Satan is mythology, and not real. 100% of all evil in the world is the responsibility of humans.

Even in systems in which a satanic figures exist evil is considered the responsability of humans. Being tempted by Satan doesn't take responsability away from poeple at all.

Your idealization of other animals seems a bit naive to me though, some of them could very well be considered evil and then not 100% of evil would be human.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bentley
Even in systems in which a satanic figures exist evil is considered the responsability of humans. Being tempted by Satan doesn't take responsability away from poeple at all.

There is no need for a tempter. Humans are quite capable of doing evil on their own.

Do you actually believe in satan? Or is satan just a personification of the human concept of evil.

Your idealization of other animals seems a bit naive to me though, some of them could very well be considered evil and then not 100% of evil would be human.

When we are talking about good and evil we are only talking about humans. Christianity does not attribute good or evil to other animals.

BTW, humans are animals.

Bentley
There is no need for a tempter. Humans are quite capable of doing evil on their own.

We don't need a tempter, but that doesn't logically refutes the possibility of a tempter. I don't think evil is a necessity.

Do you actually believe in satan? Or is satan just a personification of the human concept of evil.

I don't believe on a Satan that is a polar opposite of God or an absolute representative of evil. For me Satan seems to be more of a (loosely defined) role than an actual individual. In that sense, you can say I don't believe in Satan.

When we are talking about good and evil we are only talking about humans. Christianity does not attribute good or evil to other animals.

Actually Christianity does attribute good and evil traits to non human entities. You'd be hard pressed to prove (by scripture or tradition) that other animals are uncapable of evil according to those beliefs.

BTW, humans are animals.

Which is why I said other animals?

Spawningpool
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
If your school is for people 18 years of age and under, you're telling me they are socially responsible on at least ONE front ...
Can you please restate what you said

Shakyamunison
We don't need a tempter, but that doesn't logically refutes the possibility of a tempter. I don't think evil is a necessity.
What is the benefit? We cannot change our life unless we take responsibility for all things in our lives. The idea of a temper allows us to shirk our responsibility.
I don't believe on a Satan that is a polar opposite of God or an absolute representative of evil. For me Satan seems to be more of a (loosely defined) role than an actual individual. In that sense, you can say I don't believe in Satan.
I was talking to someone who believes that satan is real and a person.
Actually Christianity does attribute good and evil traits to non human entities. You'd be hard pressed to prove (by scripture or tradition) that other animals are uncapable of evil according to those beliefs.
Not according to the Christianity that I was raised in.
Which is why I said other animals?
Okay.

Shakyamunison
Can you please restate what you said

I don't think he like you. wink

Spawningpool
I don't think he like you. wink
Why don't he like me uncle shakeya

bluewaterrider

Dude, you're all of 16, if that. You're almost too young NOT to like.

I said exactly what I meant. Don't be fooled by Shaky's premise that being against a philosophy means you have to be against the person espousing it.

Spawningpool

I said exactly what I meant. Don't be fooled by Shaky's premise that being against a philosophy means you have to be against the person espousing it.
I can't tell what you're trying to tell me. You don't like me because of my age?

Spawningpool

And what? No I'm not against any philosophy believe whatever you want to believe

Shakyamunison

Keep talking to him, and you will see what I mean.

Spawningpool
Keep talking to him, and you will see what I mean.
But uncle shakeya that's seems like a bad idea

Shakyamunison
But uncle shakeya that's seems like a bad idea

laughing out loud

Yah, just ignore him.

Spawningpool
laughing out loud

Yah, just ignore him.
Pleas don't tell me he is quans bastard child

Shakyamunison
Pleas don't tell me he is quans bastard child

You got me on that one...

Spawningpool
You got me on that one...
Quanchi112

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.